PDA

View Full Version : TE and RB......WTF?

ChiefsOne
04-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Big tight end, as possible replacement for Dunn.

Running back, more along the lines of a halfback, than fullback, to replace the departed Derrick Blaylock.

We have three TEs now, why do we need more.

What is Johnson for? He and Priest can carry the load and T-Rich can be used some in single back sets.

TRR
04-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Are these comments from Vermeil? He made a similiar comment the other day about what they would be looking for in the draft. He basically answered it by naming every position on the football field....Offensively and defensively.

ChiefsOne
04-20-2005, 10:26 AM
This is from GRETZ: The Draft Picture, but DV mentioned it too.

KChiefs1
04-20-2005, 10:30 AM
need another TE to replace Gonzalez after Peterson trades him! :banghead:

ChiefsOne
04-20-2005, 10:32 AM
No way Peterson trades him, that's his golden boy and one of the right draft choices he has made.

Brock
04-20-2005, 10:34 AM
I've said it before, but why does anyone listen to what coaches or gms say about the draft, like they're going to tell anyone what they're going to do?

KingPriest2
04-20-2005, 10:36 AM
This is from GRETZ: The Draft Picture, but DV mentioned it too.

next time put that in your post so we know what the heck you are talking about. We had no idea where that came from.

KingPriest2
04-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Are these comments from Vermeil? He made a similiar comment the other day about what they would be looking for in the draft. He basically answered it by naming every position on the football field....Offensively and defensively.

Q: When all is said and done this coming Sunday what would you like to see the Chiefs walk out of the two days with?

VERMEIL: “It would be great if we could come out with a blue-chip potential corner, maybe another safety, another linebacker, a big tight end, another running back, a couple of wide receivers, an offensive lineman. I think something like that will happen but you don’t know after that second day which guy is going to jump up and surprise you or which guy may jump up and disappoint you.”

Hammock Parties
04-20-2005, 10:47 AM
There is nothing wrong with using a late round pick on a blocking tight end.

bsp4444
04-20-2005, 12:19 PM
I posted this on another thread, but didn't we sign Robert Holcombe to back up both T-Rich and Priest/L.J. ?

jcroft
04-20-2005, 12:23 PM
I think we do need to get a blocking TE at some point. Not necessarily in this draft, but we need to pick someone up this year, because I expect it to be Dunn's last year.

ChiefsOne
04-20-2005, 01:04 PM
I posted this on another thread, but didn't we sign Robert Holcombe to back up both T-Rich and Priest/L.J. ?

Yes we did. So we really have enough RBs and FBs.

Draft for D, WR, future linemen & QB.

buddha
04-20-2005, 02:44 PM
DV would say he's looking to draft strippers if he thought it would give KC some strategic advantage.

Then again, after the Kris "He will redefine the position" Wilson draft pick, absolutely anything is possible.

Chief Faithful
04-20-2005, 03:02 PM

I suspect they will look for Dunn's replacement in the late rounds and try to put him on the practice squad this year.

Gravedigger
04-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Remember June 1st still has to come around fellas. Now this isnt an excuse to chose crap in the draft and the only RB that I would allow is Darren Sproles.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Remember June 1st still has to come around fellas. Now this isnt an excuse to chose crap in the draft and the only RB that I would allow is Darren Sproles.

Let me get this straight -- the only RB we can draft is a midget with bad hands?

Seriously, I don't have a problem with Sproles, per se, but if you were only going to allow one RB, why wouldn't it be a top-caliber one?

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Sproles would be perfect for a 3rd down type back in the future behind LJ. I would be for him.

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Let me get this straight -- the only RB we can draft is a midget with bad hands?

Seriously, I don't have a problem with Sproles, per se, but if you were only going to allow one RB, why wouldn't it be a top-caliber one?

Exactly.

Matt Jones.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Sproles would be perfect for a 3rd down type back in the future behind LJ. I would be for him.

I would be for him, too, at the right spot in the draft. But can you say, as Gravedigger did, that he's the ONLY running back in the draft you would allow the Chiefs to pick? In essence, calling him the best RB in the draft?

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 04:59 PM

Sproles would be a good fit as a 3rd string RB, but so would a lot of players in this draft. This draft is deep with RB talent, I would rather take one in the 7th round or even an undrafted free agent then waste an early to mid round pick on Sproles.

Personally, I think Damien Nash would be a MUCH better choice for this team, and we probably wouldn't even have to waste a draft pick on him.

Deberg_1990
04-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Dont we have like 10 picks?? Id like to see them draft 3 CB's, 2 WR's 2 O-linemen, 2 Linebackers and a Safety.

tk13
04-20-2005, 05:06 PM
I wouldn't mind if we drafted a RB in one of the later rounds... you can never have too much RB depth, and Priest isn't probably going to be around too many more years and then we'll be hurting for RB depth again. We found Blaylock in the 5th round, it could be done.

whoman69
04-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Problem is, unless one of our 3 TEs gets put on IR, this guys spends the entire season on the practice squad learning how to get splinters out of his butt.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Problem is, unless one of our 3 TEs gets put on IR, this guys spends the entire season on the practice squad learning how to get splinters out of his butt.

Yeah, but that's pretty much par for the course for 6th and 7th rounders and FA rookies. We do need to get a TE into the system, but since he'll be on the practice squard this year, it ought to be a very low pick or a FA signing.