View Full Version : Q&A WR CRAPHONSO THORPE

DaKCMan AP
04-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Q&A WR CRAPHONSO THORPE
Apr 24, 2005, 12:19:33 PM

FOURTH-ROUND DRAFT PICK (116TH OVERALL)crap2
TELECONFERENCE

Q: Can you describe your style of play?

THORPE: “I hope to bring another dimension of my game and add that to the wrinkles that they already have. I’m a fast, elusive receiver that can stretch the field, and hopefully I can fit into the offense.”

Q: How is your leg after that injury during your junior year?

THORPE: “I’m fine now. There are no problems with that.”

Q: Did you get all of your track speed back?

THORPE: “I got it all back. I’m good.”

Q: With the Chiefs aging receivers do you see this as a big opportunity with a team that needs help?

THORPE: “Definitely. Like you said, they have a lot of older receivers. Hopefully I can learn a few things from them and step in a make some contributions early.”

Q: Have the Chiefs coaches talked to you at all about special teams play or returning kicks?

THORPE: “They haven’t thus far, but I’m sure they’ll get around to it.”

Q: What do you know about the Chiefs offense?

THORPE: “They do a lot of things and they’ve been very effective at it. I’m just happy to be a part of the team right now and I’m anxious to get in there and get started.”

Q: Are you familiar with some of the Chiefs receivers like Eddie Kennison?

THORPE: “I think they’re great receivers. I think they also bring their own style of play to the table. I’m excited to play with them.”

Q: What style of play do you think you have?

THORPE: “Well as far as my attitude towards the game, it’s just being aggressive. Not only being aggressive, but also being a fast and speedy receiver who can catch very well. It’s hard to find a receiver who does all that. There are definitely a few in the league that possess those capabilities, but I haven’t really seen any.”

cdcox
04-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Why didn't they ask him about his style of play?

wazu
04-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Sounds like he's the total package, and by his own estimation is a more complete receiver than anyone in the league. Based on his self-analysis, I see the beginning of a Hall of Fame career.

runnercyclist
04-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Why didnt they ask him what his nickname is? or what his mother was on when she named him?

go bo
04-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Why didnt they ask him what his nickname is? or what his mother was on when she named him?almost reminds me of that old johnny cash song, a boy named sue...

VonneMarie
04-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Why didnt they ask him what his nickname is? or what his mother was on when she named him?
ROFL