PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICE

carlos3652
04-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Who watches this show? I TIVO it every Tuesday... I think its the funniest show ever...

I can relate to almost every character in this show... (more like the young guy)

Having a crush on the married women (engaged in the show), etc...

Anyone else watch it... my other friends dont care for it...

KCTitus
04-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Best show on TV...the wife HATES it, though. Ive found this trend among my friends as well.

CosmicPal
04-28-2005, 08:50 AM
It's the only show besides Scrubs, I'll watch.

I think it's funny, but I find it can be rather dull and pretentious sometimes. The characters are great, and I think it's hilarious at times.

|Zach|
04-28-2005, 08:52 AM
I love it and Scrubs.

BigMeatballDave
04-28-2005, 08:54 AM
I love it. Hope it comes back this fall...

"Hey, did you get your tickets to the show?"
"What show?" "The gun show"

ROFL Priceless...

Crush
04-28-2005, 08:56 AM
ice cream sandwiches

|Zach|
04-28-2005, 08:56 AM
How about the one where that guy was in charge of health insurance and made people say what they would need it for in the meetings.

Hoover
04-28-2005, 08:57 AM
I think it sucks. I had high hopes. Its just to over the top.

|Zach|
04-28-2005, 08:58 AM
ice cream sandwiches
ROFL ROFL

Crush
04-28-2005, 08:59 AM
"everyone's forming an alliance"

carlos3652
04-28-2005, 09:11 AM
How about the one where that guy was in charge of health insurance and made people say what they would need it for in the meetings.

That had to be one of the funniest things ever... "no dental, no vision, $1200 in deductables... this sucks"

"Ok, who made up this disease...?"

carlos3652
04-28-2005, 09:12 AM
"everyone's forming an alliance"

Survivor at its best... (as he dyes his hair blonde)...

carlos3652
04-28-2005, 09:13 AM
ice cream sandwiches

"This isnt the surprise is it...

"No....

jspchief
04-28-2005, 09:14 AM
I love it. It's just painful to watch what an insensitive dick the boss is.

carlos3652
04-28-2005, 09:15 AM
She is like the new improved Pam... Pam v6.0..."

the Talking Can
04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
much better than I expected, but you have to see the original which is simply amazing...

cadmonkey
04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Who watches this show? I TIVO it every Tuesday... I think its the funniest show ever...

I can relate to almost every character in this show... (more like the young guy)

Having a crush on the married women (engaged in the show), etc...

Anyone else watch it... my other friends dont care for it...

I too relate with the young guy, having an affair with a married girl in my office :p

carlos3652
04-28-2005, 09:17 AM
I love it. It's just painful to watch what an insensitive dick the boss is.

He deserves his own show though... after Bruce Almighty and Anchor Man... he was so funny...

Happy Birthday...

But my birthday is not till next month...
-------------------------
Its my birthday today...

Do you want me to tell anyone....

No, please dont...

carlos3652
04-28-2005, 09:18 AM
I too relate with the young guy, having an affair with a married girl in my office :p

Me too.... but she was a divorced 31 year old... i cant do married... its just not moral... lol

Thig Lyfe
04-28-2005, 09:34 AM
I think it's hilarious, and I've seen the British original too. Both are great in their own ways.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Can't match the original, but it ranks highly when being compared to its American counterparts.

Gare--err, Dwight busting his way out of the box as the warehouse worker looked on may have been my favorite moment.

Not surprisingly, it's gotten bad ratings and may not get renewed, because America is ****ing retarded.

redfan
04-28-2005, 10:19 AM
I saw a coupla eps of the GB version awhile back, and I'd say this is a good USA equiv. Steven Carrell is very funny, and makes the show for me. I also liked the boss in the GB version. I think the British version has a slightly funnier cast, and has a better fake doc quality to it. The "you're actually not getting fired for stealing from the company, it's a joke" bit was great in the British version.

tyton75
04-28-2005, 10:24 AM
I like the comedy of the show.. and sometimes hits too close to home!

but i'm not sure if I like the "documentary" style that its filmed in..

Iowanian
04-28-2005, 10:54 AM
I've watched it 2-3 times, and honestly, don't know why its still on the air.

Count me as a hater so far.

Iowanian
04-28-2005, 10:57 AM

Her husband should run you both through a wood chipper.

dilligaf
04-28-2005, 11:33 AM
I cant stand this show.

BigMeatballDave
04-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Not surprisingly, it's gotten bad ratings and may not get renewed, because America is ****ing retarded.This is terrible news.
:cuss:

Maybe they should just call it 'Law and Order: Whore Watch' or CSI: Katmandu. We need more of those shows... :rolleyes:

Rain Man
04-28-2005, 11:37 AM
I saw the pilot and liked it, other than the boss being just a little too unrealistic and irritating. I haven't seen it since, though. I'll have to check it out.

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2005, 11:39 AM
I saw the pilot and liked it, other than the boss being just a little too unrealistic and irritating. I haven't seen it since, though. I'll have to check it out.The boss is the worst character, although I like the actor.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2005, 11:40 AM
I've watched it 2-3 times, and honestly, don't know why its still on the air.

Count me as a hater so far.Sorry you wasted time watching that while you could've been watching your stash of Everybody Loves Raymond bootleg DVDs.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2005, 12:57 PM
It's been airing on NBC, but its initial "trial run" of six episodes (which were, by the way, written by Ricky Gervais -- David Brent) has concluded, and I dunno if they'll be airing it again any time soon.

Thig Lyfe
04-28-2005, 01:23 PM
People who hate the American one because they love the British one are arrogant morons. They can't get over themselves because they think they're special. "Oh, it can't possibly match the original! Fa fa fa!" Come on. I've seen the original, too, and it's a classic. But the US version is great as well in its own way.

So there.

Beatlemanu
04-28-2005, 01:30 PM
American, British one, doesn't really make a difference if they don't renew it... I think the British one is slightly better too, but I love the American one too, the bosses are the key. The American boss has his own style, which I think is hilarious... All in all, if this show is not renewed, then I don't know why, other than scrubs (which I know a lot of you like too), it's probably the funniest show on TV.

What the hell is funny on TV these days???

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2005, 01:31 PM
People who hate the American one because they love the British one are arrogant morons. They can't get over themselves because they think they're special. "Oh, it can't possibly match the original! Fa fa fa!" Come on. I've seen the original, too, and it's a classic. But the US version is great as well in its own way.

So there.Pretty much. It can't -- and doesn't -- match the original, but it's pretty damn good in its own right.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2005, 01:34 PM
What the hell is funny on TV these days???You mean network TV? Arrested Development, the Office, Scrubs (don't watch it a lot, but it's funny), and, uh.. that's pretty much all I can list.

Beatlemanu
04-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Arrested Development, Adult Swim (Family Guy, Venture Brothers, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Robot Chicken in particular) Scrubs (don't watch it often, but when I do, it's good), and, uh.. that's pretty much all I can list.

I've been meaning the check out Arrested Development for a while, but never have. What channel is that on??? Adult swim's okay, love the family guy, haven't seen the other ones you listed...

tk13
04-28-2005, 01:37 PM
It's probably the funniest show on TV. Love it. I sure hope it doesn't get cancelled.

carlos3652
04-28-2005, 01:57 PM
I hope they renew... But I doubt it... I would want to know what happens with the young guy and Pam.

Dwight thinking he is Assistant manager of sales is funny too...

You are Assistant "to" the manager.... Dwight

Whatever...

Beatlemanu
04-28-2005, 01:58 PM
You're f*ck out of luck on Arrested Development. Their second season just ended.

Thats okay, if it's half way decent I'll probably just buy the DVD's, I usually end up missing shows at there normal times anyway...

Baby Lee
04-28-2005, 04:50 PM
much better than I expected, but you have to see the original which is simply amazing...
I concur. I went into this version with trepidation, because the original was near perfect. But they managed to keep a lot of good stuff and add some quality 'Americanization.'

"To you want to keep the sports drink?"
"What flavor is it?"
"Blue."
"Blue isn't a color. . . Oh! Jet Blue. . . yeah, keep it."

Baby Lee
04-28-2005, 04:51 PM
What the hell is funny on TV these days???
Deadwood
Two and a Half Men
Scrubs
The Office
Gilmore Girls

Arrested Development [fingers crossed]

That's about it.

But I just saw that HBO picked up Gervais' new vehicle 'Extras' where he follows Extras around on Hollywood sets. Supposed to be good as well.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 04:52 PM
It's funny in this weird painful way. It's like I'm watching, and I know what's going to happen, but I still think to myself "no way, he's not going to say/do that" and then he does. I can't remember a show that made me laugh and cringe at the same time so much, not even South Park.

Baby Lee
04-28-2005, 04:55 PM
I hope they renew... But I doubt it... I would want to know what happens with the young guy and Pam.

Dwight thinking he is Assistant manager of sales is funny too...

You are Assistant "to" the manager.... Dwight

Whatever...
I thought they turned that running joke around deftly last night.

"You ought to go for it, Dwight."
"What'll she see in me."
"Dude! You're Assisant Regional Manager."
[glumly] "Assistant to the Regional Manager."

Baby Lee
04-28-2005, 04:57 PM
It's funny in this weird painful way. It's like I'm watching, and I know what's going to happen, but I still think to myself "no way, he's not going to say/do that" and then he does. I can't remember a show that made me laugh and cringe at the same time so much, not even South Park.
If that's what you like best about it, not watching the original is UNACCEPTABLE.

Both seasons and the finale X-mas special are all available on DVD. Stick 'em in the ol'd Netflix que.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Speaking of Deadwood... BL, do you just rewind your TiVo and transcribe your sigs yourselfI hate to admit that I rewind my DVR at least twice an episode so I can be sure I heard Al right. ROFL

Baby Lee
04-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Speaking of Deadwood... BL, do you just rewind your TiVo and transcribe your sigs yourself, or have you found a site w/ the scripts on them?
http://members.aol.com/chatarama/

Baby Lee
04-28-2005, 05:11 PM
I hate to admit that I rewind my DVR at least twice an episode so I can be sure I heard Al right. ROFL

Al: Summon from Farnum that c^nt with the long kraut moniker.
Johnny: E.B. ain’t been over for coffee.
Al: Should I ask if Farnum’s come for coffee before I get you to summon that c^nt? (Johnny goes, Al looks down at “the box” sitting next to him.) Dead and without a body, you still outstrip him for intelligence.

And I love to death the fear in Dority's eyes as he tries desperately to keep up with Al's musings. He downed 4 straight shots as Al explained why they didn't need to go to Cheyenne last week.
Then he responds to Al's prodding as to what happens next, and he nervously answers

"F*cks himself up the ass—Tolliver?"

Hoping to God he'd followed along enough to keep Al keeping faith in him.

Great stuff.