PDA

View Full Version : Orangemane Cliff Notes: NFL Draft - Day 1

tk13
04-24-2005, 03:26 AM
It's up and running again, here's some of the carnage before the Mane blew up... :)

Crap, Derrick Johnson is in range of the chiefs.

The Lions should select D Johnson, unless someone offers them a sweet deal.

no way Johnson makes it past Dallas. No way.

I knew Matt Meathead was a clown, but good lord!

i'm praying that Rogers slides to KC at #15... PLEASE LORD, IF YOU DO ANYTHING FOR ME IN THE 1ST ROUND, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Johnson still there, King Carl salivating. Someone do something!

Houston is going to take Derrick Johnson, no brainer. They have no one there

Houston would be smart to take Johnson. Fills a supposed need, plus the UTerus fans down there would love the Texans for that.

HOU please take Johnson.

Does Carolina need a LB at all? I think they'll go DJ.

we are one pick away from being SCREWED.

if carolina get DJ, then KC can get rodgers, that would be great. DJ is a stud this guy will be an instant playmaker, much like his name sake (our DJ; jk) he had tons of forced fumbles, he is like a little LT in the making, IMO.

Chiefs are up....

**** me.... scuse my french....

now we have to pray Carl screws up because this will just cast a pall over the entire draft if he doesnt.

KC should trade down. :D

Please blow this pick KC.

DJ in KC... The Chiefs continue to have themselves a good off season.

What a steal for the Chefs. Great pick.

Great pick. He creates turnovers. Definitely something KC needs. Wow. This sucks right now.

well now i am officially depressed. shouldnt have woke up this morning.

This ****ing sucks.

DJ is disruptive.

Well... I think this gives KC at least a top 15 defense with the additions and Gunther calling the schemes.

if Johnson learns some pass rush moves to go with his speed, you are looking at the next #58 in KC. He was one of my sure fire playmakers in this draft.

Dude is a monster.... he will dominate early and often

Come on #56!!!!!!!!

(CB Justin) Miller would be an absolute steal

(WR Vincent) Jackson would be better long term for us

COME ON, Miller or Jackson

Miller or Jackson

At least we are guaranteed Miller or Jackson will be there. We will probably pass on them though, or trade down. Such is a the way of draft day...

We're on the CLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!

who do we pick now?

Come on Shanny give us Miller!!!

The clock stopped. We sprinted up there....

Darrent Williams, CB OK State.

What the F**K

What the hell!?!?!

Darrent Williams??

what a joke, darrent williams? ********

who is Darrent Williams?!?!

WTF? Way to blow it Shanny

I smell a riot

****ing Shannahan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we start the fire Shanny thread again?

We drafting a ****ing midget

Oh, **** me, another goddamn midget!

Unbelievable. We just drafted a 5-8 corner that weighs 170 soaking wet.

You've got to be f'n kidding me, JUSTIN MILLER GOES NEXT TO THE JETS!

Vincent jackson to the chargers, good job shanny!

How does Shanahan keep his job with this pick... surely he's giving Bowlen BJs on the side or something

Assessment: Abyssmal Pick.

i thought i just heard randy moss laughing his ass off.

Mel Kiper didn't even have a comment really, he just looked stunned with Miller still on the board.

My ****ing cat can run a sub 4.3 40 too, but that doesn't make him an NFL corner. I am literally dumbfounded.

teedubya
04-24-2005, 03:39 AM
heh. I love watching them suffer. Im deviant like that.

beer bacon
04-24-2005, 03:46 AM
heh. I love watching them suffer. Im deviant like that.

Yeah, I laughed for a good five minutes straight reading the denverbroncos.com board after they picked Clarett.

RedDread
04-24-2005, 03:52 AM
I think for the rest of the week everyone on CP should pick a quote from orangemane regarding the draft. There are just so many good ones, I can't have em all in my sig.

One of my personal favorites below \/

elvomito
04-24-2005, 03:53 AM
for once people aren't laughing at us

easymobee
04-24-2005, 03:54 AM
Don't think we didn't get a great kick out of your draft thread last year ....

You guys got a good player.

Also good job to get Surtain for the 2nd. CP would have lost the gamble that hinged on one of the 3 good Rookie CB's making it to 15.

Thats what happens when you lose 9 games and get to draft in the top 15 though ....

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 04:05 AM
SOMEBODY PUNCH ME IN THE FACE

tk13
04-24-2005, 04:21 AM
ROFL Oh yeah, I also got negative rep for saying I was thrilled with the DJ pick. Didn't even say anything inflammatory. Big babies. Now I see where Saul gets it from. :)

htismaqe
04-24-2005, 06:43 AM
Thats what happens when you lose 9 games and get to draft in the top 15 though ....

Hey, don't hate on us.

Your team had a 1st-round pick...that they traded away. ROFL

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Watching donkeys suffer is great sport. That's the funniest I've ever seen the Mange.

Big Chief Homer
04-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Darrent Williams,who the hell is that?

where did his mom come up with the T at the end of Darren.

They must have been low on cash the month he was born.

"Oh no! the landlord's on his way up,see if he'll take the baby in exchange for Da'Rent"

mlyonsd
04-24-2005, 07:14 AM
This thread just made my day. Thanks tk.

Coach
04-24-2005, 07:19 AM
ROFL

Here's another goodie about Williams.

"My ****ing cat can run a sub 4.3 40 too, but that doesn't make him an NFL corner. I am literally dumbfounded"

4th and Long
04-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Darrent Williams,who the hell is that?

where did his mom come up with the T at the end of Darren.

They must have been low on cash the month he was born.

"Oh no! the landlord's on his way up,see if he'll take the baby in exchange for Da'Rent"
It's all about the "T." Darrent. Sounds like Deviant, which is what the Donks seem to want in the draft this year, ala Clarett. You'll also note that Midget ends with a "T".

:D

Big Chief Homer
04-24-2005, 07:30 AM
It's all about the "T." Darrent. Sounds like Deviant, which is what the Donks seem to want in the draft this year, ala Clarett. You'll also note that Midget ends with a "T".

:D

ROFL :clap:

the Talking Can
04-24-2005, 08:24 AM
This thread is better than Paxil.

Thank you.

PHOG
04-24-2005, 08:31 AM
ROFL ROFL :LOL:

the Talking Can
04-24-2005, 08:41 AM
"I can only assume Shanahan spent the entire morning ****faced on Irish whiskey when he made those selections. In his post draft comments Mike should have simply said, "We're Peyton Manning's bitch and the Oakland wide receivers terrify me."

here's a link to thread where Bronco fans grade their draft...concensus? F

"It's a joke, a god damn joke." (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=25343)

NaptownChief
04-24-2005, 08:45 AM
Now that they have had a night to sleep on their anger some of them are starting in on their Blind Homer "It wasn't that bad" mode....Kinda like the morning after when a tornado ripped through your neighborhood and tore down your house but you come out and start with the "were just lucky we are alive and healthy and have to be really thankful..." :D

PHOG
04-24-2005, 08:47 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL :LOL: :thumb:

suds79
04-24-2005, 08:51 AM
That just made my week.

I didn't even realize that the Broncos had passed up Justin Miller until I read that.

Feeling good. :)

Hammock Parties
04-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Personally, I think it's awesome... I think he'll be a great fit for our offense. I don't buy any of the negative hype about this kid. He's a dedicated football player who isn't the character problem that people want to say he is, just because he believed enough in himself to challenge the system. That's exactly the kind of guy that I want on my team. And the misconception that he slowed down because he got fat will be disproven in no time. This kid is a dedicated workout warrior...

This kid is hungry. I think we got a great pick.

ChiTown
04-24-2005, 08:57 AM
Holy crap!

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. ROFL

Those ****sticks deserve every bit of their "good" fortune.... :clap:

the Talking Can
04-24-2005, 09:00 AM
What was Bowlen's quote about guys with character?

How does Clarett fit into that?

alanm
04-24-2005, 09:41 AM
The Mane was up just a few minutes ago but seems to have melted down again. I guess people have logged back on since they are coming alive again from their alcohol induced coma's from last evening from the Rats recent picks. :)

Chan93lx50
04-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Taco is a ****ing joke, If Shanahan broke down and started sucking players dicks he would find a way to make the situation shine like a diamond

KCWolfman
04-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Don't think we didn't get a great kick out of your draft thread last year ....

You guys got a good player.

Also good job to get Surtain for the 2nd. CP would have lost the gamble that hinged on one of the 3 good Rookie CB's making it to 15.

Obviously what happens when you continually lose to one team is that you draft 67 CBs in an attempt to stop that team. Why does it matter what number you pick? Obviously Shanahan did not pick the best available player - which is what a draft is supposed to be about - regardless of your pick number.

mlyonsd
04-24-2005, 10:25 AM
I've got to imagine Jake Plummer fell off his couch when he saw who was available to us at #15.

That and drop a few F-bombs.

Vegas_Dave
04-24-2005, 10:30 AM
that was VERY entertaining.

Ultra Peanut
04-25-2005, 05:04 AM
well now i am officially depressed. shouldnt have woke up this morning.How many times have I said that on draft day? ROFL

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 06:03 AM
What was Bowlen's quote about guys with character?

How does Clarett fit into that?
The rat doesn't know what "Profile" means. He heard some other coaches say it and it sounded good to him.

Mile High Mania
04-25-2005, 08:17 AM
I was out all weekend visiting the folks, but I thought you guys did well in R1... hopefully the midget CB Denver selected can be a solid kickoff/punt returner. Lord knows I'm sick of seeing Rod back there... that's the last thing we need him doing.

I was shocked at taking Maurice in R3... knew somebody would take him, but damn... we'll see what Bobby Turner can do with him. Nice depth possibly, and with the way Denver goes through RBs, that's good.

I was surprised they took him and not 1-2 others that were still on the board. Overall, this was a depth filling draft... wish they would have taken an OT for depth purposes earlier and not 3 straight CBs, but who am I?

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Just how fast can a cat run the 40?

Rain Man
04-25-2005, 09:41 AM

This question fascinates me. I'm going to have to look into this.

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 09:47 AM

How much gas was their tail dipped in before you lit the fire?

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 09:47 AM
This question fascinates me. I'm going to have to look into this.
Please do. I'm guessing the high twos.