PDA

View Full Version : Francis Ford Coppola upset over Godfather video game

Hammock Parties
04-11-2005, 09:54 PM
http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2005-04-08/

Francis Ford Coppola is up in arms over Paramount's decision to produce (with videogame makers Electronic Arts) a videogame based on his The Godfather movies. In a taped interview due to air on AMC's Sunday Morning ShootOut this Sunday, Coppola said that the studio had never mentioned its plans to release a Godfather videogame. "I knew nothing about it. They never asked me if I thought it was a good idea," Coppola said. Calling Coppola's movie, "one of history's most revered masterpieces," Electronic Arts says on it website that the game, due to be released in the fall, "serves as inspiration for the game as gamers will join the Corleone family and earn respect through loyalty and fear." Coppola says that he was able to get a preview of the game. "They use the characters everyone knows ... and then for the next hour they shoot and kill each other. I had absolutely nothing to do with the game and I disapprove."

Frazod
04-11-2005, 09:57 PM
http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2005-04-08/

Francis Ford Coppola is up in arms over Paramount's decision to produce (with videogame makers Electronic Arts) a videogame based on his The Godfather movies. In a taped interview due to air on AMC's Sunday Morning ShootOut this Sunday, Coppola said that the studio had never mentioned its plans to release a Godfather videogame. "I knew nothing about it. They never asked me if I thought it was a good idea," Coppola said. Calling Coppola's movie, "one of history's most revered masterpieces," Electronic Arts says on it website that the game, due to be released in the fall, "serves as inspiration for the game as gamers will join the Corleone family and earn respect through loyalty and fear." Coppola says that he was able to get a preview of the game. "They use the characters everyone knows ... and then for the next hour they shoot and kill each other. I had absolutely nothing to do with the game and I disapprove."

I dissapprove of him using his hack daughter in a key role in the third movie, thereby all but ruining it.

Like me, he can get over it. nlm

Hammock Parties
04-11-2005, 09:58 PM
I dissapprove of him using his hack daughter in a key role in the third movie, thereby all but ruining it.

Like me, he can get over it. nlm

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Spicy McHaggis
04-11-2005, 09:58 PM
The Godfather is a cinematic masterpiece IMO. I can't see how a video game can come close to being as good as the film was. Leave it alone.

Hammock Parties
04-11-2005, 10:00 PM
The Godfather is a cinematic masterpiece IMO. I can't see how a video game can come close to being as good as the film was. Leave it alone.

It's not like a video game is going to tarnish the film in any way. Are they forcing Coppola to play it?

Of course, if Coppola didn't want a video game being made, perhaps he should have had the foresight to secure the rights to his films like other directors. :D

Ninjaman
04-11-2005, 10:24 PM
That hack daughter is still annoying people by directing bad movies since acting didn't work out.

Funny how she materialized with a few mill to produce her movies. Yeah , her last name had nothing to do with it.

Hammock Parties
04-11-2005, 10:28 PM
That hack daughter is still annoying people by directing bad movies since acting didn't work out.

Funny how she materialized with a few mill to produce her movies. Yeah , her last name had nothing to do with it.

Did you know Nick Cage is Francis nephew? His real name is Nicholas Coppola.

elvomito
04-11-2005, 11:05 PM
isn't puzo the owner anyway?

Frazod
04-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Puzo's dead, so I doubt if he gives a shit.

I'm also sure that James Caan and Robert Duvall don't have a problem with it, since they both reprised their characters for the game.

Archie Bunker
04-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Puzo's dead, so I doubt if he gives a shit.

I'm also sure that James Caan and Robert Duvall don't have a problem with it, since they both reprised their characters for the game.

I am excited to get Duvall on a video game. That is all I have to say. :)

KCChiefsMan
04-11-2005, 11:20 PM
They are also coming out with a Scarface video game. I don't expect much from either one, but if they get great ratings I will not hesitate to buy one of them

elvomito
04-11-2005, 11:23 PM
might as well make games of GTA's main inspiration

Taco John
04-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Screw all this. Has anyone seen the previews to the Episode III videogame?

http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/indexFlash.html

Hammock Parties
04-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Screw all this. Has anyone seen the previews to the Episode III videogame?

http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/indexFlash.html

PBJ

I'm listening to the Episode III soundtrack right now.

Nightfyre
04-11-2005, 11:30 PM
PBJ

**** john williams, that is all.

Hammock Parties
04-11-2005, 11:36 PM
**** john williams, that is all.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm on the last track and I'm not real impressed. He's done a fine job of ripping his previous work off again, mostly.

Taco John
04-11-2005, 11:41 PM
PBJ

Wow. I suck at being a geek... :huh:

tk13
04-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm drinking a tall refreshing glass of H2O compliments of my brand new Episode III water softener! Thanks George Lucas, because of you, I can truly enjoy the gift of pure water!

Nightfyre
04-11-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm inclined to agree. I'm on the last track and I'm not real impressed. He's done a fine job of ripping his previous work off again, mostly.
And other peoples work.... dont forget that very important detail. I swear there is not an ounce of creativity in the man.

Hammock Parties
04-12-2005, 12:05 AM
And other peoples work.... dont forget that very important detail. I swear there is not an ounce of creativity in the man.

I don't mind him ripping off Holst. I'd rather listen to Williams ripping off Holst than Holst himself.

I don't know what happened but somewhere in the mid 90s the quality and originality of his work took a dive. I prefer his earlier work by a huge margin.

Hammock Parties
04-12-2005, 12:06 AM

Just peruse torrentspy.com and you'll find what you seek...

Demonpenz
04-12-2005, 12:11 AM
they should make an apocolypse now video game

Taco John
04-12-2005, 12:25 AM
What a dumbass! What kind of idiot butts into a discussion of the finer points of Star Wars music composition with a lame joke about Puzo?

:rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
04-12-2005, 12:26 AM
What a dumbass! What kind of idiot butts into a discussion of the finer points of Star Wars music composition with a lame joke about Puzo?

:rolleyes:

ROFL

Taco John
04-12-2005, 12:28 AM
ROFL!

Endelt getting sensitive these days... ;)

Pants
04-12-2005, 12:32 AM
Copola = dumbass. Instead of finding a way to get some money from the game, he decides to be a stuck up bitch.

KCChiefsMan
04-12-2005, 01:59 AM
they should make an apocolypse now video game

that could be pulled off! you'd have to surf to places without getting shot! "Charlie don't surf! when I say its safe to surf, its safe to surf damnit!" Duvall's best performance EVER!!!

Fire Me Boy!
04-12-2005, 07:25 AM

Funny how she materialized with a few mill to produce her movies. Yeah, her last name had nothing to do with it.
You're a crack head... both The Virgin Suicides and Lost in Translation are outstanding films. The girl can't act, but she CERTAINLY knows how to direct. She obviously learned a few things while hanging out on the set with her daddy.

Bowser
04-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Coppola should be happy that his nephew gave us the immortal Raising Arizona.

Ultra Peanut
04-12-2005, 12:15 PM
It's not like a video game is going to tarnish the film in any way. Are they forcing Coppola to play it?

Of course, if Coppola didn't want a video game being made, perhaps he should have had the foresight to secure the rights to his films like other directors. :D<--- "I knew I shouldn't have given up animation rights..."

Ultra Peanut
04-12-2005, 12:17 PM
That hack daughter is still annoying people by directing bad movies since acting didn't work out.Jenson is going to murder you with a hacksaw.

And he'll be totally justified in doing so.