PDA

View Full Version : A common theme among Seahawks draft picks..

Joe Seahawk
04-27-2005, 09:27 PM
After Koren Robinson and Jerramy Stevens, it appears our new GM Ruskell is keeping his word about drafting high character guys..

These are snippets from ESPN or PFW player profiles

Chris Spencer:
Has great intangibles and will work to get better. Is an excellent leader - on and off the field. Intelligent, high-character player and person. Very "coachable". Sidenote: Is engaged to be married

Lofa Tatupu:
Won two national championships at the collegiate level, has been extremely productive and is a leader on the field.

David Greene:
Has exceptional intangibles. Prepares extremely well. Is intelligent and tough. Is a very good leader and a poised player. He is also a high-character person who spends considerable time doing community service in Athens.

Leroy Hill:
Nothing either good or bad regarding character.

Ray Willis:
Is a leader, a high-character player/person, and a hard worker on and off the field. …and he's the type of hard-worker and disciplined player you want around the locker room and practice field. Sidenote: Is married.

Jeb Huckeba:
High-motor, energetic end with good on-field leadership qualities.

Tony Jackson:
Nothing either good or bad regarding character.

Cornelius Wortham:
He's a hard worker, terrific leader and technically sound player.

Doug Nienuis:
Is an intelligent player with a very good work ethic. He is a hard worker with high character and good experience.
-------------------------------

Herzig
04-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Jeb Huckeba:
High-motor, energetic end with good on-field leadership qualities.

Joe-

Watched Huckeba quite a bit at Arkansas. This kid is a real hitter with knack for being first to point of attack. He can play. I was hoping we might take him.

Bowser
04-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Looks like someone passed the Profile 101 course. Prof. Vermeil will be pleased.

Joe Seahawk
04-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Joe-

Watched Huckeba quite a bit at Arkansas. This kid is a real hitter with knack for being first to point of attack. He can play. I was hoping we might take him.

Thanks Greg, thats good to know.. I'm not a real draft study guy, and I had never heard of any of our picks (except Spencer) but I'm starting to feel OK with our draft. Ruskell was unable to trade up for Pollock or DJ so he took the best availabe on their board instead of reaching for one of the DE's that were not as high on their board..

Would have been nice to get Johnson or Pollock though..

SBK
04-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Hopefully David Greene doesn't replace my boy Seneca Wallace on your teams bench.