PDA

View Full Version : Ben Wallace named NBA defensive player of the year?

Deberg_1990
05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
WTF?? Bruce Bowen was robbed! Wallace is a fine player, but Bowen routinely takes on the other teams "top" player every night and shuts him down.

Miles
05-02-2005, 06:43 PM
IMO, Wallace probably won this one more on reputation. I imagine that Bowen may have been hurt a bit by his reputation as the league's dirties player.

NJ Chief Fan
05-02-2005, 07:13 PM
:clap:

as a piston fan i have to say he was robbed last season and the title is back home where it belongs(in big bens hands)

and i have to mention 2 PEAT

I SMELL IT AND BEEN SMELLIN IT SINCE WE TRADED FOR MR. SHEED WALLACE

DaKCMan AP
05-02-2005, 08:01 PM
:clap:

as a piston fan i have to say he was robbed last season and the title is back home where it belongs(in big bens hands)

and i have to mention 2 PEAT

I SMELL IT AND BEEN SMELLIN IT SINCE WE TRADED FOR MR. SHEED WALLACE

Shaq Daddy will ruin your plans.

This is the year for my Miami Heat :)

chop
05-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Wallace was robbed last year. He deserved to be defensive player of the year.

Deberg_1990
05-02-2005, 08:24 PM
I imagine that Bowen may have been hurt a bit by his reputation as the league's dirties player.

Bowen is NOT dirty. Its just that the leagues "Superstars" dont appreciate good defense and have to complain about it when they arnt scoring their usual 40 points a game.

Miles
05-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Bowen is NOT dirty. Its just that the leagues "Superstars" dont appreciate good defense and have to complain about it when they arnt scoring their usual 40 points a game.

He tends to get away with lots of physical contact though. Part of that is just from him being crafty in much of the same way as guys like Stockton and Malone were.