Not on FSN tonight. :(

Gotta listen on the radio.

Bowser
04-18-2005, 06:12 PM
I predict we will lose 7-3.

it's a reverse karma thing......

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Coco Crisp gets on base with an error charged to Marrero. Backed up to get a better hop, and fumbled it. :shake:

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 06:13 PM
WTF. Marrero plays first base? Where have I been?

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Berroa drops a focking pop fly.

Send that bastard back to the minors. He has really been lazy as of late.

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
WTF. Marrero plays first base? Where have I been?Been playing there all spring. Part of rotation with Sweeney and Pickering, although he's been playing lately (I think) because Pickering's been away with his wife, who's expecting.

Bowser
04-18-2005, 06:16 PM
I meant 17-3.

:shake:

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Martinez out on a 4-5-3 double play.

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Phew. We are lucky. So far. Hafner grounds out to end the shitty first inning.

OmahaChief
04-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Not on FSN tonight. :(

Gotta listen on the radio.

You would effin think they would televise all of Greinke's starts. How freakin stupid is it not to show the franchises starts to build excitement. I guess maybe they do this so folks will come to the park but then they treat us that out outside of KC like guttersnipes.

tk13
04-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Been playing there all spring. Part of rotation with Sweeney and Pickering, although he's been playing lately (I think) because Pickering's been away with his wife, who's expecting.
They had the baby on Friday I believe... he was supposed to be back yesterday, but we've faced lefties the past two days.

jcroft
FYI, Marrero plays outfield, too, and also DH's

Sure-Oz
You would effin think they would televise all of Greinke's starts. How freakin stupid is it not to show the franchises starts to build excitement. I guess maybe they do this so folks will come to the park but then they treat us that out outside of KC like guttersnipes.
The franchise till his contract runs out and the yankees get him.

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 06:26 PM
1..2..3..we're outta there.

VonneMarie
04-18-2005, 06:27 PM
:shake:

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Casey Blake hits a homer.

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Ben Broussard hits a homer.

Back to back homers....i'm speechless.

2-0 Indians.

VonneMarie
04-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Welp, game over.

I'm going to go watch the Mr. Romance marathon. :mad:

OmahaChief
04-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Here is a question for the ages. Why in the eff would Tony Pena put Buck in the 5 hole? He is hitting .183 with ZERO power this year. Pena is a freakin joke at times. Not to mention Marrero in the 4 spot. Long has been better then either of them and he at leasts makes contact and can drive in a run. Eff Pena! Sick of his crap already.

tk13
04-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Here is a question for the ages. Why in the eff would Tony Pena put Buck in the 5 hole? He is hitting .183 with ZERO power this year. Pena is a freakin joke at times. Not to mention Marrero in the 4 spot. Long has been better then either of them and he at leasts makes contact and can drive in a run. Eff Pena! Sick of his crap already.
He's playing the righty/lefty thing.... Long traditionally doesn't hit lefties that well. Emil Brown had been hitting in that 5 spot. Maybe Buck hit Cliff Lee well last year or something, I don't know. We just don't have a lot of options from the right side...

VonneMarie
04-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Man O man they ****ing suck. :cuss:

Ninjaman
04-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Calvin Pickering was mentioned in the paper and how Pena wont play him against the opposing pitcher.

I don't get it.

ChiTown
04-18-2005, 07:35 PM
This is a Triple A offensive team. This worst part is that I don't get where we are going with this group. Baird should be sweating this one out. He's in a bad way with this group.

petegz28
04-18-2005, 07:49 PM
This team sucks! 2 hits in 5 1/2 innings. 2 runs over the weekend. 11 runs in the last 6 games. This team is ****ing terrible. Gonna be the worst team ever to wear a Roylas uniform and I blame Mr. Wal-Mart.

Ninjaman
04-18-2005, 08:30 PM
The Royals are kind of like the chiefs.

They have blown a ton of first round picks . Yes, baseball draft is not like the NFL's.

Time to bring Ken Harvey back and maybe move him to right field and play Pickering at dh . And why the hell not ?

Bowser
04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
What's the score?

Ninjaman
04-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Lose 5-1 .

Sweeney did nothing

KevB
04-18-2005, 09:05 PM
This is a Triple A offensive team. This worst part is that I don't get where we are going with this group. Baird should be sweating this one out. He's in a bad way with this group.

The thing I don't get is that Baird said he wants the young players to come up at the same time. What young impact offensive players are we developing? Berroa, Gotay and DeJesus are nice complementary players, but nothing more. Buck is a nice defensive player and leader, but has a long way to go offensively. I've yet to see anything from Teahen in his limited time to make me believe he'll be anything more offensively than Randa, and Randa was a complementary player. We have no other offensive players above A ball that appear to be run producers. This team is garbage, and frankly, the future isn't very bright.

OmahaChief
04-18-2005, 09:48 PM
The thing I don't get is that Baird said he wants the young players to come up at the same time. What young impact offensive players are we developing? Berroa, Gotay and DeJesus are nice complementary players, but nothing more. Buck is a nice defensive player and leader, but has a long way to go offensively. I've yet to see anything from Teahen in his limited time to make me believe he'll be anything more offensively than Randa, and Randa was a complementary player. We have no other offensive players above A ball that appear to be run producers. This team is garbage, and frankly, the future isn't very bright.

I can tell you this, we have NOTHING here in Omaha as fair as offensive talent. Not a godo sign. Too many wasted draft picks on guys like COlt Griffen.

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Our best prospects would be in Wichita not Omaha. Triple-A ball is for older players, MLB replacements and rehabbing, not the guys you expect to become your full-time major leaguers. Double-A is more for instruction and development of that kind of player.

What we're going to see, I think, are some deadline trades to acquire more bats. I hope Brian Anderson keeps pitching well, because he could be a valuable commodity. I think Sweeney's maybe headed out, too.

SCTrojan
04-18-2005, 10:26 PM
Man, these guys have stunk it up for the last week. I was encouraged after the road trip, but when you score one run per game, you aren't going to win anything.

I'm hoping this is just a terrible slump. I fear it might not be.

OmahaChief
04-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Our best prospects would be in Wichita not Omaha. Triple-A ball is for older players, MLB replacements and rehabbing, not the guys you expect to become your full-time major leaguers. Double-A is more for instruction and development of that kind of player.

What we're going to see, I think, are some deadline trades to acquire more bats. I hope Brian Anderson keeps pitching well, because he could be a valuable commodity. I think Sweeney's maybe headed out, too.

Is that why the plan was originally for Huber Gotay Blanco and Teahan to the starting line up for Omaha this year? We have had plenty of talent come through here on their way to the majors, it is not just a place for older players and rehabbers.

Greinke, Gobble, DeJesus just to name three current players that have been on the major league roster are all Omaha Alumni.

I understand where you are coming from but it is really a misguided notion. Sure the lower minors are for the instruction but it is not as if all the triple A teams are full or older washouts and injury rehabbers.

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Is that why the plan was originally for Huber Gotay Blanco and Teahan to the starting line up for Omaha this year? We have had plenty of talent come through here on their way to the majors, it is not just a place for older players and rehabbers.

Greinke, Gobble, DeJesus just to name three current players are the roster are all Omaha Alumni.

I understand where you are coming from but it is really a misguided notion. Sure the lower minors are for the instruction but it is not as if all the triple A teams are full or older washouts and injury rehabbers.I guess I just included them in as replacements in my head. The real prospects, the guys who won't be up until '06 or later, they're going to be in Wichita, or even Burlington, not in Omaha. If there's a player they're expecting to come up in a month or two, they'll start in Omaha. And as far as I know, we don't have short timer/major league ready position players in Omaha right now. Teahan (and Gotay, as you mentioned) would have been, had it not been for the injury to, err, whatever the guys name was, the third baseman that we lost for the season in spring training.

And I thought Huber was in Wichita?

Either way, it's sort of a moot point, I don't think we have any bats waiting to explode in the minors, at least not for '05.

OmahaChief
04-19-2005, 06:12 AM
I guess I just included them in as replacements in my head. The real prospects, the guys who won't be up until '06 or later, they're going to be in Wichita, or even Burlington, not in Omaha. If there's a player they're expecting to come up in a month or two, they'll start in Omaha. And as far as I know, we don't have short timer/major league ready position players in Omaha right now. Teahan (and Gotay, as you mentioned) would have been, had it not been for the injury to, err, whatever the guys name was, the third baseman that we lost for the season in spring training.

And I thought Huber was in Wichita?

Either way, it's sort of a moot point, I don't think we have any bats waiting to explode in the minors, at least not for '05.

Huber is in Wichita but he was slated to be in Omaha until then sent Harvey down. As far as near major league ready we have nothing here but that is more of an example of our drafting problems. We have had so many washouts we can not stock our minors with quality talent. The only talent is below AAA, it's really too bad we could not have drafted better or just had better luck.

ChiTown
04-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Huber is in Wichita but he was slated to be in Omaha until then sent Harvey down. As far as near major league ready we have nothing here but that is more of an example of our drafting problems. We have had so many washouts we can not stock our minors with quality talent. The only talent is below AAA, it's really too bad we could not have drafted better or just had better luck.

Or, it's really too bad our GM has limited vision on how to win in KC. You can do it in the small markets (be competitive), but you have to have the proper vision and know-how. He has neither. Combine all that with a skipper who should be a bench coach and VIOLA - you have a 100 loss ballclub. JMHO