PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Chiefs!

Amnorix
04-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Although I'm not much of a draftnik, it seems to me the Chiefs have had an excellent week.

Surtain represents excellent value (like Dillon for a 2nd for the Pats last year), and Johnson ought to greatly improve the front 7.

Many here have agitated strongly for a WR. Although I understand few here love your WRs, I (along with many others of course) have consistently held that you can only score so many points a game, and it was the unbelievably atrocious defense that was holding the team back.

The Chiefs have a relatively limited window here while they have one of the top 2 offenses in the NFL, to get the defense functional and convert all that offensive talent into a serious playoff run. THIS week, that goal has been accomplished.

Congrats to your team and its fans, and good luck with the balance of the draft.

Phobia
04-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Many here have agitated strongly for a WR.

I would say "few".

But, thanks for the 'grats.

teedubya
04-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Enjoy the playoffs from your couches next year, Patriots. Please fail miserably. Please?

Thanks for the love though, just quit winning SUperbowls, okay?

big nasty kcnut
04-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Amnorix thank for the props. Good luck with biesel he'll be a good player and leader.

Also dump rodney harrison please he a dickweed.

Calcountry
04-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Although I'm not much of a draftnik, it seems to me the Chiefs have had an excellent week.

Surtain represents excellent value (like Dillon for a 2nd for the Pats last year), and Johnson ought to greatly improve the front 7.

Many here have agitated strongly for a WR. Although I understand few here love your WRs, I (along with many others of course) have consistently held that you can only score so many points a game, and it was the unbelievably atrocious defense that was holding the team back.

The Chiefs have a relatively limited window here while they have one of the top 2 offenses in the NFL, to get the defense functional and convert all that offensive talent into a serious playoff run. THIS week, that goal has been accomplished.

Congrats to your team and its fans, and good luck with the balance of the draft.I hope you are right, but you usually are, in sports I mean. ;) :thumb:

Skip Towne
04-23-2005, 05:14 PM
You guys are going down. First you steal our worst LB then you draft a guard in the first round. Is Carl making your moves and Pioli making ours?

HemiEd
04-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Nice gesture! Thanks! :clap: Count me as one that is concerned about the depth and age of our offense but I do not want to dampen the enthusiasm for the recent defensive upgrades. I would love to see us plug in some choices in the later rounds for the offense. I was kind of quietly hoping we would take Aaron Rodgers the QB that ended up in Green Bay. The Chiefs have not had too many opportunities over the years to draft what may have been the best QBOTF on the board. I just hope a lot of the experts on here are correct about DJ!

morphius
04-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Going into the year with possibly 4 new starters on D should be huge for us. The key for the D will be keeping everyone healthy in the offseason so that we can meld into a cohiesive unit, something that was impossible last year. We also seem to have added some cocky leaders to the D, which should knock some of the others upside the head if they aren't doing thier job. Now we just have to hope that Warfield isn't suspended the fist 4 games.

Rausch
04-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Amazing how I've gone from hopeful after the superbowl to cocky after the draft.

We still have summer cuts comming and preseason yet.

Skip Towne
04-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Amazing how I've gone from hopeful after the superbowl to cocky after the draft.

We still have summer cuts comming and preseason yet.
Don't worry, Carl is a genious and we're SB bound.

StcChief
04-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Should make the Pats game more interesting this year.

Still having trouble with how do we get Pats at home two years in a row?

Calcountry
04-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Nice gesture! Thanks! :clap: Count me as one that is concerned about the depth and age of our offense but I do not want to dampen the enthusiasm for the recent defensive upgrades. I would love to see us plug in some choices in the later rounds for the offense. I was kind of quietly hoping we would take Aaron Rodgers the QB that ended up in Green Bay. The Chiefs have not had too many opportunities over the years to draft what may have been the best QBOTF on the board. I just hope a lot of the experts on here are correct about DJ!Honestly, I was thinking the same thing about Rodgers, but it was fleeting.

We did the right thing.

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks, Amnorix...here's to a Chiefs-Pats AFC Championship game, AT ARROWHEAD next January... :toast:

Amnorix
04-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Thanks, Amnorix...here's to a Chiefs-Pats AFC Championship game, AT ARROWHEAD next January... :toast:

I'm definitely up for that game, but prefer to have it at the Razor, where precision offenses go to die. :LOL: :fire:

Amnorix
04-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Should make the Pats game more interesting this year.

Still having trouble with how do we get Pats at home two years in a row?

The NFL schedule is based on a straight-forward rotation system. You can see what your schedule will be through 2009.

Last year, we played each other ONLY because we were both first place teams within the same conference. This year we play each other ONLY because all AFC West and all AFC East teams are facing off this year.

The home/away status is also pre-determined based on standings the prior year.

For these SAME reasons, the Colts will ONCE AGAIN be playing AT Foxboro this year. Colts fans are near suicidal over this fact. :fire: :evil: :LOL:

Skip Towne
04-23-2005, 08:02 PM
The NFL schedule is based on a straight-forward rotation system. You can see what your schedule will be through 2009.

Last year, we played each other ONLY because we were both first place teams within the same conference. This year we play each other ONLY because all AFC West and all AFC East teams are facing off this year.

The home/away status is also pre-determined based on standings the prior year.

For these SAME reasons, the Colts will ONCE AGAIN be playing AT Foxboro this year. Colts fans are near suicidal over this fact. :fire: :evil: :LOL:
Thank you, sir.

HemiEd
04-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Honestly, I was thinking the same thing about Rodgers, but it was fleeting.

We did the right thing.

Agreed! Like I said, quietly thinking. Carl knows best! (I can get by with that right now but better shelve it later} ROFL

Amnorix
04-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Enjoy the playoffs from your couches next year, Patriots. Please fail miserably. Please?

Thanks for the love though, just quit winning SUperbowls, okay?

Not if we can help it, on either count. :fire: :fire: :fire: