PDA

View Full Version : Playing Chicken with a Train

Amnorix
04-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Some kids today are so beyond stupid I just can't begin to understand it. Here's a genius playing chicken with a train. He gets out of the way with about a half second to spare.

Although this clip is worksafe, the WEBSITE overall is NSFW.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/hitbytrain.html

Of course, if he hadn't gotten out of the way in time, there's definitely a good "Darwinism at work" argument to be made here.

Bowser
04-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Darwinism at its finest. He'll try a little harder next time, and get the job done right. Dipshit.

Archie Bunker
04-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Must have watched the Program and wants to keep his edge.

Seriously though pure ignorance. I believe the gene pool is getting far too diluted.

Jenson71
04-10-2005, 07:19 PM
You know, you really feel bad for the conductor guy. How scared and panicked must that guy have been? His screams probably matched the whistle of the train.

Bwana
04-10-2005, 07:19 PM
1/10 of a second more and the guy would have been rail pizza. What a dipshit. :shake:

KCWolfman
04-10-2005, 07:21 PM
I have never understood the concept of "chicken". Unless there is something substantial to be gained, why risk your neck on something so stupid?

alanm
04-10-2005, 07:24 PM
We have lots of trains go by here where I live. I actually lost a friend a few years ago who got hit by a train when he crossed a country crossing where there was no crossing guard. He was blinded by the morning sun and never saw it coming. His car was so mangled that his death was probably instantaneous-sp. People here are pretty educated about trains and don't tempt fate.

Jenson71
04-10-2005, 07:25 PM
I have never understood the concept of "chicken". Unless there is something substantial to be gained, why risk your neck on something so stupid?

Adrenaline rush.

Bwana
04-10-2005, 07:26 PM

Lack of air during birth, his mother had weak arms and he took one to many cranium knocks from being dropped? Who the hell knows. :shrug:

milkman
04-10-2005, 07:27 PM
We have lots of trains go by here where I live. I actually lost a friend a few years ago who got hit by a train when he crossed a country crossing where there was no crossing guard. He was blinded by the morning sun and never saw it coming. His car was so mangled that his death was probably instantaneous-sp. People here are pretty educated about trains and don't tempt fate.

So are you saying the kid here needs to educated about trains?

Trains are big, fast moving machines.
If you get hit by train, you're dead.

End of education.

KCWolfman
04-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Adrenaline rush.
I can ride a bike with no hands or jump from a tree - both give a rush usually without life ending injuries.

Amnorix
04-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Adrenaline rush.

The soiled underwear is just a bonus...

4th and Long
04-10-2005, 07:32 PM
I knew a guy that used to pull that crap. He'd get drunk, stand out on the tracks, and jump out of the way at the last second. What he failed to realize is that the more alcohol you drink, the slower your reflexes become. If memory serves, his teeth were scattered over several hundred feet and parts of his body were fiound a mile away.

Darkwolfe
04-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Betcha real money that engineer had to change his pants at the next stop.

Bwana
04-10-2005, 07:35 PM
I knew a guy that used to pull that crap. He'd get drunk, stand out on the tracks, and jump out of the way at the last second. What he failed to realize is that the more alcohol you drink, the slower your reflexes become. If memory serves, his teeth were scattered over several hundred feet and parts of his body were fiound a mile away.
Train...One

Guy with slow reaction time...ZERO

Game, Set, Match.

Jenson71
04-10-2005, 07:35 PM
If the guy was really cool, he'd try riding a bike with no hands towards the train and then swerving away at the last second. While blindfolded.

Until then, he's just a poser.

alanm
04-10-2005, 07:38 PM
So are you saying the kid here needs to educated about trains?

Trains are big, fast moving machines.
If you get hit by train, you're dead.

End of education.
Only takes one lesson. But then that's all you get. Period. :)

RedDread
04-10-2005, 08:42 PM
his biggest mistake was not jumping the opposite way he ran onto the tracks, either that or he needs to hit the weight room and get some more spring in his step.....

a clearcut case for 'roids if I ever heard it :p

badgirl
04-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Probably on some kind of drugs, I wouldn't imagine someone being that stupid without being on something. :shake:

Demonpenz
04-10-2005, 09:57 PM
the weight ratio of a car to a train is the same as a car to a pop can

Nzoner
04-10-2005, 09:58 PM
A buddy and I about got hit by a train while in my car during high school.Yes,we were stoned and no we were not playing chicken.Easily,one of the scariest moments of my life.

Demonpenz
04-10-2005, 10:01 PM
i bet denverchief could tell you a thing or two about "trains"

C-Mac
04-10-2005, 10:01 PM

Sometimes thats what it takes to get it thru their thick skull......

C-Mac
04-10-2005, 10:04 PM
You know looking closer at the video, frame by frame, I do think the train clipped his leg.
Idiot

badgirl
04-10-2005, 10:06 PM
My mom said when she was young her and a couple of her sisters where in the back of a pick up truck and it got hit by a train, I guess she is very lucky.

Rausch
04-10-2005, 10:18 PM
i bet denverchief could tell you a thing or two about "trains"

Feh...he looks like a tease ta' me...

Nzoner
04-10-2005, 10:20 PM
My mom said when she was young her and a couple of her sisters where in the back of a pick up truck and it got hit by a train, I guess she is very lucky.

Did it make it in The National Enquirer?

badgirl
04-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Did it make it in The National Enquirer?
well shes 62 now, she was a small girl when it happened so they probably didn't have the Enquirer back then.

Rausch
04-10-2005, 10:24 PM

Or you could think that YOU'RE very lucky... ;)

badgirl
04-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Or you could think that YOU'RE very lucky... ;)
You wasn't raised by my mother or you probably wouldn't say that :shake:

dtebbe
04-10-2005, 11:00 PM
That has to be in France. That has to be THE GAYEST train horn I have ever heard. And I guarantee the cab smells like Fritos.

DT