PDA

View Full Version : Chiefplanet game?

whoman69
04-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Which game would everyone prefer for our annual get-together? Normally we try to place it early in October for prime weather, which would mean either Philly or Washington. But the Raiders are still early enough that it could be warm yet or at least not freezing. Poll to follow.

Saulbadguy
04-13-2005, 02:15 PM
I vote Washington. I've got to give my Philly ticket to a friend of the family, who is from Philly. I suppose it would be ok if I could score a ticket to the game somehow.

ptlyon
04-13-2005, 02:23 PM
@ MIA

Make those fishheads spin.

Slayer Diablo
04-13-2005, 02:50 PM
I would have to say screw the weather and meet at the Chiefs-Donx game on Dec 4...but I guess we should probably go with the traditional criteria and meet at either the Washington or Oakland game.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-13-2005, 02:59 PM
I voted Washington because we might win that one but I probably won't be there anyway..... so who cares what I think.

Warrior5
04-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Donx hands down. We can warm up before the game burning effigies of Eeyore and Shannarat.

whoman69
04-13-2005, 05:22 PM
I would really love to see the Raiders, but I can't really say that I would be there for sure with my current situation.

Otter
04-13-2005, 05:26 PM
With about 90% certainty I'll be out for the New England game.

Not sure if that will help or hinder the votes in that area.

HemiEd
04-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Redskins? I would have never guessed that one. I would love to come down for Raider week. I still hate them like it was the old AFL and early AFC days. :cuss: Back when the Donks were the doormat, not even a factor: ROFL

Saulbadguy
04-13-2005, 05:50 PM
With about 90% certainty I'll be out for the New England game.

Not sure if that will help or hinder the votes in that area.
Certainly helps. :p

papasmurf
04-13-2005, 06:08 PM
I voted Washington but doesn't really matter. I have season tickets for the first time.:p

Logical
04-13-2005, 06:38 PM
I voted Washington because even if we don't get Surtain I think we have a 50/50 chance at a win.

Frazod
04-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Either New York or Washington works for me. I really don't want to drive 500 miles to see them get crushed by the Eagles.

JazzzLovr
04-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Either New York or Washington works for me. I really don't want to drive 500 miles to see them get crushed by the Eagles.

But at least you'd be driving an '05 Mustang... ;)

Nzoner
04-13-2005, 07:58 PM
I voted Washington if the planet decides to have another 37 Forever party at the gameroom and how my work deadlines fall.

If everyone decides not to have the party here on Saturday then any of the games work.

Frazod
04-13-2005, 08:00 PM
But at least you'd be driving an '05 Mustang... ;)

True.... :D

Frazod
04-13-2005, 08:01 PM
I voted Washington if the planet decides to have another 37 Forever party at the gameroom and how my work deadlines fall.

If everyone decides not to have the party here on Saturday then any of the games work.

I'd say your vote counts more than most. :thumb:

Saulbadguy
04-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Sweet. I'll get my decals ready.

Phobia
04-13-2005, 08:02 PM

I think Washington is a good choice - especially since it works for you.

I was planning to post an "official" poll tonight since we were only actually considering the first 4 games, but since Washington has such an overwhelming lead and because Chiefs Coalition appears to have selected the Philly game, I think Washington's what we'll go with.

Here's the tentative plan for 2005 37 Forever Weekend:

Friday Evening Banquet - it's going to be at a venue with a new experience for 37 Forever. I think almost everybody will enjoy it. At least, everybody who enjoys partaking of a healthy adult libation.

Saturday - Fundraising Day at Joe's. An all day and evening event full of fun, entertainment, and more beer.

Sunday - tailgating and game

Frazod
04-13-2005, 08:04 PM

I was planning to post an "official" poll tonight since we were only actually considering the first 4 games, but since Washington has such an overwhelming lead, I think that's what we'll go with.

Friday Evening Banquet - it's going to be at a venue with a new experience for 37 Forever. I think almost everybody will enjoy it. At least, everybody who enjoys partaking of a healthy adult libation.

Saturday - Fundraising Day at Joe's. An all day and evening event full of fun, entertainment, and more beer.

Friday works much better than Monday. :thumb:

Frazod
04-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Sweet. I'll get my decals ready.

I'll get my Glock ready. :#

Saulbadguy
04-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Friday works much better than Monday. :thumb:
Yep. If this all works out as planned, this would be perfect. For me, at least. No KSU game on saturday. Nowhere to be that friday night.

whoman69
04-13-2005, 08:38 PM

I was planning to post an "official" poll tonight since we were only actually considering the first 4 games, but since Washington has such an overwhelming lead and because Chiefs Coalition appears to have selected the Philly game, I think Washington's what we'll go with.

Just don't tell Prez.

Nzoner
04-13-2005, 09:02 PM
I'd say your vote counts more than most. :thumb:

Hopefully we'll have a new KC @ Dungver Monday night game to enjoy.

Frazod
04-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Hopefully we'll have a new KC @ Dungver Monday night game to enjoy.

That would be nice. Of course, I still won't mind watching the old one. :D

Nzoner
04-13-2005, 09:11 PM

As long as the rest of the planet is okay with it.

I like the idea of the Friday banquet as well,however,we may have to change the menu for the Saturday party as there was a fair amount of Friday work that went into it and not to sound selfish but I'd really hate to miss the banquet.

Frazod
04-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Phil can cook up those amazing ribs he was bragging about. I guess he'll need lots of them. :D

Phobia
04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I like the idea of the Friday banquet as well,however,we may have to change the menu for the Saturday party as there was a fair amount of Friday work that went into it and not to sound selfish but I'd really hate to miss the banquet.

I think the Friday menu will be ribs/brisket - we can either prepare extra for Saturday or do something different then.

Plenty of time to figure all that out.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Phil can cook up those amazing ribs he was bragging about. I guess he'll need lots of them. :D

Plenty of time for him to get the recipe just right, as well!

;)

Phobia
04-13-2005, 09:55 PM

Those amazing ribs are $12 for a tiny rack - raw. I don't think anybody is gonna want to afford them.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I like the idea of a Friday night banquet, as well. I was not able to make the banquet last year, and look forward to the opportunity to get there this year.

Nzoner
04-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I think the Friday menu will be ribs/brisket - we can either prepare extra for Saturday or do something different then.

Plenty of time to figure all that out.

Sounds great,in the meantime I'll take a look at my restaurant clients and see if anything special comes to mind.

|Zach|
04-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Cool deal, it looks like I will finally be able to get to my first banquet. I am excited.

Nzoner
04-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Since we're on the topic of parties,if you read this post and have any interest in a once a month planet gathering in the gameroom for an away Chiefs game please give me a head's up as it's something I'd like to try for the upcoming season.

Saulbadguy
04-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Cool deal, it looks like I will finally be able to get to my first banquet. I am excited.
Well if you go, that means I can't go. :shake:

|Zach|
04-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Well if you go, that means I can't go. :shake:
That would mess everything up. ROFL

joes screen door
04-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Since we're on the topic of parties,if you read this post and have any interest in a once a month planet gathering in the gameroom for an away Chiefs game please give me a head's up as it's something I'd like to try for the upcoming season.

Hopefully the idiots you invite over OPEN ME before going out on the deck this year!

Rausch
04-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Raiders week, no doubt...

dirk digler
04-14-2005, 07:15 AM
I am definitely going to the banquet this year. I can't wait to me all you fools...errr I mean cool guys and gals.

Nzoner
04-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Hopefully the idiots you invite over OPEN ME before going out on the deck this year!

I see you've been talking to the E

Edubs
04-14-2005, 10:01 AM
How many people usually make it out for the Planet get together?

StcChief
04-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Philly. want to see the Eagles.

Wash - for a likely Victory though.

BigRedChief
04-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to miss any games this year. The first year in my new lower bowl seats. :thumb:

Phobia
04-14-2005, 01:33 PM
How many people usually make it out for the Planet get together?

50ish. I think we had more than that out at Joe's.

I also think we'll get closer to 100 this year.