PDA

View Full Version : Fed Ex Shipping?

KCWolfman
04-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Damn, I ordered a package from a seller on EBay last week. It was shipped without my preference and instead went Fed Ex.

Since then:

Apr 14, 2005 3:42 PM Departed FedEx location LOS ANGELES, CA
1:14 AM Arrived at FedEx location LOS ANGELES, CA

Apr 13, 2005 8:28 PM Departed FedEx location SANTA MARIA, CA
4:34 PM Arrived at FedEx location SANTA MARIA, CA
8:31 AM In transit SANTA MARIA, CA

Apr 12, 2005 5:39 AM Arrived at FedEx location BLOOMINGTON, CA
2:58 AM Left origin POMONA, CA
1:18 AM Arrived at FedEx location POMONA, CA

Apr 11, 2005 2:27 PM Departed FedEx location SANTA MARIA, CA
etc etc etc for five more days from Santa Maria to Pomona to Bloomington over and over again.

The item was shipped on April 6th via ground.

Then when I call customer service, I get the usual runaround as to there is nothing they can do about the issue and I just have to wait.

This is the reason why I try and insist the US Mail deliver my packages instead of places like Fed Ex.

I think I will call the San Clemente Police Department and have this straightened out.

jspchief
04-15-2005, 08:02 AM
You might get a resolution if you call 911

KCWolfman
04-15-2005, 08:04 AM
You might get a resolution if you call 911
I would but I have been put on hold for some dumb chick needing a hamburger.

Saulbadguy
04-15-2005, 08:04 AM
That is quite odd. I've never seen something like that happen before. :shrug:

I have never had a problem with FedEx. I always use em.

ZootedGranny
04-15-2005, 08:05 AM
I had a shipment once start on the West coast, move to the Kansas warehouse, and then move to Texas, and then Indianapolis before coming back to Kansas, and giving me my package.

The thing about it was that it arrived the day it was scheduled to arrive. So basically, for 2 or 3 days, they moved it around waiting for the perfect moment to give me my damn package.

Nzoner
04-15-2005, 08:06 AM
This is the reason why I try and insist the US Mail deliver my packages instead of places like Fed Ex.

Good luck with getting it.

As for your above comment,I called a client on Wednesday to let them know I hadn't received their check for April's ad and was told it was mailed on the 4th out of Texas.Sure enough I get it yesterday the 14th postmarked the 4th and am thinking wtf,10 days.

KCWolfman
04-15-2005, 08:07 AM
That is quite odd. I've never seen something like that happen before. :shrug:

I have never had a problem with FedEx. I always use em.
I absolutely despise FedEx over any other shipper, including DHL and UPS.

Seems like everything I get that originates from the west coast is always delayed. Usually it is only one or two days, but I would venture to state that it happens with 80% of the stuff I have shipped from there.

Hell, the DVDs I get from Hong Kong take less time to arrive in CA, than it takes to get from CA to my house in Liberty, MO.

It honestly is not odd for them at all.

Since the United States Postal Service has gone electronic, I find they have delivered more consistently than any other shipper I have used over the last 5 years.

jspchief
04-15-2005, 08:10 AM
It probably has to do with the glut of morons that make up the state California. I use Fed Ex frequently and have never had a complaint.

KCWolfman
04-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Good luck with getting it.

As for your above comment,I called a client on Wednesday to let them know I hadn't received their check for April's ad and was told it was mailed on the 4th out of Texas.Sure enough I get it yesterday the 14th postmarked the 4th and am thinking wtf,10 days.
Yeah, Beth has told me that the stuff going out of her warehouse is being postmarked 7 days later than the time they actually ship it as well. She is pissed at the USPS for it.

Her boss, however, like me hates FedEx. He refuses to use them for any shipping as he says he spends anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half every week getting credits for next days and two days that don't arrive on time just to get credit for the shipping. He says his customer service spends anywhere from 10-12 hours a week with irate customers when it happens.

Bowser
04-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Tsk tsk. You should have known better......

KCWolfman
04-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Tsk tsk. You should have known better......
LOL, There is my damned package on the ground!!!!!!!!

Logical
04-15-2005, 09:29 AM
I have never had a problem with FedEx but I never use their ground service. Maybe that is where the problem lies.

Amnorix
04-15-2005, 09:35 AM
FedEx next day rules. FedEx ground isn't anything I'm familiar with.

teedubya
04-15-2005, 10:41 AM
FedEx sucks, plus they ruined Kinkos.

go bo
04-15-2005, 11:05 AM
the few times i've had fedex deliver things like computers and stuff i've always been very satisfied...

but then, i don't think any of it originated in kalifornia...

Nelson Muntz
04-17-2005, 04:34 PM
I hate Fedex too. I always ask my ebay sellers to not ship it Fedex, but about 10 packages got shipped Fedex anyways. All 10 have been beaten to hell and in the worst shape of any box I have ever seen. Luckily only one has actually had the contents broken. Fedex ranks right up there with the donks and raiders in my opinion.

Bwana
04-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Other than the pricks taking 3 days for an "Overnight" on several hundred pounds of halibut a few years ago, they have worked well for me. That little delay cost them about $900.00.

DanT
04-17-2005, 04:49 PM
FedExGround used to be Roadway Package System. Here's the entry on them from the history page at FedEx:

http://www.fedex.com/us/about/today/history/?link=4#3

FedEx Ground

FedEx Ground began in 1985 as RPS (Roadway Package System), a division of Roadway Services, which became Caliber System Inc. in 1996.

RPS revolutionized the small-package ground shipping market. It was the first in the ground business to use bar coding and automated sorting, providing customers with relevant information about their packages. In 1993 RPS exceeded $1 billion in annual revenue, just nine years after its creation, to record the fastest growth of any ground transportation company. By 1996, it offered 100 percent coverage of North America.

Following the acquisition of the Caliber companies by FDX Corp. in 1998, RPS was officially rebranded FedEx Ground in January 2000. Later that year, the company launched FedEx Home Delivery, a business-to-consumer service designed to help catalog and online retailers meet the needs of the residential market with standard features such as evening and Saturday deliveries. In September 2002, FedEx Home Delivery completed its expansion and is now available nationwide, serving virtually every U.S. address.

In September 2004, Parcel Direct became a subsidiary of FedEx Ground after FedEx Corp. acquired the leading parcel consolidator. The service was later rebranded FedEx SmartPost and currently provides a cost-effective solution for low-weight, less time-sensitive residential shipments.

Today, FedEx Ground is the only small-package ground carrier operating a network of automated facilities and ships more than 2.6 million packages every business day.

LTownChief
04-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I have a good story about Fed Ex. I was out mowing my lawn one day, I had ordered something off of ebay as well and they shipped it fed ex. The fed ex truck pulls up my driveway and I'm excited to finally get my package and he comes out and tells me he has a package in the back and he went in the back of the truck for a good 5 minutes and comes back out empty handed and tells me that "I don't have, but according to this (his little electronic thing) I'm supposed to, it probably just got put on the wrong truck, sorry." 4 days later I finally got it....I hate fed ex and will not ever use them

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
04-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Bwana-

Did you ever send me a thank you card for helping you?

Rest-

The anti-FedEx comments are interesting. There are hundreds of people who hate UPS and DHL for the same reasons you hate FedEx. It goes both ways. Shipping, in general, is a love-hate thing. Either you love your shipping company or you love hating them.

FWIW, FedEx has a contract with the USPS and they fly most of the US mail anyways. The electronic catch up of the USPS has helped but so has putting the mail in the bellies of FedEx jets. USPS has retired their old and aged aircraft. They have about 100+ planes stored at the Goodyear, Arizona airport.

USPS also trucks a lot of their mail, especially out of Texas for some reason.

I used to sell FedEx for 3+ years before I got out of the industry.

Rausch
04-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Seems like the exception and not the rule. I don't know how many times I've mailed something off and it never showed up using the USPS.

UPS and FedEx have both been great for me with only one exception, and that's when UPS took forever and a week to ship me my new Mac...

Bwana
04-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Bwana-

Did you ever send me a thank you card for helping you?

Card no, PM yes. You were a good man for helping a brother out Marty. You may have even saved me some lawyer bills from me beating someones ass over that little ordeal. :) I was not a happy camper over that.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
04-17-2005, 09:10 PM
I thought you were going to send me a fish head or something... =)

keg in kc
04-17-2005, 09:38 PM
The company I do video work for uses FedEx exclusively. I've worked with them for almost two years and we've never had a package arrive late. 'course, we're always overnighting.

Skip Towne
04-17-2005, 10:23 PM
All of the Directv equipment I install is shipped directly to the customer by either UPS or Fed-Ex. So I see it twice every day with both carriers. They both have their problems but it evens out. My vote goes to Fed-Ex because they deliver on Saturdays and UPS doesn't. But you have to remember, Fed-Ex had the poor judgement to hire ®aiders®ock.

KCWolfman
04-17-2005, 10:43 PM
The company I do video work for uses FedEx exclusively. I've worked with them for almost two years and we've never had a package arrive late. 'course, we're always overnighting.
I think that is the major difference, overnight vs. scenic view of California. I was stuck with the sellers mode of shipping even though I offered to pay a higher rate for a faster delivery.

Bwana
04-17-2005, 11:04 PM
I thought you were going to send me a fish head or something... =)

:evil: