PDA

View Full Version : Browncows fans react to Shannahan's draft today...

jAZ
04-23-2005, 10:11 PM
"Shannahan.... thanks for NOTHING."

"What were the Broncos thinking today?"

"I'm glad we didn't have any first round picks..."

"Grade the first day of the NFL Draft (50% voted "F")"

"Now we have 9 cornerbacks?"

"we are up there with the most retarded teams in sports history."

"the Chiefs aren't so hated to me anymore either. They look like draft gods compared to our sorry ass team."

"Booooooooooooooo"

"Cornerbacks For Rent"

"WOW, yet ANOTHER horrible draft"

"Shanahan's a fokin' joke"

"Somebody punch me in my face!!!"

http://www.denverbroncos.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

ROFL

|Zach|
04-23-2005, 10:12 PM
heh, SOMEBODY PUNCH ME IN THE FACE!

I like that one.

B_Ambuehl
04-23-2005, 10:20 PM
It pissed me off when they drafted Dominique Foxworth cause I thought the Chiefs might take him. I'd be surprised if either he or Ellis Hobbs wasn't on the list....of course Carl probably would've taken the punter anyway regardless :)

buddha
04-23-2005, 10:24 PM
The Denver draft looks dreadful so far. I would have to agree with their fans there. I know the corner from OSU is fast, but he is "tiny"... How does a guy like that cover receivers who can run and are 6-5?

Frazod
04-23-2005, 10:25 PM
ROFLGOD I LOVE IT!

HolmeZz
04-23-2005, 10:26 PM
It's not even that they drafted 3 corners. It's that they passed on Justin Miller originally that makes me laugh. :)

Then Clarett topped it all off.

TEX
04-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Priceless! ROFL

Amnorix
04-23-2005, 10:48 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2005, 10:51 PM
This is f*ckin priceless donkeys :LOL:

BigChiefFan
04-23-2005, 10:51 PM
The Broncos have drafted so many HBs and CBs the past few years it isn't even funny. How many guys will they draft until one actually sticks?

Warhorse
04-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Well, I don't think we really had much choice. CB play for us seems to be at a premium after we got torched out of the playoffs the last two years.

After some serious thought, I think this draft makes perfect sense. I think we are equipped to handle outside WR's, its the underneath stuff that is killing us. You tend to see smaller WR running those routes so a guy like Williams makes great sense. He has incredible playmaking ability which is nice. We haven't seen that in our secondary even though Bailey is a nice start.

None of our picks will look as nice as Derrick Johnson. In my estimation he was one of the true playmakers of this draft. KC got a steal at 15.

Needless to say, we have made attempted to make our defense more equipped to handle wide open offenses like KC, Indy, and Oakland. Whether it will pay off in a division title is yet to be seen. This year in the AFC West is going to be war.

FloridaChief
04-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Well, I don't think we really had much choice. CB play for us seems to be at a premium after we got torched out of the playoffs the last two years.

After some serious thought, I think this draft makes perfect sense. I think we are equipped to handle outside WR's, its the underneath stuff that is killing us. You tend to see smaller WR running those routes so a guy like Williams makes great sense. He has incredible playmaking ability which is nice. We haven't seen that in our secondary even though Bailey is a nice start.

None of our picks will look as nice as Derrick Johnson. In my estimation he was one of the true playmakers of this draft. KC got a steal at 15.

Needless to say, we have made attempted to make our defense more equipped to handle wide open offenses like KC, Indy, and Oakland. Whether it will pay off in a division title is yet to be seen. This year in the AFC West is going to be war.

"Somebody punch me in my face!!!"

ROFL

the Talking Can
04-23-2005, 11:07 PM

if any of those CBs you drafted actually play this year you are farked...Shanny took 3 because he was just guessing...he figures one might pan out....and did you just call one of them a "playmaker"?

WebGem
04-23-2005, 11:08 PM
ROFL

Priceless.

tk13
04-23-2005, 11:08 PM
That's funny, I'd give their draft an A+. I loved it.

Mile High Shack
04-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Since the mane is down, I'll invade here

there is no doubt, this is the single worst draft I have ever seen since watching the Denver Broncos since I was 8 years old.

Edubs
04-23-2005, 11:10 PM
I hope it all plays out for us this year. Nothing makes me more happy than to see the broncos fans pissed and the Planet happy about today's outcome. I am so excited and can barely even see straight!

Demonpenz
04-23-2005, 11:12 PM
an eight year old kid drafting in madden would have done a better job

Mile High Shack
04-23-2005, 11:13 PM
an eight year old kid drafting in madden would have done a better job

corky working the mcdonald's counter could've done better

if we don't make the playoffs this year and win a game, I want Shanny fired

Warhorse
04-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Well, a positive way to talk about this draft is to say that it is very developemental. I'm not disappointed by this draft. Maybe some of the FANTASY BRONCO FANS ARE. We have a legitimate need for CB's. Scores of 49-14 in the playoffs prove that.

|Zach|
04-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Since the mane is down, I'll invade here

there is no doubt, this is the single worst draft I have ever seen since watching the Denver Broncos since I was 8 years old.
Hey bud, I seriously...can't believe your draft.

I think Talking Can may have been on to something. It is possible that you drafted 4 players who will never start in the NFL.

|Zach|
04-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Well, a positive way to talk about this draft is to say that it is very developemental. I'm not disappointed by this draft.
ROFL

Mile High Shack
04-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Hey bud, I seriously...can't believe your draft.

I think Talking Can may have been on to something. It is possible that you drafted 4 players who will never start in the NFL.

Darrnet Williams made sense b/c our special teams return game was so gawd awful and he can return kicks

but then

cb, cb, then freakin' Maurice Clarett when we already have Ron Dayne (I know..funny, ha ha, but better than fat ass Clarett) and Tatum Bell (who is going to be a stud) and Anderson.

We needed help on the dline and offensive guards...we passed on the dude from Alabama!!!!!!!!

I dunno, I've already said, if Shanny doesn't win a playoff game this year, I'm done with his dumbass

three friggin' cbs.......THREE

uno, dos, trece

the Talking Can
04-23-2005, 11:17 PM
We have a legitimate need for CB's. Scores of 49-14 in the playoffs prove that.

no, you have a legitimate need for GOOD cb's.....you line these guys up next year and you'll lose 120-4

ROFL

you drafted a wee person with your 2nd round pick?!!

Mile High Shack
04-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Well, a positive way to talk about this draft is to say that it is very developemental. I'm not disappointed by this draft. Maybe some of the FANTASY BRONCO FANS ARE. We have a legitimate need for CB's. Scores of 49-14 in the playoffs prove that.

your insane

there is no bronco fan in his/her right mind who would think this was a good first day

we gonna carry 10 cbs on our roster?

|Zach|
04-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Darrnet Williams made sense b/c our special teams return game was so gawd awful and he can return kicks

but then

cb, cb, then freakin' Maurice Clarett when we already have Ron Dayne (I know..funny, ha ha, but better than fat ass Clarett) and Tatum Bell (who is going to be a stud) and Anderson.

We needed help on the dline and offensive guards...we passed on the dude from Alabama!!!!!!!!

I dunno, I've already said, if Shanny doesn't win a playoff game this year, I'm done with his dumbass

three friggin' cbs.......THREE

uno, dos, trece
I agree, Williams is a reach but not an awful pick...

Warhorse
04-23-2005, 11:20 PM
I really don't see what is the problem here. We gave up back to back 300 yd, 4/5 td games to Manning and his WR's in which we couldn't keep up with. Look at our division... its becoming more spread out like the Colts offense. Both the Chiefs and Raiders have the ability with their passing games to open us up like the Colts. KC showed that in our last game against them at KC.

You either adapt or you get killed. We've been blown out more times over the past two years then I care to remember. I have absolutely no problem taking quality, fast cover corners in a league where play and rules are being set up to give Manning and others career years.

We now have 9 CB's on our roster with pedigree and experience. That is going to help us in the long run. We'll eliminate one by one until we have five or six ball hawking CB's that can shut down premier passing games.

Archie Bunker
04-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Objectively looking at this draft for the Broncos it is easily the worst this year and ranks up there with some of the worst I have ever seen.

Darrent Williams Projected 4th Rd (5-8 with character problems)
Karl Paymah Projected 5th Rd
Dominque Foxworth Projected 4th rd

Clarett possibly an undrafted FA

Nice picks ROFL

Phobia
04-23-2005, 11:21 PM
ROFL

Priceless.

Dude - can you take your sig down to about half that height?

keg in kc
04-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Sweet. 9 CBs and no passrush. That should be fun to watch.

Mile High Shack
04-23-2005, 11:22 PM
I really don't see what is the problem here. We gave up back to back 300 yd, 4/5 td games to Manning and his WR's in which we couldn't keep up with. Look at our division... its becoming more spread out like the Colts offense. Both the Chiefs and Raiders have the ability with their passing games to open us up like the Colts. KC showed that in our last game against them at KC.

You either adapt or you get killed. We've been blown out more times over the past two years then I care to remember. I have absolutely no problem taking quality, fast cover corners in a league where play and rules are being set up to give Manning and others career years.

We now have 9 CB's on our roster with pedigree and experience. That is going to help us in the long run. We'll eliminate one by one until we have five or six ball hawking CB's that can shut down premier passing games.

dude you can't carry that many cbs on your roster

we need like WRs and RBs out there too

we got killed b/c of ZERO pressure on Manning in that game, not b/c of our CBs soley.

Hell I could've gotten open in the time Manning had to throw in that game.

we needed probably 1 rookie CB and then 1 more vet CB, but not 3 friggin' reaches.

we needed help with our dline and our oline interior.......you need to take your orange glasses off, I love the enthusiasm, but you are plain wrong.

Warhorse
04-23-2005, 11:24 PM
no, you have a legitimate need for GOOD cb's.....you line these guys up next year and you'll lose 120-4

ROFL

you drafted a wee person with your 2nd round pick?!!

How would you even know what a quality pass defense or players looks like?

Read the profiles on these guys from experts. What do they say? They have major speed, quickness, experience starting, and a lot of upside to grow. As long as there is a consesus on that, i'm fine.

I actually like Williams. Just watching his video, size or not, you can tell he is a player and he will be able to help us.

Phobia
04-23-2005, 11:24 PM
You guys need to lay off the Broncos fans.

I'm sure Darnett Troyer will become a quality player when he grows up.

Mile High Shack
04-23-2005, 11:26 PM

Read the profiles on these guys from experts. What do they say? They have major speed, quickness, experience starting, and a lot of upside to grow. As long as there is a consesus on that, i'm fine.

I actually like Williams. Just watching his video, size or not, you can tell he is a player and he will be able to help us.

I'm fine with Willams at #2, he had a broken forearm, then he pissed his coach off, so he didn't play much.

IF..IF, IF he can turn around his attitude he can help us out in the nickel and return game

the others?

I fart on them

tk13
04-23-2005, 11:26 PM

I absolutely agree there is logic to that. The guys have to be able to cover though. I'm not sure a bunch of projected 2nd day guys are going to get it done. Simply speaking as a Chiefs fan, I like the idea that we might be able to run over some of these guys. I like speed just as much as the next guy, but I love a power running game, and the Chiefs have a power running game. Running a 4.3 isn't going to do squat for you when you're planted in the turf.

the Talking Can
04-23-2005, 11:27 PM

well, hell....you watched the video, you got me....your new nickle back is 5'8'' 175lb stud...

p.s.

this ain't the mange, your sad homer b.s. is obvious to us all....

YOUR DRAFT IS A JOKE.

WE ARE LAUGHING.

TEX
04-23-2005, 11:28 PM

we got killed b/c of ZERO pressure on Manning in that game, not b/c of our CBs soley.

we needed probably 1 rookie CB and then 1 more vet CB, but not 3 friggin' reaches.

we needed help with our dline and our oline interior.......you need to take your orange glasses off, I love the enthusiasm, but you are plain wrong.

I agree but then you did get almost the whole Browns D-line before the draft. Course that can be a bad thing as well. We'll see... :hmmm:

TEX
04-23-2005, 11:30 PM

Um...I doubt that 5' 8" CB of yours is going to grow... ROFL

the Talking Can
04-23-2005, 11:31 PM

wtf?

pedigree?

you still don't understand: you could have 40 CBs and whittle them down...it doesn't matter if they all suck...are you considered smart at the mange?

Warhorse
04-23-2005, 11:31 PM

While I too wish that we could have had a great sexy pick to take one of these high rated offensive or defensive linemen, it just didn't work out like that. By the time we selected in the 2nd, all that was left at DT was Anttaj Hawthorne, aka the weed smoker.

We made our moves on the defensive line in free agency and obviously by our draft, we didn't feel we could improve through that area. I guess you could say that we have put all our eggs in one basket with our free agent trades and additions. Like it or not, thats where we are.

I too would have liked to draft an offensive linemen. I guess we are content with the ones we have. We have been pretty effective at developing them so i'm not overly concerned.

So, with those problems being answered, we turned our attention to CB where we had a undrafted free agent starting against the Colts last year. That wasn't good enough so we went to the extreme of drafting three quality guys to bring into our program. Who knows how good they will be until the games are played but I don't blame the front office for not trying to add talent to weak areas.

Hey, there is no homer-vision on here. I think we easily rank 3rd or 4th in our division in terms of our draft class. But you know how these things work out... quality players can be found in the most unlikely of positions.

NaptownChief
04-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Looks like the Mane server crashed and burned almost as hard as Rat did in the draft today....

That was the worst drafting I have seen in a long time...I honestly thought for a second that Carl Peterson's new contract was actually with the Donks and not the Chiefs.

the Talking Can
04-23-2005, 11:34 PM
here is the Donco's draft....pedigree and all

#14 is their stud 2nd round pick...notice the confident victory sign held above the adult sized helmet..:

http://www.millbrookmustangs.org/Midgets.jpg

Archie Bunker
04-23-2005, 11:35 PM
here is the Donco's draft....pedigree and all:

Rep ROFL

NaptownChief
04-23-2005, 11:36 PM

I think all of those kids are actually faster than Clarett.

Warhorse
04-23-2005, 11:36 PM
well, hell....you watched the video, you got me....your new nickle back is 5'8'' 175lb stud...

p.s.

this ain't the mange, your sad homer b.s. is obvious to us all....

YOUR DRAFT IS A JOKE.

WE ARE LAUGHING.

Well now you get to experience the joy we Broncos fans have thinking about KC's playoff success over the past 30 years.

Honestly it doesn't matter what you or I say about the draft. It will be determined on the field.

tk13
04-23-2005, 11:37 PM

ROFL ROFL That is the most I've cracked up over a post in a while...

NaptownChief
Honestly it doesn't matter what you or I say about the draft. It will be determined on the field.

That much is certain....And I have a hunch the Marcus Nash draft will look good compared to this stinker.

Archie Bunker
Well now you get to experience the joy we Broncos fans have thinking about KC's playoff success over the past 30 years.

It certainly will

45-17

Freekofnature
04-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Its good to have CB that were actually drafted.

the Talking Can

actually it does, when you bring that homer nonsense over here....you reached badly for every single pick....live with it

TEX

Typical - when pushed, the past is brought up to defend the present. ROFL

TEX
04-23-2005, 11:40 PM
actually it does, when you bring that homer nonsense over here....you reached badly for every single pick....live with it

Nobody has to reach far to catch Clorett... :p

RINGLEADER
04-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Somebody punch me in the face.

Definitely a top-ten favorite.

NaptownChief
04-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Hey Clarrett Jug might be slow as $hit but at least he is a quality locker room character. ROFL

the Talking Can
04-23-2005, 11:44 PM
#55 is Randy Moss

#39 is the Broncos 2nd round draft pick

http://www.tualatinyouthfootball.org/images/a0a72.jpg

WebGem
04-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Dude - can you take your sig down to about half that height?
Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier but I never got to finding a new pic. I'll just take it out completely for now. Sorry.

Warhorse
04-23-2005, 11:58 PM
It certainly will

45-17

Good to see you got your playoff game out of the way early. Wouldn't want to ruin any vacation plans for January.

And once again, Denver finished higher then the Chiefs in the division.

For all your babbling, how do Chief fans still try to rag on other fans when their own team always chokes in the playoffs, at home no less, and hasn't won a playoff game since... what, 92'? 93'? Are we going on 13 years now?

Congrats, you guys are paper champs for this year. Once again, your soft ass squad will get run through, over, around, and every way in-between when you make your way to Mile High this season. As much as I like Johnson, the last thing you guys need is a LB that likes to avoid contact against our rushing attack.

Archie Bunker
04-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Good to see you got your playoff game out of the way early. Wouldn't want to ruin any vacation plans for January.

And once again, Denver finished higher then the Chiefs in the division.

For all your babbling, how do Chief fans still try to rag on other fans when their own team always chokes in the playoffs, at home no less, and hasn't won a playoff game since... what, 92'? 93'? Are we going on 13 years now?

Congrats, you guys are paper champs for this year. Once again, your soft ass squad will get run through, over, around, and every way in-between when you make your way to Mile High this season. As much as I like Johnson, the last thing you guys need is a LB that likes to avoid contact against our rushing attack.

How did your playoff game turn out again?

Every team not named NE is the same right now if they made the playoffs or not.

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:02 AM

Who evaluates a reach? You? Because you read he was listed as the 7th rated CB out of some magazine or off the internet?

Jesus, you are more stupid then I thought.

Like I said, on the field. And if you paid attention to those words, you would take your sorry self back to the hole you came from. As Chief fan, you really don't have much to brag about.

Another sub-par season landed the Chiefs another top 15 pick and Derrick Johnson. Congrats to you. Unfortunately Denver routinely never picks that low, so I wouldn't know what the talent level looks like that high in the first round.

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:05 AM
How did your playoff game turn out again?

Every team not named NE is the same right now if they made the playoffs or not.

True and hey, we are finally getting somewhere. The playoff game? 3 CB's? Anybody see a trend here? We got burned, so we went hell bent on drafting CB's. I'm not defending the picks besides to say that we needed the talent obviously. That tends to go over some peoples heads here.

HolmeZz
04-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Denver obviously wasn't that confident in the CBs they were choosing, or they wouldn't have taken 3 of them. They're just playing the percentage game and hoping atleast one of their guys pans out.

TEX
04-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Who evaluates a reach? You? Because you read he was listed as the 7th rated CB out of some magazine or off the internet?

Jesus, you are more stupid then I thought.

Like I said, on the field. And if you paid attention to those words, you would take your sorry self back to the hole you came from. As Chief fan, you really don't have much to brag about.

Another sub-par season landed the Chiefs another top 15 pick and Derrick Johnson. Congrats to you. Unfortunately Denver routinely never picks that low, so I wouldn't know what the talent level looks like that high in the first round.

Well I have a feeling you'll understand all to well next draft...

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Denver obviously wasn't that confident in the CBs they were choosing, or they wouldn't have taken 3 of them. They're just playing the percentage game and hoping atleast one of their guys pans out.

Its a game of numbers and you have to draft smart. Then again, you have to have forsight. Two of our top three corners next year are going to be free agents. You have to be prepared for this stuff or you end up having gaping holes all over the field like KC.

Our first pick looks like a great nickel back, playmaking ability to boot. He also has tremendous return skills which we obviously need. We lost the battle for field position a bunch last year. He'll have a hard time being much more then a 3rd CB because he is 5'8".

The other two have size and speed and look to be more like projects for us to develope. That is essential in the AFC with teams moving more to passing offenses.

TEX
04-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Its a game of numbers and you have to draft smart. Then again, you have to have forsight. Two of our top three corners next year are going to be free agents. You have to be prepared for this stuff or you end up having gaping holes all over the field like KC.

Our first pick looks like a great nickel back, playmaking ability to boot. He also has tremendous return skills which we obviously need. We lost the battle for field position a bunch last year. He'll have a hard time being much more then a 3rd CB because he is 5'8".

The other two have size and speed and look to be more like projects for us to develope. That is essential in the AFC with teams moving more to passing offenses.

There is no hope for you. But do carry on. You sound like you're trying to convince yourself that it was all good. This stuff is priceless! :)

Frazod
04-24-2005, 12:28 AM
This year in the AFC West is going to be war.

AFC West = War

Broncos = France

ROFL

Pezman
04-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Dear God,

Why us? Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Your faithful Orange hoarde

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:42 AM
France never won anything... so wouldn't that put KC perfectly in place to be France?

FYI: Arizona has more playoff wins in the last 13 years then the Chiefs do. Thought you might like to know.

Frazod
04-24-2005, 12:46 AM
France never won anything... so wouldn't that put KC perfectly in place to be France?

FYI: Arizona has more playoff wins in the last 13 years then the Chiefs do. Thought you might like to know.

That's funny - I thought we were talking about the future, not the past.

Oh, that's right - the past is all you clowns have after today. Enjoy it.

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Chief fans tend to repeat the phrase "wait till' next year" a lot.