PDA

View Full Version : I just looked at 10 mocks, here are the results

DTLB58
04-07-2005, 06:55 PM
These mocks were updated anywhere from today to this past Monday.

Shawnee Merriman DE/LB,Twice
Carlos Rogers CB,Twice
Alex Simth,QB
Troy Willamson,WR
Travis Johnson,DT
David Pollack,DE
Dan Cody,DE
Derrick Johnson,LB

I thought out of 10 mocks they would have agreed on more than just two players. Wow! :shake:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/mock.html

go bo
04-07-2005, 07:07 PM
if we draft another dt, i'm gonna... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

CoMoChief
04-07-2005, 07:13 PM
One said Alex Smith???

Dave Lane
04-07-2005, 07:25 PM
One said Alex Smith???

I would come unglued if Rogers was sitting there and we picked Smith. I might have to hunt CP down and put him out of my misery.

Dave

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2005, 07:38 PM
I would come unglued if Rogers was sitting there and we picked Smith. I might have to hunt CP down and put him out of my misery.

Dave

Why? Outside of Derrick Johnson, Alex Smith might have the most potential out of anybody in the whole draft. Some of you defensive homers need to realize we have other needs on this team.

Logical
04-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Why? Outside of Derrick Johnson, Alex Smith might have the most potential out of anybody in the whole draft. Some of you defensive homers need to realize we have other needs on this team.
I am far from a defensive homer but have you been watching this defense? Having you been watching our offense. Do you really feel we need a QB more than a defensive player?

Hammock Parties
04-07-2005, 08:11 PM
I'd have no problems with drafting Alex Smith. Anytime you can get a franchise QB, you do it.

Mock drafts are so stupid...I hate this time of year.

Dave Lane
04-07-2005, 08:12 PM
I am far from a defensive homer but have you been watching this defense? Having you been watching our offense. Do you really feel we need a QB more than a defensive player?

Hell he won't even play QB at the next level he's scheduled for WR or Safety. I'd completely lose it.

Dave

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2005, 08:51 PM

Franchise QB or a starting CB? Tough choice.

DenverChief
04-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Franchise QB or a starting CB? Tough choice.

finishing last in the AFC West or winning the Super Bowl.....tough choice.....:whackit:

Manila-Chief
04-07-2005, 10:16 PM

Agreed --- that is if we get Surtain. I think from the team's viewpoint .... both Warfield/Surtain are about 29 year olds. They still have 4 to 6 years of quality football left. Therefore, why draft a replacement this early. They can wait a couple years before drafting CB's. (Yes, if it were left up to me I'd draft Rogers and replace Warfield now!!! But that is not how our coaching staff looks at it.)

But, I will agree on another condition ... if our scouting/coaching staff sees Smith as a true franchise QB. Just because the media is going ape over him doesn't make him good. ...... But, again, Green may have 5 or 6 years left and is it too early to draft his replacement????

I know we need D help in the worst way and we need it this offseason so the players can come together as a team. I doubt anyone the Chiefs draft will be able to produce this year. Remember Kingless has a history of not getting 1st. round picks into camp until the last week thus not allowing said player to develop until the following years. Plus, DV doesn't like to trust rookies on the field....

That is why all of us have been saying get Surtain into the fold. And, if there is money left under the cap go after a FA LBer!!!! (Sharper comes to mind???)

Then if Smith is there maybe we take him... although a stud WR would do us more good for the next 3 or 4 years!!!!!

Dave Lane
04-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Opppss I'm bad I'm thinking of the guy from Arkansas. Still no QBs in the first 3 rounds.

Dave

jspchief
04-07-2005, 10:27 PM
This just demonstrates what a load of crap mock drafts are.

Simplex3
04-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I'd have no problems with drafting Alex Smith. Anytime you can get a franchise QB, you do it.

Mock drafts are so stupid...I hate this time of year.
Two words:

Todd Blackledge

Hammock Parties
04-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Two words:

Todd Blackledge

Didn't Todd Blackledge play in a run first O at Penn? Alex Smith proved himself in college. Dude can run around like Steve Young, too.

DenverChief
04-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Didn't Todd Blackledge play in a run first O at Penn? Alex Smith proved himself in college. Dude can run around like Steve Young, too.

f*ck no....CB, LB, WR, are the only acceptable 1st round draft picks...course I say that and watch TG get hurt and have to watch 0dd t0dd tank the rest of the season :mad:

Hammock Parties
04-07-2005, 10:41 PM
f*ck no....CB, LB, WR, are the only acceptable 1st round draft picks...course I say that and watch TG get hurt and have to watch 0dd t0dd tank the rest of the season :mad:

Seriously, if Alex Smith is on the board, I want the Chiefs to draft him.

He won't be though.

Rocky
04-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Your guys is team needs a whole lot more than that DT they need a good solid corner on the other side of surtain or a line backer. My team the raiders will hopefully pick up a good line backer and switch to the 4-3

elvomito
04-07-2005, 10:46 PM
we can always hunt down joey harrington if we need a qbotf

-bofh

Rocky
04-07-2005, 10:49 PM
why would you look toward a QB you need defense just like the raiders.The only thing we have added is derric buress.On the D side of the ball.

Archie Bunker
04-07-2005, 10:51 PM
I really want a QB in the draft but not in the 1st Rd. Frye, Orton, Greene, and Walter are all good QBs that will be available in the 2nd or 3rd.

LB and CB must be addressed 1st IMO.

elvomito
04-07-2005, 10:51 PM
its obvious that in 5 or 6 years the chiefs will need a new qb. trent can't throw those deep balls forever you know

Simplex3
04-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Seriously, if Alex Smith is on the board, I want the Chiefs to draft him.

He won't be though.
Keep saying that and we'll make you an organ donor.

Rocky
04-07-2005, 10:55 PM
adrian mcpherson maybe in the 1st round by you guys becuse aaron rodgers as well as alex smith will be gone, rodgers to the 49rs miami gets smith, corner you will proably pick up rolle at cb hes the db in the draft I think.I hope my team the raiders pick up a good linebacker.

DeepSouth
04-08-2005, 06:41 AM
That's what the Chiefs need to do. Draft a player in the 1st round that will sit on the bench until it's time for him to become a free agent.

Hammock Parties
04-08-2005, 06:43 AM
Keep saying that and we'll make you an organ donor.

I don't think the Chiefs are going to accomplish shit under Vermeil. It would be awesome, but I don't see it happening. We might as well concentrate on the future, and Alex Smith could really help out.

Lzen
04-08-2005, 08:30 AM
These mocks were updated anywhere from today to this past Monday.

Shawnee Merriman DE/LB,Twice
Carlos Rogers CB,Twice
Alex Simth,QB
Troy Willamson,WR
Travis Johnson,DT
David Pollack,DE
Dan Cody,DE
Derrick Johnson,LB

I thought out of 10 mocks they would have agreed on more than just two players. Wow! :shake:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/mock.html

Are these people high? The ones I highlighted in bold are the last thing the Chiefs need to draft in the 1st round. We need a CB, DE, or OLB in that order. I'm really surprised there is only one CB on this list, too.
:shake:

HC_Chief
04-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Are these people high? The ones I highlighted in bold are the last thing the Chiefs need to draft in the 1st round. We need a CB, DE, or OLB in that order. I'm really surprised there is only one CB on this list, too.
:shake:

I tell you what, if Alex Smith is on the board at #15, we had better draft him. That kid will be a stud NFL qb IMO.

The CP will fly into convulsions of rage, but they'll look back on it and laugh a couple of years later once they realize we drafted our QBoTF... our own Tom Brady.

crossbow
04-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Shawne Merriman won't get past Detroit. No way he drops down to the 15th spot. Same for DJ. These guys will be gone by pick 10.

Brock
04-08-2005, 08:52 AM
This draft is not very deep at all. I doubt if any of those players are on the board at 15.