PDA

View Full Version : I'm in video rental hell!

KC Jones
04-15-2005, 07:54 PM
When living in KC, I was 10 blocks from SRO Video - probably the best rental place in the whole city. A massive selection of art house, foreign, anima, documentary, etc. Now, I live miles and miles from any such place and I'm surrounded by Blockbusters and Hollywood videos :(

I guess on the bright side I'm gauranteed a copy of something like "White Chicks" when I go in.

So... what's this netflicks thing everyone was talking about. I think that might be my only option.

DenverChief
04-15-2005, 08:01 PM
When living in KC, I was 10 blocks from SRO Video - probably the best rental place in the whole city. A massive selection of art house, foreign, anima, documentary, etc. Now, I live miles and miles from any such place and I'm surrounded by Blockbusters and Hollywood videos :(

I guess on the bright side I'm gauranteed a copy of something like "White Chicks" when I go in.

So... what's this netflicks thing everyone was talking about. I think that might be my only option.

What part of town you in? I know of a couple of good rental places for what you are looking for

Ultra Peanut
04-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Yes. Netflix.

Nzoner
04-15-2005, 08:08 PM

Sounds like here,only it's movie theatre hell,only the so called Hollywood hits nothing even remotely out of the ordinary.Thank God for the Independent Film Channel and Hastings bookstore.

Miles
04-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Check out netfix. They have a great selection and its pretty convenient.

Valiant
04-15-2005, 09:42 PM
netflix....

be smart...

Fire Me Boy!
04-15-2005, 09:55 PM
You could go with Netflix, or just do what I do... buy everything you want to see.

:( I have no money anymore... it's all tied up in the roughly 1,500 movies I have.

KC Jones
04-15-2005, 11:34 PM
What part of town you in? I know of a couple of good rental places for what you are looking for

By Wadsworth and 470 ... way out in the burbs.

KCWolfman
04-16-2005, 12:49 AM
I noticed that Netflix has temporarily dropped their price, but I am sticking with Blockbuster online for now.

Only 14.00 a month and a huge library (especially Asian films which I enjoy)

DenverChief
04-16-2005, 12:52 AM

Oh wow...thats pretty new as well....everything I know is Downtown or in the Boulder area...I'll ask around and see if anyone knows anything I don't

Abba-Dabba
04-16-2005, 08:48 AM
I've had Netflix since Oct. 03 and haven't had any problem yet. I will not go to any rental place ever again. I go thru 3 movies a week. Usually watch them on the weekend and send them back on Monday. I always get my new selections by Thursday in the mail. I pay 17.99 a mos., which works out o $19 and some change after taxes for an average of 12 movies a month.

Rain Man
04-16-2005, 08:50 AM

I went out there once. I think it was in 1995.

MGRS13
04-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Man that sucks I still live within 10 blocks of SRO and I love it. SRO is the best video rental place in the city. I used tyo think Valentine was great when I lived in mid town but its got nothin on SRO.