PDA

View Full Version : I used to work with this kids brother!

cmh6476
04-28-2005, 03:33 PM
http://semissourian.rustcom.net/story/161328.html

Chiefs extend camp invite to Southeast kicker Kutz
Thursday, April 28, 2005
Marty Mishow ~ Southeast Missourian

Derek Kutz is going to receive an opportunity to display his kicking skills for a National Football League team -- which is exactly what he's been looking for.
The Southeast Missouri State and St. Vincent High School product was invited Wednesday by the Kansas City Chiefs to attend their second rookie mini-camp next month. How he performs could go a long way toward determining whether he has a chance of joining the Chiefs for their summer training camp.

"They called me this afternoon," Kutz said. "I'm excited. Now I know I'll get a chance."

Kutz has been Southeast's regular place-kicker the past four seasons. He improved his leg strength significantly during the 2004 campaign, hitting a career best of 51 yards this year. He believes he opened some eyes -- including a Chiefs coach -- in late February when he worked out in front of various scouts in Tampa, Fla.

"Their special teams coach, Frank Gansz Jr., was there, and I kicked really good," Kutz said. "He talked to me, and I thought the Chiefs would be one of the teams interested in me."

Added Kutz: "I'm just going to keep working hard because I know I'll have to kick well to be invited back. But all I wanted is a chance."

I worked with his brother Jared. Hope it all works out for him! :thumb: