PDA

View Full Version : I have to admit KCChiefs.com has impressed me.

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 03:56 PM
They are more consistant in doing video and they are getting out pretty good info. They have a lot of video of all our picks.

Its kind of funny there is a video for our punter. It is about 9 whole mins. of punts.

Bob Dole
04-24-2005, 04:21 PM
An acquaintance of Bob Dole's (a Cowboy fan) even mentioned to Bob Dole that the Chiefs site was doing a good job of supplying info on the draftees.

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 04:22 PM
An acquaintance of Bob Dole's (a Cowboy fan) even mentioned to Bob Dole that the Chiefs site was doing a good job of supplying info on the draftees.
For as much heat as it gets from a lot of folks I think it does some things pretty well.

Phobia
04-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I passed a link to this thread on to their webmaster. I'm sure he'll appreciate you noticing.

JimNasium
04-24-2005, 05:04 PM
I passed a link to this thread on to their webmaster. I'm sure he'll appreciate you noticing.
Hey KCChiefs.com webmaster. Zach is retarded. Just thought you should know.

jspchief
04-24-2005, 05:08 PM
I mentioned this in an earlier thread.

I've been known to trash that site in the past, but the last few weeks they've had some great content. It has definately improved.

Now all we need is to convince Rufus and Gretz that we don't need an article refuting the local media once a week.

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 05:11 PM
You think you know a guy...

I thought we were going to keep that on the down low.

milkman
04-24-2005, 05:15 PM
So when I click on the video, why does it ask me to save it to a file?
Don't they have video that you can just play, and not have to save?

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 05:17 PM
So when I click on the video, why does it ask me to save it to a file?
Don't they have video that you can just play, and not have to save?
When I do it, it asks me weather I want to open it or save it. I click open.

You need Real Player.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Didn't you think he could tell?

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
I think you have to watch Big 8 basketball for 50 years to understand it.

JimNasium
04-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Considering that most of us on here think that the KC Chiefs establishments are already retarded, no, I didn't.

cobra88
04-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Thank you. The credit goes to our Access Arrowhead Video guys...we'll be cranking out a lot more. Please post or start a thread of ideas for things you'd like to see...we'll see what we can do.

Thanks again...

KCChiefs.com / Access Arrowhead
http://www.kcchiefs.com/05draft/

Spicy McHaggis
04-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Man, Grigsby runs that 40 like a freaking runaway freight train. I can't wait to see him blow up a return man.

Phobia
04-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Thank you. The credit goes to our Access Arrowhead Video guys...we'll be cranking out a lot more. Please post or start a thread of ideas for things you'd like to see...we'll see what we can do.

Thanks again...

No response to him?

Here's your sounding board, y'all. Tell him what you want to see on the site. If you see his invitation and don't respond, you lose your right to bitch, IMO.

|Zach|
04-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Ah I missed the reply.

Things I would like to see.

I think it would be cool to see a behind the scenes type thing. Showing different parts of the stadium we dont see. Team doing film work...locker rooms...stuff like that.

I also think it would be great to have video highlights after each game that we could look back too.

Props on the use of RSS, it has been great for my Chiefs news.

Phobia
04-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Props on the use of RSS, it has been great for my Chiefs news.

You may be hearing more about that RSS app on ChiefsPlanet soon. The developer is a longtime Planet member.

unlurking
04-25-2005, 09:25 PM
A wap site?

I do enjoy being able to read articles from my phone.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a better format than Real for the videos. At least an option for something else? MPEG4 highlights would look great on my PSP! ;)

jspchief
04-25-2005, 09:29 PM

Thanks again...

I'd like to see more team history. Not only the written history, but statistical history as well. Where can I find what Chiefs have made the Pro Bowl or the Hall of Fame in past years? What are our team records? For a good example, look at Denverbroncos.com under their "Tradition" (www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=90) link. The Jets have a good history section also.

I also think you need drop down menus for your "What's new", "The team", "At the game", etc links. Of course the lack of content makes the drop downs unneccessary at this point.

Content, content, content! The mulitmedia stuff from the past few weeks has been stellar, but just good old fashioned year round info is needed. I'd like to go there and find the answer to just about any question I have about my favorite team.

There. Glad you asked?

|Zach|
04-25-2005, 09:30 PM
You may be hearing more about that RSS app on ChiefsPlanet soon. The developer is a longtime Planet member.
Its a must have for any kind updated news type thing. I am addicted to RSS these days.

I am having some problems with it on my site though. I need to do some tinkering.

unlurking
04-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Good idea JSP!

I hate having to search through tons of different boards for historical stats.

And as an aside, how about getting someone to proof read the articles at the WRF site during training camp? Their a fun read, but it's almost like reading kcnut posts sometime. Video highlights of TC would be awesome as well, especially this year with all the competition on defense.

tk13
04-25-2005, 09:33 PM
I agree, I love the history stuff. I don't think you could put too much historical information on the website.

Pants
A wap site?

I do enjoy being able to read articles from my phone.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a better format than Real for the videos. At least an option for something else? MPEG4 highlights would look great on my PSP! ;)

Show off.

Iowanian
Cobra....

This fan would like to see Historical Rosters on the chiefs website. Records and stats, sortable by season and or located by game would be sweet too.

I think a tailgate update for each home game might be fun.....pics and or interviews with Tailgaters, before and after games...Check their menus....Tips....cool ideas...........

*Hotter cheerleaders would be an upgrade.

|Zach|
I'd like to see more team history. Not only the written history, but statistical history as well. Where can I find what Chiefs have made the Pro Bowl or the Hall of Fame in past years? What are our team records? For a good example, look at Denverbroncos.com under their "Tradition" (www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=90) link. The Jets have a good history section also.

I also think you need drop down menus for your "What's new", "The team", "At the game", etc links. Of course the lack of content makes the drop downs unneccessary at this point.

Content, content, content! The mulitmedia stuff from the past few weeks has been stellar, but just good old fashioned year round info is needed. I'd like to go there and find the answer to just about any question I have about my favorite team.

There. Glad you asked?
Good idea, even more so IMO it would be cool to see run downs of games for at least the last few years. It would be great if I could go to kcchiefs.com and get pages like the link below without digging through ESPN or Sportsline.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=241219012

tk13
04-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Good idea JSP!

I hate having to search through tons of different boards for historical stats.

And as an aside, how about getting someone to proof read the articles at the WRF site during training camp? Their a fun read, but it's almost like reading kcnut posts sometime. Video highlights of TC would be awesome as well, especially this year with all the competition on defense.
That training camp site is run the by the UWRF people. It's not perfect, but I hate complaining about it because I don't think a lot of teams are lucky enough to get reports like that.

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Pics or clips of Donk, raider, and Eggo(and any other rival) players being crushed by Chiefs players would be cool.

unlurking
04-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Show off.
lol

Just waiting for the new firmware upgrade so I can surf the web from that thing! Then I'll bookmark CP and kcchiefs.com. Would LOVE to be able to download MPEG4 video clips straight to the PSP though, that would kikck ass.

unlurking
04-25-2005, 09:38 PM
That training camp site is run the by the UWRF people. It's not perfect, but I hate complaining about it because I don't think a lot of teams are lucky enough to get reports like that.
Yeah, I know, but I figured if we were askin'!

I hit that site twice a day during TC, but I've always wished they carried some video highlights. Would be cool to see 2 short clips of each practice every day.

Inspector
04-25-2005, 09:55 PM

Thanks again...

I know this is probably extremely hard to get.......

But, if you could get us a live video link inside the cheerleaders showers, that would be cool.

I know the Chiefs don't have the hottest cheerleaders, but I still think this would be a much enjoyed feature.

Thanks for your help!!

kcfan88
04-25-2005, 10:22 PM

There. Glad you asked?

I agree with jspchief, more team history would be cool like series numbers such as chiefs v donks or faders or AFC west. I think the old kcchiefs.com format used to have something like this? ...oh, and fire dawes!!..lol

beer bacon
04-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Just chiming in to say I would love the history idea as well. I hate having to google and sort through sites looking for statistics.

Manila-Chief
04-26-2005, 04:02 AM
I like the idea of history as well. Jerrell Wilson died a few days ago. Would be nice to pull up his stats and info and read about it. Stories about the players during the time they played would be nice. The Chiefs do have great history. (Just not too great of a recent past.)

Also, we just drafted a punter. I think there was some reclamo against drafting Wilson ... so would be interesting to compare. I hope this one turns out like Wilson did.

Also, I know it hurts ... but info on our playoff experience.

I agree with the "No more Dawes" comment. I for one go to the Chiefs site to read about the Chiefs. I don't need your site to defend the organization. Most of us are big boys and girls and we can handle the truth.

I certainly don't need Dawes to write the same column week after week. I'd rather have a blank space there than expect Chief news only to have his same old junk. The media may not be entirely accurate but some of us don't live in K.C. and want all the info we can get ... the print media gives it to us.

Bob Dole
04-26-2005, 04:07 AM
Good idea, even more so IMO it would be cool to see run downs of games for at least the last few years. It would be great if I could go to kcchiefs.com and get pages like the link below without digging through ESPN or Sportsline.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=241219012

You don't save the Gamebooks every week off NFL.com?

tk13
04-26-2005, 04:11 AM
You don't save the Gamebooks every week off NFL.com?
He's obviously not a real fan.

Bob Dole
04-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Don't know if they are linked anywhere or whether they are orphaned on the server, but they are there back to at least 2002 and the URLs are a standard format.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20020830_STL@KC

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20021020_DEN@KC

etc...