PDA

View Full Version : EA SPORTS: Tiger Woods 2005 ?!

JOhn
04-30-2005, 12:40 PM
I know we got a few gamers on here, and even more golfers, so anyone play golf on their computer?

Been playing TW a lot lately, as it's to frickin cold to play the real thing. Besides it's always kinda difficult to play in the snow, but it can be done.
:hmmm:

So anyone else playing TW2005? And if so, anybody available to give some advice or some hints/clues?

Specifically I'm trying to figure out how to increase my drives, I'm averaging about 300, which has dropped from about 320. It did so after I changed Clubs & Shafts, yet I've been told that those have little if anything to do with your range. In fact I've been told only the type of ball has any effect.

Also anyone know what your supposed to do with all the cash you win, after you've managed to max out your attributes? I'm currently on the PGA tour with over 8 million in cash and nothing to spend it on. :cuss:

And last, does anyone like to play on-line and if so how about a games sometime?

Demonpenz
04-30-2005, 12:46 PM
there is a game forum

JOhn
04-30-2005, 12:49 PM
there is a game forum
Yea I know that, but nobody on there will tell you anything. :banghead:

BigVE
04-30-2005, 02:24 PM
You need to upgrade your attributes and your equipment. It will take over 25million bucks to get all your physical attributes up to full strength and then you can concentrate on buying upgraded equipement...whoever told you that the equipment didnt matter was lying. When you change your equipment (driver, irons...whatever) on the left side of the screen it will tell you what it adds to your game. I ve never played online. 8 million in cash in this game aint much.

JOhn
04-30-2005, 02:40 PM
You need to upgrade your attributes and your equipment. It will take over 25million bucks to get all your physical attributes up to full strength and then you can concentrate on buying upgraded equipement...whoever told you that the equipment didnt matter was lying. When you change your equipment (driver, irons...whatever) on the left side of the screen it will tell you what it adds to your game. I ve never played online. 8 million in cash in this game aint much.
OK, I have all my attributes at 100%. :thumb:

So what do you recommend as for equipment and should I go with the Solid core or the two piece distance for the best drives?

Currently this is what I'm using:
Driver-- EA Level two-5
I haven't been able to unlock the silver, gold or diamond series
Woods-- EA Silver series
Irons-- EA 200%
I do have silver series unlocked, would they be better?
Shafts-- EA Silver series ( Stiff )

And a Solid core Ball -- Power Distance Nike

ChiefsFanatic
04-30-2005, 03:46 PM
I play on xbox all the time. The PC version is better because you can download a ton of new courses.

My best score is 39 on Couer D'Alene from the black tees, with hard pin placements.

Big Slick
04-30-2005, 04:06 PM
As far as I can tell, all level 4 equipment is equal to any other level 4 equipment. If you care about the $$, maximize your sponserships. At some point, the $$ no longer matter. Otherwise, go with whatever you like.

One word of caution. DO NOT ENABLE A NOSE RING unless you want to keep it forever. I had enough $$ to buy everything there was to buy. But once that nose ring goes on, there's no removing it. The people at EA know all about, nothing to be done though.

Herzig
04-30-2005, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=JOhn]I know we got a few gamers on here, and even more golfers, so anyone play golf on their computer?

Been playing TW a lot lately, as it's to frickin cold to play the real thing. Besides it's always kinda difficult to play in the snow, but it can be done.
QUOTE]

It's never too cold to play golf!

JOhn
04-30-2005, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=JOhn]I know we got a few gamers on here, and even more golfers, so anyone play golf on their computer?

QUOTE]

It's never too cold to play golf!
ROFL

You obviously have never tried to play here in Cody, or Wyoming when the wind is blowing. :cuss: Add in a little snow and you might as well be pissing in the wind! :banghead:

JOhn
04-30-2005, 04:32 PM
As far as I can tell, all level 4 equipment is equal to any other level 4 equipment. If you care about the $$, maximize your sponserships. At some point, the $$ no longer matter. Otherwise, go with whatever you like.

One word of caution. DO NOT ENABLE A NOSE RING unless you want to keep it forever. I had enough $$ to buy everything there was to buy. But once that nose ring goes on, there's no removing it. The people at EA know all about, nothing to be done though.
No worries about the nose ring, not my taste. :rolleyes:

I know there has to be a way to improve, either through equipment or something. I have maxed all my attributes, yet I can not avg over 315yds on tee shots. :shrug:
I have played others and seen saved shots of over 400yds!!