PDA

View Full Version : At least the Chiefs avoid problems like this

Chiefnj
04-13-2005, 08:18 AM
By not drafting impact players the Chiefs at least avoid having players try to renegotiate out of their rookie contracts (From the Washington Post):

"But Gibbs said safety Sean Taylor, who also has skipped the workouts while seeking to renegotiate the contract he signed as a rookie last summer, has not returned the coach's telephone calls. Gibbs said that, unlike Moss, he has no indication whether Taylor is on any sort of regimen."

Bowser
04-13-2005, 08:43 AM
Lookee there! Another Miami Hurricane that lived up to his potential of being a prick! Whodathunk?

Phobia
04-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Lookee there! Another Miami Hurricane that lived up to his potential of being a prick! Whodathunk?

It's not him, it's the prick agent/lawyers. As much as I dislike Florida schools and would like to pin it on the player, this is an agent problem.

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 08:47 AM
It's not him, it's the prick agent/lawyers. As much as I dislike Florida schools and would like to pin it on the player, this is an agent problem.

Yup. I wonder if Prickenhaus or the Poston pricks are his agent(s).

Iowanian
04-13-2005, 08:48 AM
You just can't help but root for such a dedicated guy with so much interest in the Team concept.

AirForceChief
04-13-2005, 08:48 AM

Yeah, because grown men never make decisions on their own... :shake:

Lzen
04-13-2005, 08:49 AM
All the more reason for the NFL to adopt a rookie salary structure like the NBA. Too bad the players association would block something like this.

CoMoChief
04-13-2005, 08:49 AM
A lot of those Miami players get the same agent, I believe its Roesehuls (spelling?). I bet every owner, CEO, president, you name it, hates this guy because he tries to get top dollar for every player.

BigChiefFan
04-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Great player, selfish-prick as well.

Stinger
04-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Sorry Phob but I call :BS:on this. The agent works for him, he chooses whether or not to follow the advise of the agent. If he chooses to follow the contract he has is hand or chooses to hold out like he is now. It is HIS choice not the agents.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 08:58 AM
That team is having issues and I imagine Gibbs is thinking ... "was I drunk when I agreed to return?"

Arrington is mouthing off... Portis is in court for supposedly "not paying" the guy for his uniform number... they bring in Moss and he's working on his own... Taylor is asking for a new deal...

Fun stuff.

KCTitus
04-13-2005, 08:59 AM
They've got an owner that cares about winning!

Rain Man
04-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Didn't he have legal problems right before the season last year, too?

I feel kind of sorry for these guys who aren't bright enough to act in their long-term best interest, and who are apparently surrounded by similarly dumb advisors. Sean, just put your helmet on and play football, you idiot.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 09:00 AM
That team is having issues and I imagine Gibbs is thinking ... "was I drunk when I agreed to return?"

Arrington is mouthing off... Portis is in court for supposedly "not paying" the guy for his uniform number... they bring in Moss and he's working on his own... Taylor is asking for a new deal...

Fun stuff.

Moss wants a new contract, too.

And Rosenhaus is the agent for both Moss and Sean Taylor, both ex-hurricanes. Coincidence?

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Deadskin fans are in a low buzz frenzy right now. They sincerely believe that Gibbs can bring this team together but they're like a disfunctional family and nobody likes the old man. I'm going to be loving it when Foreskin fans start going into their annual dither in August when they begin realizing the mustard is off the hot dog and it's another long year of mediocrity...(Raider fans have the same to look forward to...)

Chiefnj
04-13-2005, 09:29 AM
It's kind of funny because I think Gibbs persuaded Snyder not to take Winslow last year because, in part, the Poston's were his agent and were making ridiculous overtures about what their client was worth. Instead they went with Taylor, who I don't believe they had a problem signing, but now the kid wants more money. He was a top 10 pick anyway and received one hell of a signing bonus. He's not hurting for cash.

If anyone has a right to hold out this year it would be Jared Allen who is close to being in the bottom 5 of the Chiefs salary hierarchy.

jspchief
04-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Rosenhaus is his agent. He's also Owens' agent, who wants a new deal one year after signing a contract too. He was Portis' agent when he wanted a new deal after two years of his contract.

Drew Rosenhaus is the agent of about 6 guys that are holding out right now. I don't remember the names, but they listed them on the radio yesterday.

I don't know why the owners don't just blacklist that piece of sh*t. That would be top of the list at the owners meeting if I was an NFL owner.