PDA

View Full Version : Head Cold

KCJake
04-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Wow, this really sucks guys. I've had this head cold for about a week now. Nose burns when I take a breath, headache, tons of pressure in my head, and my ears a popping. :cuss:

Any idea's???

wazu
04-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Sounds like two of the symptoms can be eliminated by stopping the use of cocaine and staying at the same altitude.

KC Jones
04-14-2005, 10:40 PM
rest, drink plenty of fluids (no booze), stay away from high fat foods, rinse out your sinuses with a saline solution.

Hammock Parties
04-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Take a hot shower or bath. Or both. Get it about as hot as you can stand it.

DenverChief
04-14-2005, 10:41 PM
I think I have a cold, anyone have an asprin? ~ Jim Henson

Frazod
04-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Hot showers. Breathe in all the steam that you can - that will provide immediate, if fleeting, relief. Lots of tea. Stay away from all dairy products, particularly milk - it causes you to produce more mucas. Nasal spray is good, but don't use it too often.

Plus, if you've had it that long, it may be time to give in and go see a doctor. He'll charge you a couple of hundred dollars to simply tell you that you're sick, but he'll also give you a prescription for the antibiotics that you need.

wazu
04-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Booo!

And, Adam.. if the coke's burning your nose, that's some nasty shit. You got f*cked.

Thanks. I was kind of wondering why it smelled like crushed up chlorine tablets.

KCJake
04-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks guys. Time for bed. I will try some of these idea's tomorrow.

tommykat
04-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Sounds like a sinus infection.........I had that about 3 weeks ago, water in my ears as well.....you need antiboitics. Believe me, you will finally blow that crap out like you have never seen/done. :thumb:

Simplex3
04-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Sounds like a sinus infection.........I had that about 3 weeks ago, water in my ears as well.....you need antiboitics. Believe me, you will finally blow that crap out like you have never seen/done. :thumb:
Actually, those were you last brain cells. Sorry.

:)

tommykat
04-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Actually, those were you last brain cells. Sorry.

:)

OK, touche' :thumb:

I should have seen something like that coming. FOOOOOOO

Nzoner
04-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Wow, this really sucks guys. I've had this head cold for about a week now. Nose burns when I take a breath, headache, tons of pressure in my head, and my ears a popping. :cuss:

Any idea's???

Sounds like allergies.

A few years back I started having your symptoms on a regular basis but no medicine seemed to help.Went to see an allergist and got tested and found out the damn things can set in anytime.I'm now on medication 365 days a year but feel alot better.

Miles
04-14-2005, 11:17 PM
NyQuil...Capitol N, small y, big f*cking Q. I recommend the original green death f*cking flavor

Miles
04-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Sounds like allergies.

Yeah its that time of the year when it can get bad as well. I was hurting a few weeks ago from that stuff but luckily Clariton D works fairly well for me.

Patrick
04-14-2005, 11:38 PM
I know it sounds like crazy herbal bullsh*t, but echinacea+vitamin C+zinc+Tylenol wil knock the crap out of that (sans antibiotics, of course). I've also tried the bender method, with fine results...but these days that takes me out of commission for a good day or so. You're a young lad, so a raw egg in the V8 and gatorade will cure that, too...Then again, if it's a sinus infection, then antibiotics, foo! Tis the season for allergies an' sh*t...

DenverChief
04-14-2005, 11:38 PM
NyQuil...Capitol N, small y, big f*cking Q. I recommend the original green death f*cking flavor :thumb: somebody got the Denis Leary reference

Mosbonian
04-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Hot showers. Breathe in all the steam that you can - that will provide immediate, if fleeting, relief. Lots of tea. Stay away from all dairy products, particularly milk - it causes you to produce more mucas. Nasal spray is good, but don't use it too often.

Plus, if you've had it that long, it may be time to give in and go see a doctor. He'll charge you a couple of hundred dollars to simply tell you that you're sick, but he'll also give you a prescription for the antibiotics that you need.

Yeah...what Frazod said.....the best tea is the Honey & Lemon tea. And plenty of Chicken soup. And be prepared to let it run it's course. Sorry to say that you feel the effects for bout 2 or 3 weeks.

And like Miles said, if you want to sleep Nyquil ( or the generic Equate brand) does the trick. ( I don't drink the Nuclear green color...I used the red sleep of death flavor)

mmaddog

badgirl
04-14-2005, 11:44 PM
cut off your head and that should take care of the problem :thumb: