PDA

View Full Version : Mary Jane makes you do crazy things......

Fairplay
05-01-2005, 04:48 PM
This guy says "I got the munchies damn it! Now heres some weed give me the pizza dude!!

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-pizza-assault,0,6596706.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines

Cops: Man Tries to Pay for Pizza With Pot

May 1, 2005, 6:11 PM EDT

FARGO, N.D. -- Police arrested a 21-year-old man early Saturday after he allegedly assaulted a pizza delivery driver who refused to take marijuana as payment for a pie, police said. The man, charged with robbery, was released from the Cass County Jail after posting $5,000 bond.

Pizza Patrol driver Atif Yasin thought the man was asleep when he arrived to deliver a medium pizza and 20-ounce soda. After knocking a few times and calling the man on his cell phone, Yasin said he answered the door in his boxers.

The man took the pizza, spent a few minutes looking for money and then offered to pay with marijuana, Yasin said.

Yason said when he told the man that he either needed money or the pizza, the man began to yell and pushed him and punched him in the face.

After calling police and waiting for officers to arrive, Yasin delivered two more orders that were waiting in his car.

Officers who arrested the man said he was intoxicated, Sgt. Shannon Ruziska said.

Because the man is accused of assaulting Yasin while committing a theft, he was arrested on suspicion of robbery, Ruziska said.

Yasin did not seek medical attention for his injuries. The right side of his face was still red and swollen Saturday afternoon, he said.

Yasin, a 22-year-old Minnesota State University Moorhead student, said it is the first time he's been assaulted in three years delivering pizza.

He said he was a little nervous to work his next shift, which began at midnight on Sunday. Yasin said he'll handle it differently if he encounters a similar situation again.

"I won't argue to the people who took the pizza," he said. "I'll just leave right away."

unlurking
05-01-2005, 04:52 PM
So, who hasn't done this?

Damn pizza driver shoulda been grateful!

Fairplay
05-01-2005, 04:53 PM
So, who hasn't done this?

Damn pizza driver shoulda been grateful!

As long as its quality stuff and a reasonable amount. Even if you don't smoke it you could sell it for some cash.