PDA

View Full Version : Brief review of The Woodsman

Nzoner
05-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Saw it last night and giving it a :thumb:

The subject matter is none too comforting as Kevin Bacon plays a pedophile who after 12 years in prison tries to start over.Bacon is outstanding as he fights with the demons on a daily basis to control his warped urges and to become as he tells his therapist,normal.

Cut off from his family Bacon has a brother-in-law played by Benjamin Bratt that is the only one who will see and talk with him.

Kyra Sedgwick is also good as a woman fighting a few demons of her own that takes an interest in Bacon.

Although the movie's subject matter is dark it's quite a character study of a man who knows he's so wrong and just wants to right it.

I watched the movie with a buddy and while discussing it we agreed how well Bacon was in wanting to make us feel sympathy for him and yet knowing what he'd done how could we.

Here's the IMDb link (http://imdb.com/title/tt0361127/)

ltlchfinD
05-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Kevin Bacon is an awsome actor. I was pleasantly surprised at the rack on Kyra

TRR
05-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Didn't read your post because I am in the middle of the movie right now. The girlfriend fell asleep so I stopped it. The first half an hour really held my attention!

Nzoner
05-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Didn't read your post because I am in the middle of the movie right now. The girlfriend fell asleep so I stopped it. The first half an hour really held my attention!

So did you finish it or is she still out?

I'd like to hear your take.

Miles
05-02-2005, 07:02 PM
I wasnt too interested in seeing this one because of the subject matter. Though I will plan to check it out now.

How was Mos Def in it? From what little I have seen him in I am quickly becoming a fan. He was excellent in an HBO movie a while back called Something the Lord Made.

Nzoner
05-02-2005, 07:08 PM
I wasnt too interested in seeing this one because of the subject matter. Though I will plan to check it out now.

How was Mos Def in it? From what little I have seen him in I am quickly becoming a fan. He was excellent in an HBO movie a while back called Something the Lord Made.

Mos Def though not in the movie alot made his screen time count,he plays the cop who pops in on Bacon from time to time to see how he's doing and the friction between the two comes across great.

KCChiefsMan
05-02-2005, 07:13 PM
I was thinking about renting that and now I will...