PDA

View Full Version : With defensive needs filled, do we address WR now?

jcroft
04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Now that we all agree our defense has been mostly shored up as best it could have been, it would seem our biggest weakness going into camp may be WR. We've got a few young guys with some potential (Thorpe, Parker) and we can hold out hope that Boe will do something this year (he's two years removed from a good season, remember), but we are mostly stuck with aging WRs that have never been very spectacular (but have been serviceable for the past couple of years).

Are there any vet WRs still available in FA that could help us? Anyone likely to get cut after June 1? Or do you guys think we're okay with the guys we've got?

Bwana
04-24-2005, 06:03 PM
We will pick something off June 1st.

NaptownChief
04-24-2005, 06:05 PM
$hit can Morton and grab a decent vet that is cut after June 1st would shore things up a bit...I'm betting Kevin Johnson is kicking his agents ass right about now for taking the Detroit deal instead of the Chiefs after the Mike Williams pick.

milkman
04-24-2005, 06:09 PM
A vet WR might shake loose after June 1, but I gatta think we will stand pat, and hope that some of the guys with potential, like Parker and Smith achieve said potential this season.
And that Boe returns to the form he showed a couple of years ago, and improves from that.

NaptownChief
04-24-2005, 06:14 PM
If given a fair chance, which DV struggles to give young players, I think between Parker, Crap and Richard Smith we could easily have two of them step up and be very productive along with Kennison and hopefully Boe...That would be pretty solid paired with Gonzo.

Deberg_1990
04-24-2005, 06:15 PM
If Issac Bruce is available June 1st, and we grab him, this team will be Super Bowl Bound!!!

sparkky
04-24-2005, 06:18 PM
I suspect Gardner could be had pretty cheap now. Wonder if Detroit would consider trading Charles Rogers?

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 06:19 PM
If Bruce is available and we can get him, we must. We need a sure handed vet. to come in, we can't rely on ALL young guys and Kennison.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Dammit Carl let Plaxico get away.

Gravedigger
04-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Yeah we'll see who gets cut on June 1st.

jcroft
04-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Dammit Carl let Plaxico get away.

I like Plaxico and I wanted him too, but at the time he was available it made perfect sense for Carl to put the WR issues on the backburner and focus on defense.

Now, though, we can start thinking about that WR...

eazyb81
04-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Kennison
Parker
Boerigter
Thorpe
Hall
Smith?

Gonzalez
Wilson

Honestly, unless Isaac Bruce gets cut, I don't think we really need to go after another WR. I think Thorpe will be a good player next year if he gets enough snaps. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the 3rd WR by the end of the season. Also, Wilson should really be considered another WR instead of a backup TE, he will play a lot.

LiL stumppy
04-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Thorpe won't get a chance.Parker only got the ball thrown to him in the last 3 games or so.It sucks but that is what always happens with the Chiefs.

eazyb81
04-24-2005, 08:17 PM
I think Thorpe is more talented then Parker was as a rookie. Thorpe was considered a 1st round pick after his junior year, but a leg injury hurt his production this year. Saunders had been targeting Thorpe this draft, so he has faith in him this year. I think Thorpe could have a big year this season if he stays healthy.