PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else hear Lawrence Tynes on the radio this morning?

htismaqe
04-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Apparently, Sammy Knight is already exerting some "leadership" in the locker room/weight room.

siberian khatru
04-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Whose ass did he kick?

ptlyon
04-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Apparently his

Eleazar
04-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Well he's just the kicker. Let me know if he smashes in Trent Green's grill or something.

htismaqe
04-07-2005, 11:44 AM
ROFL

Tynes just said that you could definitely SENSE the difference now that Bell and Knight are on board. He said they were instant leaders, but he went out of his way to comment specifically on Knight and how he's really taking control...

Coach
04-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Well hell, I didn't know we just signed Mike Vanderjagt.

Saulbadguy
04-07-2005, 11:46 AM
He's an idiot kicker. What would he know? :D

Rain Man
04-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Eric Hicks must be feeling threatened right now.

teedubya
04-07-2005, 11:58 AM
ROFL

Tynes just said that you could definitely SENSE the difference now that Bell and Knight are on board. He said they were instant leaders, but he went out of his way to comment specifically on Knight and how he's really taking control...

yeah that Miami team was something to behold last year.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Knight: "Hey fork boy, you miss another PAT & I will shove Willy Bartee up your ass"

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-07-2005, 12:02 PM
yeah that Miami team was something to behold last year.
They were pretty damn good on defense.

the Talking Can
04-07-2005, 12:03 PM
he said there has been a 50% reduction in towel snapping and a 33% reduction in hanky-panky without Morton around - and a 43% increase in ass kicking since safety #123 arrived...Gretz is writing an article right now about how this validates CP as the greatest GM ever, he will then cut-and-paste the article into a new window, sign it Rufus Dawes, and post it on the Chiefs website...

Sure-Oz
04-07-2005, 12:04 PM
We need some attitude on this defense, not the "we'll fix it" bs that hicks spits out!

Phobia
04-07-2005, 12:06 PM
There's a lot of jokes in this thread, but this is something we've needed since DT died. Leadership and attitude on defense is as important as scheme, discipline, and athleticism IMO. This has the potential to make all the difference in the world. Hopefully the Chiefs who have been on the squad a while will embrace it rather than jockeying for position.

ptlyon
04-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Blah, blah, blah, blah...

Phobia
04-07-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm definately going to kick your ass, looser.

The Bad Guy
04-07-2005, 12:10 PM
We need someone on defense that stands up and motivates the guys when they give up a huge play.

This defense has been demoralized after giving up a big play. There have been zero outspoken leaders to get everyone spirits up.

Hopefully Knight can be that guy.

ptlyon
04-07-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm definately going to kick your ass, looser.

ROFL

Sorry man, I am just in a great mood today.

Probably has to do with being hungover from closing the bar and banging my ex-g/f into submission afterwards...

ZootedGranny
04-07-2005, 12:11 PM
I'd like for Sammy Knight to literally beat the piss out of some of the guys on defense. Pull a knife on Hicks, threaten his life, put Bartee's head under a stack of weights.

I miss the violence of the Chiefs defense. I want our safeties to go back to beheading people, our linebackers shattering a quarterback's collarbone.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-07-2005, 12:12 PM
I'd like for Sammy Knight to literally beat the piss out of some of the guys on defense. Pull a knife on Hicks, threaten his life, put Bartee's head under a stack of weights.

I miss the violence of the Chiefs defense. I want our safeties to go back to beheading people, our linebackers shattering a quarterback's collarbone.

Uh...that was our QB...Grbac.;)lol

I miss it too.

el borracho
04-07-2005, 12:15 PM
ROFL

Plus he is growing a beard and ripping the sleeves off of his jersey...

Fire Me Boy!
04-07-2005, 12:18 PM
OK, Phob... are you going to kick his ass [till it's] looser, or were you calling him a loser?

;)

siberian khatru
04-07-2005, 12:20 PM

ROFL

C-Mac
04-07-2005, 12:25 PM
There's a lot of jokes in this thread, but this is something we've needed since DT died. Leadership and attitude on defense is as important as scheme, discipline, and athleticism IMO. This has the potential to make all the difference in the world. Hopefully the Chiefs who have been on the squad a while will embrace it rather than jockeying for position.

Oh those were the days with DT.

3(or less) and out.......next.

Phobia
04-07-2005, 12:30 PM
OK, Phob... are you going to kick his ass [till it's] looser, or were you calling him a loser?

;)

It's cross-thread humor. There was another thread complaining about misspellings.

Rain Man
04-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Knight: "Hey fork boy, you miss another PAT & I will shove Willy Bartee up your ass"

ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
04-07-2005, 12:44 PM
I wonder if Bartee actually does get picked on...

I remember at the training camp last year Bartee was burnt, what else is new, right, and he didn't turn his head to look for the ball. He was in position, but didn't turn his head. Gunther goes, "What the f$ck, Will, turn you head!" That was the nicest I heard Gunther. It was a nice "f$ck", if there is such a thing. You saw the players shaking their heads like "Why can't this guy get a clue?" So that's why I wondered if Bartee gets picked on often, it seemed like he was the retard at school for that time being. The players were laughing, it was kind of funny and sad. DV acts as the father of a family of 53. More there though at that time, it being TC and all.

Have the coaches ever thought, "Maybe this kid can't play?" or "Maybe we should move him back to safety?"

HolmeZz
04-07-2005, 12:46 PM
What was Tynes doing in the weight room? Making sure everyone had a clean towel?

VonneMarie
04-07-2005, 12:46 PM

ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
04-07-2005, 12:49 PM
What was Tynes doing in the weight room? Making sure everyone had a clean towel?

That's harsh. Kickers have feelings too. :)

CosmicPal
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
What was Tynes doing in the weight room?

Trying to kick a chair from underneath himself?

jspchief
04-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Awesome. I'm pretty geeked about the signing of Knight ( I know a lot of you guys aren't). I may have found a name for my next authentic jersey.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Awesome. I'm pretty geeked about the signing of Knight ( I know a lot of you guys aren't). I may have found a name for my next authentic jersey.

I like him. Hopefully we get his buddy.

scooter
04-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Uh...that was our QB...Grbac.;)lol

McNair had his sternum cracked or something, I think.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-07-2005, 01:13 PM

The great Duane "demon deacon" Clemons did that. I remember that. McRibs hasn't been the same since.

Phobia
04-07-2005, 01:13 PM

Yeah - it was the only play we ever got out of Duane Clemons.

Fire Me Boy!
04-07-2005, 01:15 PM
It's cross-thread humor. There was another thread complaining about misspellings.
Then I'm a dumbass. :sulk:

Coach
04-07-2005, 01:15 PM

Why yes, yes you are. :p

Phobia
04-07-2005, 01:21 PM

If you're just now realizing this - you're a big dumbass. If you knew it all along, you're just a regular dumbass.

scooter
04-07-2005, 01:25 PM
McRibs hasn't been the same since.

McRibs :clap: ROFL

nmt1
04-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Oh those were the days with DT.

3(or less) and out.......next.

Yeah, our offense was pretty bad back then.

siberian khatru
04-07-2005, 01:28 PM
If you're just now realizing this - you're a big dumbass. If you knew it all along, you're just a regular dumbass.

There's a future Planet project: Constructing the hierarchy of dumbassery.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-07-2005, 01:29 PM
There's a future Planet project: Constructing the hierarchy of dumbassery.

I'd contend.

Warrior5
04-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Hope this is the case...Gun shouldn't be the only one threatening people. What's been sorely missing is the players holding each other accountable.

Last Chief on defense I saw doing that was Maz.

AirForceChief
04-07-2005, 02:08 PM

More like sniffing the benchs after the other players were done with their lifting... :shake:

AirForceChief
04-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah - it was the only play we ever got out of Duane Clemons.

Yeah, and he hurt his neck doing it...