PDA

View Full Version : I need help interpreting some symbolism here.

Rain Man
04-07-2005, 09:22 AM
I walked to work today, and I saw some things that have to be philosophical in nature. I will also attest that all facts reported herein are true.

As some of you may know, I live in a pretty urban neighborhood, and it's the classic grid pattern of streets, with alleys in between. As I was walking down one block, I was amazed to see that the alley was a blazing constellation of tortillas. There were at least 30 tortillas spread out around the asphalt of the alley, some of which were run over, some of which were still "fresh." Since it was kind of cool last night, they all looked kind of frozen (or maybe they were just stale - anyway, they looked hard).

Now here's the odd part. I kept walking, and about two blocks away, I saw something odd on the sidewalk. As I got closer, I could see that there were a bunch of small, pink "pills" scattered around. Once I arrived on the scene, I recognized them as Good 'N' Plenty candies. There were dozens of them, yet another blazing constellation, but this time in pink and white.

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/images/candypix-pages/good-plenty_small.jpg

What could this mean? Does this have something to do with the crushed dreams of Mexican immigrant laborers? Or is it optimistic, that immigrants to the country reach the land of good and plenty? Or perhaps does it just mean that there's a very clumsy shopper in the neighborhood? I'm not sure how to interpret it.

Phobia
04-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Something about Taco John and vaginas, I'm sure. Plus, the distance is significant - as though he's very far away from a box of pink vaginas.

ROYC75
04-07-2005, 09:31 AM
What does this mean ?

You do find some odd shit at times ?

Brando
04-07-2005, 09:32 AM
It's God's way of telling you to lay off the Ludes

jspchief
04-07-2005, 09:41 AM
I think it's a message to the mexican immigrant workers that if they abandon the values that got them here in favor of the greed and sloth of the gringos, they will ultimately end up living a lifestyle that is no more enviable than the one they worked so hard to escape from in their homeland.

Either that, or some kids were out f*cking around last night.

trndobrd
04-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Amazing the things you see when you are walking and not speeding past on a bicycle.

CosmicPal
04-07-2005, 09:46 AM
You didn't pick one up and eat it, did you?

Rain Man
04-07-2005, 09:47 AM
You didn't pick one up and eat it, did you?

Are we talking tortillas or Good 'N' Plenty?

Dartgod
04-07-2005, 09:50 AM
I think your bicycle theif shoplifted some tortillas and Good-n-Plenty's and scattered them while running form the police. It will all be on an episode COPS real soon, I'm sure.

Brando
04-07-2005, 09:50 AM
I think that he was talking about the pile of horseshit that you failed to mention in your original post.

CosmicPal
04-07-2005, 09:51 AM

Knowing you, you'd be more likely to go for the candy. Tortillas are good, but not when they're stale.

Baby Lee
04-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Don't touch anything, Robert Landgon is flying there as we speak.
And for God's sake, don't mention this to any priests.

Iowanian
04-07-2005, 09:53 AM
tortillas scattered on the ground..........

your Good n Plenty, was incorrect, those were Jumping beans.

Interpretation..........Someone spilled the beans. Its clues to find your bicycle.

edit:dammit! Foiled on the Bicycle joke!

Brando
04-07-2005, 09:54 AM
You sure those tortillas weren't Cosmics rolling papers or Iowetheworldanapologyonian's depends?

tyton75
04-07-2005, 10:24 AM
I think it was 2 seperate cases altogether

1. A mexican exploded

2. The Easter Bunny, needing a pick-me-up after Easter, was out trying to score some rock and got rolled by some Keebler Elves

what?!?! it could happen!!

Vegas_Dave
04-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Me thinks that you were really scoring some crack in an alley and what you saw was a direct result...

I think thats the same excuse Bartee uses...

go bo
04-07-2005, 11:11 AM
tortillas scattered on the ground..........

your Good n Plenty, was incorrect, those were Jumping beans.

Interpretation..........Someone spilled the beans. Its clues to find your bicycle.

edit:dammit! Foiled on the Bicycle joke!iranian?

what have they done to you? :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

Otter
04-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Let's look at each of the objects for what they are:

A tortilla usually contains, among other things, a meat wrapped in a soft shell. A good n' plenty is a sweet and chewy candy covered by a hard shell.

The symbolism is obvious:

Your walk to work represents a new day, a fresh start if I may. The first encounter with the tortilas shows your ordinary human or "meaty" side. Some of them being run over signify you've been hurt when opening yourself up.

As the sun grew higher in the day sky, long before it reached the decent of the evening, you came across the good n' plentys.

Dammit Rain Man!!! It's early but time is also running out!

Show your sweet and chewy side to the world and stop hiding those emotions behind walls you built (hard protecitve pink and white shells) before the sun sets and it's too late.

Braincase
04-07-2005, 11:38 AM
This quite obvious.

You seem to have a problem with flatulence and premature ejaculation, compounded by a need to have a knotted hanky shoved up you ass.

I'd suggest heroine.

Glad to help.

Baby Lee
04-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Let's look at each of the objects for what they are:

A tortilla usually contains, among other things, a meat wrapped in a soft shell. A good n' plenty is a sweet and chewy candy covered by a hard shell.

The symbolism is obvious:

Your walk to work represents a new day, a fresh start if I may. The first encounter with the tortilas shows your ordinary human or "meaty" side. Some of them being run over signify you've been hurt when opening yourself up.

As the sun grew higher in the day sky, long before it reached the decent of the evening, you came across the good n' plentys.

Dammit Rain Man!!! It's early but time is also running out!

Show your sweet and chewy side to the world and stop hiding those emotions behind walls you built (hard protecitve pink and white shells) before the sun sets and it's too late.
Geez, if you want to make out with him, just ask. ROFL

Otter
04-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Geez, if you want to make out with him, just ask. ROFL

Hmmm, that does kinda have a gay under-tone to it doesn't it?!?!?

:hmmm:

I'm leaving now.

(call me Rain Man)

seclark
04-07-2005, 02:42 PM
rain man's the ponderer
yeah he's the ponderer
he ponders round around around around...

Rain Man
04-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Does anyone think that this could be a message from God telling me to travel South America and give away candy?

Taco John
04-07-2005, 02:45 PM
I walked to work today, and I saw some things that have to be philosophical in nature. I will also attest that all facts reported herein are true.

As some of you may know, I live in a pretty urban neighborhood, and it's the classic grid pattern of streets, with alleys in between. As I was walking down one block, I was amazed to see that the alley was a blazing constellation of tortillas. There were at least 30 tortillas spread out around the asphalt of the alley, some of which were run over, some of which were still "fresh." Since it was kind of cool last night, they all looked kind of frozen (or maybe they were just stale - anyway, they looked hard).

Now here's the odd part. I kept walking, and about two blocks away, I saw something odd on the sidewalk. As I got closer, I could see that there were a bunch of small, pink "pills" scattered around. Once I arrived on the scene, I recognized them as Good 'N' Plenty candies. There were dozens of them, yet another blazing constellation, but this time in pink and white.

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/images/candypix-pages/good-plenty_small.jpg

What could this mean? Does this have something to do with the crushed dreams of Mexican immigrant laborers? Or is it optimistic, that immigrants to the country reach the land of good and plenty? Or perhaps does it just mean that there's a very clumsy shopper in the neighborhood? I'm not sure how to interpret it.

It's a message about our love...

|Zach|
04-07-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm leaving now.

(call me Rain Man)
ROFL

Mark M
04-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Does anyone think that this could be a message from God telling me to travel South America and give away candy?

Either that, or it's a message from God telling you to have dinner at Taco Bell and follow it with a movie.

MM
~~:hmmm:

P.S. I'm sure that if I still smoked pot I could come up with something quite profound, but that's as good as I got right now.

Mark M
04-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Hmmm, that does kinda have a gay under-tone to it doesn't it?!?!?

:hmmm:

I'm leaving now.

(call me Rain Man)

Okay ... Rain Man.

MM
~~:spock:

Beatlemanu
04-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Sounds like a signs of the apocalypse...

or maybe this is some crazy new marketing campaign...

or it could have been some kind of ritual sacrifice to the gods...

Actually you should probably be asking yourself, "What did I eat for breakfast this morning???"

tk13
04-07-2005, 03:04 PM
The tortillas represent the crust, and where do you have crust? The earth... but also in your eyes in the morning. When you wipe the crust out of your eyes, it hits the floor, and is eventually blown outside like dust, where it catches onto the fur of a passing rabbit. The rabbit goes off into the woods. This is a message to you, Kevin. You proceed on your journey, asking "They want me to act like a rabbit in the woods?" What could this possibly mean? Then you see it, an alley, full of pink Good & Plenty pills. The color pink.... Good & Plenty? What could this mean you ask. You contemplate it throughly. Then occurs to you. What do rabbits do when they're in the woods? They find another rabbit, and mate. And mate. And mate again. The message becomes all too clear my friend! All too clear! Go! Go on! You have been called upon to act like your rabbit friends! Go to the land of pink Good & Plenty! Immerse yourself in the most pleasurable alleyways of life! You will make Wilt Chamberlain look like Screech, it is your destiny!

Nzoner
04-07-2005, 06:35 PM
The tortillas represent the crust, and where do you have crust? The earth... but also in your eyes in the morning. When you wipe the crust out of your eyes, it hits the floor, and is eventually blown outside like dust, where it catches onto the fur of a passing rabbit. The rabbit goes off into the woods. This is a message to you, Kevin. You proceed on your journey, asking "They want me to act like a rabbit in the woods?" What could this possibly mean? Then you see it, an alley, full of pink Good & Plenty pills. The color pink.... Good & Plenty? What could this mean you ask. You contemplate it throughly. Then occurs to you. What do rabbits do when they're in the woods? They find another rabbit, and mate. And mate. And mate again. The message becomes all too clear my friend! All too clear! Go! Go on! You have been called upon to act like your rabbit friends! Go to the land of pink Good & Plenty! Immerse yourself in the most pleasurable alleyways of life! You will make Wilt Chamberlain look like Screech, it is your destiny!

"Aw man,that's beautiful"
http://www.angel.dk/various/Variousny/4DrHook/DrHookA_07.JPG

big nasty kcnut
04-07-2005, 07:07 PM
It means a hot senorita will give you candy soon, rain man.

mcan
04-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Worthy of Jack Handy? Maybe not, but close...

Sometimes I think to myself, all of life is a big tortillia. And then I think, my emotions are like a simple candy. The trouble is, my life and my emotions do not go well together and it's never obvious which I should partake in, the sustanance of the "life" or the pleasures of the "emotions."

Then I see a bunch of these things scattered on the streets and I think, a dog got into the garbage again...