PDA

View Full Version : teicher on 610(fujita)

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 03:05 PM
says some people around arrowhead think that fujita might miss 3/4 games at the begining of the season because of ankle injury.

for what it's worth :shrug:

Chiefnj
04-12-2005, 03:22 PM
says some people around arrowhead think that fujita might miss 3/4 games at the begining of the season because of ankle injury.

for what it's worth :shrug:

Didn't he just write an article this morning saying Fuji was fine?

Coogs
04-12-2005, 03:24 PM

Yep. It's about 5 or 6 threads below this one right now.

jcroft
04-12-2005, 03:28 PM

I don't think so -- if I read that correctly he printed a quote from Dick Vermeil saying that Fujita would be fine.

Coogs
04-12-2005, 03:30 PM
I don't think so -- if I read that correctly he printed a quote from Dick Vermeil saying that Fujita would be fine.

Details.

I knew what you meant nj.

jcroft
04-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Details.

I knew what you meant nj.

Wasn't trying to be pedantic -- but there's a big difference between reporting that someone is healthy and reporting that the coach thinks he'll be fine.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Wasn't trying to be pedantic -- but there's a big difference between reporting that someone is healthy and reporting that the coach thinks he'll be fine.
there is also a big different between having the coach SAY the fujita will be fine AND having the coach actually think the fujita will be fine.

vermeil is a known PR machine (aka liar in my book)

Coogs
04-12-2005, 03:37 PM

Wouldn't he be reporting in both cases?

Chiefnj
04-12-2005, 03:38 PM

Teicher's headline was "Fujita Fine", then there was a sentence or two about Vermeil being happy with the results.

For him to now go on the radio and say "people inside Arrowhead" are saying he's going to miss some games is, in my opinion, contrary to what was reported in his column earlier in the day. Being "fine" doesn't equate to missing up to 25% of the season.

The reporter on 610 should have followed up.

nascher
04-12-2005, 03:39 PM
With an Ankle Injury Miss 3-4 Games ???

5 Month to Recover. Maybe Teicher is the liar.

jcroft
04-12-2005, 03:40 PM
there is also a big different between having the coach SAY the fujita will be fine AND having the coach actually think the fujita will be fine.

vermeil is a known PR machine (aka liar in my book)

Exactly. If Adam had reported that Fujita will be healthy by the start of the season and then said on the radio he's heard some people think otherwise, that would be an odd contradiction. But quoting Vermeil as saying, "he'll be fine," and then reporting on the radio that some people inside Arrowhead don't think so is not a contradiction at all.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Teicher's headline was "Fujita Fine", then there was a sentence or two about Vermeil being happy with the results.

For him to now go on the radio and say "people inside Arrowhead" are saying he's going to miss some games is, in my opinion, contrary to what was reported in his column earlier in the day. Being "fine" doesn't equate to missing up to 25% of the season.

once again... the article just reported what vermeil said

on the radio he is quoting more of a "rumor mill" situation

the two are really contradictory ... the only contradiction is whether Vermeil is telling the truth or spinning.

i agree the 610 guy should follow up though

jcroft
04-12-2005, 03:42 PM

I didn't see the headline, so I'm not sure what that was about. Sounds like a bad headline, since he had no report on Fujita's heath other than a short quote from Vermeil. Remember that reporters almost never write headlines.

I still don't really see this as contrary. First, it's possible he wrote that article last night and heard otherwise today. Second, it's quite possible (likely, i'd say) that Vermeil is in fact saying publicly that Fujita will be fine while others will say off-the-record that they don't think so.

You're right, someone on 610 should have followed up. I'll agree with you on that one. :)

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 03:42 PM
• FUJITA FINE: Coach Dick Vermeil said the Chiefs were pleased with the recent arthroscopic surgery on Fujita's ankle.

“They just cleaned the ankle out,” Vermeil said. “He had some soft tissue problem in there and floating particles. He'll be fine.”

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/11369564.htm

Chiefnj
04-12-2005, 03:43 PM
once again... the article just reported what vermeil said

on the radio he is quoting more of a "rumor mill" situation

the two are really contradictory ... the only contradiction is whether Vermeil is telling the truth or spinning.

i agree the 610 guy should follow up though

The article section didn't say "Vermeil Says Fujita Fine" it said "Fujita Fine".

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
The article section didn't say "Vermeil Says Fujita Fine" it said "Fujita Fine".

i know ... the real title isn't even Fujita fine

it's Chiefs entertain options

Tk just included that part in his thread title....

fujita fine is just subtitled blurb

jcroft
04-12-2005, 03:45 PM

And right after it says that in the subhead, it cites Dick Vermeil as the source, and even has a quote. Clearly this mini-report is based on what Vermeil said, not what Adam learned through any sort of investigative reporting.

DeepSouth
04-12-2005, 03:46 PM

pe·dan·tic (p-dntk) KEY

ADJECTIVE:

Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules: a pedantic attention to details.

jcroft
04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
pe·dan·tic (p-dntk) KEY

ADJECTIVE:

Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules: a pedantic attention to details.

Uh-huh. Your point is?

That's exactly what I meant to say. I was, in fact, noting the details, but I wasn't trying to be ostentatious or pretentious about it (hence the word, pedantic).

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 03:49 PM
teicher also just said the scouting dept all the same ... the method of drafting and scouting all the same in his opinion.

DeepSouth
04-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Uh-huh. Your point is?

No point. Didn't know what it meant. Figured I'm not the only illiterate one on the planet so thought I'd help out.

jcroft
04-12-2005, 03:50 PM
No point. Didn't know what it meant. Figured I'm not the only illiterate one on the planet so thought I'd help out.

Oh, okay then. :)

In my context, I meant that while I was pointing out the details, I was doing so in an effort to analyze the article, not to demean the person who posted before me.

DeepSouth
04-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Oh, okay then. :)

In my context, I meant that while I was pointing out the details, I was doing so in an effort to analyze the article, not to demean the person who posted before me.
There was no intent to question your use of the word. Not often I have to look up words used by Planet members.

jcroft
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
There was no intent to question your use of the word. Not often I have to look up words used by Planet members.

Fair enough! :D

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 04:00 PM
well... i'd like to thank jcoft and deepsouth for turning this legit football thread into inane dogchit.

Main Entry: 1 inane
Pronunciation: i-'nAn
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): inan·er; -est
Etymology: Latin inanis
1 : EMPTY, INSUBSTANTIAL
2 : lacking significance, meaning, or point : SILLY
synonym see INSIPID
- inane·ly adverb
- inane·ness /-'nAn-n&s/ noun

DeepSouth
04-12-2005, 04:05 PM
well... i'd like to thank jcoft and deepsouth for turning this legit football thread into inane dogchit.

Main Entry: 1 inane
Pronunciation: i-'nAn
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): inan·er; -est
Etymology: Latin inanis
1 : EMPTY, INSUBSTANTIAL
2 : lacking significance, meaning, or point : SILLY
synonym see INSIPID
- inane·ly adverb
- inane·ness /-'nAn-n&s/ noun

You're welcome.

kcfanintitanhell
04-12-2005, 04:14 PM
I think the operative word in DV's quote is "he'll"-being that "he will be fine" sometime in the future. Not saying exactly "when" he will be fine.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 04:18 PM
You're welcome.

:cuss: :cuss:

ROFL

the Talking Can
04-12-2005, 04:23 PM
anyone know why Fuj waited so long to have surgery?

we now have 2 healthy LB's on our roster: Bell and Mitchell....oh yeah, and some guy named Fox...****ing pathetic

jcroft
04-12-2005, 05:04 PM
anyone know why Fuj waited so long to have surgery?

we now have 2 healthy LB's on our roster: Bell and Mitchell....oh yeah, and some guy named Fox...****ing pathetic

I'm speculating, but my guess is that he figured he wouldn't do well in free agency if he was just coming off surgery...

Logical
04-12-2005, 05:07 PM

vermeil is a known PR machine (aka liar in my book)No shit, my biggest problem with DV other than his protection of baggage that should be thrown away is his lying.

LiL stumppy
04-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Im sure he will be fine.

nascher
04-12-2005, 05:33 PM
some people around arrowhead think that Vermeil might miss 3/4 Games :)

ROYC75
04-12-2005, 05:43 PM
I know one thing, if we keep dropping LB's, Scanlon isn't going to have anybody to compete against in camp. ROFL :rolleyes:

Tribal Warfare
04-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Derrick Johnson tradeup sounds good now :D :thumb: