PDA

View Full Version : Rewatched the Senior Bowl this afternoon...

Coogs
04-25-2005, 05:42 PM
we had 4 players playing that we drafted. Thorpe, Hodge, Colquitt, and Parquet.

Parquet played Right Tackle. Went head to head with Roth from Iowa most of the time and did a pretty respectable job. Roth killed whoever was Parquet's replacement, but had a hard time getting by Parquet.

Thorpe only had 1 ball thrown to him (I only had the 1st 2 1/2 quarters taped) which he caught fo a 12 yard gain. Had one nice downfield block (against Hodge).

Hodge had 2 balls thrown his way. Broke up the 1st one on a nice play, and the other one was a quick slant to Jones from Arkansas that Hodge was lined up well off the ball. Several times the QB's looked like they wanted to throw the ball in Hodges direction, but had to look to a different receiver. This probably happened 7 or 8 times. I'd say based off of that fact, that Hodge was doing a heck of a job at the CB spot.

Colquitt had a center that bounced 2 of the 3 snaps back to him, so couldn't really tell much on him as his timing was thrown all out of whack.

All-in-all, I'd say our 4 guys did a really nice job! :thumb:

coach_L
04-25-2005, 05:51 PM
I should've known you had that game taped.

coach_L, a.k.a. bronco_buster

Coogs
04-25-2005, 05:58 PM
I should've known you had that game taped.

coach_L, a.k.a. bronco_buster

:D

You know there is not a whole lot else to do around here!

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Hey, a guy who taped the Senior Bowl. You're a real fan.

Coogs
04-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey, a guy who taped the Senior Bowl. You're a real fan.

Nope! No season tickets here! ;)

philfree
04-25-2005, 06:01 PM
we had 4 players playing that we drafted. Thorpe, Hodge, Colquitt, and Parquet.

Parquet played Right Tackle. Went head to head with Roth from Iowa most of the time and did a pretty respectable job. Roth killed whoever was Parquet's replacement, but had a hard time getting by Parquet.

Thorpe only had 1 ball thrown to him (I only had the 1st 2 1/2 quarters taped) which he caught fo a 12 yard gain. Had one nice downfield block (against Hodge).

Hodge had 2 balls thrown his way. Broke up the 1st one on a nice play, and the other one was a quick slant to Jones from Arkansas that Hodge was lined up well off the ball. Several times the QB's looked like they wanted to throw the ball in Hodges direction, but had to look to a different receiver. This probably happened 7 or 8 times. I'd say based off of that fact, that Hodge was doing a heck of a job at the CB spot.

Colquitt had a center that bounced 2 of the 3 snaps back to him, so couldn't really tell much on him as his timing was thrown all out of whack.

All-in-all, I'd say our 4 guys did a really nice job! :thumb:

I think I've got it Tivo-ed. I'm gonna have to watch it now myself.

PhilFree:arrow:

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Nope! No season tickets here! ;)
OK, so, you're honorary.

Coogs
04-25-2005, 06:04 PM
OK, so, you're honorary.

Cool! I think I'll have them put that on my headstone.

Here lies Coogs. Honorary Chiefs Fan!

ct
04-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Cool! I think I'll have them put that on my headstone.

Here lies Coogs. Honorary Chiefs Fan!

That is just too classic!! :clap:

Ultra Peanut
04-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Several times the QB's looked like they wanted to throw the ball in Hodges direction, but had to look to a different receiver. This probably happened 7 or 8 times.Pretty much what I figured from the descriptions of him as a shut-down corner with no INTs.

If they can't throw it your way, you're doing your job pretty well.