PDA

View Full Version : Who is the stupidest exec in the NFL?

whoman69
04-23-2005, 09:50 PM
I think Matt Millen pretty well cemented his position today. With all the improvement that team has made on the field, he fugs it up and brings another WR just like the other two he already has. Derrick Johnson should have been a no brainer then. Did anyone see the interview with Mariuchi today? They asked him how they could draft a WR in the first round for the third year in a row. He kind of coughed, which forced his voice not to shout out, "Don't ask me ask that dumb fug GM." Classic. His answer was total bogus. He covered it only slightly better than DV did when we took LJ.

Valiant
04-23-2005, 09:52 PM
They will have a nice spread offense... Depends on how their oline goes...

tk13
04-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Williams, Williams, Rogers, and Pollard... they've got some vicious weapons through the air.

whoman69
04-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Williams, Williams, Rogers, and Pollard... they've got some vicious weapons through the air.
The problem is they will all be congregating in the same area. They are all the same type of receiver. They have no deep threat, and nobody who is sure to get them a first down. Additionally, they overlooked some pretty weak areas to draft in a supposed position of strength. There's a reason this franchise hit the depths with him at the helm.

Deberg_1990
04-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Carl Peterson used to be the dumbest GM until 2 days ago. My how times have changed!

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Matt Millen....

CP is out of the running, THIS year. :)

Archie Bunker
04-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Shannahan is giving him a run for his money though. :)

Logical
04-23-2005, 10:20 PM
The problem is they will all be congregating in the same area. They are all the same type of receiver. They have no deep threat, and nobody who is sure to get them a first down. Additionally, they overlooked some pretty weak areas to draft in a supposed position of strength. There's a reason this franchise hit the depths with him at the helm.I don't agree, while not a true deep threat Mike Williams 14.7 yard average showed he could consistently get big gainers. Meanwhile Roy Williams averaged 15.1 last year in the NFL.

I do think the pick is a little strange if they think Rogers is going to recover and play in the NFL. Damn I am happy they made the move though. Sure benefitted the Chiefs.

Otter
04-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Not one draft pick has played a game yet. Don't dig yourself a hole quiet yet. It's not even pre-season.

chief52
04-23-2005, 10:34 PM
I still feel Vinny Cerrato is the dumbest GM in the NFL. Have you ever heard him on ESPN? Clueless...Snyder's puppet, but Snyder actually seems to listen to him. I give Millen an honerable mention.

Mile High Shack
04-23-2005, 11:14 PM
after today

Mike Shanahan

Demonpenz
04-23-2005, 11:21 PM
one bronco fan said this to me at work "How am i supposed to tell my kids?

teedubya
04-23-2005, 11:24 PM
I for one, Think Millen is a genious, and I thank him for such a wonderful pick.

TEX
04-23-2005, 11:59 PM
The "Genius" looked pretty Millen-like today! ROFL

Coach
04-24-2005, 12:07 AM
1. Shanahan
2. Not sure who's the Seahawks GM/EXE is, but all of his picks have been reaches.

UteChief
04-24-2005, 12:41 AM
I would have to say Millen also.

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Cerrato

crossbow
04-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Carl tried to screw up the draft for us but the other teams wouldn't let him. He wanted to trade out with DJ sitting there? If true he is an idiot.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/team?team=kan&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft05%2ftracker%2fteam%3fteam%3dkan

tk13
04-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Carl tried to screw up the draft for us but the other teams wouldn't let him. He wanted to trade out with DJ sitting there? If true he is an idiot.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/team?team=kan&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft05%2ftracker%2fteam%3fteam%3dkan
There's another thread about that on the front page. Personally I think we just called around to see if anybody would blow us away with an offer, and they didn't.

Millen saved our behind though. I didn't see this article from Gretz posted anywhere, but Gretz said we had three players at the top of our board... DJ, Thomas Davis, and Erasmus James. Millen not picking DJ allowed him to slide all the way to us. If DJ was gone, Davis would've gone to Carolina anyway, and we apparently would've leaned hard toward picking Erasmus James... so thank you, Matt Millen, for making our dreams come true.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/04/23/gretz_firstround_roller_coaster/

crossbow
04-24-2005, 01:04 AM
There's another thread about that on the front page. Personally I think we just called around to see if anybody would blow us away with an offer, and they didn't.

Millen saved our behind though. I didn't see this article from Gretz posted anywhere, but Gretz said we had three players at the top of our board... DJ, Thomas Davis, and Erasmus James. Millen not picking DJ allowed him to slide all the way to us. If DJ was gone, Davis would've gone to Carolina anyway, and we apparently would've leaned hard toward picking Erasmus James... so thank you, Matt Millen, for making our dreams come true.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/04/23/gretz_firstround_roller_coaster/

Thanks for clearing that up. I feel better now. It would be hard to accept that they screwed this one up. Especialy with DJ sitting right there. But after 16 years of practice they have gotten pretty good at blowing drafts.

Digital Takawira
04-24-2005, 02:20 AM
I still feel Vinny Cerrato is the dumbest GM in the NFL. Have you ever heard him on ESPN? Clueless...Snyder's puppet, but Snyder actually seems to listen to him. I give Millen an honerable mention.

vinny cerrato? don't you mean.......

http://warriorlibrarian.com/PICS2/eyebulge.jpg

eyes mcbulgenstein?

seriously, what the hell is up with vinny cerrato's eyes? i expect him to start shooting beams of light out of them like Janosz in Ghostbusters 2.

chappy
04-24-2005, 02:30 AM
the RAT

or Al Davis

LTownChief
04-24-2005, 03:28 AM
I cant see how Shannahan is everybody's top choice for NFL team executive dumbass considering he has a freaking Superbowl ring, I hate the broncos but you have to consider that.

Paul Brown is the worst GM/owner in the league hands down IMO.

Big Chief Homer
04-24-2005, 06:21 AM
I just hope with the addition of mike williams and the eventual demise of Az-Hakim.DV doesnt develope another case of Ramitis and bring him in.

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Matt Millen....

CP is out of the running, THIS year. :)Thanks in large part TO Matt Millen, which cements his place even further.

DTLB58
04-24-2005, 09:01 AM
I gotta say Millen at this point. A lot of team did a lot of good things yesterday just standing pat and taking who fell to them.

Most improved player personel decisions to me appears to be.....

Denny Green with the Arizona Cardinals:

Rd Sel# Player Pos. Ht. Wt. School
1 8 Rolle, Antrel CB 6-0 202 Miami (Fla.)
2 44 Arrington, J.J. RB 5-9 214 California
3 75 Green, Eric CB 5-11 197 Virginia Tech
3 95 Blackstock, Darryl OLB 6-4 241 Virginia

Good stuff for day one.

keg in kc
04-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Terry Bradway's has a pretty sad offseason I think.