PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Ideas?

kc rush
04-26-2005, 10:07 PM
I am trying to come up with a list of fundraising ideas for a group.

Has anyone out there had success with a fundraiser?

Not to kill your fun but I need suggestions that are legal and ethical.

Iowanian
04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
cowchip bingo is always good

Simplex3
04-26-2005, 10:12 PM
...I need suggestions that are legal and ethical.
S**t, I got nothing then.

Have you tried working? I get lots of funds that way.

Phobia
04-26-2005, 10:57 PM
What kind of group? What is the event?

You can do everything from washing cars to selling candy.

Golf tournaments? It would help if we had more info.

beavis
04-26-2005, 11:01 PM
S**t, I got nothing then.

Have you tried working? I get lots of funds that way.
I get funds. I wouldn't classify it as "lots" though.

kc rush
04-26-2005, 11:03 PM
What kind of group? What is the event?

You can do everything from washing cars to selling candy.

Golf tournaments? It would help if we had more info.

Its for a church. No specific group within it.

Logical
04-26-2005, 11:03 PM
If you only pimp the hos out for dates it is legal.:D

Oops maybe not so good for Church fundraiser.

Phobia
04-26-2005, 11:07 PM

A church? Bakesales, garage sale, carwash, pizza sales, church cookbook

Plug "church fundraiser" into google and I'll bet you get 100 ideas.

el borracho
04-26-2005, 11:08 PM
*Bikini car wash
*Bake sale
*Jog-a-thon
*Auction
*Raffle

alanm
04-26-2005, 11:11 PM
*Bikini car wash
*Bake sale
*Jog-a-thon
*Auction
*Raffle
Those topless Bikini car washes rake in the Big Bucks!! But you need at least 7-8 nubile young women. Depends on the Church I guess. :)

Scaga
04-27-2005, 07:01 AM
My son's baseball team sells raffle tickets from a local car dealership. $10 per ticket for a chance to win 2005 Dodge Ran Quad Cab (with a Hemi). Out of the $10, the team gets at least $8. I'm surprised how many tickets people buy. But then again, it is a $35,000 truck.

C-Mac
04-27-2005, 07:15 AM
Perhaps a temporary services agency?

BigRedChief
04-27-2005, 07:16 AM
www.scratchers.com (http://www.scratchers.com) you keep 90% of the money you take in.

|Zach|
04-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Do a biography on Tom Cash.

Bob Dole
04-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Get some old t-shirts and rip them into small strips and sell them as prayer cloths.

It worked pretty well for Bob Tilton.

Edubs
04-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Golf tournaments are the best bet most of the time. You can charge a good amount for everyone to play and it's obviously for a good cause. You try to contact some local businesses to donate or help out with prize items......closest to the pin, longest drive,....etc. If you get enough items donated you can even have an auction or silent auction after the tournament to raise more money.

Fairplay
04-27-2005, 08:07 AM

Several years back the church i attended was wanting to raise money to send people to Dallas for an event, i went door to door and raised a few hundred very quickly. I couldn't believe people were just handing me 5's and 10's and they didn't know me from adam. I look pretty trusting though.

C-Mac
04-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Maybe you can raise money the way Jesus and his followers did in the Bible.......oh wait, he threw the money changers out!
:hmmm:

Hoover
04-27-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm a fundraiser.

A few questions.

What are you raising funds for?
How much do you need to raise?
When do you need to raise it by?
What type of community do you live in?
Who will help do the work?
What type of event are you leaning towards?

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Have the members donate unique items and put them on Ebay...have it known that it is for a church fundraiser.

buy an old house/apt building, and have the membership remodel it.......sell it for profit.

Hoover
04-27-2005, 08:38 AM
OK if it were me, and I lived in decent size town and I had a few months to plan this I would do the following fundraiser.

I would host a "Men Who Cook" Dinner.

Contact the notable Men in your church and community and get them to cook a either a Appetizer, main course, or dessert. Now they have to make enough for everyone who attends to have some, its not just a dish. If you end up with 400 people, they need 400 servings. You will also need to have so many of each course.

People who attend are asked to sample everything, then vote on the best Appetizer, main course, dessert and the best overall dish.

Thats the gimmich, now to raise the funds you need to sell tickets. Set a per price to attend. But also ask people from the community and your church to buy a table of ten, and list them as a sponsor for the event (Ticket Price times 10). Also the Cooks should want to win, so they are always a good source of getting people to attend.

Sell tickets, if you just pray people will attend you will raise nothing. Also its best if you do an annual event, people get used to giving to one event.

Troy1220
04-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Here are some things that have been successful for me. I raise money for many different ministries nationwide.

Last year I hosted a golf marathon. 40 golfers...99 holes...raised 40,000.
I'm running 3 golf marathons this year. I am trying to raise 1 million dollars for a ministry I'm doing in Eastern Africa in 2006.

I've done a putt-putt golf marathon. Got a group of 20 people to play putt-putt for 24 hours straight...raised over 10,000.

Church softball tourneys are good, but you won't raise a ton of dough...volleyball tourneys might work.

I've worked with our local minor league ball team, and had some of the ball players put on a hitting and fielding clinic for youngsters. The ball players were Christian and happy to give a few hours of their time. We raised a few thousand at that event.

Hope you find something that works well for you.
Troy

Hoover
04-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Most of the fundraising I do is political. I've done alot of Golf stuff, but for a Church Fundraiser I think its a bad idea because not everyone golfs, but everyone needs to eat.

jspchief
04-27-2005, 10:11 AM
The "brothel out of your parents' house" thing worked good for Tom Cruise in Risky Business, but it would be a hard sell to the church.

Raffles are always nice too.

Bob Dole
04-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Do churches not hold the good, old-fashioned Lord's Acre Suppers any more?