PDA

View Full Version : how would you grade the Front Office on FA

chappy
04-08-2005, 02:12 AM
how would you grade the action by the front office regarding Free Agent Signings so far?

Miles
04-08-2005, 02:22 AM
B- so far but i see it as pretty incomplete. For me it depends what we do in the draft and whether any trades work out (Surtain).

Gaz
04-08-2005, 05:56 AM
I would wait until FA is over and I see the results on the field [as well as how FA impacts our draft] before I presumed to issue a grade.

xoxo~
Gaz
Funny that way.

htismaqe
04-08-2005, 07:28 AM
INCOMPLETE.

FA isn't over yet.

KCTitus
04-08-2005, 07:32 AM
With 9 more starters on defense to sign, I'd say that at this point, it's an F.

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2005, 07:36 AM
B right now, A if we get Surtain and Johnson on draft day.

Brock
04-08-2005, 08:55 AM
I would wait until FA is over and I see the results on the field [as well as how FA impacts our draft] before I presumed to issue a grade.

xoxo~
Gaz
Funny that way.

He said "so far". Think of it as a midterm grade, if you can.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-08-2005, 09:03 AM
B until we sign Surtain.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-08-2005, 09:04 AM

xoxo~
Gaz
Funny that way.

Would it kill you just to play along for once......

Baby Lee
04-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Well, they struck out on their self-IDed top two targets. The book is out on their improvisational skills.
Fortunately they are graded on their final exam, not their day-to-day homework assignments.

chiefmachine
04-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Its amazing how alot of you guys give the Chiefs an F for free agency. For 1 its not over and for 2 what would you have gave the Chiefs last year when they did nothing? B so far, they will get Surtain.

Brock
04-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Its amazing how alot of you guys give the Chiefs an F for free agency. For 1 its not over and for 2 what would you have gave the Chiefs last year when they did nothing? B so far, they will get Surtain.

Looks like there are zero votes for "F".

chiefmachine
04-08-2005, 09:09 AM
No just F talk

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2005, 09:23 AM
We are getting real starters for the defense, which sends the guys we started last year to their backup roles which they are well suited for. Our defense should be improved alot this season.

KCTitus
04-08-2005, 09:33 AM

F this year and F last year, of course.

Gaz
04-08-2005, 11:22 AM
He said "so far". Think of it as a midterm grade, if you can.

Feh.

None of us has enough information to even give a midterm grade.

We have no idea how Bell is going to turn out.
We have no idea whether or not we are going to get a starting CB in FA or the Draft.
We have no idea who our starting OLB will be.
We have no idea if we are going to add any Offensive players.
We have no idea if Barber is coming back.
We have no idea if Mazlowski is coming back.
We do not even know Shields is playing.

Any grade issued before we see the players on the field is ridiculously premature.

xoxo~
Gaz
Prefers to have data BEFORE analysis.

StcChief
04-08-2005, 11:22 AM
B for now.
Surtain. moves them to A-

Ultra Peanut
04-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Undecided.

CoMoChief
04-08-2005, 11:35 AM
You guys I hate to burst everyones bubble, but as much as I would love for Derrick Johnson to become a Chief, theres absolutely NO WAY we are going to trade up for him, nor is he going to somehow fall to us to the 15th pick.

Lzen
04-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Well, they struck out on their self-IDed top two targets. The book is out on their improvisational skills.
Fortunately they are graded on their final exam, not their day-to-day homework assignments.

I would agree about the Rolle situation. But Trotter only wanted to play in Philly. We didn't stand a chance. We offered more and he still stayed in Philly. What are ya gonna do?

But I do agree that they should be graded when free agency '05 is over. For the time being, I would give them a B-. If they manage to get Surtain, I'll give them an A- or possibly higher depending on who else they pickup. I suppose if they manage both Surtain and Kevin Johnson, I would give them an A(+).

BTW, the question was asked how you would grade the FO in FA so far. So, if you can't do that, don't bother. But it doesn't say anything about FA and the draft or how the acquisitions will pan out. Obviously, we won't know that until a couple years from now.

Lzen
04-08-2005, 12:12 PM
You guys I hate to burst everyones bubble, but as much as I would love for Derrick Johnson to become a Chief, theres absolutely NO WAY we are going to trade up for him, nor is he going to somehow fall to us to the 15th pick.

I tend to agree with you. But ya never know what will happen on draft day. Frankly, I would rather see us get a CB or a DE. But yes, a quality OLB is another need.