PDA

View Full Version : Medical MJ, do you believe?

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 01:05 PM
It should be legal for medical purposes?
It has a medical benefit?

I have personally seen overwhelming evidence now that it definately helps with cancer and migrains.

Pennywise
04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
I think it should, but nothing helps get thru the day better than a 1000mg shot of fukitol.

NewChief
04-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Yes to both. Hands down. It's idiocy that it's not. That being said, much of the MM movement in California is a farce and damages the overall cause, imo. There are way too many people enrolled as "patients" that have no legitimate medical condition requiring its use.

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 01:10 PM
My doctor says I need it to get high.
Endelt does have a great Doctor.

http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/Kennedy_HS/students/spring_2004/dr.dre.jpg

Bowser
04-19-2005, 01:12 PM
I agree with NewChief.

They should really just legalize the shit. The govt could make a fortune on the taxes.

el borracho
04-19-2005, 01:28 PM
It has some medicinal value.

It should legal even without a prescription.

I am very curious to see what happens in Canada in the next decade or so with marijuana now legal and gay marriage now legal. I wonder how the anti crowd will react when there are no disasters related to either.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Yes to both. Hands down. It's idiocy that it's not. That being said, much of the MM movement in California is a farce and damages the overall cause, imo. There are way too many people enrolled as "patients" that have no legitimate medical condition requiring its use.

I got to experience the process first hand recently when I took a friend of mine in who had migrains for their medical card. She was on the 3rd day of being in pain and had blurred vision and was throwing up it was so bad. You can tell when you get there that there are those who get cards for illegitimate reasons but I couldn't give a rats ass. After she finally got her card she picked up a little Purple Erkle and took a hit. Within 10 minutes her migraine was almost completely gone. We then went to a club to pick her up some clones so she can have her own as there are no medical places close to where she lives. She is growing the best bud in the world now. AK-47, Hazex5 and Blueberry. I have seen 2 people with cancer benefit from using it as well, it really helped them get through treatment. Call me sold, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Where's the, "I could give a f*ck less about its medicinal value and believe it should be legal." poll option?

We had already done that and I was just curious how people felt about it's medical legitimacy.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Got a lil bit of Blueberry Yum Yum
and I neva would of thought that they could taste this goooooood
Thank God for the man who put it in my hoooooood

Taco John
04-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Its got me singin melodies I neva thought i woooouuuuld

Taco John
04-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Im feelin sorry for the homies that be smokin wooood

Saulbadguy
04-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Where is the option for:

"I don't think its dangerous, I don't know if it has medicinal value or not, and I don't think it should be illegal, but I think its a stupid thing to put in your body?"

NewChief
04-19-2005, 01:36 PM
I got to experience the process first hand recently when I took a friend of mine in who had migrains for their medical card. She was on the 3rd day of being in pain and had blurred vision and was throwing up it was so bad. You can tell when you get there that there are those who get cards for illegitimate reasons but I couldn't give a rats ass. After she finally got her card she picked up a little Purple Erkle and took a hit. Within 10 minutes her migraine was almost completely gone. We then went to a club to pick her up some clones so she can have her own as there are no medical places close to where she lives. She is growing the best bud in the world now. AK-47, Hazex5 and Blueberry. I have seen 2 people with cancer benefit from using it as well, it really helped them get through treatment. Call me sold, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

I know both growers and brokers in Cali. As I said, there's definitely legitimate medical usage. As you said, there are also people that abuse it. I, personally, think it should just be legal, period. I doubt that's going to happen, and think that Medical usage has a much better chance of being accepted. As such, I think the illegitimate medical users in Cali are making the system look bad to folks in other states.

But hell, forget about medical usage, what about industrial usage? It's absolutely insane that we can't grow freaking hemp in the US. You can't even get high off industrial hemp, and it's an absolute wonder material.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Got a lil bit of Blueberry Yum Yum
and I neva would of thought that they could taste this goooooood
Thank God for the man who put it in my hoooooood

Little Blueberry huh?

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 01:39 PM
I know both growers and brokers in Cali. As I said, there's definitely legitimate medical usage. As you said, there are also people that abuse it. I, personally, think it should just be legal, period. I doubt that's going to happen, and think that Medical usage has a much better chance of being accepted. As such, I think the illegitimate medical users in Cali are making the system look bad to folks in other states.

But hell, forget about medical usage, what about industrial usage? It's absolutely insane that we can't grow freaking hemp in the US. You can't even get high off industrial hemp, and it's an absolute wonder material.

The fact that Hemp is illegal is just completely insane, I agree.

NewChief
04-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Decided to do a little searching on the ban on industrial hemp in the States and found this interesting article:
http://www.newstarget.com/000943.html

Taco John
04-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Where is the option for:

"I don't think its dangerous, I don't know if it has medicinal value or not, and I don't think it should be illegal, but I think its a stupid thing to put in your body?"

You're right. There should be a "I'm completely ignorant about this subject" option... ;)

Saulbadguy
04-19-2005, 01:48 PM
You're right. There should be a "I'm completely ignorant about this subject" option... ;)
The coveted "Taco John" option? :p

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Wow... look at all the pretty crystals.

This is the other clone she got AK47. This is 20% pure THC. The Blueberry is 19%. Both are some of the highest amounts out there and easy to grow. They really hooked her up.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 01:53 PM
The coveted "Taco John" option? :p

I might not partake anymore, but I assure you I'm not ignorant about this subject.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Must be nice to have your own blueberry growin' in the house. You have any idea what I'd pay for something of that quality?

$50 bucks?

Taco John
04-19-2005, 02:01 PM
If I wanted something of that quality, I'd expect to spend around $100 for a quarter.

If I were a regular smoker, and had steady hookups I suppose it's possible I might be able to find it cheaper.

Ah... When I was last buying, a quarter was rich boy quantities... Soooooooo I could only afford that much in August and January... I'm sure you can guess why. :D

So I'm programmed to think in terms of eigths... In which I was dead on.

We were paying $50 a bag for the Blueberry/Matanuska mix that filtered down through Canada from Alaska. We had a funny name for it... "Motivational weed." Mostly because it made you want to get up and do things... get active, and get shit accomplished...

hehe... Fun times...

Hydrae
04-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Where's the, "I could give a f*ck less about its medicinal value and believe it should be legal." poll option?

I second that.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:06 PM
If it can help Cancer and chemo patients eat, and feel ease of pain.........Let them have it.

I still think it should remain illegal and at least a strong Civil Penalty for lower amounts, felony for dealing.

seclark
04-19-2005, 02:07 PM
I second that.
third...not all of us can get migraines.
sec

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Last time I had something that good all it made me wanna do is sit on the couch and think, "Man... the Bourne Supremacy is really much more intense when you're stoned."

You want heavy Sativa strains, the Indica is what puts you in your seat. Look for that AK-47 or any of the Haze strains.

Mr. Kotter
04-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Marilnol, anyone?

yeah, yeah....nauseau? Other drugs cause it too.... :(

David.
04-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Little Blueberry huh?

oh my god, I just orgasm'd a little

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 02:17 PM
If it can help Cancer and chemo patients eat, and feel ease of pain.........Let them have it.

I still think it should remain illegal and at least a strong Civil Penalty for lower amounts, felony for dealing.

You would overlegislate the whole world if you could bro. The migrains is a big thing. She lost 3 days of work before she got what she needed. She has tried every drug there is to try and deal with these migrains before she resorted to this as well. I don't think anyone should have to go through that.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 02:20 PM

Am I the only one who finds irony in a farmer wanting it to be a felony for selling something that grows from the ground?

Not to mention the irony that if it were made legal, the American farmer wouldn't have to rely on tax dollars to pay the bills anymore...

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:22 PM
yeah BD...........I'm big on overlegistlation. If I had my way, I'd have the Attorney General have a webcam in all of our Homes and vehicles.

Some of your anti-govt stuff gets a little spooky sometimes. Ironically, extra on this date.

I support it for medical purposes. Legit Medical purposes. Every stoner in the country would be trying to get a 3 time/day for Toejam if there weren't some regulation. I'd rather see the chemicals extracted from it, and prescribed in a Pill form. If its only for medicinal purpose, that shouldn't be a problem. Unfiltered weed is horrible for your lungs.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2005, 02:24 PM

I'll bite. Why do you feel it should be illegal?

David.
04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
yeah BD...........I'm big on overlegistlation. If I had my way, I'd have the Attorney General have a webcam in all of our Homes and vehicles.

Some of your anti-govt stuff gets a little spooky sometimes. Ironically, extra on this date.

I support it for medical purposes. Legit Medical purposes. Every stoner in the country would be trying to get a 3 time/day for Toejam if there weren't some regulation. I'd rather see the chemicals extracted from it, and prescribed in a Pill form. If its only for medicinal purpose, that shouldn't be a problem. Unfiltered weed is horrible for your lungs.

THC pills :drool:

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Am I the only one who finds irony in a farmer wanting it to be a felony for selling something that grows from the ground?

Not to mention the irony that if it were made legal, the American farmer wouldn't have to rely on tax dollars to pay the bills anymore...

get bent taco.

You know damn well "the good stuff" mostly comes from you basement HydroPonic guys..........not Joe Farmer.

I wouldn't squeal if it were legalized, but I'd want the shit taxed out of it, and penalties for Unlawful distribution Doubled.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2005, 02:26 PM

Why would you care what someone does to their lungs?

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:26 PM
and what is your life altering Ailment davi.duh?

Ignornance is unfortunately not treatable on your Blue Cross Plan. Your request has been denied.

Should Insurance pay for your Weed Taco?

David.
04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
and what is your life altering Ailment davi.duh?

Ignornance is unfortunately not treatable on your Blue Cross Plan. Your request has been denied.

sweet, sweet, irony

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
420..........I'm sure you're VERY openminded to other views on the subject.

I'm not fighting the drug war today thanks. I know the smokers disagree, but I say its a gateway drug.

I wonder if more tax dollars go to Farmers or towards Drug related crime, damage repair and treatment?

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 02:30 PM

I am not anti-govt at all. I am anti-biggovernment. The role of the government isn't to micromanage everybodies life IMO. THe incarceration rate in this county is up 10 fold in 20 years. Talk about spooky, that scares the hell out of me. Tell me again why you want to lock up a bunch of stoners.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:31 PM
sweet, sweet, irony

OH SHIT! Flush the bag, flush the Bag........the Spelling Police are raiding the thread!

David.
04-19-2005, 02:31 PM
OH SHIT! Flush the bag, flush the Bag........the Spelling Police are raiding the thread!

:Pimp:

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 02:32 PM

It would be cheaper than anything produced by a damn drug company.

jarjar
04-19-2005, 02:34 PM
I don't know how you can think weed shouldn't be illegal if you think Alchohol shouldn't be.

disclaimer: I drink occasionally but never smoke.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 02:37 PM
I say its a gateway drug.

I suppose you think that satan is trying to speak to you secretly when you play your records backwards too. j/k ROFL

David.
04-19-2005, 02:38 PM
I suppose you think that satan is trying to speak to you secretly when you play your records backwards too. j/k ROFL

Oh man, Chicago ROCKS!!

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2005, 02:39 PM
420..........I'm sure you're VERY openminded to other views on the subject.

I'm not fighting the drug war today thanks. I know the smokers disagree, but I say its a gateway drug.

I wonder if more tax dollars go to Farmers or towards Drug related crime, damage repair and treatment?

Actually my friend, I have no intention of debating your views with you or likewise. I was merely curious. As far as my name goes, I know what its appearence says, but the fact is that I quit smokin weed over a month ago and am happier now than I have ever been. I'm cool with everyone having their own opinion. I'm just curious whether you are concerned with the social aspects of it, or if its a matter of you feeling that it's okay to impede on peoples right to do with their bodies as they choose. Either way, it's just your opinion and I respect it.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:40 PM
I personally don't give a shit what you put in your body. I don't really care if its a 100lb watermellon.

When MJ is legal, the Heroin and Coke folks are going to jump up because, after all.....coca and Poppy grow in the ground tooooooo.

jarjar

Rock music is a gateway to Satanism.
Just like guns are a gateway to terrorism.

Taco John
Unfiltered weed is horrible for your lungs.

They've come up with a miraculous invention that makes the effects negligable...

http://www.drbongs.com/product_descriptions/bongs/images/glass_bong_bong-42_big.jpg

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Most of my opinions of drugs come not from the law, school, anti drug ads et al.

They come from seeing friends Burn their minds up, starting in Jr High, knowing people who have OD'd, visiting my HS Best friend in Rehab and jail because he'd rather smoke dope and ingest Meth than take care of his family, and talking to too many "stoner phillosophers".

"yeah maaan, you just don't understaaaaaaaaand how tough my life has beeeeen maaaaan, you seee, life is like.....its like this thing maaaaan, this big thing thats all like...complicated and shit maaaaaaan"

I've known people who were duct taped and shot in the head over drug deals, but don't know anyone shot over beer money. I know we've discussed birth defects from drugs in the past.

Yeah...I also know people who smoke on saturdays and function at a high level.

penguinz
04-19-2005, 02:44 PM
When MJ is legal, the Heroin and Coke folks are going to jump up because, after all.....coca and Poppy grow in the ground tooooooo.This is the most ignorant excuse anyone ever uses for keeping it illegal. Legalizing pot is not going to open the gates to getting hard drugs legalized.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 02:45 PM
get bent taco.

You know damn well "the good stuff" mostly comes from you basement HydroPonic guys..........not Joe Farmer.

I wouldn't squeal if it were legalized, but I'd want the shit taxed out of it, and penalties for Unlawful distribution Doubled.

Are you kidding... Maybe I *am* ignorant on this... But it was always my understanding that the major stuff that floods the NW market is grown in the Matanuska valley of Alaska... Under God's sun...

I imagine there are scattered home grown shops around that get sold around. I just don't know.

You don't need heatlamps to grow plants. Nature does a good job of it by herself.

David.
04-19-2005, 02:46 PM
actually...I don't really care if it get's legalized or not. It's really not gonna keep me from smoking anyways.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2005, 02:46 PM
I personally don't give a shit what you put in your body. I don't really care if its a 100lb watermellon.

When MJ is legal, the Heroin and Coke folks are going to jump up because, after all.....coca and Poppy grow in the ground tooooooo.

Good point. The way I would look at that is, those drugs have to be chemically engineered to have the effects that they have. Marijuana just gets picked, smoked, and dryed. That's just me though. There are a lot of other effects marijuana have that are destructive, however they are only self destructive rather than alcohol which can be destructive to a whole lot of innocent people. JMO

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:47 PM
how is it ignorant?

In this thread we've already had the "weed comes from the ground man" arguement. Does in not fly for Coca leaves too?

taco doesn't want Farmers getting any cash during a drought year.........I don't want to pay for any ODs, drug induced suicide attempts, rehab etc....... It costs me State and Federal tax money, ads burden to the social security and disability funds, as well as Raises insurance rates.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 02:47 PM

I don't think so... But if that's the direction the anti-marijuana lobby wants to take it, so be it. If I had it my way, anyone who wanted the stuff would be able to grow it themselves.

And again, my days are more or less done with the stuff... You grow out of it, unless you've got an addictive personality, in which case, MJ is the least of your concerns.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Chemically engineered? Jungle natives have been chewing Coca leaves for centuries. It hasn't expanded their minds enough for them to conquer the invention of the match yet.

Fine Taco.....Personally, I could care less if you had a couple of plants for personal use.

You going to be giving any of that to the neighbor kid for the Jr High dance to make the light show better?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Coke doesn't have to be "chemically engineered" to do shit.

I thought chemicals were added to all of that stuff before it would get you high. Hell I don't know I've just snorted the sh*t a few times when I was much younger.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:51 PM
The processing of Cocain is done to cut it, clean it and stretch it..........so the "manufacturers" get more profit.

Its the same reason, so many Meth makers have women with bastard children tax payers are already funding, get on WIC, to get free Infomil, which is cooked into meth to make it go further. thats right.......Wefare money, paying to increase Meth profits.

Mr. Kotter
04-19-2005, 02:52 PM
....I quit smokin weed over a month ago ....

OOOOOOoooooooohhhhh!!!

ROFL

I'm not laughing AT you, but that was funny.... ROFL

Taco John
04-19-2005, 02:53 PM
I know the smokers disagree, but I say its a gateway drug.

I like this argument... "I know the people who actually know about the effects might disagree, but I, who have no idea, believe the propaganda that has been shovelled down my throat about it, and I say it's a gateway drug."

Would you characterize beer as a gateway drug?

vailpass
Other shit gets added to coke to make profit margins high, not customers.

Don't step all over my teener.

Mr. Flopnuts
Learn something new everyday. That being said, it is hard to justify the growing from the ground theory if something as devastating as cocaine grows in its natural state. Coke causes problems for non users where as marijuana for the most part doesn't

penguinz
how is it ignorant?

In this thread we've already had the "weed comes from the ground man" arguement. You have to look at the source of that comment. Personally I could care less if it is ligalized or not. Hemp on the other hand I do have a strong opinion on. There is absolutely no logical reason why it is illegal.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Beer could be a gateway drug...yeah.

Raise you hand if you took Meth, Cocain, Heroin, LSD or PCP prior to your first hit of MJ.

Megbert
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
My dad was rather high strung, he'd come home from work pissed yell and scream. Then he'd smoke half a joint or a full one depending. After that he'd be pretty mellow the rest of the night. So to me it does have some benefit. I also beleive it helped him with the Chemo treatments he was going through.

MJ and hemp should be legal.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2005, 02:55 PM
OOOOOOoooooooohhhhh!!!

ROFL

I'm not laughing AT you, but that was funny.... ROFL

lol, yeah I can see why that's funny. Let me say this though, before that month elapsed I was high every single day for 12 solid years. Comparatively speaking a month is a very long time. This is the first time in my adult life that I have been sober. For some of you, that itself is what you'll find really funny. ;)

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't want to pay for any ODs, drug induced suicide attempts, rehab etc....... It costs me State and Federal tax money, ads burden to the social security and disability funds, as well as Raises insurance rates.

Paying to lock up people is WAY more expensive, this just doesn't hold water. There are a bunch of weed smokers right here Iowanian, how many are trying to commit suicide and are ODing? Come on dude, get real.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Its not even grown out of your hair yet.

You ever drive stoned? Operate heavy machinery?

Taco John
04-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Fine Taco.....Personally, I could care less if you had a couple of plants for personal use.

You going to be giving any of that to the neighbor kid for the Jr High dance to make the light show better?

Man, I wouldn't even begin to know where to find weed here. I'm sure I could ask around if I was inclined.

You bring up a good point about kids though. Except that, it's no different that booze... Well, saving the fact that it's much harder for a kid to get booze.

Did you have anyone buying booze for you when you were in high school?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2005, 02:59 PM
What ya got in mind?

In my opinion from my experiences otherwise well grounded individuals go absolutely apesh*t when they get strung out on that stuff and don't have anymore. They get violent and criminal. I've seen friends rob stores, and break into houses to get money to buy that sh*t. It has a much larger effect on the psych than does maryjane. JMO

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah........I drank beer in HS, and saw negative consequences of that too.

You don't see me radically against MJ....I just am in the camp that its a slippery slope. If there were a vote today, for very specific useage, I'd vote "yes" today for MM.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 03:01 PM

Raise you hand if you took Meth, Cocain, Heroin, LSD or PCP prior to your first hit of MJ.

Raise your hand if you didn't do any of that stuff afterward...

Now raise your hand if you smoked a cigarette, or accepted a hit of weed after getting a few beers in you...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2005, 03:01 PM

I drove stoned for 12 years. I have never been in an accident, nor gotten a speeding ticket. In most part because I was too paranoid to put myself in a position to get pulled over.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah........I drank beer in HS, and saw negative consequences of that too.

You don't see me radically against MJ....I just am in the camp that its a slippery slope. If there were a vote today, for very specific useage, I'd vote "yes" today for MM.

NICE!!!

Brock
04-19-2005, 03:05 PM
It's definitely not a gateway drug. If you are inclined to take drugs, you probably will, regardless of what drug you are introduced to first.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Paying to lock up people is WAY more expensive, this just doesn't hold water. There are a bunch of weed smokers right here Iowanian, how many are trying to commit suicide and are ODing? Come on dude, get real.

Personally, I don't think possession of a doobie or two should get someone time. I think it should be a $150/doobie fine or something...A civil penalty similar to MIP(minor w/ beer). If you've got 4 acres of hippy lettuce in your back yard........you should do time.

I know I'm probably of a minority opinion on the subject. I'm ok with that.
I'm not playing 70's movies portraying any smoker as a psychotic rage machine. I'm saying I've seen alot of bad, drug related shit in my life. It has formed my opinion, no differently than watching my grandparents hacking out chunks of Lung and blood from Lung cancer, have formed my opinion of smoking....

If you're saying these things are untrue.........come on dude, get real.

there are obviously some very highly functioning successful posters with a habit.........more power to them. We've also got posters who have really dicked up their lives and that of their families with drugs.

RIght now...on the radio...they're talking about an RV manufacturing company in Goshing? Indiana...........1/3 of the employees were just fired for testing positive on drug tests.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Reefer Madness..............I think that was the name of the film I was thinking of a minute ago.

Skip Towne
04-19-2005, 03:08 PM

Raise your hand if you took Meth, cocaine, Heroin, LSD or PCP prior to your first taste of Pepsi Cola.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 03:09 PM

You know anyone who works in excavation? Go find an excavation crew in your area, and start asking around for weed. You're not going to have trouble finding it.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Not even close to comparable Skip, no matter how many times you smoke that thought.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 03:14 PM
there are obviously some very highly functioning successful posters with a habit.........more power to them. We've also got posters who have really dicked up their lives and that of their families with drugs.

Ah, the liberal mindset... The libbies are making the same argument about privatizing social security. "If everybody can't handle it, then nobody should be allowed to."

Skip Towne
04-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Not even close to comparable Skip, no matter how many times you smoke that thought.
My statement is no more ridiculous than yours. They are both ridiculous.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 03:18 PM
BOO!

LOOK OUT SKIP! A cop is behind you.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 03:22 PM
BOO!

LOOK OUT Wajan! A stoner is about to pop in a Tarantino flick!

CosmicPal
04-19-2005, 03:24 PM
When you're in excrutiating pain someday, and the doctors look at you and says- "Too bad, medicinal marijuana would really make you feel better had it been legal." And he proceeds to stick you with some synthetic drug that will kill the pain but might make your hair fall out or something like that- that is when you will be saying to yourself as your eyeballs feel like a defensive lineman is sitting on your face- that is when you'll shake your head and say, "WHY!?"

But, of course, you'll never end up needing medicinal marijuana- you're in perfect health.

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 03:25 PM
It's okay. Apparently their dog has a cold.
ROFL

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 03:27 PM
It's okay. Apparently their dog has a cold.

Classic!!!

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 03:27 PM
BOO!

LOOK OUT Wajan! A stoner is about to pop in a Tarantino flick!

Keep your hands off that new bag of brand name cheese poofs I have specifically set asside for pRon watching, Or I'll cut off your bong lighting finger with a rusty spoon.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 03:28 PM
I missed the reference. Whats the Dog Cold Line from? dazed and Confused?

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 03:32 PM
I missed the reference. Whats the Dog Cold Line from? dazed and Confused?

No it was the drug sniffing dog the cops used on Skip.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 03:33 PM
When you're in excrutiating pain someday, and the doctors look at you and says- "Too bad, medicinal marijuana would really make you feel better had it been legal." And he proceeds to stick you with some synthetic drug that will kill the pain but might make your hair fall out or something like that- that is when you will be saying to yourself as your eyeballs feel like a defensive lineman is sitting on your face- that is when you'll shake your head and say, "WHY!?"

But, of course, you'll never end up needing medicinal marijuana- you're in perfect health.

I don't think I require that lecture. I've done my time with pain after surgeries, because my body doesn't like Pain killers I guess.

If you put the roach down long enough to take a second look, you'll see that at least 3 times in this thread, I've said I was ok with medical MJ and would vote for it today. I do not support it being legal for your romomate induced, sprained labia.

In the past year, I watched an aunt's skin burn and melt off from a reaction to chemo........suffer for months and die. I've buried 2 grandparents and at least 3 other relatives from lung cancer...............a month ago, I watched a toddler die of Lukemia. I've seen my share of cancer treatment and its results.

Oddly enough.....its the Cancer treatment that makes their hair fall out, not the pain killers.

If some THC pill would have given my aunt some comfort when the morphine wasn't working, or allowed her to eat a popcycle without barfing...........I'd have paid for it myself.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 03:38 PM
If some THC pill would have given my aunt some comfort when the morphine wasn't working, or allowed her to eat a popcycle without barfing...........I'd have paid for it myself.

Just make her a chocolate chip cookie cannibutter.

CosmicPal
04-19-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't think I require that lecture...If you put the roach down long enough to take a second look, you'll see that at least 3 times in this thread, I've said I was ok with medical MJ and would vote for it today.

I wasn't talking directly to you Iowanian. I apologize, but I was directing the original post to anyone who didn't support MM. MM has absolutely nothing to do with sitting around with your homeboys and pulling joints while listening to Widespread Panic albums and watching Cheech & Chong reruns. MM has it's rightful place in the hospitals just like all other drugs. It provides a cure in some cases, but in almost all cases- it relieves pain.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the pain inflicted upon your family, and my heart goes out to you, but I wasn't talking to you....sorry.

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 03:45 PM

If you cut and inch or two every 3 months or so it does...:thumb:

and yes and yes...........ROFL

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Great... the example of marijuana's negative effects has arrived.

ROFL........nice to see you to baby.......:)

CosmicPal
04-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Great... the example of marijuana's negative effects has arrived.

Don't you have some grain alcohol to drink?

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Don't you have some grain alcohol to drink?

:thumb:

Abba-Dabba
04-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Oh sure, glossy it over, potheads. You think THC is your friend? HA! THC is the debil.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 04:23 PM
I can sure see why dp4me, and dense's hubby's would want to remain high, all the time.

Abba-Dabba
04-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Now let me tell you a thing or two. I am personally putting my erradication efforts of marijuana to the forefront of my duties as a Merican. One joint at a time.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 04:31 PM
just reading dp4me's posts is about enough to make me reach for a fired huka.

elvomito
04-19-2005, 04:47 PM
for the needy who want to completely protect their lungs:
http://www.cannabrex.com/home.htm

or just minimize lung damage from smoking:
http://www.overgrow.com/vaporizer.php
" Volcano Vaporizer " is the highest rated

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 04:52 PM
I can sure see why dp4me, and dense's hubby's would want to remain high, all the time.

Who said my husband smoked? :rolleyes:

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 04:54 PM
just reading dp4me's posts is about enough to make me reach for a fired huka.

killer...can you do me a favor and speak english.....ROFL

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Who said my husband smoked? :rolleyes:
It is only logical.

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 04:56 PM
It is only logical.

See what logical will get you.......he can't stand either kind of smoke..:)

Skip Towne
04-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Thread killer!!

Logical
04-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Actually I believe it should be legal but controlled period not limited by medical prescription, just by a stamp like the cigarette stamp all tobacco companies must pay.

Logical
04-19-2005, 05:53 PM

You blew that call.

Calcountry
04-19-2005, 05:53 PM
get bent taco.

I wouldn't squeal if it were legalized, but I'd want the shit taxed out of it, and penalties for Unlawful distribution Doubled.Agreed, make it legal, tax the fug out of it, and let the potheads stone their minds into oblivian all they want.

Then we can invent government programs to aid the permanently stoned, that can no longer have a proper neural synapse due to 30 years of stonage.

WOhooo, DUUUUDe.

Calcountry
04-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Why would you care what someone does to their lungs?Then why the fug does everyone get bent over smoking, the regular kind, in restaurants?

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 05:57 PM
killer...can you do me a favor and speak english.....ROFL

You want it said again, in Plain, Iowanian English?

Alright.

I'm saying, that I think you are an annoying enough, nagging Wench, to make John Ashcroft and the Pope turn to drugs, if they were locked in a minivan with you for 3 minutes. The same timeframe might just drive me to smoking Opium.

It would only make sense that your husband would have to numb his senses to make it through a week.

Poor, Poor man.

Logical
04-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Then why the fug does everyone get bent over smoking, the regular kind, in restaurants?

Because we don't care what you do to f*ck yourself up, but keep the enclosed environment smoke free.:thumb:

Skip Towne
04-19-2005, 06:01 PM
It takes a special kind of talent to kill a pot thread around here.
ROFL Very true. They'll usually go 300 posts.

Skip Towne
04-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Agreed, make it legal, tax the fug out of it, and let the potheads stone their minds into oblivian all they want.

Then we can invent government programs to aid the permanently stoned, that can no longer have a proper neural synapse due to 30 years of stonage.

WOhooo, DUUUUDe.
Pure speculation. I've been doing it nearly continuously since 1968. Neural synapses are fine, thank you. What about the gubment money they have wasted locking people up for MJ?

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Haha, the poll says Do Do

http://www.mmgtech.com/images/nerdy%20kid.jpg

Calcountry
04-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Raise your hand if you didn't do any of that stuff afterward...

Now raise your hand if you smoked a cigarette, or accepted a hit of weed after getting a few beers in you...Some fugger tried to get me to break a personal oath when I was drunk, he didn't think I would notice the difference between a cig and a joint and asked me to "light this for him".

Smoke all you want, I don't care, but don't give me shit when I politely refuse to smoke, thats all.

I made an oath unto myself at age 10 that I would never do MJ, and I have kept it.

If any of you don't like that, and you think less of me because of it, well then, you can just go get bent.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Skip and the Stoners are a great band, who see their Neural processes working at warp speed. The sober world, sees things a little differently.

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Uh-oh. I think Zach's stoned.
I have never smoked actually. Kind of weird. My friends do every now and then. Just never attracted to it. If I were to do it I am sure I would make the "As long as you don't do it to much and don't do it alone rule" I have that applies to drinking. That has worked out well for me.

Inspector
04-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Too many people make money off of it for it to ever be legal for any purpose.

Besides, we wouldn't have any good excuse to let the child molesters out of jail if we didn't need to make room for those consenting adults who decide to cause harm to their own bodies.

IMO, most people who believe it should be illegal are either making money from it, have a family member making money from it, or just simply have some sort of need to control others.

People who make money from it being illegal = police, prosecutors, judges, prison guards, wardens, contractors who build prisons, bail bondsmen, etc...I'm sure there are more.

I personally have no desire to dictate to another consenting adult what they should or should not do to their own body. And I would prefer our crime fighting dollars (police, prisons, etc...) be used to apprehend and lock up anyone who would harm another person - including your children who are targted by the child molesters who are released from jail to make room......

CosmicPal
04-19-2005, 06:10 PM
I made an oath unto myself at age 10 that I would never do MJ, and I have kept it.

If any of you don't like that, and you think less of me because of it, well then, you can just go get bent.

I made an oath at 10 never to contract kooties. I broke that oath a couple of years later and have been enjoying it since.

Calcountry
04-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Because we don't care what you do to f*ck yourself up, but keep the enclosed environment smoke free.:thumb:good point

Logical
04-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Some fugger tried to get me to break a personal oath when I was drunk, he didn't think I would notice the difference between a cig and a joint and asked me to "light this for him".

Smoke all you want, I don't care, but don't give me shit when I politely refuse to smoke, thats all.

It was that virginity pledge that you have kept that I just don't get.

Inspector
04-19-2005, 06:14 PM
ROFL ROFL

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 06:14 PM
ROFL

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 06:20 PM
You want it said again, in Plain, Iowanian English?

Alright.

I'm saying, that I think you are an annoying enough, nagging Wench, to make John Ashcroft and the Pope turn to drugs, if they were locked in a minivan with you for 3 minutes. The same timeframe might just drive me to smoking Opium.

It would only make sense that your husband would have to numb his senses to make it through a week.

Poor, Poor man.

What am I nagging about killer....or are you just mad because you can't control me like you wanna do all other women in your life.....ROFL

I drive a truck thank you.....:harumph:

Did you ever think it was the other way around........that I might smoke one to put up with him... :) and by the way....what kind of good stuff you getting that makes you numb? :hmmm:
l

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 06:23 PM
What am I nagging about
Are you actually trying to tell us that you do not nag on this message board? :jester:

Logical
04-19-2005, 06:23 PM
What am I nagging about killer....or are you just mad because you can't control me like you wanna do all other women in your life.....ROFL

Did you ever think it was the other way around........that I might smoke one to put up with him... :) and by the way....what kind of good stuff you getting that makes you numb? :hmmm:
l

This be some weak ass smack. Turn it up a notch or don't play.

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Skip and the Stoners are a great band, who see their Neural processes working at warp speed. The sober world, sees things a little differently.

Was that a picture of your wife?:)

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 06:25 PM
This be some weak ass smack. Turn it up a notch or don't play.

To me....smack is pretty much like lying...I don't lie.

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 06:27 PM
To me....smack is pretty much like lying...I don't lie.
And all this time I thought Gunther_Fan was the dumbest person on this board.

You hear that GF! You are off the hook buddy!!

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 06:30 PM
And all this time I thought Gunther_Fan was the dumbest person on this board.

You hear that GF! You are off the hook buddy!!

Liar Liar.....now go to your room...you have said a dozen or more times...chiefs4me is the dumbest. Now you say it's GF.....:rolleyes:

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Liar Liar.....now go to your room...you have said a dozen or more times...chiefs4me is the dumbest. Now you say it's GF.....:rolleyes:
I don't know GF held the spot long before you stunk up this place with your posts. Maybe its a tie. I will have to think about it for a while. If you want the title that bad I can give it to you. ROFL

Is your son staying away from the cops these days?

Calcountry
04-19-2005, 06:33 PM
It was that virginity pledge that you have kept that I just don't get.:hmmm: I have two kids, :shrug:

I realize you were attempting to be funny, but. :shake:

morphius
I guess IMO its just easier to have it be illegal. Both it and cigs are horrible on your lungs. Its one of those things that if people were half way intelligent it wouldn't be an issue, but generally people are stupid. You can have as many cigs as you want and can still drive, you can have a couple drinks and still drive, I don't believe the same can be said about this drug.

teedubya
damn, im going outside for a bit.

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 06:39 PM
I don't know GF held the spot long before you stunk up this place with your posts. Maybe its a tie. I will have to think about it for a while. If you want the title that bad I can give it to you. ROFL

Is your son staying away from the cops these days?

Well of course not..2 houses down the street lives the constable...the one who caught him....and it's a small town, everybody knows everybody..:thumb:

Skip Towne
04-19-2005, 07:03 PM
I have never smoked actually. Kind of weird. My friends do every now and then. Just never attracted to it. If I were to do it I am sure I would make the "As long as you don't do it to much and don't do it alone rule" I have that applies to drinking. That has worked out well for me.
Do you avoid contact with females for the same reasons?

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Do you avoid contact with females for the same reasons?
I don't avoid contact with females at all...

I love spending time with females.

CosmicPal
04-19-2005, 07:14 PM
I guess IMO its just easier to have it be illegal. Both it and cigs are horrible on your lungs. Its one of those things that if people were half way intelligent it wouldn't be an issue, but generally people are stupid. You can have as many cigs as you want and can still drive, you can have a couple drinks and still drive, I don't believe the same can be said about this drug.

We're only talking about legalizing it for medicinal purposes- not for recreational use. Most people who need medicinal marijuana are not going to be driving to your local K-Mart to pick up a lawnchair every five minutes.

Now, if you want to legalize the drug entirely- well Hell- that's another whole issue right there. :D

Logical
04-19-2005, 07:15 PM
:hmmm: I have two kids, :shrug:

I realize you were attempting to be funny, but. :shake:

Damn Northern Californians always screwing with a good joke.

Logical
04-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Well of course not..2 houses down the street lives the constable...the one who caught him....and it's a small town, everybody knows everybody..:thumb:

I have been meaning to ask WTF is someone from Texas writing Constable?

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm in favor of Teamocil!

Jenny Gump
04-19-2005, 08:05 PM
I believe. When my grandma was dying of ovarian cancer, my mom took some weed to her at the hospital and got her high almost every day. My grandma was one of these God fearing, fly-right, old fashioned types who would never have dreamt of smoking pot. She did however, thank my mom, and it was one of the few ways we could make her comfortable.

The nurses knew what was happening and turned their head to it.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 08:37 PM
I believe. When my grandma was dying of ovarian cancer, my mom took some weed to her at the hospital and got her high almost every day. My grandma was one of these God fearing, fly-right, old fashioned types who would never have dreamt of smoking pot. She did however, thank my mom, and it was one of the few ways we could make her comfortable.

The nurses knew what was happening and turned their head to it.

It makes a big difference for them from a pain standpoint as well as appetite. Nothing makes you want to eat more than a little weed.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 08:39 PM
I don't avoid contact with females at all...

I love spending time with females.

I am sure they find you as safe as their other girlfriends. Can we call this your official coming out post?

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 08:45 PM
I guess IMO its just easier to have it be illegal.
Easier? Cost of legislating and enforcing this law is ridiculous, no it is not easier.

Both it and cigs are horrible on your lungs. Its one of those things that if people were half way intelligent it wouldn't be an issue, but generally people are stupid.

I would agree with you that people are stupid however is it stupid take a hit or two if it keeps you from having a migain for days? What about the side effects of all the drugs the pharmaceutical companies would rather you ram down your trap? Is it stupid that people with cancer risk the side effects of taking a hit here and there as opposed to dealing with their already life threatening situation?

You can have as many cigs as you want and can still drive, you can have a couple drinks and still drive, I don't believe the same can be said about this drug.

OK :rolleyes:

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 08:59 PM
I am sure they find you as safe as their other girlfriends. Can we call this your official coming out post?
ROFL Sorry to dissapoint you bud. Still straight over here.

the Talking Can
04-19-2005, 09:04 PM
The costs of the drug war are staggering.

The is absolutely no justification for it, and it represents the absolute cowardice and ignorance of our elected officials.

A sane day will come though....in like 50 years.

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2005, 09:05 PM
The costs of the drug war are staggering.But... but... it's easier. :rolleyes:

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Do these effectively hide my thunder?

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 09:41 PM

l

If you need more proof that Pot causes drain bamage, I'll never convince you.

The Defense Rests.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Was that a picture of your wife?:)

We all know why your husband can't get to the planet.....

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Question for the smokers.

This evening.......when grilling dinner, I had 1 beer. I had 1 beer, because it tasted good.

Serious Question.
Does one EVER smoke MJ just because they like the taste? Do you get "high" every time?

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 09:52 PM

The Defense Rests.

Aw killer.... I love how you make me laugh...;)

Sweetdreams

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Question for the smokers.

This evening.......when grilling dinner, I had 1 beer. I had 1 beer, because it tasted good.

Serious Question.
Does one EVER smoke MJ just because they like the taste? Do you get "high" every time?

Less filling.

Mr. Kotter
04-19-2005, 09:56 PM
...And, yes morphius, sometimes that includes driving somewhere.

Is your driving at ALL effected? Serious question... :hmmm:

morphius
04-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Easier? Cost of legislating and enforcing this law is ridiculous, no it is not easier. Well, when you consider that the gov't then has to try to figure out who is using it legally, pay damages to anyone they guess is wrong, figure out what the legal limits are for driving if you do have a legal prescription, and have a way to test whether you are over that limit. Plus all the beuracrcy involved in licensing and oversight. Yeah, your way sounds damn cheap... (Is this where I should roll my eyes right back at ya?)

I would agree with you that people are stupid however is it stupid take a hit or two if it keeps you from having a migain for days? What about the side effects of all the drugs the pharmaceutical companies would rather you ram down your trap? Is it stupid that people with cancer risk the side effects of taking a hit here and there as opposed to dealing with their already life threatening situation? Basically, if someone is terminal, I don't give a rats ass what they do as long as they don't endager anyone else. Almost everything has some side effects, I would just be a bit happier if they could find a better delivery system then smoking the crap, though I know they have tried somewhat and failed pretty misserably. Generally I'm a live and let live person, I don't care that someone smokes the shit, I have made my feelings known on this before and really just feel no need to get into it again.

OK :rolleyes:
Can't find anything wrong with that, so that is the best you can come up with?

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Can't find anything wrong with that, so that is the best you can come up with?

Sorry, I thought the answer was obvious. MJ like alchohol has all levels of potency. Like all other drugs being prescribed it needs to be used accordingly. BTW, I smoked weed as a kid and rode dirt bikes and street bikes for years on it.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Well, when you consider that the gov't then has to try to figure out who is using it legally, pay damages to anyone they guess is wrong, figure out what the legal limits are for driving if you do have a legal prescription, and have a way to test whether you are over that limit. Plus all the beuracrcy involved in licensing and oversight. Yeah, your way sounds damn cheap... (Is this where I should roll my eyes right back at ya?)

So we should make it legal?

morphius
04-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Sorry, I thought the answer was obvious. MJ like alchohol has all levels of potency. Like all other drugs being prescribed it needs to be used accordingly. BTW, I smoked weed as a kid and rode dirt bikes and street bikes for years on it.
People drink and drive all the time too, doesn't make it "right" or "smart"

morphius
04-19-2005, 10:19 PM
So we should make it legal?
You are just talking about legalizing it for medical purposes only, I'm showing you what the costs involved in it are that you like to ignore.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2005, 11:31 PM
You are just talking about legalizing it for medical purposes only, I'm showing you what the costs involved in it are that you like to ignore.

It would be no more expensive than approving the use of any other Pharmaceutical company promoted FDA approved drug that alters perception. I was making a seperate point on the efficiency of just legalizing it as an alternative.

Abba-Dabba
04-19-2005, 11:35 PM

The Defense Rests.

Brain damage?

Do you mean killing brain cells?

I hope you do know that the theory that MJ kills brain cells has been proven wrong.... in like oh, 2004.

You killed more brain cells by eating the carcinigen filled meat you grilled and the 1 beer you drank.

Loki
04-20-2005, 12:41 AM
it is a very versatile plant.

paper, oils, paints, textiles/clothing, medicines, (possibly) fuels, rope
soil enrichment, foodstuffs... blah blah blah.

respect mon... irie i...

Fairplay
04-20-2005, 01:15 AM
George Washington grew it, so it must be good.

Abba-Dabba
04-20-2005, 04:34 AM
It has the U.S. Special Forces seal of approval...

morphius
04-20-2005, 07:28 AM
It would be no more expensive than approving the use of any other Pharmaceutical company promoted FDA approved drug that alters perception. I was making a seperate point on the efficiency of just legalizing it as an alternative.

Yes it would... My goodness. It is a little easier to control the release of pharmaceuticals made by a company, that you need to go to a pharmacist to acquire vs something any moron could grow and sell.

Skip Towne
04-20-2005, 07:50 AM
MJ can have a downside. I got stoned once and drove around with a defective exhaust system. It makes you do crazy stuff like that.

patteeu
04-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Current results:

Yes, make it legal = 41
Yes, keep it illegal = 3
No = 4

Right now there are 4 people who voted "no." I know from personal experience that they are wrong. I'm glad to see that the vast majority know the truth though.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Brain damage?

Do you mean killing brain cells?

I hope you do know that the theory that MJ kills brain cells has been proven wrong.... in like oh, 2004.

You killed more brain cells by eating the carcinigen filled meat you grilled and the 1 beer you drank.

Smoking Weed daily has sure vaulted Jamaica to the top of the World Rankings in Science.

I have about 4 guys I wish you could have talked to 10 years ago, and today. I dated a gal for a few months that was a daily smoker, and kicked her ass out because I didn't want that crap around.

I absolutely disagree that smoking dope, every day, doesn't make a person intelligent. I've seen it turn people into drooling idiots.

Abba-Dabba
04-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Smoking Weed daily has sure vaulted Jamaica to the top of the World Rankings in Science.

I have about 4 guys I wish you could have talked to 10 years ago, and today. I dated a gal for a few months that was a daily smoker, and kicked her ass out because I didn't want that crap around.

I absolutely disagree that smoking dope, every day, doesn't make a person intelligent. I've seen it turn people into drooling idiots.

Huh? Show me where I said smoking marijuana adds to a persons intelligence.

I never said smoking marijuana adds to a persons intelligence. But, neither does alcohol. Name me one benefit there is to the human body from the use of alcohol.

I have seen people drink alcohol till they are blubbering idiots with attitudes. I have seen people smoke themselves silly and lay back on a couch and only want a twinkie.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 08:21 AM
I benefit of Alcohol?

The Surgeon General recommends up to a drink a day to help keep arteries unclogged, cholesterol down and heart health.

http://www.red-wine-and-health.com/
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/alcohol.html

You can have a drink, because you think beer tastes good. You smoke dope to get high.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 08:26 AM
I have seen people drink alcohol till they are blubbering idiots with attitudes. I have seen people smoke themselves silly and lay back on a couch and only want a twinkie.

I'm not talking about getting drunk, or blitzed smoked up on a saturday.

I'm talking about those "hippy lettuce philosophers" we all know. The Ones who have the stupid Stoner-laugh "hu huh huh huh huh duude".

Skip Towne
04-20-2005, 08:32 AM

I'm talking about those "hippy lettuce philosophers" we all know. The Ones who have the stupid Stoner-laugh "hu huh huh huh huh duude".
Do you have a local chapter of Rednecks Anonymous? Use it!

Abba-Dabba
04-20-2005, 08:33 AM
I benefit of Alcohol?

The Surgeon General recommends up to a drink a day to help keep arteries unclogged, cholesterol down and heart health.

http://www.red-wine-and-health.com/
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/alcohol.html

You can have a drink, because you think beer tastes good. You smoke dope to get high.

See now, that is kinda funny. Exactly what I expected.

As of yesterday the CDC says something different...

CDC: American Alcohol, Health Ideas Wrong
By DANIEL YEE, Associated Press Writer

Tuesday, April 19, 2005
(04-19) 05:28 PDT ATLANTA (AP) --

The government Tuesday warned that a few drinks a day may not protect against strokes and heart attacks after all.

Some studies in recent years have touted the health benefits of moderate drinking. Some have even said that up to four drinks a day can significantly reduce the risk of heart disease in people 40 and older.

But researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analyzed data from 250,000 Americans who participated in a 2003 telephone survey. They found that the nondrinkers had many more risks for heart disease — such as being overweight, inactive, high blood pressure and diabetes — than the moderate drinkers.

Based on those results, the agency could not say that moderate drinking actually was a factor in reducing the risk of heart disease.

The findings were published in the May issue of the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.

"We're feeling the pendulum has swung way too far and Americans are getting sort of the wrong idea" on alcohol, said the study's lead author, Dr. Tim Naimi of the CDC's chronic diseases division. "The science around moderate drinking is very murky."

Moderate drinkers tended to be in better health, better educated, wealthier and more active than their nondrinking counterparts, and that likely influenced their lower risk of heart disease, the study said.

"It appears that moderate drinkers have many social and lifestyle characteristics that favor their survival over nondrinkers and few of these differences are likely due to alcohol consumption itself," the study said.

The CDC has long worried about alcohol abuse in the United States. Studies have shown that drinking excessively — five or more drinks daily — can increase the risk of heart disease. The CDC says nearly one in three Americans drinks too much.

The agency said that Americans should follow dietary guidelines that limit daily consumption to two drinks for men and a single drink for women.

Other groups — such as the American Heart Association — say drinking alcohol increases the dangers of alcoholism, high blood pressure, obesity, stroke, breast cancer, suicide and accidents.

Dr. Daniel Fisher, a cardiologist with New York University Medical Center, said the CDC's findings should also be treated with caution because the average person interviewed in the phone-based study may not be completely forthcoming about their alcohol consumption. He added that a clinical trial is needed to fully determine whether alcohol drinking provides health benefits.

Alcohol is the nation's third leading cause of death, killing 75,000 Americans each year through related injuries or diseases, the CDC says.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 08:33 AM
I thought you smokers were aaaaaaalwaaays caaaaaaaaalm maaaaaaaaan....Better Fire one up Skip.

Otter
04-20-2005, 08:35 AM
I thought you smokers were aaaaaaalwaaays caaaaaaaaalm maaaaaaaaan....Better Fire one up Skip.

Whoa, Iowanian's a freakin' narc!

http://unquietmind.com/tburger/tb40-49/grovel.jpg

Abba-Dabba
04-20-2005, 08:37 AM

You don't have to be a hippy to smoke marijuana. And not every pot smoker is a hippy. Vast majority are not hippies.

That would be like me saying every person who drinks alcohol is a drunk.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 08:40 AM
You rope burners seem pretty uptight, for being soooooooo relaxed and calm maaaaaaaaaaan.

Abba-Dabba
04-20-2005, 08:40 AM
I think the biggest knock on alcohol is....

Alcohol is the nation's third leading cause of death, killing 75,000 Americans each year through related injuries or diseases, the CDC says.

Skip Towne
04-20-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm waaay ahead of you maaaan. Don't you have some pigs to feed or somethin"?

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Yes it would... My goodness. It is a little easier to control the release of pharmaceuticals made by a company, that you need to go to a pharmacist to acquire vs something any moron could grow and sell.

You should work for a pharmaceutical company they would love you. The herb isn't going away. All the other things associated with it are not either. Having a prescription would be checked just like the rest, it wouldn't be any different. You are like really fishing a reason to deny people the medicine they need. Some stoners steal your lunch money or something? I wish you could see the good it actually accomplishes without something bad happening to someone you care about.

cheeeefs
04-20-2005, 09:31 AM
very interesting stuff here

http://www.halifaxlive.com/artman/publish/article_821400.shtml

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 09:37 AM
very interesting stuff here

http://www.halifaxlive.com/artman/publish/article_821400.shtml

I am sure the Pharmaceutical companies will find a way to make the big money grab. All you have to do is look at the percentage of people who back medical MJ to see that one coming. Funny thing is the politicians are still trying to keep it outlawed, so you tell me who is running our government. Doesn't make you feel very good about voting does it?

Mark M
04-20-2005, 09:41 AM

Tell that to the person going through chemo who can't eat because they're constantly nauseated and the marinol and other pills don't work.

Believe it or not, it's also good for asthma (it dialates the bronchial tubes), migranes, chronic pain ...

The History Channel had an outstanding show about how it became illegal. Basically, it was nothing but politics and much of the anti-pot information from the gov't was nothing but blatant lies and propoganda.

I'll see if I can find a link ...

MM
~~:hmmm:

NewChief
04-20-2005, 09:44 AM
The History Channel had an outstanding show about how it became illegal. Basically, it was nothing but politics and much of the anti-pot information from the gov't was nothing but blatant lies and propoganda.

~~:hmmm:

You can primarily thank DuPont and William Randolph Hearst, I believe.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Chemo patients are one thing.

Are you trying to insinuate, that most of the MJ smoked is to reduce Pain? If I were on a pirate ship, I'd be raising my Bullshit flag.

I've said it before, I don't really care what you put into your bodies. I don't wish to pay for the effects, and don't cry to me if you get busted.

Skip Towne
04-20-2005, 09:53 AM

Are you trying to insinuate, that most of the MJ smoked is to reduce Pain? If I were on a pirate ship, I'd be raising my Bullshit flag.

I've said it before, I don't really care what you put into your bodies. I don't wish to pay for the effects, and don't cry to me if you get busted.
OK Clevis.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 09:58 AM

3 days of a blinding migrain gone in 10 minutes, yes it reduces pain. This has already been medically proven and your going to pull the BS flag?

Mark M
04-20-2005, 10:00 AM

I thought medicinal use was the issue in this thread, or am I missing someting? :spock:

The just general legalization is another issue all together.

As far as you "paying for the effects," there is not a single documented case of someone dying from the physical effects of smoking pot. So, again, that's not an issue.

And if I got busted (don't smoke any more, so that's not an issue), it would've been my own damned fault. Trust me ... there would've been no crying.

MM
~~:)

badgirl
04-20-2005, 10:00 AM

all drugs out there prescribed by drs. have side effects, pills are made with different chemicals and no one knows how they are affecting the body, look at all the lawsuits over the medication, everyone ends up paying in the long run.
MJ is grown naturally, its a herb, just cause you get high on it doesn't mean it should be illegal, people get high off a lot of the drugs prescribed by drs.

I don't smoke pot, never have, just tried it a couple of time and didn't care for it, but if it has medical benefits why not legalize it? The States would get tax money from it, they should just sell joints in the form of cigerettes, I mean if people are gonna smoke it medically or for pleasure, they are gonna get it, why not make it benefit everyone instead of the taxpayers having to pay when they end up going through the legal system and sitting in jail over it? If it wasn't a natural herb, but made by chemicals in someones basement I'd think otherwise.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 10:02 AM
OK Clevis.

whats the matter skip, still bitter today because your old lady ran off with the HS kid with Better weed?

CosmicPal
04-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I drink coffee not because it tastes like bitter crap, but because it wakes my azz up.

I drink beer not only because it tastes good, but because it makes all the ugly girls look better by the end of the night.

I smoke cigarettes not because it wrecks my body, but because it relieves tension sometimes.

I smoke marijuana not because it's illegal, but because I sometimes need to laugh my azz off for no particular reason for a good hour or two.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 10:04 AM
3 days of a blinding migrain gone in 10 minutes, yes it reduces pain. This has already been medically proven and your going to pull the BS flag?

Missed my point BD.

I'm not questioning that its beneficial at reducing Nausia for Cancer patients, or in the case you site.

My BS Flag is being raised, because I thought Mark was indicating that Most Rope is burned for "medicinal" purposes. I argue that I think the Majority of usage is just to make Sponge Bob interesting.

NewChief
04-20-2005, 10:05 AM
I don't smoke pot, never have, just tried it a couple of time

:spock:

Mark M
04-20-2005, 10:11 AM
My BS Flag is being raised, because I thought Mark was indicating that Most Rope is burned for "medicinal" purposes. I argue that I think the Majority of usage is just to make Sponge Bob interesting.

Ahh ... then you did miss my point.

I'm well aware that 99% of pot smokers do so just to get high. But the numbers could easily be swung toward the medicinal side if the government would, at the very least, move it out of a Class 1 narcotic category. Hell, they currently put in the same category as heroin and meth!!!

Comparing pot to heroin is like comparing my body to Chester McGlocktons.

There are so many people out there who could benefit, and the public has shown over and over again that they are for meidcal use. The freaking American Medical Association and American Cancer Society are for it.

But people play politics while those who could benefit suffer.

MM
~~:(

badgirl
04-20-2005, 10:12 AM
:spock:
I mean on a regular basis :p

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 10:14 AM
I mean if people are gonna smoke it medically or for pleasure, they are gonna get it, why not make it benefit everyone instead of the taxpayers having to pay when they end up going through the legal system and sitting in jail over it? If it wasn't a natural herb, but made by chemicals in someones basement I'd think otherwise.

Because some people feel the need to have big brother babysit and micromanage everyone's life in order to feel safe.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 10:14 AM
The problem is, its not usually Sick people, who could benefit from it, who are at the forefront, making the most Racket about it.

You've got Skip on top of the minivan, smoking some ditchweed he found, in a bowl made from an old Satelite Dish and an Arbies Rapper he found in the back seat......yapping about the man keeping him down.

my position has been clearly stated. I'd vote for medical use today, make possession of small amounts a civil penalty, and Crush Dealers.

badgirl
04-20-2005, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=Iowanian Crush Dealers.[/QUOTE]

Never gonna happen, its been around too long, there are bigger kinds of drug dealers out there that need attention than worrying about "crushing pot growers or dealers". I think alchol should be illegal, pot never killed anyone like drunk drivers.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Missed my point BD.

I'm not questioning that its beneficial at reducing Nausia for Cancer patients, or in the case you site.

For the record I believe 99% of it smoked just to make Sponge Bob and Beavis and Butthead look more interesting.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 10:21 AM
badgranny..... This summer, a 19 year old College Girl in Cedar Rapids was crossing the street after work, and was run over by a Stoned Driver. It was gruesome enough, that the street was closed for a day or so while they hosed her blood and guts off the crosswalk.

People Are harmed by ropesmokers as they also are Drunk Drivers. Tell me that Smoking MJ doesn't slow your reflexes with a strait face.

this is another topic that is an excellent example of those with "the most open minds" not wanting any other opinion.

Mark M
04-20-2005, 10:32 AM
badgranny..... This summer, a 19 year old College Girl in Cedar Rapids was crossing the street after work, and was run over by a Stoned Driver. It was gruesome enough, that the street was closed for a day or so while they hosed her blood and guts off the crosswalk.

People Are harmed by ropesmokers as they also are Drunk Drivers. Tell me that Smoking MJ doesn't slow your reflexes with a strait face.

this is another topic that is an excellent example of those with "the most open minds" not wanting any other opinion.

This is why I am in favor of legalizing it ONLY after they have an accurate roadside test for it, much like a breathalyzer.

Of course, IMHO, if you get caught driving under the influence you should lose your license FOREVER. If you cause a wreck, you spend a minimum of 10 years in the pokey. If you kill someone, you're strapped to the chair.

MM
~~:shrug:

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 11:18 AM
badgranny..... This summer, a 19 year old College Girl in Cedar Rapids was crossing the street after work, and was run over by a Stoned Driver. It was gruesome enough, that the street was closed for a day or so while they hosed her blood and guts off the crosswalk..

Yea we just had a kid run over when leaving school over here. Word is the driver Ms. Chang ate Raman noodles before the accident. Maybe we should outlaw those too.

People Are harmed by ropesmokers as they also are Drunk Drivers. Tell me that Smoking MJ doesn't slow your reflexes with a strait face..

Get real I could smoke all day and still drive better than the Chinese drivers out here. Nobody is passing any laws to get them off the road.

Who said they didn't want to hear your opinion?

chiefs4me
04-20-2005, 12:18 PM
whats the matter skip, still bitter today because your old lady ran off with the HS kid with Better weed?

What comes around goes around killer........this is even low for you and I didn't think you could go any lower......Thank the Gods above I am not in any way related to you.......or God forbid married to you....:harumph:

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 12:44 PM
You would have had ZERO chance of marrying Me Dp4Me.....I'm not On drugs.

I thank God that other men marry women like you, so I can appreciate my wife through laughing at thier misery.

morphius
04-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Get real I could smoke all day and still drive better than the Chinese drivers out here. Nobody is passing any laws to get them off the road.

Its a good thing that gochiefs posts here, otherwise this may have been the dumbest thing I have ready here all day...

Ultra Peanut
04-20-2005, 12:53 PM
I'll meet you at the big yellow joint.

Mark M
04-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Well, yet another insightful and civil discussion of the issues here on ChiefsPlanet ...

MM
~~:rolleyes:

|Zach|
04-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Well, yet another insightful and civil discussion of the issues here on ChiefsPlanet ...

MM
~~:rolleyes:
ROFL

Mark M
04-20-2005, 12:59 PM
ROFL

I'll just blame it on cheif4me.

Although, without her, I'm sure this thread would've died ...

just ask her.

MM
~~:whackit:

philfree
04-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Anyone who hasn't smoked hemp has no fuggin idea what they're talking about. It's amazing how many apparently smart people can be so easly duped. That's all I'm gonna say on the subject. If you ain't done it then you don't know and you never will.

PhilFree:arrow:

Pennywise
04-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Its a good thing that gochiefs posts here, otherwise this may have been the dumbest thing I have ready here all day...

I don't know...when I smoke I get chinese eyed like a mother****er.

Mark M
04-20-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't know...when I smoke I get chinese eyed like a mother****er.

One can always count on Pennywise to go where most don't dare.

MM
~~ROFL ROFL ROFL

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 01:16 PM

It's OK, if you haven't been around a buch of Chinese people you wouldn't understand. It's absolutely the truth.

Mark M
04-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Heh... uh, I think I'm gonna hang in the 'not' camp on that one for now.

It dilates the bronchial tubes. Pretty much a fact.

If the sites that show that weren't blocked on the 'ol company server (I'm working from home, but linking through the network) I'd post it.

MM

Mark M
04-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Next time I'm coughing my head off, I'll be sure to think, "Hey, my bronchial tubes are really f*cking dialated right now!"

ROFL

It does seem counter-intuitive, don't it?

MM

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 01:56 PM
What? That pot impairs your driving ability? Anyone with half a brain realizes this. The "it makes me drive better" crowd are just more the earlier referenced drooling dumbasses. It's unfortunate that you (and many others) just the rest of us based on them. But, whatever. I don't really get upset. Pot ain't my religion. It's just something I used to smoke a lot in college for fun.

I'm not judging you, or calling everyone that kills roaches "drooling idiots". I've said, quite clearly in this thread, that I also know some very high functioning people who do...lawyers(that explains something), an engineer....

Driving? Read up about 10 posts. More than one poster have indicated that they DO drive on Pot, and think they drive Fine.

I don't really Care.........Smoke a truck full of bales. Give it to my kid and I'll show people your medula oblongota. Fair enough?

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 02:04 PM
I never said "all" for the record...........but now that you put it that way...I've heard quite a few indicate that they even "drive better".

Driving 4mph down the sidewalk, isn't my definition of better.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm about done with this thread.......just reading it is making me want to eat a bowl of capt crunch with ringdings cut up in it, instead of bananas.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Driving? Read up about 10 posts. More than one poster have indicated that they DO drive on Pot, and think they drive Fine.

Just to be quite clear I don't smoke the stuff. I used to and ride dirt bikes all the time as a kid though. I know what they producing these days is a lot stronger but I would still take me behind the wheel on whole bag of the shit before I would I would let some of the kamikaze's we have out here drive.

I don't really Care.........Smoke a truck full of bales. Give it to my kid and I'll show people your medula oblongota. Fair enough?

You already know your kids going to smoke it.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself, or someone else riding on the ganja. thats a bad idea.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm about done with this thread........

No way, what fun would this thread have been without the Legislation King in it? :)

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 02:15 PM
It would have probably just been you, davi.duh, skip and dp4me argueing over who got to eat the last fruit rollup.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself, or someone else riding on the ganja. thats a bad idea.

Ahh the good old days. Get home from school at 2:30 and ride till dinner.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 02:17 PM
You're just closed-minded.
ROFL

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 02:18 PM
no.....I'm just a bad pedestrian.

Calcountry
04-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Damn Northern Californians always screwing with a good joke.WTF do I know, two other planeteers laughed at it. :p

Skip Towne
04-20-2005, 02:43 PM
no.....I'm just a bad pedestrian.
Hey, Jethro, I thought you were leaving.

Calcountry
04-20-2005, 02:44 PM
We all know why your husband can't get to the planet.....They did a show on CSI about this chit.

chiefs4me
04-20-2005, 02:48 PM
I'll just blame it on cheif4me.

Although, without her, I'm sure this thread would've died ...

just ask her.

MM
~~:whackit:

Good god....can't you even spell your own teams name right?:rolleyes:

And please get a new joke...this one is old.......:harumph:

once more like zackaroo says.........CHIEFS4ME...did ya get that.

Calcountry
04-20-2005, 02:53 PM
You don't have to be a hippy to smoke marijuana. And not every pot smoker is a hippy. Vast majority are not hippies.

That would be like me saying every person who drinks alcohol is a drunk.Don't believe him, they are, they are just too stoned to realize it.

chiefs4me
04-20-2005, 02:53 PM
It would have probably just been you, davi.duh, skip and dp4me argueing over who got to eat the last fruit rollup.

ROFL........you sure do a lot of eating junk food for not being stoned. Who said that the ones bitching the most about it are the ones really doing it.

Abba-Dabba
04-20-2005, 03:57 PM
ROFL........you sure do a lot of eating junk food for not being stoned. Who said that the ones bitching the most about it are the ones really doing it.

:shrug:
I thought it was those that don't want it legal are the ones selling and making a profit from it.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 05:26 PM
:shrug:
I thought it was those that don't want it legal are the ones selling and making a profit from it.

That tricky Iowanian.

go bo
04-20-2005, 08:51 PM
I never said "all" for the record...........but now that you put it that way...I've heard quite a few indicate that they even "drive better".

Driving 4mph down the sidewalk, isn't my definition of better.hey...

i don't drive that fast...

*drool* *drool* :bong: :D :D :D

Loki
04-20-2005, 09:02 PM
You rope burners seem pretty uptight, for being soooooooo relaxed and calm maaaaaaaaaaan.

you mean we're smoking roooooope maaaaaan?

Mark M
04-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Good god....can't you even spell your own teams name right?:rolleyes:

OH MY GAWD!!! I mispeled a werd!!! Yoou pwn mei!

And please get a new joke...this one is old.......:harumph:
Actually, it's still pretty funny to several people. And besides, you're the ignorant slut who kept posting it in thread after thread after thread. Don't get pissed at me for your inability to get over yourself.

once more like zackaroo says.........CHIEFS4ME...did ya get that.

I think "ignorant slut" or "stupid cvnt" or "annoying bitch" are all better ...

not to mention a lot more accurate.

MM
~~:spank:

chiefs4me
04-21-2005, 11:57 AM
OH MY GAWD!!! I mispeled a werd!!! Yoou pwn mei!

Actually, it's still pretty funny to several people. And besides, you're the ignorant slut who kept posting it in thread after thread after thread. Don't get pissed at me for your inability to get over yourself.

I think "ignorant slut" or "stupid cvnt" or "annoying bitch" are all better ...

not to mention a lot more accurate.

MM
~~:spank:

:shake:....I feel sorry for you...having to call someone slut, **** and bitch to get your point across...my prayers to your family.:)

And by the way...what do I keep posting in thread after thread...you are the one who can't let me go.:harumph:

|Zach|
04-21-2005, 12:00 PM
:shake:....I feel sorry for you...having to call someone slut, **** and bitch to get your point across...my prayers to your family.:)

And by the way...what do I keep posting in thread after thread...you are the one who can't let me go.:harumph:
Prayers to his family for being so awesome...I have met him and his fam. I can only hope I have a family that cool and a little kid that cute when I get older.

This has nothing to do with his post being 100% accurate. :)

|Zach|
04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
But, if the point is that you're a slut, cvnt, and a bitch...
ROFL

chiefs4me
04-21-2005, 12:15 PM

You never cease to amaze me...:rolleyes:

Mark M
04-21-2005, 12:42 PM

Glad someone got the point. Next time, maybe I'll do a flow chart.

Prayers to his family for being so awesome...I have met him and his fam. I can only hope I have a family that cool and a little kid that cute when I get older.

Your check is in the mail.

MM
~~:D

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2005, 01:32 PM
I found the costs in this article very interesting:

Allen St. Pierre
Executive Director NORML/NORML Foundation

Federal marijuana laws that rely primarily on criminal penalties and law enforcement are an ineffective policy tool to control the use and sale of marijuana.

-Marijuana Prohibition Does Not Produce Stated Public Goals- Public policies are measured by their ability to produce intended results. The stated goal of criminal marijuana prohibition is to deter marijuana use and promote public health. Therefore, the success or failure of U.S. marijuana policy must be evaluated by its performance at accomplishing these goals when measured against specific drug use and public health indicators. If current marijuana policy is to be judged as an effective public policy, then increasing the arrest rate for marijuana should produce an intended reduction in several of these key indicators, most importantly, the use and availability of marijuana among the population.

Despite total US marijuana arrests increasing 165% during the 1990s, from 287,850 in 1991 to 755,000 in 2003, this enhanced enforcement has not produced intended results, and in some cases, it has produced opposite, unintended consequences. Upon review of the available data, it is clear that increased arrest rates are not associated with reduced marijuana use, reduced marijuana availability, a reduction in the number of new users, reduced treatment admissions, reduced emergency room mentions, any reduction in marijuana potency, or any increases in the price of marijuana.

-How Much Does Marijuana Prohibition Cost The U.S. Annually?- Increased marijuana enforcement is associated with greater fiscal and social costs. State and local justice costs for marijuana arrests are now estimated to be $7.6 billion, approximately $10,400 per arrest. Of this total, annual police costs are $3.7 billion, judicial/legal costs are $853 million, and correctional costs are $3.1 billion. In both California and New York, state fiscal costs dedicated to criminal marijuana law enforcement annually total over $1 billion for each state.

-The Costs? The Benefits?- The social costs of criminal marijuana enforcement include demographic impacts and their effects on society. Marijuana possession and sales arrest disproportionately impact young males as well as black adults. These disproportionate impacts nurture alienation from the rule of law. Among the demographic groups most adversely impacted, males age 18 are .7% of the population and 3.1% of annual marijuana users, but comprise 8.1% of all marijuana possession arrests. Males aged 24 to 29 are 4% of the population and 9.7% of annual marijuana users, but comprise 13.7% of all possession arrests. Black adults account for 8.8% of the population, 11.9% of annual marijuana users, and 23% of marijuana possession arrests. Overall, 25% of marijuana possession arrests are of people age 18 or younger, and 74% are for people under the age of 30. Marijuana users who are white, over 30 year old, and/or female are disproportionately unaffected by marijuana possession arrests.

-Over One Million Teenagers In America Sell Marijuana- Maybe of greater note and indicative of an unintended consequence in the U.S. government¹s marijuana policy-making: Over one million teenagers in the U.S. sell marijuana.

-Marijuana Policy Measured By ONDCP¹s Own Criteria Is a Failure- Policy analysis is about results. There is now ample data available to review the performance of marijuana policy over the past decades, in particular the years between 1990 and 2000. Based on the data presented in this report, it is evident that present US marijuana policy is failing to achieve its desired results when measured against key drug use and public health indicators, as well as when evaluated by cost/benefit analysis.

Therefore, this report recommends the commencement of a serious national debate over replacing the current prohibition policy of marijuana control with a regulatory policy that provides legal access to marijuana for adults and removes the profit incentive for sale among teenagers.

-By The Numbers: Marijuana Arrests and Use in the United States- Despite nearly seventy years of expensive and rigorous government enforcement of marijuana prohibition there is, until the issuance of this report from the NORML Foundation, scarce amount of publicly available information on the scope and cost of marijuana prohibition.

This report comprehensively demonstrates much of what is not commonly known regarding who uses marijuana in the U.S., who gets arrested for it, at what age citizens are arrested on marijuana charges and how much are the general fiscal costs of maintaining marijuana prohibition. Lastly, how does the U.S. government policy on marijuana measure up against its stated goals and what are some serious-minded policy alternatives which may largely achieve the government¹s stated goals?

This comprehensive marijuana arrest and use report and analysis includes:

State-by-state marijuana arrest and use data;
County-by-county arrest data;
Comprehensive marijuana sales data and sales arrest data;
Detailed data and graphical information regarding marijuana arrests and use in regards to gender, race and age; information on state marijuana penalties, extensive historical background information examining marijuana policy-making in the United States circa 1972 and supporting citations.
Crimes of Indiscretion: Marijuana Arrests in the United States Author: Jon Gettman, Ph.D Published by The NORML Foundation (2005)