PDA

View Full Version : Rufus Praises Carl

shaneo69
04-19-2005, 07:55 AM
This is hilarious...

DAWES: FULL DISCLOSURE
Apr 18, 2005, 6:03:57 AM by Media Watch by Rufus Dawes

Full disclosure. I like Chiefs president Carl Peterson. I respect his business savvy. I envy his management skills and his penchant never to be driven by the whims of popularity. I admire his willingness to take responsibility for decisions that don’t work out the way he would have wanted. But he has never told me what to write, not once.

I don’t mince words when I write about Peterson, but they’re my words and not his. I don’t agree with every move he or the Chiefs make and I’ve written about them (the recent drafts, for example), but no one should make decisions on the measure of a leader based on a single issue any more than one should dismiss the president of the United States just because you may disagree with a single stance on, say, economic policy, or you may dislike his wife.

This idea that Peterson is some all-controlling, conspiring Machiavelli who happens to wear nice suits instead of the usual GM attire of a golf shirt and Sansabelt slacks as he makes his way around his “empire” may fill a couple of hours of talk and a few columns (nee, days and months of both) but it doesn’t make it true. That sort of talk has its roots in the world of radio where talk is cheap, never mind more often wrong. Besides, if my support of Peterson is so predictable, how is it any more predictable than the usual criticism he receives from these people?

No doubt, some who read this will assume that Peterson has called in his sycophants and ordered them to devise a couple of columns or more in support of him. Now, think about that for a moment. Would someone as all-controlling or devious as his detractors insist be so foolish to expect that anyone would not see through such a stunt? And, how is it that someone who is so devious and cunning can be accused of being so stupid at the same time?

The last time I checked, Peterson can tell you what he thinks without any aid from me. He can give his insight on any number of issues and use his space on this site, titled The President’s Pen, to let anyone know his thoughts. He doesn’t need me or anyone else to give his take on any issue that falls under his purview.

He could do what Dallas Maverick’s owner Mark Cuban does. Cuban, according Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz, has devised his own web site to respond to what has been said and written about him and his team because “there was not a whole lot of fact-checking done, not a whole lot of accountability,” he believed, and blogging “was my chance to correct what needed to be corrected.” Cuban is apparently very accessible, answering emails from any number of people daily. No doubt caught up in the excitement of his new venture, he believes his blogmaverick.com “has changed how the media deal with me” because if reporters are sloppy, “they know I’ll call them on it.” Maybe he’s full of himself, I don’t know, but he insists he’s not done it as a way “to get even with people.” (Washington Post, April 11, 2005)

This aggressive stance is to no surprise unpopular with the media, especially since he resorts to name-calling in his missives. Sam Smith, a columnist for the Chicago Tribune, told Kurtz: “He’s always been a bully and is not used to people standing up to him.” Peterson has never resorted to name-calling. From what we can tell, he doesn’t seem irked by what the media does; he largely ignores it and that’s what makes many of his critics angry. But when he does speak out on issues, his comments are very clear to understand as can be seen in last Sunday’s column by Joe Posnanski in the Kansas City Star.

Peterson is no Cuban and it’s doubtful anyone in the sports business would go to the lengths that the Dallas owner has. GM’s are supposed to suffer in silence or at least operate with a decorum that is expected of our leaders – in and out of sports. It comes with the title, or so the story goes.

Most football teams are typical moribund strongholds of institutionalized mediocrity. They are not enterprises in which any sagacious investor would stake his money much less his career. Too risky, too easy to fall victim to the roar of the plebs. But Peterson appears to like the action and in that way he has always inspired in me more confidence.

Some leaders lead from out in front, others prefer the backstage approach. Some are outspoken, others speak as little as necessary. Perhaps it is Peterson’s straight-forwardness, his lack of self-dramatization, his gift for not panicking or reacting to every crisis the media puts before him that has deprived him of the unbounded popular worship that some GM’s like George Young enjoyed from the media. Peterson might be brash and a bit standoffish to media, but he has drive and he doesn’t need to show it or to have me or anyone else say for him what he is capable – if not willing – to say for himself.

Rain Man
04-19-2005, 08:04 AM
I don’t mince words when I write about Peterson, but they’re my words and not his. I don’t agree with every move he or the Chiefs make and I’ve written about them (the recent drafts, for example), but no one should make decisions on the measure of a leader based on a single issue any more than one should dismiss the president of the United States just because you may disagree with a single stance on, say, economic policy, or you may dislike his wife.

So if the only thing we don't like about Carl is his ability to locate and sign good football players, we shouldn't judge him just on that.

Kyle401
04-19-2005, 08:10 AM
So if the only thing we don't like about Carl is his ability to locate and sign good football players, we shouldn't judge him just on that.

Similarly, we shouldn't judge Bartee on his inability to break up a pass or make an interception. Damn, what a critical and judgemental bunch we are.

beavis
04-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Similarly, we shouldn't judge Bartee on his inability to break up a pass or make an interception. Damn, what a critical and judgemental bunch we are.
Hey, he's a helluva nice guy. That's what we should be judging him on.

Brock
04-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Full disclosure. I like Chiefs president Carl Peterson.

No. I don't believe it.

Phobia
04-19-2005, 08:35 AM
I believe the column.

Everything I've heard from One Arrowhead is that there is a huge ego inside those walls, but it doesn't belong to Carl Peterson.

jspchief
04-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Weird that he brought up talk radio....

ChiTown
04-19-2005, 08:38 AM
ROFL

good lawd. it must have been tough typing that article while gargling on CP's balls. geezus

HemiEd
04-19-2005, 08:49 AM
I believe the column.

Everything I've heard from One Arrowhead is that there is a huge ego inside those walls, but it doesn't belong to Carl Peterson.

Please elaborate! :hmmm:

Brock
04-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Please elaborate! :hmmm:

Probably something along the lines of "The guy with the Super Bowl ring is getting sick of dealing with the wannabe without one".

the Talking Can
04-19-2005, 08:52 AM
wow...another CP hummer from dufus rawes....I'm shocked....

HC_Chief
04-19-2005, 08:55 AM
I admire his willingness to take responsibility for decisions that don’t work out the way he would have wanted

That's funny... I could have sworn Carl blamed <i>the media</i> for his failure to sign Samari Rolle.

HemiEd
04-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Probably something along the lines of "The guy with the Super Bowl ring is getting sick of dealing with the wannabe without one".

Thanks, logic was trying to tell me that Phil was referring to DV. :banghead:

Phobia
04-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Thanks, logic was trying to tell me that Phil was referring to DV. :banghead:

Yeah - I don't dislike DV only because he's not winning and his FOS press conferences. My opinion on him includes face to face meetings and things I've heard off the record.

bricks
04-19-2005, 09:42 AM
wow...another CP hummer from dufus rawes....I'm shocked....

I remember you mentioning a couple of days ago that Rufus would write an article defending Carl...You called it, props to the can :thumb:

bricks
04-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Man that Rufus guy just simply needs to shut the f*ck up!

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Rodney Carrington already wrote this letter, only it was called

"Dear Penis"

...why can't we get a grip on our man ta hand relationship.....If we could put our heads together, we'd stay home forever.....

jspchief
04-19-2005, 09:54 AM
I remember you mentioning a couple of days ago that Rufus would write an article defending Carl...You called it, props to the can :thumb:That's like giving props to someone for predicting that the sun will rise...

Bob Dole
04-19-2005, 09:55 AM
I remember you mentioning a couple of days ago that Rufus would write an article defending Carl...You called it, props to the can :thumb:

Couldn't you pretty much say that every 14 days and be spot-on 98% of the time?

gblowfish
04-19-2005, 10:44 AM
And now a look inside Carl Delano Peterson's Mind as he ghost writes another Rufus column, this time discussing his unabashed admiration for....himself! Let's listen in on the narrative going through Carl mind as he sits at the keyboard:

DAWES: THE VOICE INSIDE CARL'S HEAD

Full disclosure. I'm seriously, desperately in love with the Chiefs Longest Tenured General Manager in Professional Sport, me. DOH! I mean president/general manager/ceo/poop does not stink poohbah Carl Peterson. I'm infatuated with my business savvy. I have no management envy, although I have a couple of other well known kinds of envy. That's not for public discussion. I especially love my obsession, I mean, penchant never to be driven by the whims of popularity or sanity. I admire my willingness to delegate responsibility and blame for decisions that don’t work out the way I would have wanted. But I have never told my inner Rufus what to write, not once. Only what to think, do and say.

I don’t mince, slice or dice words when I write about myself, but they’re my words, as I have to translate everything I say from Latin. I agree with every move I tell the Chiefs to make and I’ve written about them (my recent contract extension, for example), but no one should make decisions on the measure of a prophet-like omnipotent dictator based on a single issue any more than one should target the president of the United States with a high powered rifle, just because a voice in your head tells you to overthrow the government and impregnate his wife.

This idea that I am some all-controlling, conspiring Machiavelli who happens to wear nice suits instead of the usual GM attire of white fruit boots and a spandex jump suit (like Al Davis) as I make my way around my “empire” makes me smile. I could fill a couple of hours of talk and a few columns (nee, days and months of both) but it doesn’t make me tingle with excitement like the 900-number calls do. That sort of talk has its roots where talk is $2.99 a minute, never mind the fact that more often it's just plain sick. Besides, if my support of myself is so predictable, how is it any more predictable than the usual criticism I receive from these people? Who do they think they are?? Season ticket holders??? Just wait till I bitch slap them with PSL's!!

No doubt, some who read this will assume that I have called in my sycophants and ordered them to feed me grapes and fan me with palm leaves. Now, think about that for a moment. Would someone as all-controlling or devious as his detractors insist be so foolish to expect that anyone would dare leak such information? And, how is it that someone who is so devious and cunning gets a four year contract extension? Huh? HUH??????

The last time I checked, I can make Rufus tell you what I think by putting my hand up his backside like a nursery school hand puppet. I could give my insight on any number of issues and use my space on a site titled "The President’s Pen," but it's a lot more fun to posture as Rufus.

I could do what Dallas Maverick’s owner Mark Cuban does. Cuban, according Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz, has devised his own web site to respond to what has been said and written about him and his team because “there was not a whole lot of fact-checking done, not a whole lot of accountability,” he believed, and blogging “was my chance to correct what needed to be corrected.” Cuban is apparently very accessible, answering emails from any number of people daily. No doubt caught up in the excitement of his new venture, he believes his blogmaverick.com “has changed how the media deal with me because my team actually wins playoff games.” Maybe he hears voices in his head as I do, I don’t know, but he insists he’s not done it as a way “to get even with people.” (Washington Post, April 11, 2005) What the hell is wrong with him? Getting even with people is why I get out of bed in the morning!!!

My aggressive stance is to no surprise unpopular with the media, especially since I resort to intimidation on a regular basis. I have never resorted to name-calling, except during contract negotiations. And during employee evaluations. And during NFL ownership conferences. And when I get my car from a valet. Or when I order a meal in a restaurant. I choose to largely ignore the media, except for those who are willing to do my personal bidding, such as Bob "The Tool" Gretz and that’s what makes many of my critics angry. When I do speak out on issues, my comments are clearly and precisely dictated to the reporter in world class doublespeak, as can be seen in last Sunday’s column by Joe Posnanski in the Kansas City Star.

GM’s are supposed to make those below him suffer in silence or at least operate with a decorum that is expected in a Stalin-esque dictatorship. It comes with the title, or so the story goes.

Most football teams are typical moribund strongholds of institutionalized mediocrity. They are not enterprises in which any sagacious investor would stake his money much less his career. Too risky, too easy to fall victim to the roar of the plebs. But I like the action. The more crap I get away with, the more confidence I have in my chutzpa and cajones.

Some leaders lead from out in front, others prefer compounds and bodygards. Some are outspoken, others are bound with duct tape. Perhaps it is my straight-forwardness, lack of a gag reflex, gift for not reacting to any team crisis -such as rebuilding a defense- that has deprived me of the unbounded popular worship that some GM’s like George Young enjoyed from the media. I am brash and condescending to the media, and if I could line them all up on a railroad track and drive a freight train over them, that would say it without saying anything at all.

whoman69
04-19-2005, 10:50 AM
This idea that Peterson is some all-controlling, conspiring Machiavelli who happens to wear nice suits instead of the usual GM attire of a golf shirt and Sansabelt slacks as he makes his way around his “empire” may fill a couple of hours of talk and a few columns (nee, days and months of both) but it doesn’t make it true. That sort of talk has its roots in the world of radio where talk is cheap, never mind more often wrong. Besides, if my support of Peterson is so predictable, how is it any more predictable than the usual criticism he receives from these people?
No doubt, some who read this will assume that Peterson has called in his sycophants and ordered them to devise a couple of columns or more in support of him. Now, think about that for a moment. Would someone as all-controlling or devious as his detractors insist be so foolish to expect that anyone would not see through such a stunt? And, how is it that someone who is so devious and cunning can be accused of being so stupid at the same time?

The last time I checked, Peterson can tell you what he thinks without any aid from me. He can give his insight on any number of issues and use his space on this site, titled The President’s Pen, to let anyone know his thoughts. He doesn’t need me or anyone else to give his take on any issue that falls under his purview.

Notice the subtle dig on talk radio. The guy is obsessed.
By using this line of argument, it would be impossible for Carl to be all controlling because he would make his own propoganda. Not that I am comparing CP to Hitler or Sadaam, but are they not contolling despots because they have a propoganda minister?

BigRedChief
04-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Dawes Praises King Carl? Whats next Elton John is gay?

BigChiefFan
04-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Gee, a Chiefs article that kisses the asses of the President of the Chiefs. Dawes is such a suck-ass.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Prodigiously well-researched, informative and opinionated, Rufus Dawes examines media coverage of the Chiefs and football as well as offering a take on the culture of sports. He writes weekly throughout the season and occasionally during the off-season.

I like that tid bit at the very bottom.

dtebbe
04-19-2005, 12:03 PM
And if the headline was Gerring praises Hitler, would you be surprised?

DT

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 12:24 PM
ROFL

htismaqe
04-19-2005, 12:53 PM
The only thing more boring and predictable than Rufus himself is the fact that people will repost it here and then whine about it.

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 12:57 PM
The only thing more boring and predictable than Rufus himself is the fact that people will repost it here and then whine about it.
I just do not understand all of the standoffishness. Shaneo should just get it over with an ask Rufus out on a date.

shaneo69
04-19-2005, 12:58 PM

:)

Logical
04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Most football teams are typical moribund strongholds of institutionalized mediocrity.

Well that certainly describes the Chiefs. He got at least one thing right.

crossbow
04-19-2005, 01:06 PM
"He could do what Dallas Maverick’s owner Mark Cuban does. Cuban, according Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz, has devised his own web site to respond to what has been said and written about him and his team "

Isn't that what the Dawes series is for? At least Cuban doesn't hide behind a pen name.

Logical
04-19-2005, 01:07 PM

So this is no longer a website to help each of us be informed about Chiefs related issues unless it is to post some positive and homerish in nature. Personally I don't read the Chiefs website (at least very infrequently) because it is so poorly put together. I appreciate when people bring articles over here, even if it is just to criticize them.

Logical
04-19-2005, 01:08 PM
"He could do what Dallas Maverick’s owner Mark Cuban does. Cuban, according Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz, has devised his own web site to respond to what has been said and written about him and his team "

Isn't that what the Dawes series is for? At least Cuban doesn't hide behind a pen name.
:clap:

memyselfI
04-19-2005, 01:10 PM
http://upsidedowntv.com/staff%20stuff/Bridget/Bridget-pics/Bridget-KissAss005Thm.JPG
ah, more proof Dufus does, er, loves Carl.

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 01:11 PM
ew

KC Dan
04-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Cuban hasn't been in a world Championship event either... :banghead:

HemiEd
04-19-2005, 01:16 PM
I just do not understand all of the standoffishness. Shaneo should just get it over with an ask Rufus out on a date.
ROFL Are you insinuating "tuff love?" ROFL

whoman69
04-19-2005, 01:20 PM
And if the headline was Gerring praises Hitler, would you be surprised?

DT
Actually the correct metaphor would be Goebbels.

Fat Elvis
04-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Most football teams are typical moribund strongholds of institutionalized mediocrity.

The Kansas City Chiefs, however, feel as though institutionalized mediocrity is a lofty standard that the organization will not allow itself to be bound. With our absence of playoff victories the past decade, One Arrowhead Drive is proud to be the torchbearer of organizational incompetence in the world of professional sports.

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 01:22 PM
ROFL Are you insinuating "tuff love?" ROFL
I just don't see the need for all the flirting and what not. Might as well just put yourself out there and take the leap. Shaneo should ask the guy out.

:)

KCTitus
04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Clearly, this is an attack on our fellow planeteers that espouse the theory that Dawes is a mouthpiece for Carl.

I think a letter to Lamar is in order...

shaneo69
04-19-2005, 02:00 PM
And now a look inside Carl Delano Peterson's Mind as he ghost writes another Rufus column, this time discussing his unabashed admiration for....himself! Let's listen in on the narrative going through Carl mind as he sits at the keyboard:

DAWES: THE VOICE INSIDE CARL'S HEAD

Full disclosure. I'm seriously, desperately in love with the Chiefs Longest Tenured General Manager in Professional Sport, me. DOH! I mean president/general manager/ceo/poop does not stink poohbah Carl Peterson. I'm infatuated with my business savvy. I have no management envy, although I have a couple of other well known kinds of envy. That's not for public discussion. I especially love my obsession, I mean, penchant never to be driven by the whims of popularity or sanity. I admire my willingness to delegate responsibility and blame for decisions that don’t work out the way I would have wanted. But I have never told my inner Rufus what to write, not once. Only what to think, do and say.

I don’t mince, slice or dice words when I write about myself, but they’re my words, as I have to translate everything I say from Latin. I agree with every move I tell the Chiefs to make and I’ve written about them (my recent contract extension, for example), but no one should make decisions on the measure of a prophet-like omnipotent dictator based on a single issue any more than one should target the president of the United States with a high powered rifle, just because a voice in your head tells you to overthrow the government and impregnate his wife.

This idea that I am some all-controlling, conspiring Machiavelli who happens to wear nice suits instead of the usual GM attire of white fruit boots and a spandex jump suit (like Al Davis) as I make my way around my “empire” makes me smile. I could fill a couple of hours of talk and a few columns (nee, days and months of both) but it doesn’t make me tingle with excitement like the 900-number calls do. That sort of talk has its roots where talk is $2.99 a minute, never mind the fact that more often it's just plain sick. Besides, if my support of myself is so predictable, how is it any more predictable than the usual criticism I receive from these people? Who do they think they are?? Season ticket holders??? Just wait till I bitch slap them with PSL's!!

No doubt, some who read this will assume that I have called in my sycophants and ordered them to feed me grapes and fan me with palm leaves. Now, think about that for a moment. Would someone as all-controlling or devious as his detractors insist be so foolish to expect that anyone would dare leak such information? And, how is it that someone who is so devious and cunning gets a four year contract extension? Huh? HUH??????

The last time I checked, I can make Rufus tell you what I think by putting my hand up his backside like a nursery school hand puppet. I could give my insight on any number of issues and use my space on a site titled "The President’s Pen," but it's a lot more fun to posture as Rufus.

I could do what Dallas Maverick’s owner Mark Cuban does. Cuban, according Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz, has devised his own web site to respond to what has been said and written about him and his team because “there was not a whole lot of fact-checking done, not a whole lot of accountability,” he believed, and blogging “was my chance to correct what needed to be corrected.” Cuban is apparently very accessible, answering emails from any number of people daily. No doubt caught up in the excitement of his new venture, he believes his blogmaverick.com “has changed how the media deal with me because my team actually wins playoff games.” Maybe he hears voices in his head as I do, I don’t know, but he insists he’s not done it as a way “to get even with people.” (Washington Post, April 11, 2005) What the hell is wrong with him? Getting even with people is why I get out of bed in the morning!!!

My aggressive stance is to no surprise unpopular with the media, especially since I resort to intimidation on a regular basis. I have never resorted to name-calling, except during contract negotiations. And during employee evaluations. And during NFL ownership conferences. And when I get my car from a valet. Or when I order a meal in a restaurant. I choose to largely ignore the media, except for those who are willing to do my personal bidding, such as Bob "The Tool" Gretz and that’s what makes many of my critics angry. When I do speak out on issues, my comments are clearly and precisely dictated to the reporter in world class doublespeak, as can be seen in last Sunday’s column by Joe Posnanski in the Kansas City Star.

GM’s are supposed to make those below him suffer in silence or at least operate with a decorum that is expected in a Stalin-esque dictatorship. It comes with the title, or so the story goes.

Most football teams are typical moribund strongholds of institutionalized mediocrity. They are not enterprises in which any sagacious investor would stake his money much less his career. Too risky, too easy to fall victim to the roar of the plebs. But I like the action. The more crap I get away with, the more confidence I have in my chutzpa and cajones.

Some leaders lead from out in front, others prefer compounds and bodygards. Some are outspoken, others are bound with duct tape. Perhaps it is my straight-forwardness, lack of a gag reflex, gift for not reacting to any team crisis -such as rebuilding a defense- that has deprived me of the unbounded popular worship that some GM’s like George Young enjoyed from the media. I am brash and condescending to the media, and if I could line them all up on a railroad track and drive a freight train over them, that would say it without saying anything at all.

That's rep. :thumb:

htismaqe
04-19-2005, 04:17 PM
So this is no longer a website to help each of us be informed about Chiefs related issues unless it is to post some positive and homerish in nature. Personally I don't read the Chiefs website (at least very infrequently) because it is so poorly put together. I appreciate when people bring articles over here, even if it is just to criticize them.

Wow, I can have ALOT of fun with this.

You're asking me if this site is no longer meant to be informative. Are you suggesting that Rufus Dawes is informative? ROFL ROFL ROFL Because shane certainly didn't do anything but repost Rufus' latest column.

Of course, I don't expect you to see that this has nothing to do with being "positive" or "homerish". It's not in your nature to think before reacting to anything or anyone who would dare criticize someone for disagreeing with Rufus Dawes.

Of course, it's completely lost on you and the rest of the people bitching on this thread that by reposting Rufus' article on a message board, under a fake name, and then taking potshots at it is doing EXACTLY WHAT RUFUS DOES.

So enjoy acting like Rufus Dawes.

shaneo69
04-19-2005, 05:10 PM

You're asking me if this site is no longer meant to be informative. Are you suggesting that Rufus Dawes is informative? ROFL ROFL ROFL Because shane certainly didn't do anything but repost Rufus' latest column.

Of course, it's completely lost on you and the rest of the people bitching on this thread that by reposting Rufus' article on a message board, under a fake name, and then taking potshots at it is doing EXACTLY WHAT RUFUS DOES.

I re-post Rufus' articles here purely for entertainment purposes. Nothing informative about 'em.

htismaqe
04-19-2005, 07:19 PM
I re-post Rufus' articles here purely for entertainment purposes. Nothing informative about 'em.

You should have checked with Logical before you posted that.

You just destroyed his complaint.

Logical
04-19-2005, 07:30 PM

Of course, I don't expect you to see that this has nothing to do with being "positive" or "homerish". It's not in your nature to think before reacting to anything or anyone who would dare criticize someone for disagreeing with Rufus Dawes.

So enjoy acting like Rufus Dawes.

I think most everyone on this BB knows my real name. I know you do. So I take it you know who Dawes really is for a fact? I do find his articles informative because despite the disclaimer I believe he does represent the views of the Chiefs front office and most likely is Carl's mouthpiece. Whether you dislike the message it is better to know the views of the organization than to be blind to them. I know you are not a homer, I just don't get why you don't want to hear the views of people that represent (at least to some extent) the Chiefs. As to whining about those views, which is worse those who whine about Rufus, or those who whine about the whiners. Seem pretty equal if you ask me.

For anybody that can rightfully claim I am anonymous, my name is Jim Reynolds. I use Vlad Logicslav because it is fun. Parker can feel free to change my username to Jim Reynolds if it will help dispel the notion that I want to be anonymous.

shaneo69
04-19-2005, 07:50 PM
You should have checked with Logical before you posted that.

You just destroyed his complaint.

Wasn't trying to defend him.

crossbow
04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
I have one final take on this Rufus Dawes thing. If, as he says, Carl is so "savy" and clever then why can't he see how rediculous the Rufus Dawes articles make him and the Chiefs look?

Carl needs to calm his boy down. It is starting to get embarassing. I hope other fans don't go to the Chiefs site and read those tirades. Also, the Rufus Dawes articles are THE prime example of how NOT to write. They are arogant ramblings that take too long to reach the points he is trying to make. The guy comes off like he thinks he is a Shakespear wannabe. But fails at it badly.

Logical
04-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I have one final take on this Rufus Dawes thing. If, as he says, Carl is so "savy" and clever then why can't he see how rediculous the Rufus Dawes articles make him and the Chiefs look?

Carl needs to calm his boy down. It is starting to get embarassing. I hope other fans don't go to the Chiefs site and read those tirades. Also, the Rufus Dawes articles are THE prime example of how NOT to write. They are arogant ramblings that take too long to reach the points he is trying to make. The guy comes off like he thinks he is a Shakespear wannabe. But fails at it badly.

Hopefully it was just a typo, but it is "ridiculous"

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 05:36 AM
I think most everyone on this BB knows my real name. I know you do. So I take it you know who Dawes really is for a fact? I do find his articles informative because despite the disclaimer I believe he does represent the views of the Chiefs front office and most likely is Carl's mouthpiece. Whether you dislike the message it is better to know the views of the organization than to be blind to them. I know you are not a homer, I just don't get why you don't want to hear the views of people that represent (at least to some extent) the Chiefs. As to whining about those views, which is worse those who whine about Rufus, or those who whine about the whiners. Seem pretty equal if you ask me.

For anybody that can rightfully claim I am anonymous, my name is Jim Reynolds. I use Vlad Logicslav because it is fun. Parker can feel free to change my username to Jim Reynolds if it will help dispel the notion that I want to be anonymous.

Well, were you the one that posted the Dawes article? If not, then I wasn't talking about YOU, was I?

shaneo69
04-20-2005, 09:04 AM
The Kansas City Chiefs, however, feel as though institutionalized mediocrity is a lofty standard that the organization will not allow itself to be bound. With our absence of playoff victories the past decade, One Arrowhead Drive is proud to be the torchbearer of organizational incompetence in the world of professional sports.

ROFL

Logical
04-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Well, were you the one that posted the Dawes article? If not, then I wasn't talking about YOU, was I?

You quoted me with the response that engendered that post, how silly of me to think you were responding to me.

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 04:12 PM
You quoted me with the response that engendered that post, how silly of me to think you were responding to me.

I was responding to you. I was not, however, saying that you were the person hiding behind a fake name...

Seriously, you're so pissed off at the Chiefs it's made you BLIND.