PDA

View Full Version : Hell yeah....got us a corner...that's right

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 12:02 AM
And not just one....I'm talking about three in a row. Awesome....maybe we can't get more tomorrow.ROFL

:shake:

Demonpenz
04-24-2005, 12:04 AM
i almost feel bad for you guys....

almost

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Garcia, you know anything about the Mane's problems?

TEX
04-24-2005, 12:06 AM
And not just one....I'm talking about three in a row. Awesome....maybe we can't get more tomorrow.ROFL

:shake:

Well some of your brothers are spinning it into a positive. :)
Glad you call it as you see it rather than how you want to see it. Maybe you should try and help them? :hmmm:

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Spinning it into a positive? How am I supposed to look at it?

We got destroyed two straight years in the playoffs by Peyton Manning and his toys?

What do we do?

Draft three CB's. Its quite simple. We got burned, we needed help.

I love how this has turned in me trying to spin this into a homeristic take. LMAO.

Freekofnature
04-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Glad the planeteers have crystal balls...... they can already look at the future and say how much the draftees suck.......

Give me a break........

No matter how bad a draft looks you hold your judgement for about three years.

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Glad the planeteers have crystal balls...... they can already look at the future and say how much the draftees suck.......

Give me a break........

No matter how bad a draft looks you hold your judgement for about three years.
ROFL

Seriously wake up.

beer bacon
04-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Your draft would have looked sooo much better if you would have taken Miller in the second and Chris Henry in the third. Who the hell is Karl Paymah?

Freekofnature
04-24-2005, 12:13 AM
ROFL

Seriously wake up.
You never know whats going to happen with this draft.

I doubt that you have even seen any of these guy actually play and studied them.

Draft picks dont develop fast sometimes.

If DJ sucks balls next year, am I going to call him a bust? No.

We dont know what will happen for sure.

Im holding my judgement.

keg in kc
04-24-2005, 12:15 AM
We got destroyed two straight years in the playoffs by Peyton Manning and his toys?

What do we do?

Draft three CB's. Its quite simple. We got burned, we needed help. .Yeah, I can totally see why you'd draft three corners. I mean, it's not like you have Champ Bailey. It's not like you drafted LeSueur last year. Five draft picks spent on corner in two years.

Brilliant!

TEX
04-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Spinning it into a positive? How am I supposed to look at it?

What do we do?

Draft three CB's. Its quite simple. We got burned, we needed help.

I love how this has turned in me trying to spin this into a homeristic take. LMAO.

If you really want to laugh, save all this stuff and then laugh at yourself for actually trying sooooooooo hard to defend it. ROFL

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 12:17 AM
i almost feel bad for you guys....

almost

Why....we got our draft day fun when we traded out of the first. We got a number one in a much deeper draft next year. We've got Moss to worry about and Indy...we took some corners. And then we took Clarett...who might not make the team. ahh...It really doesn't bother me. It should....but it doesn't. I don't like that he comitted Insurance fraud...but anyway...what is...is. We'll still make the playoffs next year. The West will be tough...plus we play the NFC east...and Baltimore...tough schedule...but we'll do it

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Garcia, you know anything about the Mane's problems?

Database problem....they had to take the site down....we're moving to the a dedicated server soon...and we're pruning the database

the Talking Can
04-24-2005, 12:18 AM
if you any of the CBs you drafted were actually good then you wouldn't have needed 3....maybe the dumbest 1st day ever...

TEX
04-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Why....we got our draft day fun when we traded out of the first. We got a number one in a much deeper draft next year. We've got Moss to worry about and Indy...we took some corners. And then we took Clarett...who might not make the team. ahh...It really doesn't bother me. It should....but it doesn't. I don't like that he comitted Insurance fraud...but anyway...what is...is. We'll still make the playoffs next year. The West will be tough...plus we play the NFC east...and Baltimore...tough schedule...but we'll do it

:)

keg in kc
04-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Database problem....they had to take the site down....we're moving to the a dedicated server soon...and we're pruning the databaseI'd point and laugh if I wasn't so stunned that we stayed online all day.

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Well some of your brothers are spinning it into a positive. :)
Glad you call it as you see it rather than how you want to see it. Maybe you should try and help them? :hmmm:

TEX it could go either way on some of these guys...but they're rookies that have to first make the team

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I can totally see why you'd draft three corners. I mean, it's not like you have Champ Bailey. It's not like you drafted LeSueur last year. Five draft picks spent on corner in two years.

Brilliant!

OK, Champ has one spot. Who started for us last year against the Colts and who was playing our nickel spot? Two undrafted free agents.

You can say all you want about LeSueur and Jeff Schoate, the guys we drafted last year... they were on the IR all season. Hardly sure bets.

We now have Champ, Lenny Walls, and Willie Middlebrooks as our top three CB's. Walls and Middlebrooks contract is up after this year. Those that don't make arrangements to lose players in free agency, tend to suck.

Hence why the Chiefs have routinely been in the bottom of the division during the past 8 years. Failure to plan ahead. Even if this draft doesn't make a tremendous impact, we are better for having them on the roster down the road.

Garcia Bronco
I'd point and laugh if I wasn't so stunned that we stayed online all day.

I've had problems with this site all day

keg in kc
Garcia, when you're feeling down, just stop, take a deep breath, and remember that you now have the entire Browns defensive line on your roster.

Always happy to help!

keg in kc
04-24-2005, 12:23 AM
I've had problems with this site all dayI didn't even bother logging on. 'course that's mainly because I fell alseep right after we picked.

the Talking Can
04-24-2005, 12:24 AM
OK, Champ has one spot. Who started for us last year against the Colts and who was playing our nickel spot? Two undrafted free agents.

You can say all you want about LeSueur and Jeff Schoate, the guys we drafted last year... they were on the IR all season. Hardly sure bets.

We now have Champ, Lenny Walls, and Willie Middlebrooks as our top three CB's. Walls and Middlebrooks contract is up after this year. Those that don't make arrangements to lose players in free agency, tend to suck.

Hence why the Chiefs have routinely been in the bottom of the division during the past 8 years. Failure to plan ahead. Even if this draft doesn't make a tremendous impact, we are better for having them on the roster down the road.

You are like some kind of rare Homer God...I've never met one in which the Homer force was so strong and absurd...

beer bacon
04-24-2005, 12:26 AM
You are like some kind of rare Homer God...I've never met one in which the Homer force was so strong and absurd...

When you need a sure thing to shore up your secondary who you gonna? Karl Paymah!

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:27 AM
if you any of the CBs you drafted were actually good then you wouldn't have needed 3....maybe the dumbest 1st day ever...

compared to the Chiefs last year? Or how about the year before that?

I could always point out 2002 when your best player from that draft has been Fujita who was drafted in the 5th round.

How about the year before?

The chiefs are the model franchise for what NOT to do on draft day... so in turn, maybe you all know what you are talking about and I should listen to you... ;)

the Talking Can
04-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Dever drafted 4th and 5th round players in the 2nd and 3rd...and now they're lecturing us on foresight and pedigree.....right....

the Talking Can
04-24-2005, 12:28 AM
compared to the Chiefs last year? Or how about the year before that?

I could always point out 2002 when your best player from that draft has been Fujita who was drafted in the 5th round.

How about the year before?

The chiefs are the model franchise for what NOT to do on draft day... so in turn, maybe you all know what you are talking about and I should listen to you... ;)

in other words, I'm right....

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Dever drafted 4th and 5th round players in the 2nd and 3rd...and now they're lecturing us on foresight and pedigree.....right....

Well considering we don't have "4th and 5th" round draft selections, maybe that factored into the equation. Keep trying though.

Freekofnature
according to who?

Damn you know I didnt like this draft at all, but some of you guys are killing me.

keg in kc
The chiefs are the model franchise for what NOT to do on draft day... so in turn, maybe you all know what you are talking about and I should listen to you... Trust me, if anybody can recognize a bad draft, it's us. You know you're in trouble when we're laughing.

And just wait until the shock of the Chiefs actually drafting someone we recognize in the appropriate round wears off. Then we'll really let you know how we feel.

the Talking Can
04-24-2005, 12:30 AM
according to who?

Damn you know I didnt like this draft at all, but some of you guys are killing me.

according to everyone who isn't a bronco homer or holder of Shanny's colostomy bag....

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 12:31 AM
Garcia, when you're feeling down, just stop, take a deep breath, and remember that you now have the entire Browns defensive line on your roster.

Always happy to help!

I think those guys will do well in the rotation....if they all make the team...Warren and Brown are in...plus Pryce....and I think Ebenzer doesn't make it...but those guys are going to tear it up. And if you think we'll be as easy win or crazy stuff like that...you've lost your mind. I think the Denver defense has gotten better at most postions...except saftey.

One of the corner we drafted today is going to return kicks...we drafted a return guy.

TEX
04-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Well considering we don't have "4th and 5th" round draft selections, maybe that factored into the equation. Keep trying though.

Well it looks like you didn't have a 2nd or 3rd's either... :)

Freekofnature
04-24-2005, 12:34 AM
according to everyone who isn't a bronco homer or holder of Shanny's colostomy bag....
As expected.........

I glad you have the ability to predict the future.

What will happen no one really knows.

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 12:35 AM
This is such a weak drft from top to bottom. There's a reach or 2...BFD...it's a crap shoot

TEX
04-24-2005, 12:35 AM
I think those guys will do well in the rotation....if they all make the team...Warren and Brown are in...plus Pryce....and I think Ebenzer doesn't make it...but those guys are going to tear it up. And if you think we'll be as easy win or crazy stuff like that...you've lost your mind. I think the Denver defense has gotten better at most postions...except saftey.

One of the corner we drafted today is going to return kicks...we drafted a return guy.

Um...then that's certainly worth a 2nd. ROFL

TEX
04-24-2005, 12:36 AM
As expected.........

I gald too...

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:36 AM
I've been a critic of Shanahan's drafts many time. Thats why I don't buy into the D-post's crap about who we are interested in. Gurranteed its almost always somebody else.

Sure enough, I was right again.

If you have a need, I don't see a problem with filling it. Many people have stated that this was one of the deepest CB drafts in awhile, so while I wish we could have picked up a guard or even another WR, I'm not going to piss and moan about CB's when the one's we have right now are not cutting it.

Shanahan can get roasted by all sides of the fire but one thing is for sure. You can never blaim the man for lack of trying.

When we lost to Indy last year, we went to an extreme in an effort to improve, we basically traded our best player on offense for a franchise corner.

This year he tore up the script again, knowing that we had limited finances to work with, he managed free agent aquisitions and trades beautifully to improve our defensive front. The jury is still out on how effective it will be but at least he is trying new things.

Now, Shanahan see's a need to improve our CB position. So he drafts three of them.

Thats the way it is.

Say what you want about Shanahan but their are about 29 other teams that would fire their coach right now and hire him if they had the chance.... and the Chiefs would be one of those teams.

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 12:37 AM
As expected.........

You are right.

I don't know why they even make projections or do scouting. ROFL

Warhorse
04-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Um...then that's certainly worth a 2nd. ROFL

If he can give us half of what Dante gives you guys, I'll consider it a great investment. He looks to have that same explosiveness that makes Hall great.

Freekofnature
04-24-2005, 12:39 AM
You are right.

I don't know why they even make projections or do scouting. ROFL

Those so called draft experts have been wrong and many times. A shit load actually.

How about we wait this out?

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 12:40 AM
You guys keep talkin like this...I'll have to put the Hex on your season like I did last year.....

Straight, No Chaser
04-24-2005, 12:43 AM
...Say what you want about Shanahan but their are about 29 other teams that would fire their coach right now and hire him if they had the chance.... and the Chiefs would be one of those teams.

What Planet do you think we're on? Obviously not the same as the one you're on.

---->

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Those so called draft experts have been wrong and many times. A shit load actually.

How about we wait this out?
I am sure you have never talked in a bad way about a Chiefs draft pick in the past before you waited them out. ROFL

Pezman
04-24-2005, 12:46 AM
I am sure you have never talked in a bad way about a Chiefs draft pick in the past before you waited them out. ROFL

So, when can we expect a Zachishere.com Broncos website bro? We are waiting in vain
:deevee:

keg in kc
04-24-2005, 12:48 AM
I think those guys will do well in the rotation....if they all make the team...Warren and Brown are in...plus Pryce....and I think Ebenzer doesn't make it...but those guys are going to tear it up.I don't think much of any of them except for Pryce. The Browns were horrid against the run and while, statistically, they rank high in pass defense, they didn't have much in the way of sacks and pressure. Maybe they can be something more in Denver than they were in Cleveland, but if I were in the situation you are, I wouldn't be feeling very good about it.And if you think we'll be as easy win or crazy stuff like that...you've lost your mind.No division game is ever going to be an easy win...I think the Denver defense has gotten better at most postions...except saftey.I don't see it that way. I think you're treading water, at best, and I really wonder how your personnel is going to translate into a 3-4, especially at the LB position where you're full of lighter speed type linebackers, the type of player generally more attuned to a 4-3. I don't see a prototypical rush LB on the roster, so I'm wondering whether you'll convert a DE or try to use one of the lighter LB. It just doesn't look like a logical fit for the roster you have. Which doesn't mean it won't work, of course. Your personnel and coaching staffs are clearly more qualified to make these sorts of decisions than I am.One of the corner we drafted today is going to return kicks...we drafted a return guy.Yeah, but even so I think you're suffering from the same kind of desperate tunnel vision that led us into drafting eleven thousand defensive linemen between 2001 and 2004.

Freekofnature
04-24-2005, 12:56 AM
No I havent actually.

never seen me talk?

I dont trash talk or make stereotypical hick comments.

And I thought LJ was going to pummel us while other thought he was a bust and what not.

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 12:58 AM
So, when can we expect a Zachishere.com Broncos website bro? We are waiting in vain
:deevee:
Haha, I would have to charge you fellas. Good to see around though.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 01:01 AM
This trade will bite your ass if Washington actually competes this year, thats an if though.

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 01:05 AM
I don't think much of any of them except for Pryce. The Browns were horrid against the run and while, statistically, they rank high in pass defense, they didn't have much in the way of sacks and pressure. Maybe they can be something more in Denver than they were in Cleveland, but if I were in the situation you are, I wouldn't be feeling very good about it.No division game is ever going to be an easy win...I don't see it that way. I think you're treading water, at best, and I really wonder how your personnel is going to translate into a 3-4, especially at the LB position where you're full of lighter speed type linebackers, the type of player generally more attuned to a 4-3. I don't see a prototypical rush LB on the roster, so I'm wondering whether you'll convert a DE or try to use one of the lighter LB. It just doesn't look like a logical fit for the roster you have. Which doesn't mean it won't work, of course. Your personnel and coaching staffs are clearly more qualified to make these sorts of decisions than I am.Yeah, but even so I think you're suffering from the same kind of desperate tunnel vision that led us into drafting eleven thousand defensive linemen between 2001 and 2004.

We'll have a 3-4 package...but we'll still run the base 4-3. Our LB's a re waaaay better than what was in Cleveland. That's a big part of the run defense too. And really Brown didn't play due to injury...because Cleveland has been trying to get him to play a higher weight than his body can handle. Realistically...the d-line can be no worse that last year...Heyward had to sacks and 4 came in one game against the the Tits...and they fielded scabs that night.

Our season depends on the samething it did last season..the play of Plummer and the offense...to often they didn't make it happen in the redzone...and put the defense in bad postion with turnovers...And too the defense's credit...they usually held teams to 3. We need more out of our return game...and that's what the 56th pick is about.

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 01:06 AM
This trade will bite your ass if Washington actually competes this year, thats an if though.

Worst case senario with respect to draft order is we draft 31 and 32...that ain't going to happen...so we'll have two picks to move just about anywhere

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 01:09 AM
We all play Washington this year....So that's going to get strange...if KC for exampl...beats the skins...you help that draft position....if you lose to the skins....you fall back another game.

Haha

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Worst case senario with respect to draft order is we draft 31 and 32...that ain't going to happen...so we'll have two picks to move just about anywhere
Yeah that is true, it will be good to have two picks, hopefully they will make wiser picks next year. ;)

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 01:13 AM
Yeah that is true, it will be good to have two picks, hopefully they will make wiser picks next year. ;)

Look...there was no way that our draft was going to look sexy today after we traded out of the first...our first pick was at like 8:30 tonight. You guys picked what...a punter and an OLB?

J Diddy
04-24-2005, 01:17 AM
Look...there was no way that our draft was going to look sexy today after we traded out of the first...our first pick was at like 8:30 tonight. You guys picked what...a punter and an OLB?

Best punter in the draft, and IMO the best LB in the draft.

It may not be sexy enough for you, but for me I'm jerking it right now.

BTW, how's Jason Baker doing?

Freekofnature
04-24-2005, 01:17 AM
Damn I need my OM fix.....

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Best punter in the draft, and IMO the best LB in the draft.

It may not be sexy enough for you, but for me I'm jerking it right now.

BTW, how's Jason Baker doing?

He's punting them across the practice tent.

We'll see....DJ played in the big 12....which is weaker talent in college football. But compared to the players in the draft...he's a good pick...Carl wanted to trade out on him...that should tell you something right there about this whole draft.

What does it tell you about this draft that Kiper's top rated guy hadn't played football in 15 months?

Priestgets30TDs
04-24-2005, 01:51 AM
He's punting them across the practice tent.

We'll see....DJ played in the big 12....which is weaker talent in college football. But compared to the players in the draft...he's a good pick...Carl wanted to trade out on him...that should tell you something right there about this whole draft.

What does it tell you about this draft that Kiper's top rated guy hadn't played football in 15 months?

Actually I take it as a good sign that Carl wanted to trade out on him. Lately it's the picks that Carl really want that scare me.

WebGem
04-24-2005, 02:14 AM
Say what you want about Shanahan but their are about 29 other teams that would fire their coach right now and hire him if they had the chance.... and the Chiefs would be one of those teams.
Sorry.

You're an idiot.

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Actually I take it as a good sign that Carl wanted to trade out on him. Lately it's the picks that Carl really want that scare me.

LOL

NY CHIEF
04-24-2005, 09:51 AM
You mean 2 &1/2 corners :p

chiefmachine
04-24-2005, 09:57 AM
If i was a donks fan I whould be more concerned with the front seven. The chiefs OO-strength is there not over the top!

Simplex3
04-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Here's what I want to know. Is the NFL going to let the Donks field 15 players when they go up against Indy and Oakland? If not then 8 mediocre db's isn't going to do a damn bit more good then 3 mediocre db's. Just ask the Chiefs.