PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster "rumor" w/ Surtain?

Anyong Bluth
04-19-2005, 05:46 AM
So there has been news of some supposed blockbuster deal with the Chiefs that will give them more 1st day picks....

I was thinking and wondered if it wouldn't be tied in with the Surtain deal - that is apperently mistakenly referred to...

Trade for Surtain and Miami's 1st (#2)

in exchange for

KC's 1st (#15) & 2nd (#46) & next year's 1st (#?)

With the 2nd pick - we obviously could then move down to pick up additonal picks in either 2nd or 3rd round and still be able to draft DJ or whoever is "1st" on their board!? I don't bother with the draft points - so you could adjust the Miami deal accordingly by KC getting a 3rd or us giving a lower pick or whatever to get it done.

Assuming we have a good year and they get this much help on D, we should have a fairly low 1st next year and the additions this year would be worth giving up next year's 1st. The ability to then move back and get more early round picks also benefits us in getting players that can make an impact faster?

To me this would be the best possible scenario - Surtain and our top guy (DJ for my $) and then slide down to get so more 1st day picks and possibly get 4 players within the 1st 3 rounds & Surtain.

Manila-Chief
04-19-2005, 05:53 AM
How do we get DJ and then get additional picks? Wouldn't we have to trade the #2 to be able to move down?

I don't like the adding next year's 1st.

teedubya
04-19-2005, 05:58 AM
Yesssssssssssssssssssss.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/103/1101928791.jpg

another Surtain thread.

tomahawk kid
04-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Carl doesn't have the balls to pull of something even close to this.

We might get Surtan, but then we'll probably draft another project in Thomas Davis.

the Talking Can
04-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Why would we want the #2 pick?

No one in this draft is worth it. I seriously hope we don't do this.

Mr. Kotter
04-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Next year's first? No way this is happening....if it involves that.

BigRedChief
04-19-2005, 07:14 AM
I think Miami would go for our #1, #2, #4, #5 and next years #3. In exchange we get Surtain. Draft Johnson at the #3 pick and pick up a wide reciever in the 3rd round.

With King Carls drafting record to get Surtain and Johnson out of a draft is more than his drafts usually produce.

It's also now or never or at least a while before we make a Super Bowl run again.

Chiefnj
04-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Didn't this blockbuster rumor originate with Athan? I'll go check with PFT to see if it is true.

htismaqe
04-19-2005, 07:21 AM
As Can said, why the **** would we want the #2 pick in the draft? The best 2 defensive players on the board (Rolle and Johnson) could be had in the 5-8 range without giving up NEAR as much.

the Talking Can
04-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Didn't this blockbuster rumor originate with Athan? I'll go check with PFT to see if it is true.

yes, it is a version of something a warpaint retard:

Athan has herpes (http://mb4.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=3505.topic)

bigdogg:
"Many of you have said that a blockbuster must consist of a big time player or high draft pick. Well, I think that the blockbuster deal were working on right now is with Miami and it's for the #2 overall pick. That wouldn't surprise me!

Maybe...

Surtain, #2

for

#15, #46, 1st rounder next year

That would be work it, because we could trade down to Tampa Bay's pick and probably get a 1st rounder next year anyway. We would just hold those people to a ransom of a 1st rounder next year and somebody would take it...whether it be Tampa Bay or Minnesota. Cleveland is gonna take either Braylon Edwards or Alex Smith. I'm not worried about the possibility of DJ going there!"

Bob Dole
04-19-2005, 07:24 AM
"Blockbuster rumor" = People making shit up.

ct
04-19-2005, 07:27 AM
And where exactly did this rumor come from, or at least where did you find it?

Thank you Can, I asked too soon. BS!

ROYC75
04-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Is that DVD or VCR ?

carlos3652
04-19-2005, 07:42 AM
As Can said, why the **** would we want the #2 pick in the draft? The best 2 defensive players on the board (Rolle and Johnson) could be had in the 5-8 range without giving up NEAR as much.

To trade w/ TB or Minny, both are looking for WR and they want to pick before Cleveland... because they will take Edwards.... Minny has 2 #1 picks (#7 & #18) and probably a #3 rounder, TB has (#5) and they would give us an additional #2 and #3 for this trade.

If we trade w/ Minny we would have DJ @ #7 and then take the best player @ (Corner, LB, WR) #18, we get a defensive player that can get on the field this year (DJ) + Surtain + another starter either on D or O.

How would this not benefit the team?

jspchief
04-19-2005, 07:49 AM
when did "blockbuster" become a synonym for "bullsh*t"?

Warrior5
04-19-2005, 07:58 AM
Why would the Chiefs... um, where...who in the wor-...

This doesn't make any...er, who in their right mind ...

uhh... :spock:

...obviously at a loss for words

ct
04-19-2005, 08:07 AM
Really this is just stupid!!

KC gives up a 1st #15, another 1st of unknown overall #, and a 2nd #46 to get the 2nd overall pick in the draft AND a pro bowl CB?

AND...you then expect the Vikings to give up 2 1st rounders, both of KNOWN quantity in #7 and #18, and a 3rd #80? All this to move up 5 spots!?!

OR...Tampa gives up a 1st #5, a 2nd #36, and a 3rd #71? All this to move up 3 spots?

Explain to me how KC gets unbelievable value, highway robbery value, to move up 13 spots, but the Vikes and Bucs give up a ton to move 5 or 3 spots?

This is not a blockbuster trade rumor, this is a crack induced fantasy!!

Rain Man
04-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Well, to be fair, Mike Tice is the Vikings' coach.

ct
04-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Well, to be fair, Mike Tice is the Vikings' coach.

Yes, but similarly, Carl Peterson is our GM and Dick Vermiel is our coach.

SCTrojan
04-19-2005, 08:42 AM
To trade w/ TB or Minny, both are looking for WR and they want to pick before Cleveland... because they will take Edwards.... Minny has 2 #1 picks (#7 & #18) and probably a #3 rounder, TB has (#5) and they would give us an additional #2 and #3 for this trade.

If we trade w/ Minny we would have DJ @ #7 and then take the best player @ (Corner, LB, WR) #18, we get a defensive player that can get on the field this year (DJ) + Surtain + another starter either on D or O.

How would this not benefit the team?

If all that happened, then it definitely has the potential to benefit the team next year.

But I don't see TB or Minnesota waiting around to do that when they could probably get Miami's pick simply by exhanging 1st rounders and throwing in a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

keg in kc
04-19-2005, 08:51 AM
If this wasn't a completely bullshit rumor, I know who we'd pick. Braylon Edwards.

Hey, Larry Johnson to Miami? Since we're talking bullshit.

Maybe we're trading Priest.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-19-2005, 08:54 AM
If DJ is there at 10, we should move up. If not, then don't. If Carlos Rodgers, Merriman, or Ware are there at 15, pick one of those. If not, trade down.

I love the draft. Although, the ChiefsPlanet server doesn't.

Anyong Bluth
04-19-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm not the one that used "blockbuster" it was the spot on 38 and the "speculation" blah blah blah -

I wasn't ever saying we'd stay at the # 2 spot - the point was to move down to after we did the deal and to pick up more picks - reread - NEVER did i post at picking at the #2.

And the "bullsh*t" you wanna bitch about isn't even this - nothing from the news spot suggested this or anything. It just seems that you could get the fair value if you swap #1's give them next year's 1 and either a 2nd or 4th (?) then move down and get a player in 7-10 spot while picking up some picks.

Probably won't or cant happen but some of you are such tards about this - don't bother replying if you can't even read the post right to begin with

carlos3652
04-19-2005, 09:00 AM

KC gives up a 1st #15, another 1st of unknown overall #, and a 2nd #46 to get the 2nd overall pick in the draft AND a pro bowl CB?

AND...you then expect the Vikings to give up 2 1st rounders, both of KNOWN quantity in #7 and #18, and a 3rd #80? All this to move up 5 spots!?!

OR...Tampa gives up a 1st #5, a 2nd #36, and a 3rd #71? All this to move up 3 spots?

Explain to me how KC gets unbelievable value, highway robbery value, to move up 13 spots, but the Vikes and Bucs give up a ton to move 5 or 3 spots?

Well, the reason for the draft picks exchange is based on the NFL Trade Chart, and we would have to give up almost all our picks #1, #2, #4, #7 and a 1st next year to do this... Im not sure how this is highway robbery when Minny wants Edwards after losing Moss... He wont be there @ #7 and the only picks we would have this year are whatever Minny or TB trades us...

So I am not sure how this is Highway robbery... far fetched maybe, but dont treat me like an idiot....

RINGLEADER
04-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Next year's first? No way this is happening....if it involves that.

Agree.

carlos3652
04-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Link: http://www.finheaven.com/news/2040/

Vikings Contact Dolphins About Trade ...
2005-04-18

[Miami Herald] Jason Cole reports the Dolphins have been contacted by Minnesota about a possible trade as the Vikings try to find a trading partner to move up from the No. 7 overall pick in the NFL draft to get Michigan receiver Braylon Edwards.

A Vikings source confirmed that the team has talked to San Francisco and Miami about a possible move. In addition, another source said Minnesota is also talking with Cleveland about the No. 3 pick.

The Vikings have the No. 7 and No. 18 picks, and will be looking for the cheapest trade among the top picks.

As for the Dolphins, having multiple suitors for the second pick overall can only help them. According to six NFL executives, the Dolphins have expressed a strong desire to trade the pick.

And Miami Fans talk about it:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=74831

Mr. Kotter
04-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Link: http://www.finheaven.com/news/2040/

Vikings Contact Dolphins About Trade ...
2005-04-18

[Miami Herald] Jason Cole reports the Dolphins have been contacted by Minnesota about a possible trade as the Vikings try to find a trading partner to move up from the No. 7 overall pick in the NFL draft to get Michigan receiver Braylon Edwards.

A Vikings source confirmed that the team has talked to San Francisco and Miami about a possible move. In addition, another source said Minnesota is also talking with Cleveland about the No. 3 pick.

The Vikings have the No. 7 and No. 18 picks, and will be looking for the cheapest trade among the top picks.

As for the Dolphins, having multiple suitors for the second pick overall can only help them. According to six NFL executives, the Dolphins have expressed a strong desire to trade the pick.

And Miami Fans talk about it:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=74831

If Miami gets the 7th pick, maybe they'd swap the 7th (DJ) & Surtain for our 15th, 46th, 102nd, and 147th....IF Saban really wants draft picks :hmmm:

carlos3652
04-19-2005, 09:36 AM
If Miami gets the 7th pick, maybe they'd swap the 7th (DJ) & Surtain for our 15th, 46th, 99th, and 147th....IF Saban really wants draft picks :hmmm:

Cant trade #99

Phobia
04-19-2005, 09:42 AM

Yeah - it's kinda why we have the trade value chart stuck to the top of the board - to prevent stupid trade threads like this one....

Mr. Kotter
04-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Cant trade #99 #102 then

Coogs
04-19-2005, 09:47 AM
#102 then

102 belongs to San Fransisco. I guess if they don't mind us trading their pick, then I'm all for it? :)

Here is a list of the picks...

http://www.gbnreport.com/picksbyteam.html

bricks
04-19-2005, 09:48 AM
I sure don't mind reading articles, but, any article that has Athan written at the top, I don't bother reading it.

whoman69
04-19-2005, 11:08 AM
additionally, that same player would be alot more expensive at #2.

Rausch
04-19-2005, 11:15 AM

And it shows that whatever Tard made this up hasn't been following the draft. None one knows when the Vikings first pick will be, but EVERYONE knows it won't be their slotted spot. It will take them at least 4 extra minutes and 2 teams leap-frogging them to figure out WTF they want to do...

Mr. Laz
04-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Trade for Surtain and Miami's 1st (#2)

in exchange for

KC's 1st (#15) & 2nd (#46) & next year's 1st (#?)

miami's 1st = 2600 pts
surtain = 3rd rounder(200pts)
estimate that we could get miami to settle for a 3rd, when they asked for a 2nd.

Total = 2800 pts

our 1st = 1050
our 2nd = 430
next year's 1st = 1050 (assumption, since don't know what pick)

Total 2530 pts

would have to add 270 more pts or another 3rd and 4th to get into neighborhood.

would have to look more like this:

Miami gets:

two 1st (this year and next)
2nd
3rd (next year's)
4th

Kansas city gets

1st
surtain

carl just doesn't have the stones to do it :shake:

btw - if it did happen, kegs is right we'd prolly pick Braylon Edwards with the 1st rounder and then have surtain for defense.

we'd still have a big hole at linebacker.