PDA

View Full Version : I said it a month ago and now it's starting to catch on...

htismaqe
04-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Sammy Knight could end up being the biggest FA acquisition this offseason.

Apparently his reputation is spreading from teammates to fans and now to the media. Everybody is saying that this guy is a born leader, that his attitude is infectious and that he refuses to lose.

No, he's not the physical talent that a Bell is, or a Surtain. But he brings something to this defense that we haven't had in a while - DETERMINATION.

Phobia
04-11-2005, 07:21 AM
It's a good thing you said it or we'd have really been screwed.

ROYC75
04-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Kool, so far we are undefeated, his presence is being seen.

Duck Dog
04-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Sammy Knight could end up being the biggest FA acquisition this offseason.

Apparently his reputation is spreading from teammates to fans and now to the media. Everybody is saying that this guy is a born leader, that his attitude is infectious and that he refuses to lose.

No, he's not the physical talent that a Bell is, or a Surtain. But he brings something to this defense that we haven't had in a while - DETERMINATION.

And a knack for taking away the pigskin.

Otter
04-11-2005, 07:25 AM
I'll need a young priest and old priest!!! Taco has taken over hits soul.

Skip Towne
04-11-2005, 07:25 AM
I think I remember you saying that.

Baby Lee
04-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Everybody is saying that this guy is a born leader
Do I even have to say it? ;)

Juss funnin witcha ruffie.

htismaqe
04-11-2005, 08:17 AM
It's a good thing you said it or we'd have really been screwed.

Take all the shots you want, Phildo.

I took way too much grief about being excited about acquiring a safety to remain quiet now.

:D

the Talking Can
04-11-2005, 08:19 AM
who is saying it?

Phobia
04-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Take all the shots you want, Phildo.

I took way too much grief about being excited about acquiring a safety to remain quiet now.

:D

Yeah - I've been asking for a leader on the team for at least 2 years. The notion that Eric Hicks was our defensive leader has been eating at me for a long time.

shaneo69
04-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Parker is a genious.

htismaqe
04-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Do I even have to say it? ;)

Juss funnin witcha ruffie.

Knight has had the opportunity to display leadership in the past. No reason he can't continue to do so.

:p

htismaqe
04-11-2005, 08:27 AM
who is saying it?

Well, it started with a Lawrence Tynes interview last Thursday on 610. He went on and on about how Knight's presence is already being felt.

610 just kinda picked it up and this morning they took several calls from people who had now met him (limo/cab drivers, etc.) that said that the guy is really genuine.

petegz28
04-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Yeah - I've been asking for a leader on the team for at least 2 years. The notion that Eric Hicks was our defensive leader has been eating at me for a long time.

AMEN!!! We haven't had a leader since Hasty retired. I mean a grab you by the facemask on the field leader.

morphius
04-11-2005, 09:01 AM
I think that has been eating at a lot of us. Nothing worse then your team leader on Defense, not be knowing for sacks, tackles, hitting hard, or being a playmker of any sort, but known for practicing hard. Well unless you want to count those all important QB pressures that take so long that the QB always completes the pass...

the Talking Can
04-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Eric Hicks should have to wear a dunce helmet when he plays.

HemiEd
04-11-2005, 09:08 AM
I am excited! :thumb:

Bob Dole
04-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Well, it started with a Lawrence Tynes interview last Thursday on 610. He went on and on about how Knight's presence is already being felt.

You realize you're basing this on the words of a kicker, right?

The REAL proof:

What are the cheerleaders saying?

ChiefsCountry
04-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Eric Hicks should have to wear a dunce helmet when he plays.

Cut and playing for Arizona would be better.

htismaqe
04-11-2005, 09:18 AM
I think that has been eating at a lot of us. Nothing worse then your team leader on Defense, not be knowing for sacks, tackles, hitting hard, or being a playmker of any sort, but known for practicing hard. Well unless you want to count those all important QB pressures that take so long that the QB always completes the pass...

Vermeil went out of his way to mention Eric Hicks' involvement in Greater Kansas City day on 610 this morning...

:rolleyes:

Bob Dole
04-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Vermeil went out of his way to mention Eric Hicks' involvement in Greater Kansas City day on 610 this morning...

Did he mention Rich Scanlon and his homeless shelter in Berlin?

Chiefnj
04-11-2005, 09:30 AM
What's the word on Fuji and his surgery last week?

Bob Dole
04-11-2005, 09:32 AM

The film was bad.

morphius
04-11-2005, 09:35 AM

Yup, it just amazes me how they fall all over this guy, heck, even Whitlock does. I just don't get it. I know it is one of those, he works hard, does good things in the community and must be a real nice guy to hang out with, but there is this thing that you are getting paid to do, and if your not getting it done...

From the sounds of it he is better suited for coaching.

KCTitus
04-11-2005, 09:46 AM
That's good...that defense has been sans a leader since DT died. Barber was supposed to come in and be a leader and I guess that didnt take.

That defense need someone to generate a fire.

NJ Chief Fan
04-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Kool, so far we are undefeated, his presence is being seen.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

htismaqe
04-11-2005, 11:10 AM

They didn't mention it.

The talked about Law and Surtain for just a bit, and then talked about Knight's leadership abilities.

Vermeil was only on for about 10 minutes and they spent most of the time talking about the GKCD fundraising efforts...