PDA

View Full Version : Drew Gooden = Carl Peterson?

Imon Yourside
05-01-2005, 12:01 AM
http://www.phat5.com/features.asp?StoryID=555&SectionID=2&LayoutType=1&StoryMonth=4&StoryYear=2005

You anti KU flamers should relish in this. :p

DJay23
05-01-2005, 12:22 AM
While I enjoyed the results of his basketball prowess in college, I never cared for his whining, me first attitude. I was actually a little relieved when he went pro early. I think if he'd been around we wouldn't have made it to the championship game the following year. He would have been too much of a distraction, and would have taken away from Collison who had a monster of a year.

DJay23
05-01-2005, 12:23 AM
I should have added that this kind of thing doesn't surprise me, as a big a Jayhawk fan there is, about Drew.

Imon Yourside
05-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Djay I think the whole thing is a joke, a creative one but a joke nonetheless. I found it very humorous and really liked the part that reads "Did he know how meaningless my life is and how much his words would affect me?" Funny stuff...and read the replies at the bottum.

DJay23
05-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Djay I think the whole thing is a joke, a creative one but a joke nonetheless. I found it very humorous and really liked the part that reads "Did he know how meaningless my life is and how much his words would affect me?" Funny stuff...and read the replies at the bottum.
Oh, I see. To be honest, I only read the stuff where I saw "Drew Gooden." It's late/early. I'm sobering up and I'm tired.

Still don't care for him too much.

Imon Yourside
05-01-2005, 12:46 AM
BTW Djay on a serious note, it probably was a blessing in disguise when he left after his junior year. Drew had a horrendous game against Maryland in the championship game and we probably wouldn't have made it the following year.

DJay23
05-01-2005, 06:00 AM
BTW Djay on a serious note, it probably was a blessing in disguise when he left after his junior year. Drew had a horrendous game against Maryland in the championship game and we probably wouldn't have made it the following year.
Agreed. Like I said, he would have been taking touches away from Collison. That team was perfect the way it was IMO.