PDA

View Full Version : What the hell kind of a cookie monster sings, "Me want cookies... in moderation"

RealSNR
04-10-2005, 05:21 PM
WTF?

Listening to the radio today, apparently parents think Cookie Monster is a bad influence on kids. In conjunction with this child obesity shit, Sesame Street has now turned cookie monster into a health nut. He now sings, "A cookie is a sometimes food" or "Me want cookies- in moderation."

This is ****ing bullshit. A cookie monster's diet depends on cookies. He's a monster. He'll steal, maim, rape, or kill anything and everything to get cookies. Now he's staying away from them?

I hate today's society. Only we could ruin something so badass like cookie monster.

milkman
04-10-2005, 05:25 PM
"badass like Cookie Monster"

Never, in my wildest dreams, did I think I would see these words together.

That just is funny! ROFL

Sure-Oz
04-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Cookie Monster needs to **** up those parents. I swear some people will bitch about anything, eating cookies in moderation, wtf??? He's an addict, let him have his ****in cookies, hes no harm to anyone!!

SCTrojan
04-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Let the Cookie Monster eat.

Archie Bunker
04-10-2005, 05:36 PM
:shake: Whats next is Oscar going to be accused of glorifing being homeless by living in a trash can?

Fat kids are going to eat cookies because that is what fat kids do. Leave the cookie monster alone.

Hammock Parties
04-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Scott Kurtz did a ****ing hilarious comic or two about this:

"Cookies are a sometimes food!"

http://www.pvponline.com/archive/2005/pvp20050408.gif

http://www.pvponline.com/archive/2005/pvp20050409.gif

Saulbadguy
04-10-2005, 05:40 PM
So, are you avid viewers of Sesame Street?

kchero
04-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Its this politically correct society.....tired of it.

Deberg_1990
04-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Its this politically correct society.....tired of it.

Exactly, nobody complained about this stuff 30 years ago when i was watching Sesame Street. I turned out alright.

Saulbadguy
04-10-2005, 05:46 PM
I turned out alright.
Debatable. :p

Phobia
04-10-2005, 05:51 PM
So, are you avid viewers of Sesame Street?

Actually, yes. As will you one day, should you and your boyfriend adopt.

Saulbadguy
04-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Actually, yes. As will you one day, should you and your boyfriend adopt.
I still catch it from time to time. My favorite skit is with the dog heads on human bodies. I can't get enough of that, for some reason.

Deberg_1990
04-10-2005, 05:53 PM
haha..Hopefully these people dont go back and watch "The Muppet Movie" (an overlooked classic) IMO. It was pretty much implied that Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem band were a bunch of pot smoking hippies.

Hammock Parties
04-10-2005, 05:58 PM
I always enjoyed forgetful andy (I think that was his name) and the alien dudes who went around droning "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyup yup yup yup yup yup."

Hammock Parties
04-10-2005, 05:59 PM
I also have this mental image of Skip Towne:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/103/1201/640/oscar.1.jpg

Rain Man
04-10-2005, 06:06 PM
If he really is a cookie monster, isn't this forced starvation on the part of Sesame Street? Cookies are his natural diet, like koalas and eucalyptus or lions and antelope. Saying he shouldn't eat cookies is like saying that birds shouldn't eat bugs. You're trying to override nature.

4th and Long
04-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Cookie Monster says:

badgirl
04-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Whoever did this is probably a fatass themselves, people who preach eating right and nutrition are fat themselves, I had to talk to a nutriontist when I was pregnant and they were all fatasses, I don't get it. :hmmm:

KCChiefsMan
04-10-2005, 11:17 PM
the cookie monster is just another scapegoat for bad parenting. parents like to say "My kid is fat because he watches sesame street" not the truth like "we go to McDonalds 3 times a week, my son just loves the #4 supersized"

Ultra Peanut
04-11-2005, 04:21 AM
I'm eating a cookie right now because of this. Not of out protest, or anything, just... power of suggestion.

Bob Dole
04-11-2005, 04:50 AM
Just wait until they really cave in and change his name to Cookie Rascal.

Dartgod
04-11-2005, 05:41 AM
Smart move by Sesame Street, IMO. Really, you know a lawsuit by some f*cked up parent whose twelve year old weighs 350 lbs and now has a bad ticker from eating junk food was just around the corner anyway.

Otter
04-11-2005, 05:52 AM
I'm eating a cookie right now because of this. Not of out protest, or anything, just... power of suggestion.I bought a package of Oreos on Thursday and their gone as of 1am last night, those things are like crack. They sit in my cabnet calling me, taunting me...daring me to eat them.

Cookies are the Cookie Monsters heroin.

As any junkie would in this situation, he needs to perform a degrading sexual favor(s) for a firearm and take the members of Seseme Street hostage sending a corpse out the window once every hour until he gets his FUC$ING COOKIES BACK.

Elmo goes first.

"C" is Carnage, it's what happens when you mess with me" - his new theme tune.

badgirl
04-11-2005, 06:23 AM
I bought a package of Oreos on Thursday and their gone as of 1am last night, those things are like crack. They sit in my cabnet calling me, taunting me...daring me to eat them.

As any junkie would in this situation, he needs to perform a degrading sexual favor(s) for a firearm and take the members of Seseme Street hostage sending a corpse out the window once every hour until he gets his FUC$ING COOKIES BACK.

Elmo goes first.

I don't care much for Oreos I like Chocolate Chip the best, eh come to think of it, I don't really care for cookies period. :p

Phobia
04-11-2005, 07:27 AM
Smart move by Sesame Street, IMO. Really, you know a lawsuit by some f*cked up parent whose twelve year old weighs 350 lbs and now has a bad ticker from eating junk food was just around the corner anyway.

Which is all anybody is really scared of in the first place. It's pretty pathetic what the threat of litigation is doing to this country. Lawyers are the devil, but everybody needs one.

Saulbadguy
04-11-2005, 07:29 AM
I bought a package of Oreos on Thursday and their gone as of 1am last night, those things are like crack. They sit in my cabnet calling me, taunting me...daring me to eat them.

Elmo goes first.

I once ate too many oreos. My shit turned black.

Bob Dole
04-11-2005, 07:35 AM

And that's quite a deviation from the usual pink color?

jAZ
04-11-2005, 07:35 AM
The premise of this thread seems to assume that

1) There is nothing in any way wrong with eating lots of (exclusively) cookies.
2) Sesame Street isn't allowed to consider the impact upon a childs behavior when scripting their show

Look, the entire point behind the creation of SS is to create a fun learning tool for Children. 20 years later we realize that one lesson we weren't effectively teaching our children was good eating habits. SS decided to do something about it.

WTF is wrong with that again?

Phobia
04-11-2005, 07:40 AM

The McDonalds commercial immediately following the show? :shrug:

I don't have a problem with SS legitimately trying to alter their content to better influence children, IF that's the catalyst in this case. More likely, it's response to pressure from some stupid politically correct group with an agenda and a lawyer. I realize lawyers are necessary and that there are some good ones - probably even on ChiefsPlanet. But, many of them are evil - like the ones who got to Sesame Street.

Dartgod
04-11-2005, 07:43 AM

2) Sesame Street isn't allowed to consider the impact upon a childs behavior when scripting their show

Look, the entire point behind the creation of SS is to create a fun learning tool for Children. 20 years later we realize that one lesson we weren't effectively teaching our children was good eating habits. SS decided to do something about it.

1) No one is advocating the mass consumption of cookies.

2) If Sesame Street is afraid that the Cookie Monster is going to negatively impact a childs life, or worse yet, be named in a frivolous lawsuit (because I believe that is what this is all about), then they should just eliminate the character altogether instead of "dumbing him down".

Otter
04-11-2005, 07:45 AM

To be honest, I had the same problem Saturday Night and this morning. Usually that only happens when I drink a red wine in excess.

I was tying to figure out what the hell was going on until I saw a thirty six slot Oreo container with only two cookies left in it last night. That's when I said "enough of this" and ate the last two cookies.

Otter
04-11-2005, 07:49 AM

If your kid is stupid enough to try to eat only cookies because some fuzzy sock with a hand up it's ass is doing it on Seseme Street then please, turn on the Bugs Bunny episode where they hit each other on the head with hammers and get it over with.

big nasty kcnut
04-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Cookie monster should get a missle launcher and blow Sesame Street up.

Dartgod
04-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Cookie monster should get a missle launcher and blow Sesame Street up.
Finally, a voice of reason.

It would be educational for the youngsters too.

Lesson 1: Don't f*ck with other people's food.

Otter
04-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Finally, a voice of reason.

It would be educational for the youngsters too.

Lesson 1: Don't f*ck with other people's food.

My idea of lopping bodies out the window every hour gets no merit?!?!

Dartgod
04-11-2005, 09:55 AM
My idea of lopping bodies out the window every hour gets no merit?!?!
Yeah, that's a good one too.

Sorry, your Oreos/black shit story distracted me.

Rain Man
04-11-2005, 09:55 AM
I'm eating a cookie right now because of this. Not of out protest, or anything, just... power of suggestion.

I was just thinking to myself the other day about how tasty glass shards are. Mmmmmmmm.

Otter
04-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Yeah, that's a good one too.

Sorry, your Oreos/black shit story distracted me.

Thank you. I have my dignity you know. :harumph:

:D

Bob Dole
04-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Bob Dole has been in therapy for decades due to his inability to locate that ACME company and buy all that cool shit Wile E. Coyote bought to stop that damned roadrunner.

The worthless ****ing canary that wouldn't talk didn't help, either.

jspchief
04-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Maybe someone should suggest to these parents that the reason their kids are fatasses is because they sit on their ass all day watching Sesame Street instead of going outside and playing and inadvertantly getting some actual exercise.

CosmicPal
04-11-2005, 10:15 AM
It won't stop there, some Christian mother will say the word "monster" is too synonymous with the devil.

They also shouldn't overlook the fact he lives in a trash can which is suggesting to kids that you can live in a trash can, eat cookies, and bang on the drums all day and be on a TV show.

Which is why Cosmic was watching fake green rubber monsters terrorize tabletop plastic cities with Japenese men moving lips to some poor English. I can have my cookies, and eat them too.

Phobia
04-11-2005, 10:17 AM
It won't stop there, some Christian mother will say the word "monster" is too synonymous with the devil.

They also shouldn't overlook the fact he lives in a trash can which is suggesting to kids that you can live in a trash can, eat cookies, and bang on the drums all day and be on a TV show.

Which is why Cosmic was watching fake green rubber monsters terrorize tabletop plastic cities with Japenese men moving lips to some poor English. I can have my cookies, and eat them too.

You're confused, Oscar.

Demonpenz
04-11-2005, 10:19 AM
You know whats stupid anyway? Is there is a sketch where cookie monster eats fruit too. This sketch was in in the 80's that should have been enough. I remember watching it thinking, i think cookie monster is telling me to eat a salad every once in a while

chiefs4me
04-11-2005, 10:25 AM
WTF?

Listening to the radio today, apparently parents think Cookie Monster is a bad influence on kids. In conjunction with this child obesity shit, Sesame Street has now turned cookie monster into a health nut. He now sings, "A cookie is a sometimes food" or "Me want cookies- in moderation."

This is ****ing bullshit. A cookie monster's diet depends on cookies. He's a monster. He'll steal, maim, rape, or kill anything and everything to get cookies. Now he's staying away from them?

I hate today's society. Only we could ruin something so badass like cookie monster.

What an ass.......cookie monster will not rape for cookies, nor kill nor steal......thank god you don't run SS.:rolleyes:

Dartgod
04-11-2005, 10:27 AM

If you would have been paying attention instead of scarfing down cookies, you would have noticed that Oscar the Grouch lives in the trash can, not Cookie Monster. :rolleyes:

chiefs4me
04-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Bob Dole has been in therapy for decades due to his inability to locate that ACME company and buy all that cool shit Wile E. Coyote bought to stop that damned roadrunner.

The worthless ****ing canary that wouldn't talk didn't help, either.

I found Wile's underground cavern.....it's at six flags here in Dallas. It's loaded with all his neat toys and gismos.....come on down and I'll take you to it......:thumb:

Oh yea.....tweety does talk...he says.....I thought I saw a puddy cat..ROFL

jspchief
04-11-2005, 10:28 AM
The problem is people letting television do their parenting for them. How hard is it to teach your child to eat healthy? For that matter, if they are young enough to take cues from cookie monster, they should be young enough that the parent is still controlling their cookie intake.

Rain Man
04-11-2005, 10:29 AM
What an ass.......cookie monster will not rape for cookies, nor kill nor steal......thank god you don't run SS.:rolleyes:

I'm guessing that you haven't read his unauthorized biography. The years where he was running around with Robert Downey and Charlie Sheen are jaw-dropping.

chiefs4me
04-11-2005, 10:31 AM
The problem is people letting television do their parenting for them. How hard is it to teach your child to eat healthy? For that matter, if they are young enough to take cues from cookie monster, they should be young enough that the parent is still controlling their cookie intake.

:rolleyes:........how many kids do you have? And what are the ages?

chiefs4me
04-11-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm guessing that you haven't read his unauthorized biography. The years where he was running around with Robert Downey and Charlie Sheen are jaw-dropping.

WOW......he found a couple of hotties to pal around with..:p

jspchief
04-11-2005, 10:35 AM
:rolleyes:........how many kids do you have? And what are the ages?
I have a 6 month old. And I can guarantee you that she won't have access to unlimited cookies when she's at an age where cookie monster is her mentor.

Sorry if I struck a chord. If you choose to rely on television to teach your children how to lead a healthy lifestyle, I feel sorry for your kids.

Iowanian
04-11-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm waiting for Oscar the Grouch to be medicated and treated for his depression, and come out of the can as a Transgendered Gremlin of Green fur'd descent.

I look forward to maria's "girls taste Cervix too" episode....and Gordon's Scat sing along.

chiefs4me
04-11-2005, 10:40 AM
I have a 6 month old. And I can guarantee you that she won't have access to unlimited cookies when she's at an age where cookie monster is her mentor.

Sorry if I struck a chord. If you choose to rely on television to teach your children how to lead a healthy lifestyle, I feel sorry for your kids.

No it's fine...nobody can strike a chord with me when it comes to my boys. Nobody eles's opinion matters to me concerning my sons. I just think that there are some great educational shows out there for kids.All my sons watched SS and Dragon Tales and Discovery channel and ect, ect, ect.

And guess what....they are fine young men, in school, jobs, respect for their elders......I don't know how I did it by your standards though because I let them watch tv and eat cookies.........ROFL

chiefs4me
04-11-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm waiting for Oscar the Grouch to be medicated and treated for his depression, and come out of the can as a Transgendered Gremlin of Green fur'd descent.

I look forward to maria's "girls taste Cervix too" episode....and Gordon's Scat sing along.

Now what's wrong with Gismo? :)

Dartgod
04-11-2005, 10:42 AM
No it's fine...nobody can strike a chord with me when it comes to my boys. Nobody eles's opinion matters to me concerning my sons. I just think that there are some great educational shows out there for kids.All my sons watched SS and Dragon Tales and Discovery channel and ect, ect, ect.

And guess what....they are fine young men, in school, jobs, respect for their elders......I don't know how I did it by your standards though because I let them watch tv and eat cookies.........ROFL
What the **** are you babbling about now?

big nasty kcnut
04-11-2005, 10:44 AM
When i was a kid i watch ss but my fav. food were apples and oranges. I only got fat cause i'd eat because i get mad and i hold it in. So parents should shut the fuk up and tell thier kids to play outside.

Baby Lee
04-11-2005, 10:45 AM
My sister was a cookie monster FREAK. Her first stuffed animal was Cookie Monster and she still has him to this day.
And because I was an ADHD terror as a kid, she was, by associate, relegated to all natural peanut butter and home canned low-sugar jelly on homemade wheat bread, and carrots, celery, apples, oranges, etc., for her snacks.

jspchief
04-11-2005, 10:49 AM

Errrm, okay. :shake: You are dense.

Where did I say it's bad to let your kids eat cookies and watch TV?

There's a difference between letting your child watch Sesame Street, and letting your kid watch so much TV that that's where they learn their eating habits.

There's a difference between letting your kid eat cookies, and giving your kid access to enough cookies that their Cookie Monster molded mind makes them obese.

If Cookie Monster is the reason a child is fat, then it's the parent that failed, not the creators of some puppet's personality.

Otter
04-11-2005, 10:49 AM
My sister was a cookie monster FREAK. Her first stuffed animal was Cookie Monster and she still has him to this day.
And because I was an ADHD terror as a kid, she was, by associate, relegated to all natural peanut butter and home canned low-sugar jelly on homemade wheat bread, and carrots, celery, apples, oranges, etc., for her snacks.

Is this going somewhere?

Baby Lee
04-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Is this going somewhere?
Just witnessing that kids can be way into cookie monster and still eat healthy if the parent is attentive.

Iowanian
04-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Sing along Kids...........

Me sink cheeeeer E OOOO
Plop. Plop. Plop.
Make a stiiinky
Watch it Drop

Aim for Target
Make Biiiig splash
Wa-ter Cold
When Splash mah a....

My beef with SS is they don't teach Proper Enlish. It pisses me of alot more that "Me want Cookie".....than the fact that a muppet is crumbling a cookie in the puppeteer's hand.

The difference dp4me, is that there is a difference in parenting that INCLUDES shows like sesame street, and those "parents" who give their kids a bag of Jelly beans and Plant them in front of the TV while they do whatever inactivity thier engaged in.

Loki
04-11-2005, 10:57 AM
If you would have been paying attention instead of scarfing down cookies, you would have noticed that Oscar the Grouch lives in the trash can, not Cookie Monster. :rolleyes:

just as long as he's not rooming with bert and ernie...

i always wondered about those two...

alanm
04-11-2005, 11:06 AM
If your kid is stupid enough to try to eat only cookies because some fuzzy sock with a hand up it's ass is doing it on Seseme Street then please, turn on the Bugs Bunny episode where they hit each other on the head with hammers and get it over with.
ROFL ROFL ROFL :thumb:

badgirl
04-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Maybe someone should suggest to these parents that the reason their kids are fatasses is because they sit on their ass all day watching Sesame Street instead of going outside and playing and inadvertantly getting some actual exercise.
nowadays its computers and video games more than tv i think, I used to run my kids off the computer and tell them to get outside, they would say there's nothing to do, I would tell them to find something to do.
Your right kids are overweight now because they so damn lazy, they too lazy to go outside and play.
I lived in a neighborhood where I didn't think there were any other children, till I watched the bus make its stops one day, there must have been 7 stops on my street!!!! Never saw any kids outside. :shake:

chiefs4me
04-11-2005, 11:30 AM
What the **** are you babbling about now?

Shut Up.....:harumph:

Bob Dole
04-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I found Wile's underground cavern.....it's at six flags here in Dallas. It's loaded with all his neat toys and gismos.....come on down and I'll take you to it......:thumb:

Are you propositioning Bob Dole?

chiefs4me
04-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Are you propositioning Bob Dole?

Why I think I am.......we can ride runaway mountain also...and let's not forget Mr Freeze.........:thumb: