PDA

View Full Version : Boals-Vermiel interview on 810-notes

C-Mac
04-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Boals thinks Craphonso Thorpe is the steal of the draft, went on and on about his speed and catching abilities. Says he was a 1st round pick before he broke his leg. Thinks he will be a factor early.

Vermiel:
-Understood Vermiel said he would have taken Rogers if he had to chose over the choice of Johnson, Davis, Rogers.

-Also said that no cap left for a shot at Law and any other veteran signings will have to be minimal.

-Off season 90% done, will look at June first cuts for veteran players.

-Very pleased so far with off season.

-Concerned at start of season, first 4 games will tell the story, but expects good things this year if we play well in those first games.

-"Moss will be a pain in the ass"

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Are you getting 810 online?

jcroft
04-25-2005, 11:08 AM
No big deal, but this interview was with Petro, not Boals.

C-Mac
04-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Are you getting 810 online?

Yes sir....
http://www.810whb.com/
Then click on "live! broadcast"

chiefqueen
04-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Jack Harry thinks the opposite and basically called Peterson an idiot for picking him.

C-Mac
04-25-2005, 11:13 AM
No big deal, but this interview was with Petro, not Boals.

Oh sorry, not real familiar with the voices, but over the net sounded like Boals.

jcroft
04-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Petro is now doing his "two minute drill" and is talking to someone that is from Tallahassee and familiar with FSU, and he's going on and on about how great Chraphonso could be when he's 100% recovered.

htismaqe
04-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Jack Harry thinks the opposite and basically called Peterson an idiot for picking him.

Good.

Because if I was drafting football players, Jack Harry's opinion would be the LAST I seek. Jack Harry should stick to something he knows, like cigarettes.

DeepSouth
04-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Vermiel:
-Understood Vermiel said he would have taken Rogers if he had to chose over the choice of Johnson, Davis, Rogers."

Was he talking about Carlos Rogers or Aaron Rodgers?

Warrior5
04-25-2005, 11:21 AM
what Craphonso's nickname will be...

Can you imagine what the announcers will say if he makes the roster?

CRAP'S WIDE-OPEN!

GREEN THROWING DEEP TO CRAP!

TOUCHDOWN...CRAP!

TRR
04-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Talked about being happy with how the offseason has gone so far.

Says the team is about 90% finished and that they will be looking at FA after June 1st.

Declined to comment about who may be released for cap reasons from KC's squad. Said Peterson handles all of that type of stuff.

Likes Cheese better with red wine than crackers

Trying to come up with a combo name for Craphonso and Alphonso. Said they will be covering each other in camp.

Talked about @ Denver on Monday night being a tough game.

Talked about Lamont Jordan and Randy Moss being a pain in the *ss with Oakland.

Thought James Kllian could have had as good or better success than Jason White if Kilian played at Oklahoma. Kilian has a better arm at the NFL level, and is a 3.9 student.

Thought Sproles would be a good 3rd running back if a team has the space for that.

dirk digler
04-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Good.

Because if I was drafting football players, Jack Harry's opinion would be the LAST I seek. Jack Harry should stick to something he knows, like cigarettes.

No shit did you hear him talking last night? Instead of praising the Chiefs for their very good draft Harry comes out and starts ripping Peterson for choosing Thorpe. I would like to punch Harry right in the mouth. Him and KK are the biggest Chiefs haters they are worse than Donkey fans IMO.

jcroft
04-25-2005, 11:23 AM
what Craphonso's nickname will be...

CRAP'S WIDE-OPEN!

TOUCHDOWN...CRAP!

Rhonda Moss said on 610 the other day that he goes by "Cro".

Logical
04-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Was he talking about Carlos Rogers or Aaron Rodgers?Has to be Carlos, we passed on Aaron.

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 11:29 AM
I'd like to see fans call Crap "the fonz"........and every time he makes a good catch, hear the rumble of Arrowhead faithful say "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey"

Baby Lee
04-25-2005, 11:31 AM
Trying to come up with a combo name for Craphonso and Alphonso.
Tell them to be cool like a couple of phonzies.
Then tell them to bring their "Aaaayyyyy" game.

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Rhonda Moss said on 610 the other day that he goes by "Cro".
Nah, Cro's no good. Crappy is much better.

Baby Lee
04-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Ain't that right happy crappy?

Sorry, Stephen King flashback there.

jcroft
04-25-2005, 11:55 AM

Somehow I think he'd disagree with you. :D

keg in kc
04-25-2005, 02:54 PM
-Understood Vermiel said he would have taken Rogers if he had to chose over the choice of Johnson, Davis, Rogers.It's been a few hours since the interview, but I don't think that's right. I don't think there was ever any connection between Rogers and Johnson. As I recall he said he liked Rogers more than Jones or Rolle. He said he was as fast and tackled/covered as well as Jones, but was bigger, and was as big as Rolle, but faster. Petro went on to ask him if they would have taken a corner at 15, and Vermeil said yes, if he was the best player on their board. Petro asked if that was because they thought they needed another corner and DV said no, that it would have been a value pick. But I don't recall hearing him say they'd have taken Rogers over Johnson. They didn't believe Johnson would even be on the board.

tomahawk kid
04-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Good.

...or being a swash-buckling ass monkey.......

Ultra Peanut
04-25-2005, 03:11 PM
I'd like to see fans call Crap "the fonz"........and every time he makes a good catch, hear the rumble of Arrowhead faithful say "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey"I've already dubbed Hodge "the Phonze."

CosmicPal
04-25-2005, 03:12 PM

CRAP'S WIDE-OPEN!

TOUCHDOWN...CRAP!

Yea, I'm sure that's what they'll say. :rolleyes:

Baby Lee
04-25-2005, 03:19 PM
12:29 - I'd like to see fans call Crap "the fonz"........and every time he makes a good catch, hear the rumble of Arrowhead faithful say "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey"
12:31 - Tell them to be cool like a couple of phonzies.
Then tell them to bring their "Aaaayyyyy" game.
Well, either great minds think alike, or I'm some craptastic echo.

patteeu
04-25-2005, 04:12 PM
It's been a few hours since the interview, but I don't think that's right. I don't think there was ever any connection between Rogers and Johnson. As I recall he said he liked Rogers more than Jones or Rolle. He said he was as fast and tackled/covered as well as Jones, but was bigger, and was as big as Rolle, but faster. Petro went on to ask him if they would have taken a corner at 15, and Vermeil said yes, if he was the best player on their board. Petro asked if that was because they thought they needed another corner and DV said no, that it would have been a value pick. But I don't recall hearing him say they'd have taken Rogers over Johnson. They didn't believe Johnson would even be on the board.

I was going to post the same thing, but for a change I decided to read the rest of the thread first. My recollection is that he was comparing the top 3 CBs in the draft when he said he liked Rogers the best.