PDA

View Full Version : A new mock updated yesterday

DTLB58
04-13-2005, 06:59 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/mockdraft.php?round=1&year=2005

They are still predicting Derrick Johnson falls to us :hmmm: They say some are certain he will be there at #15 :shake:

I love the thought but I still don't think it will happen.

milkman
04-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Love that last line:

If Johnson does make it this far, and the Chiefs don't add him, expect mayhem in Kansas City. ROFL

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Now that would rule :thumb:

Rain Man
04-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Based on the extensive reading I've done on the subject (okay, checking out the occasional post here on ChiefsPlanet), this seems like an astronomically low likelihood. I know that he's got Greg Robinson cooties, but I still don't see him dropping that far.

whoman69
04-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Love that last line:

ROFL
They'd have to rebuild Arrowhead after we burn it down. Plus I'll put in a claim on my TV and computer after I trash them.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Geez - Mark Clayton to the Pats... I'd hate that.

Spicy McHaggis
04-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Geez - Mark Clayton to the Pats... I'd hate that.

Why? You've got Champ to stop him. ROFL

I actually agree, it seems that despite drafting 32nd every year the rich get richer.

Dunit35
04-13-2005, 10:17 PM
17 Luis Castillo DT NWestern One of the fastest rising names in the draft. A month ago teams told me they were sure they’d get this underrated player in the mid second round, now the Bengals might be lucky if he is still available. Worked out very well, but also the most consistent among top DTs

going to Bengals.....I doubt that now....roid user

Spicy McHaggis
04-13-2005, 10:23 PM
17 Luis Castillo DT NWestern One of the fastest rising names in the draft. A month ago teams told me they were sure they’d get this underrated player in the mid second round, now the Bengals might be lucky if he is still available. Worked out very well, but also the most consistent among top DTs

going to Bengals.....I doubt that now....roid user

Yeah he is going to drop like a stone now.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 10:34 PM
I highly doubt Derrick Johnson will make it past Detroit, if he makes it that far. They would have DJ, Teddy Lehman, and Boss Bailey as their LB's. Pretty good.

And if he DOES slip past the Lions, I guarantee Marty would take him at #12. He loves the playmaking linebacker.

Gravedigger
04-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah these people are stupid they got demarcus ware and erasmus james falling to 23 and 28. That's not gonna happen.

Ninjaman
04-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Derrick Johnson is dropping because there are questions about him.

He may be another Kawika Mitchell.

All athlete and no toughness.

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2005, 11:45 PM

ROFL rigght! That's why he's considered the most NFL ready player in years

Gravedigger
04-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah what questions are there about him?

melbar
04-13-2005, 11:55 PM

DJ is a football player, not some workout wiz who showed spurts at a small college.

Ninjaman
04-14-2005, 01:30 AM
Espn radio had something on him. They said that he is fast going side to side of the field but he can't shed blocks and gets shoved around .

Red flags but I think he's better than Mitchell.

He's not the tough guy everyone here has labeled him.

htismaqe
04-14-2005, 05:02 AM
Ware and James falling into the 20's is entirely realistic.

HemiEd
04-14-2005, 05:29 AM
So then, if this happens that DJ falls to us and we take I am to assume there will be no bitching on the Planet? Nothing but love for Carl and Dick? ROFL

yoswif
04-14-2005, 08:04 AM
There are still some quality free agent LBs available so that should say something about the relative value NFL clubs place in the LB position. Faced with choosing between a quality pass rusher and a quality LB, most clubs are going to choose the quality pass rusher. For that reason, I could see Pollack, Merriman, and Spears being taken before Johnson.

Johnson and McFadden, along with Surtain, on draft day would move the Chiefs pass D from dead last to mid pack, imo. An average pass D should be enough for a playoff spot.

htismaqe
04-14-2005, 10:41 AM
There are still some quality free agent LBs available so that should say something about the relative value NFL clubs place in the LB position. Faced with choosing between a quality pass rusher and a quality LB, most clubs are going to choose the quality pass rusher. For that reason, I could see Pollack, Merriman, and Spears being taken before Johnson.

Johnson and McFadden, along with Surtain, on draft day would move the Chiefs pass D from dead last to mid pack, imo. An average pass D should be enough for a playoff spot.

I'm fine with that because I think we need a quality well-rounded LB before we need a 1-dimensional pass-rusher.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Why? You've got Champ to stop him. ROFL

I actually agree, it seems that despite drafting 32nd every year the rich get richer.

because they have a good personal dept ... ours sucks.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2005, 10:45 AM
he's a longhorn ... therefore my first gut reaction is too say "i think he's a big fat underacheiving possy".

but we need a linebacker so bad, he's still a major upgrade.