PDA

View Full Version : kcchiefs.com: Q&A with Boomer (4/29)...

shaneo69
04-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Q&A LB JAMES "BOOMER" GRIGSBY
Apr 29, 2005, 4:32:46 PM

Q: Do you like the intensity of Kansas City’s defensive coaches?

GRIGSBY: “Definitely. That’s the best way to respond when you have someone all over your tail. I like a go-after-it coach a lot better than a passive one, although I’ll respond either way. We’ve got some of the best coaches in football here.”

Q: You’ve already got one nickname, do you think you’ll get another one?

GRIGSBY: “No one owes me anything. I still haven’t contributed to this football team. As of right now, I haven’t done anything except wear number 95 and run around on this practice field. Until I contribute, they can call me anything they want.”

Q: What do you think you showed the Chiefs today?

GRIGSBY: “I’d like to think that I showed them that I could learn the system a little bit. I think I know how to call a front. I’m not really sure yet on how to fit right, but it’s going to come in time and I’m going to be up here all summer working all day.

Q: Are you fine wearing number 95?

GRIGSBY: “I’m a Kansas City Chief. I’m fine with whatever number they give me.”

Q: Does the playbook seem overwhelming or do you have a grasp of everything?

GRIGSBY: “The playbook is like a Bible and I haven’t even read the first five pages. I’ve got a long way to go. I’ll be spending a lot of time up here this summer and I’ve got great coaches. There’s a long way to go, but I think it will be entertaining.”

Q: Would you describe your style as “high energy”?

GRIGSBY: “Like I said, I’m excited to be here and it’s still a little surreal. But you have to get over it and realize that you’re attempting to be on the same level as all these players who are already here. I am far from saying that I have arrived and very far from being one (an NFL player). I just have to get past saying, ‘wow, that’s Priest Holmes and that’s Coach Vermeil’ and just play football.”

Q: Have you gotten over the excitement of being drafted?

GRIGSBY: “No, I’ll be excited until it’s over with. It’s a great opportunity and I’m looking forward to it.”

Q: What do you want to accomplish during this rookie camp?

GRIGSBY: “I expect to show them that I can run a little bit and that I can hustle and that I’m capable of learning the defense. The one thing that I’ve gathered already is that the NFL has tons of great players. But if it was all about talent and physical ability a lot more people would be here, but you have to learn to grasp the system. That’s the main thing. I’m here to learn the system. If you don’t know where to go, you can use your ability.”

Q: Do you have a first impression of defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham?

GRIGSBY: “I love him. He’s a man. He’s tough. Defenses are built on toughness and guys who want to get things done. Passive coaches and real nice guys don’t work on the defensive side of the ball, especially at this level. I’m a big fan of Coach Cunningham. I’m sure he’s going to get all over my tail during my career here. I might hate him in the beginning, but I know I’ll love him in the end.”

dirk digler
04-29-2005, 03:55 PM
I love this guy. There is no way he doesn't make this team if not just for his great attitude.

Sorry Scanlon.

ChiefsOne
04-29-2005, 03:55 PM
He's going to be a fan favorite.

shaneo69
04-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Quote from Grigsby: "Passive coaches and real nice guys don’t work on the defensive side of the ball, especially at this level."

I wish someone would've clued DV in on this back around 2001.

suds79
04-29-2005, 04:01 PM
When you guys try to watch those realplayer videos from KCchiefs.com, are they always really choppy for you???

They are for me.

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 04:08 PM
When you guys try to watch those realplayer videos from KCchiefs.com, are they always really choppy for you???

They are for me.I checked out most of the videos they linked the week before the draft, and they all ran fine.

ExtremeChief
04-29-2005, 04:29 PM

They are for me.

I have the same thing. It's unwatchable. Ive adjusted the settings in real player and done everything I can think of. The sound is flawless, but the video is terrible.

jspchief
04-29-2005, 06:07 PM
If grit, charisma, and personality were football traits, this guy would be on his way to the Hall of Fame. I hope his heart helps him overcome any physical shortcomings he has, because I like the guy too much to have to see him not make it.

beer bacon
04-29-2005, 06:09 PM
If grit, charisma, and personality were football traits, this guy would be on his way to the Hall of Fame. I hope his heart helps him overcome any physical shortcomings he has, because I like the guy too much to have to see him not make it.

What physical shortcomings are we talking about? I thought this guy was a workout warrior. Are you referring to football skill shortcomings?

C-Mac
04-29-2005, 09:09 PM

They are for me.

Thank you for mentioning that.... yes I have the same problem!
Its like a slide show with sound instead of a movie.
:hmmm:

el borracho
04-30-2005, 02:30 AM
Who isn't a Boomer fan?

beer bacon
04-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Who isn't a Boomer fan?

A fellow named Scanlon.

elvomito
04-30-2005, 03:06 AM

They are for me.

you might try changing your color quality from 32-bit to 16-bit in the windows display properties.