PDA

View Full Version : It is around the corner. What are your summer plans?

|Zach|
04-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Summer is sneaking up on us...any plans?

I am taking a math class and working around Springtown. I think I am giving up the damn restaraunt industry and getting a job where I have a set time I go and a set time I go home. I think that would be really nice.

Go to a lot of baseball games....do a small bit of traveling...I may make it out to Chief's training camp.

Edit: How could I forget golf?

J Diddy
04-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Work, taking the family to Orlando in june, play some golf, and try like mad hell to make it to Wisconsin, although it probably won't happen.

|Zach|
04-30-2005, 08:04 AM
Work, taking the family to Orlando in june, play some golf, and try like mad hell to make it to Wisconsin, although it probably won't happen.
Ah I forgot golf...ya I need to find someone to golf with around here. Thats the only thing that sucks not living at home. I could golf for free there. :banghead:

Bwana
04-30-2005, 08:04 AM
To master the art of fly fishing an spend a lot of time in the mountains.

|Zach|
04-30-2005, 08:06 AM
To master the art of fly fishing an spend a lot of time in the mountains.
http://www.ecophotography.com/images/Gallery%20Images/Northern_Forest/Monkman%20-%20VTNER-20377%20-%20Fly-fishing%20on%20Paul%20Stream.jpg

Wrasse
04-30-2005, 08:18 AM
I'll be sailing when I can and continuing my home remodeling project. I'd also like to dust off the mountain bike and ride around the lake when I have time.

...but mainly sailing and beer consumption.

Nzoner
04-30-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm going into two new business ventures starting in June,if one goes as well as I'm anticipating then I'm looking to go to River Falls and Vegas for vacations.

Other than that I'm working on a 37 Forever fundraiser,a family fun night at one of our local pools.

Skip Towne
04-30-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm planning to overthrow the gubment.

keg in kc
04-30-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm going to work and exercise. And work some more. And exercise some more. And then work some more.

Exciting!

Bwana
04-30-2005, 08:47 AM
http://www.ecophotography.com/images/Gallery%20Images/Northern_Forest/Monkman%20-%20VTNER-20377%20-%20Fly-fishing%20on%20Paul%20Stream.jpg

Oh man Zach, that wasn't nice. I was planning on hitting it today, but there is way to much snow up there after the storms this week in my normal spots. Now I need to come up with a plan B. Perhaps a trip just outside of town on the Yellowstone with some long johns and Gortex is in order.

cdcox
04-30-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm pretty burned out after a hectic spring semester. Spring is always the worst. I have 3 presentations to do on Tuesday in DC at a meeting called by one of my funding agencies. Still getting ready for those. Oh yeah, and finish giving exams and grading. All that should finish up by Friday.

In June I'm going to a two-week intesive short course on molecular biology. We have 12-hours of instruction or lab per day for 11 out of 12 days. We call it boot camp.

We will get back to Missouri/Iowa to visit family for a couple of weeks at some point, probably July.

I'll finish off the summer with a big conference in Santa Barbara.

In the mean time, try to write a paper or four and maybe a funding proposal. Also manage to spend a little more time with the family while school is not in session.

wutamess
04-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Wife & kids leave this week to visit her side of the faimly in Miami.
Trip to Ozarks - Lone Oak point Resorts - beginning of June.
Family reunion in Wichita end of June.
Planning on putting the house up forsale around Julyish.
Planning on purchasing a new home around the same time frame.
Baby #3 will be born July 28th.
Another trip to Ozarks Sept.

That about sums it up for me.

GMitch
04-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Taking my wife, son and niece to Hawaii for a week in June. Other than that it looks like I'll be buried at work until fall. Try to get out to the shop and make some sawdust when I can.

CosmicPal
04-30-2005, 09:03 AM
1. Chiefs Training Camp in River Falls (August)

2. Lots of weekend camping trips in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and Nebraska

3. Wakarusa Festival in Lawrence, KS.

4. Fourth of July w/the fam in Lake of the Ozarks

5. Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Uncertain at this point)

6. Concerts at Red Rocks Amphitheater

7. A weekend jaunt to Vegas

8. An out-of-town golf weekend

9. A weekend in Moab

10. Whatever feels spontaneous and fun.

WilliamTheIrish
04-30-2005, 09:03 AM
5 day golf outing with my 5 brothers over Memorial day weekend in Bella Vista, Ark.

August trip to Vegas to see my nephew and his wife and play golf for 5 days there.

October trip to Ireland to run the Dublin City Marathon, and (if I'm able to walk the following days) play a few rounds on some of the oldest courses on the planet.

trndobrd
04-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Exercise, work, sleep. Repeat.

Jenson71
04-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Write.
Read.
Perfect my Spanish.
Perfect my French.
Film. Lots of film.
Become in the best shape of my life for my senior year of football.

Sure-Oz
04-30-2005, 10:34 AM
I am hoping to go travel and visit a friend in Madison, Wisc. Also plan on going to alot of baseball games and clubbin, I just want to have some real fun this summer. I also may go to worlds/oceans of fun as well. Last night was great though, went to Lunar Bowl with some friends got drunk off my ass, love their long island ice teas.

KC Jones
04-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Start riding a bicycle again. I was never a street rider but for a while I did a lot of mountain biking. I plan to buy a cheap piece of crap bike and trailer to throw the kids in. Hopefully we can all go for little family rides when I get home from work. If I really get into it I'll sell the cheap piece of crap and buy a real bike, but at this point I can't justify spending 100's of dollars on a good bike when it might just sit in the garage.

I need to start lifting weights again too.

I never really got into fishing as a kid but now that my oldest is approaching 5 I might buy some rods and reels and attempt to become a little more outdoorsy. We might go camping at some point but with the youngest lad being 18 months that just sounds hellish to me.

I've already hiked two small mountains since we moved to Colorado. I hope to do some more of that.

Ride dirt bikes. My father in law is a die hard and has an extra 250 for me. We've only ridden once since I moved out here, but there's still a decent amount of snow and ice in the mountains.

el borracho
04-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Two weeks in the Yucatan Peninsula in early June. I plan on diving, visiting Mayan ruins and drinking my face off.

Other than that, this summer will be spent at the gym, at work, and in the mountains.

badgirl
04-30-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm going back to Gulf Shores in June to see my daughter and grandson.

JOhn
04-30-2005, 01:08 PM
First I'll be teaching the 15y/o daughter how to drive when she's here for the summer. :eek:

Then helping my mom move to Cody sometime this summer, most likely in July. :thumb:

And taking a math class, so when RN program starts this fall, I will have all my extra classes out of the way, and can concentrate on the important classes. That is assuming I'm in this fall. :cuss:

And work, though it should be interesting, as I get to drive into Yellowstone NP everyday to make deliveries. :hmmm:

luv
04-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Summer already?

Work, pay bills. . .that's not unlike any other season.

I need to take a few vacation days for things other than being sick, moving, fundraiser events, or wintery days when I don't feel like cleaning the snow off my car. Those aren't my idea of vacation. Don't know if I just want to take a few days and do absolutely nothing here or try to save some money and go somewhere. I need a road trip bad. Maybe St Louis or Memphis. Or Tunica...nah, would spend too much money I don't have. Although I do get paid three times in June, but I really need a new washer and dryer. I dunno.

ChiefsCountry
04-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Work, when you live at the Lake of the Ozarks you have to work in the summer not play.

Boozer
04-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Lots of golf, beer consumption, and baseball games.

Some work. Unfortunately, my only internet access will be at work, so I'll probably have to do without the Planet.

royr17
04-30-2005, 04:47 PM
To be driving, working, and finding another girlfriend.

Miles
04-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Play some golf
Study for the Bar
Start running again / get back in shape
Hopefully take a trip up to Denver

Skip Towne
04-30-2005, 05:20 PM
To be driving, working, and finding another girlfriend.
What happened to that last one? Did you wear her out?

royr17
04-30-2005, 05:21 PM
What happened to that last one? Did you wear her out?

She left me unfortuanetly, Im pretty pissed at her now. I dont wanna get into it cause it'll make me very emotional.

Braincase
04-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Fishing/Lake Texoma

Microsoft Technical Education Conference/ Orlando, Florida

Biomaterials Summit/ Vail, Colorado

Hammock Parties
04-30-2005, 06:46 PM
I think I'll...pay some Dutchmen to set fire to Lord Stanley.

Fairplay
04-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Write.
Read.
Perfect my Spanish.
Perfect my French.
Film. Lots of film.
Become in the best shape of my life for my senior year of football.

Those are excellent summer ambitions my friend. I wish you the best.

DaKCMan AP
04-30-2005, 07:25 PM
I have a summer internship with Honeywell in Clearwater, FL. I plan on spending many weekends at the beach reading and relaxing.

Fairplay
04-30-2005, 07:38 PM
I have a summer internship with Honeywell in Clearwater, FL. I plan on spending many weekends at the beach reading and relaxing.

I just came back from Ft. Lauderdale, i have a friend who lives in Weston, if you know where that is. Good times, great weather.

SCTrojan
04-30-2005, 09:01 PM
San Diego Marathon on June 5th, followed by a vacation.

Spending the rest of the summer in Virginia attending a class.

Golf trip to Myrtle Beach for Labor Day weekend.

WilliamTheIrish
04-30-2005, 09:16 PM
San Diego Marathon on June 5th, followed by a vacation.....

It's a lovely little jaunt.

SCTrojan
04-30-2005, 09:18 PM
It's a lovely little jaunt.

I'm sure it will be. It's that Rock and Roll marathon where supposedly they have bands playing at certain points along the way.

WilliamTheIrish
04-30-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm sure it will be. It's that Rock and Roll marathon where supposedly they have bands playing at certain points along the way.

I did it 2003. Had a great time.

Demonpenz
04-30-2005, 11:12 PM
listening to music. Enjoying being semi young. Trying to nail every girl i can.

DaKCMan AP
05-01-2005, 09:15 AM
I just came back from Ft. Lauderdale, i have a friend who lives in Weston, if you know where that is. Good times, great weather.

I live about 5mins from Weston. I'm in Pembroke Pines which is between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami but all the way West between Weston and Mirimar.

Fairplay
05-01-2005, 09:22 AM
I live about 5mins from Weston. I'm in Pembroke Pines which is between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami but all the way West between Weston and Mirimar.

I know where that is. Nice area. We went up to Sawgrass and ate at this argentine restaurant call 'The Knife'. I devoured as much ribs, sirloin and various other steaks that my stomach can hold.

patteeu
05-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Cure cancer. And if I have any spare time I'm going to bring peace to the Middle East and mow my grass.

DJay23
05-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Mine starts in 2 weeks actually.
May 14 - Field trip to Harrisburg and Hershey Park. More fun than it sounds.
May 19 - Phillies/Cards in PHilly. Buddy got us seats right behing the Phillies dugout. We're going down Wed night, getting trashed, then going to the game the next day.
June 4 - Taking one of my good buddies to his first Dave Matthews Band concert in Pittsburgh.
June 10 - Faculty picnic (always lots of debauchery)
June 11- Meet friends up in Canada for camping, fishing, boating, and general relaxation.
June 17-->20 - Curricular work for next year.
June 27 - July 29 - Taking my last 3 classes for my Masters in Education and more importantly a RAISE.
July 23 - Bachelor Party
July 30 - Attend a wedding of good friends
August 3 - Up to Lake Ontario in NY State for a week of Jet skis, drinking, and whiffle ball.
August 13 - Stand next to one of my best friends as he marries his woman.

In there somewhere lots of working out, barbecuing, reading, golf, bars, and hopefully try to wrestle a woman every now and again. I'll probably end up going to another concert that I have yet to plan. Happens every year.