PDA

View Full Version : Geeezus, FloridaChief..........

Bowser
04-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Are you sure that's not crack you're drinking?

http://www.absinthe.bz/beginners-guide-to-absinthe.html

Looks very, uhhh, different. I might just have to try a taste of the stuff, instead of a whole drink. Yes, I fear for my sanity.

chiefs4me
04-30-2005, 12:45 PM
I thought he drank Crown......

badgirl
04-30-2005, 12:49 PM
does this mean you can drink it and drive just fine, just relaxed?

FloridaChief
04-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Absinthe derives its name from the Greek word apsinthion, which ironically, means undrinkable.

FloridaChief
04-30-2005, 01:07 PM
I thought he drank Crown......

I can't drink both then?...

FloridaChief
04-30-2005, 01:12 PM
does this mean you can drink it and drive just fine, just relaxed?

Sure. You'll be nice and relaxed when you reach the scene of the accident...

FloridaChief
04-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Yes, I fear for my sanity.

Forget your sanity. Fear for your tastebuds instead.

You've been warned...

FloridaChief
04-30-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm on an almost ENDelt-like scattershot posting on this thread, aren't I?

Cool.

Bowser
04-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Forget your sanity. Fear for your tastebuds instead.

You've been warned...

Hmmm. Burn, does it?

Abba-Dabba
04-30-2005, 01:45 PM
I would like to try some real absinthe. With the wormwood and all.

chiefs4me
04-30-2005, 07:02 PM
I can't drink both then?...

Of course....:) I just thought Crown was Your drink.

FloridaChief
04-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Of course....:) I just thought Crown was Your drink.

It is. Crown for everyday imbibing. Absinthe for special occasions.

Braincase
04-30-2005, 09:40 PM
I thought the name was derived from the ancient sanskrit word "Abisonna", which means, "Dude, the drapes are breathing!".

Jenson71
05-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Saw three Bunuel films today, paisan.

Un chien andalou - weird, which was the point, I guess. So in that regard it succeeded. And yeah I watched the eyeball about 5 times. Gross.

Land Without Bread - One of the most shocking and depressing documentaries I've seen.

and

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie - Great attack; good movie. I did enjoy this one.

FloridaChief
05-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Saw three Bunuel films today, paisan.

Un chien andalou - weird, which was the point, I guess. So in that regard it succeeded. And yeah I watched the eyeball about 5 times. Gross.

Land Without Bread - One of the most shocking and depressing documentaries I've seen.

and

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie - Great attack; good movie. I did enjoy this one.

"Andalou" was surrealism for it's own sake. When Bunuel and Salvador Dali were writing the script, they agreed that no individual scene would interrelate to any other scene in the film. Yeah, the eyeball bit is still remarkable, even after 75 years. I would recommend seeing L'Age d'Or a sort-of sequel that does contain a narrative flow about a man and woman who are constantly frustrated in their attempts to consummate a physical relationship.

Also, if you enjoyed "Discreet Charm", you may like another Bunuel film called The Exterminating Angel. I always think of these two as companion pieces. In "Angel", a group of upper-crust elitists gather for a dinner party. Once there, they find that they cannot leave and no-one from outside can get in. From there the characters start breaking down in various interesting ways. It's another attack on the bourgeoisie, Bunuel's favorite target. I highly recommend a viewing.

|Zach|
05-01-2005, 06:48 AM
"Andalou" was surrealism for it's own sake. When Bunuel and Salvador Dali were writing the script, they agreed that no individual scene would interrelate to any other scene in the film. Yeah, the eyeball bit is still remarkable, even after 75 years. I would recommend seeing L'Age d'Or a sort-of sequel that does contain a narrative flow about a man and woman who are constantly frustrated in their attempts to consummate a physical relationship.

Also, if you enjoyed "Discreet Charm", you may like another Bunuel film called The Exterminating Angel. I always think of these two as companion pieces. In "Angel", a group of upper-crust elitists gather for a dinner party. Once there, they find that they cannot leave and no-one from outside can get in. From there the characters start breaking down in various interesting ways. It's another attack on the bourgeoisie, Bunuel's favorite target. I highly recommend a viewing.
What? I thought you drank Crown.

Jenson71
05-01-2005, 07:47 AM
I look for those two. Belle de jour is easy to get ahold of, so I'll probably being seeing that real soon. I've been going to the University of Northern Iowa to get my films. They have a great variety of foreigns, classics. Lots of Fellini - woohoo!