PDA

View Full Version : Boomer and Johnson - Adopt a Chief Ridiculousness...

teedubya
04-25-2005, 09:26 PM
There are no less than 12 people who have drafted these two as their adopt a Chief... perhaps we should have a battle-royale to decide who gets who.

In fact, I think Im gonna draft Boomer Grigsby as my adopt a chief too.

I suggest you all do the same.

unlurking
04-25-2005, 09:26 PM

Phobia
04-25-2005, 09:27 PM
If this stuff can't get settled, I'm gonna step in and hold an auction. Seriously.

Inspector
04-25-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm too classless and deranged to adopt....

That's the report I just got back from the adoption agency..... :banghead:

|Zach|
04-25-2005, 09:29 PM
If this stuff can't get settled, I'm gonna step in and hold an auction. Seriously.
I think its an awesome idea.

Rain Man
04-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Dexter McCleon is my adopt-a-chief. I hope that there aren't too many others who have taken him.

Crush
04-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Worked well for him.

http://jovan.ru/pics/bender-trace.gif

Jenson71
04-25-2005, 09:32 PM

You mean people are actually arguing over it?

teedubya
04-25-2005, 09:35 PM
heh. just look at peoples profiles. It was cracking me up... I had to stand up and say something.

tk13
04-25-2005, 09:40 PM
I was pimping DJ long before a lot of you homers! Everybody always gotta jump on the bandwagon. Of course I already graduated from elementary school, so I haven't done the adopt a chief thing yet. :)

teedubya
04-25-2005, 09:47 PM
I was pimping DJ long before a lot of you homers! Everybody always gotta jump on the bandwagon. Of course I already graduated from elementary school, so I haven't done the adopt a chief thing yet. :)

especially since the "adopt-a" concept originated on the OrangeMange

|Zach|
04-25-2005, 09:49 PM
especially since the "adopt-a" concept originated on the OrangeMange
It is also kind of funny how they pitched it and how it is here.

Their idea was to make you responsible for that player. If he kicks ass that week then everyone treated you well. If he did bad then people were supposed to crap at you and hold you responsible for his play. ROFL

Chan93lx50
04-25-2005, 10:05 PM
I dont see anybody drafting our ugly cheerleaders there is quite a few of them to go around!

Maybe I should adopt that prostitute thats a chiefs fan? hmmmmmmmm

jspchief
04-25-2005, 10:06 PM
If this stuff can't get settled, I'm gonna step in and hold an auction. Seriously.What? You need another smoker?

tk13
04-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Okay, I've finally given in and joined everybody else. I couldn't resist not doing it any longer.

HemiEd
04-25-2005, 10:10 PM
What? You need another smoker?

After reading what was in his bag, he needs a driver! :)

jAZ
04-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Bah!

I've got it on record on the offical thread. The issue is settled IMO.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2429442#post2429442

HemiEd
04-25-2005, 10:31 PM
I think everyone should just switch to Boomer avatars... a la the Jake finger avy.

ROFL You got me, I jumped down to this post to see what you had said and, wtf. Where is ENDelt's response? I did not realize I looked at Avys instantly like that. :)

Phobia
04-25-2005, 10:34 PM
What? You need another smoker?

No, I need to feed my family. They can't eat a table saw.

Nzoner
04-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I think everyone should just switch to Boomer avatars... a la the Jake finger avy.

If the kid makes the team we gotta rewrite the lyrics to Foreigner's Dirty White Boy.

jarjar
04-25-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm in!

David.
04-25-2005, 11:52 PM
I brought this over as some fun little thing. It has mutated in to another dramafest at CP.

and Zach, that's how i pitched it to everyone, but I don't think people got the concept.....

tk13
04-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Great job David. You've ruined the planet.

Phobia
04-26-2005, 12:03 AM

I know for a fact, he scared off a lot of quality posters (who had paypal accounts) with his pierced nipples and lip stunt. I think his mother should donate her entire pension considering the positive influence we've all been in his life.

Braincase
04-26-2005, 05:16 AM
jAZ has a bigger post count than I do... but if you subtract DC forum posts, we're probably about even.

jAZ has gone with Anton's favorite photo, whilst I chose something more "patriotic".

I have already tried to photoshop Grigsby into an Alfred E. Neumann, but it was way too easy...

Let Phob decide...

whoman69
04-26-2005, 09:04 AM
There's another problem with the Adopt a Chief program, and that is those who adopted the players last year were shut out because they did not get on the planet one day when the new thread ran. Additionally, I don't think its right to have someone whose only post was to adopt a Chief, be in the program. The list from last year should have been posted and those with adopted players have two days to reclaim their Chief. At that point, then non-adopted players could be had. The way it was done was unfair.

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2005, 09:10 AM

Please do! That's a great idea. :clap:

Hammock Parties
04-26-2005, 09:11 AM
It is also kind of funny how they pitched it and how it is here.

Their idea was to make you responsible for that player. If he kicks ass that week then everyone treated you well. If he did bad then people were supposed to crap at you and hold you responsible for his play. ROFL

EXACTLY.

That is why I wanted to wait and hold a draft after the final roster is set.

BUT NOOOOOOOONE LISTENS TO ME!

Skip Towne
04-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Adopt a Chief is a stupid game. I wish Gochiefs had never invented it.

chiefs4me
04-26-2005, 09:19 AM
There are not enough players to go around for eveyone to have their own adopt a chief...just let whoever wants to adopt someone do it. So what if more then one person gets the same player as another poster. That one poster might not be on for the entire week. let's just share.....

How do you like my adopt a chief goatboy?ROFL

Hammock Parties
04-26-2005, 09:25 AM
There are not enough players to go around for eveyone to have their own adopt a chief...just let whoever wants to adopt someone do it.

That defeats the purpose of the program. The purpose is to have your own guy and claim him as your own. It's no fun if 20 people are claiming responsiblity for Derrick Johnson's success.

Hammock Parties
04-26-2005, 09:33 AM
If we really wanted to do this in an organized manner, here's my idea:

1. Set a day and time for the "Adopt-A-Chief" draft. This date should be sometime after the final roster is determined (ideally in the week before Week 1 of the regular season).

2. Everyone loses their Adopt-A-Chief from the previous season.

3. If you want to participate, post your name in whatever thread is designated. I DOUBT we had 53 people participate last year, so it's not really a problem. Make the draft order random selection. A mod or whomever can randomize the names and announce the order.

4. Draft. If someone misses out on the draft, tough luck, the day and time was announce. Anyone not drafted can be claimed by anyone.

Edubs
04-26-2005, 09:36 AM

I will give you that bag of old clothes for Boomer. Goodwill will be upset but it's for a good cause.

chiefs4me
04-26-2005, 10:09 AM
That defeats the purpose of the program. The purpose is to have your own guy and claim him as your own. It's no fun if 20 people are claiming responsiblity for Derrick Johnson's success.

You need a dose of the real world.....no way in hell can I claim responsibilty for any chiefs players success.:rolleyes:

Play your stupid little game yourself.....:harumph:

Saulbadguy
04-26-2005, 11:14 AM
My Adopt-a-Chief is now a member of the New England Patriots. I hereby adopt "The Hanson Brothers" as my new Adopt-a-Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
04-26-2005, 11:16 AM
You need a dose of the real world.....no way in hell can I claim responsibilty for any chiefs players success.:rolleyes:

Play your stupid little game yourself.....:harumph:

This has nothing to do with the real world you little idiot. It's ****ing Chiefsplanet.

I didn't even start this thread. I'm just trying to offer a viable solution.

I just want it to be fair for everyone....

David.
04-26-2005, 12:42 PM

:deevee: I'm SORRY

:)

David.
04-26-2005, 12:43 PM
I know for a fact, he scared off a lot of quality posters (who had paypal accounts) with his pierced nipples and lip stunt. I think his mother should donate her entire pension considering the positive influence we've all been in his life.

shit, think about all the female lurkers we now have who are certainly willing to donate just to keep my hotbod on the internet

:Pimp:

chiefs4me
04-26-2005, 12:57 PM
shit, think about all the female lurkers we now have who are certainly willing to donate just to keep my hotbod on the internet

:Pimp:

ROFL........:rolleyes:

chiefs4me
04-26-2005, 12:59 PM
This has nothing to do with the real world you little idiot. It's ****ing Chiefsplanet.

I didn't even start this thread. I'm just trying to offer a viable solution.

I just want it to be fair for everyone....

Don't you dare call me an idiot...you little piece of crap, nonworking, living at home, still momma's boy....

FREAK..

Saulbadguy
04-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Don't you dare call me an idiot...you little piece of crap, nonworking, living at home, still momma's boy....

FREAK..
Idiot.

Hammock Parties
04-26-2005, 01:00 PM

FREAK..

Idiot.

chiefs4me
04-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Idiot.

Geek

Saulbadguy
04-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Geek
be-eye-itch

chiefs4me
04-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Idiot.

You are lucky my diesel cost 2.29 a gallon or I would be on my way across the state to kick your ass..:harumph:

Saulbadguy
04-26-2005, 01:08 PM
You are lucky my diesel cost 2.29 a gallon or I would be on my way across the state to kick your ass..:harumph:
I'm sure Chiefsplanet could raise enough moolah to fund your excursion. My money would be on GoChiefs, though. I'm sure he has enough shiny objects in his room to distract you enough before performing the "TONY DANZA!" on you.

chiefs4me
be-eye-itch

:rolleyes:.............loser

Hammock Parties

How would you find me?

I have a beaner with a hammer right outside my door anyway...you'd never get past him.

chiefs4me
04-26-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm sure Chiefsplanet could raise enough moolah to fund your excursion. My money would be on GoChiefs, though. I'm sure he has enough shiny objects in his room to distract you enough before performing the "TONY DANZA!" on you.

Will you throw in some extra cash so I can spend a couple of days at the beach....after all he is right next to it.

chiefs4me
04-26-2005, 01:12 PM
How would you find me?

I have a beaner with a hammer right outside my door anyway...you'd never get past him.

ROFL....ask around town for the local stars wars geek.:harumph:

Hammock Parties
04-26-2005, 01:13 PM
ROFL....ask around town for the local stars wars geek.:harumph:

No one around here knows me. Except my neighbor.

chiefs4me
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Idiot.

hi honey....you really need to take that avatar down...you are much better looking then he is.:)