PDA

View Full Version : Worst-kept Secret?

VonneMarie
04-17-2005, 08:59 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs reached a contract agreement with Miami cornerback Patrick Surtain, and they're expected to make a draft-day trade.

It's from ProSportsDaily.com.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3138627

Who knows. I just wanted to start a Surtain thread...

Bowser
04-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Whew! For a second, I thought this was going to be another "Royals SUCK!" thread.

KCWolfman
04-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Looks nice on paper. How reputable is the site?

VonneMarie
04-17-2005, 09:05 PM
I don't know. Looks like we'll find out Saturday. :shrug:

Deberg_1990
04-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Whew! For a second, I thought this was going to be another "Royals SUCK!" thread.

not tonight.....ill spare you all......They are not even worth the effort spent typing up a thread for.

Spicy McHaggis
04-17-2005, 09:07 PM

Same record as the Yanks :clap:

Bowser
04-17-2005, 09:08 PM

Wow. The Yankees SUCK!

VonneMarie
04-17-2005, 09:12 PM
I was gonna post that. :Royals:

Deberg_1990
04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Wow. The Yankees SUCK!

Yes, and Steinbrenner is publically ripping into them already. I love it. I wish our crappy owner would do the same to our team. You can hate on Steinbrenner all you want but at least he wants to win. All Glass cares about is selling cheap crap to the masses.

Phobia
04-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Looks nice on paper. How reputable is the site?

The Houston Chronicle? Pretty reputable. John McClain is on every NFL media voting committee, so he's been around a LONG time. He covered the Oilers forever and told Bud Adams he wouldn't be making the move to Tenn. He covered the entire NFL for several years until the Texans started playing.

Deberg_1990
04-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Holy Cow, if what this guy says is true and we obtained both Surtain and and Derrick Johnson, id just about bust a nut all over this message board.

tk13
04-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Yes, and Steinbrenner is publically ripping into them already. I love it. I wish our crappy owner would do the same to our team. You can hate on Steinbrenner all you want but at least he wants to win. All Glass cares about is selling cheap crap to the masses.
If David Glass said something like that it wouldn't even make Sportscenter.... and you can hate on Glass all you want but what Steinbrenner is actually for isn't just winning, but keeping all his money and screwing up competitive balance while Glass wants an NFL-style revenue/salary cap system... if Glass had his way, Steinbrenner wouldn't be the owner "who wanted to win the most" anymore... that really is not even debatable...

DenverChief
04-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Holy Cow, if what this guy says is true and we obtained both Surtain and and Derrick Johnson, id just about bust a nut all over this message board. ROFL

keg in kc
04-17-2005, 09:41 PM
If David Glass said something like that it wouldn't even make Sportscenter.... Not to mention it would be monumentally stupid to f*cking rip a team full of rookies and young players.

I think the deal will go down late Friday.

VonneMarie
04-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Holy Cow, if what this guy says is true and we obtained both Surtain and and Derrick Johnson, id just about bust a nut all over this message board.
Please just keep it to your computer screen. :Lin:

DenverChief
04-17-2005, 09:48 PM
I think the deal will go down late Friday.

if so this could be the best week evar!

Chiefs Pantalones
04-17-2005, 09:50 PM
This is no secret, ninjas really did kill his family. Hopefully they find the ninjas responsible, and in the meantime, someone gives him money to get revenge. I think I have Steven Segal's number somewhere...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/gustheduckie/ninja.jpg

TEX
04-17-2005, 10:22 PM

Me too! But how would we get both because the 2nd would no doubt be used to move up to get Johnson and that's the pick that Miami wants for Surtain. Maybe they'll take a 2nd next year or something? :hmmm:

teedubya
04-18-2005, 12:36 AM
If we pick up Surtain the man... it doesnt matter to me who we get in the draft, because this offseason has been active, and I deem that a success. hopefully, it will translate into W's in the season. But at least KC, [king carl] made an attempt this offseason.

htismaqe
04-18-2005, 05:13 AM
The deal for Surtain is done.

This is Trent Green, part 2.5.

I just can't believe King Carl is lying to us about it. :D

Ralphy Boy
04-18-2005, 07:14 AM
I think the reason for the draft day trade is because if the player we want isn't there when we pick in the first, we will trade down with Miami getting their 2nd rounder & Surtain. If our player is there in the first we take him and just give up the 2nd for Surtain.

Now I don't think that's a big secret, but as usual for us, it's telegraphed pretty far out so every other team knows it's going to happen and someone else might trade up just ahead of us, because they-like the rest of the world-hate Carl Peterson.

Ralphy Boy
04-18-2005, 07:17 AM
I also like the article there about the Redskins and how their 2nd year Safety Sean Taylor wants his contract redone as does Santanna Moss.

I guess when the whole world knows your owner pays stupid money for players, it can come back to bite you in the old nutsack.

htismaqe
04-18-2005, 07:44 AM
I think the reason for the draft day trade is because if the player we want isn't there when we pick in the first, we will trade down with Miami getting their 2nd rounder & Surtain. If our player is there in the first we take him and just give up the 2nd for Surtain.

Now I don't think that's a big secret, but as usual for us, it's telegraphed pretty far out so every other team knows it's going to happen and someone else might trade up just ahead of us, because they-like the rest of the world-hate Carl Peterson.

The only people that hate Carl Peterson are the fans and media in KC.

Carl Peterson is VERY well-respected in the NFL.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Last I heard, no agreement has even been reached between the player and the Chiefs.

htismaqe
04-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Last I heard, no agreement has even been reached between the player and the Chiefs.

The only people saying that is Carl Peterson, Dick Vermeil, and Bob Gretz.

Everybody and their dog has reported that the deal is done. King Carl is just a tough SoB negotiator and doesn't want to tip his hand.