PDA

View Full Version : Aw hell here we go again

Nzoner
05-02-2005, 07:46 PM
N.C. Man Finds Finger In Frozen Custard (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050503/ap_on_fe_st/custard_finger)

WILMINGTON, N.C. - A man who ordered a pint of frozen chocolate custard in a dessert shop got a nasty surprise inside — a piece of severed finger lost by an employee in an accident.
ADVERTISEMENT

Unlike a recent incident at a Wendy's restaurant in California, no questions of truth have been raised about the finger served up to go at Kohl's Frozen Custard and found later at home by Clarence Stowers.

Officials from the state departments of agriculture and labor went to the shop Monday, and the owner confirmed one of his employees lost part of a finger in an accident with a food-processing machine. It was not immediately clear how the severed finger got into the custard.

Wilmington television station WWAY reported that Stowers found the finger in frozen custard he purchased Sunday night.

Stowers, who did not immediately return calls Monday from The Associated Press, told the station: "I thought it was candy because they put candy in your ice cream ... to make it a treat. So I said, 'OK, well, I'll just put it in my mouth and get the ice cream off of it and see what it is.'"

Stowers said he spit the object out, but still couldn't identify it. So he went to his kitchen, rinsed it off with water — and "just started screaming."

Stowers said he planned to contact a lawyer.

Shop owner Craig Thomas did not immediately return a message left by the AP Monday.

Joe Reardon of the Agriculture Department's food and drug division said state officials closed the shop while the food processing equipment involved in the accident was cleaned and sanitized.

In March, a Las Vegas woman claimed she bit down on a 1 1/2 inch-long finger fragment while dining with her family at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose, Calif.

Investigators have since called her claim a hoax and charged her last month with attempted grand theft related to millions in dollars of financial losses Wendy's has suffered since news of her claim broke.

teedubya
05-02-2005, 07:52 PM
sweet.

WebGem
05-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I would eat a finger.

Nzoner
05-02-2005, 07:54 PM
sweet.

heh,you're avatar was loading when I read that.

Inspector
05-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Heck, I never get any body parts in my fast food.....

Never. Dang it!

Miles
05-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Wonder if she called Jackie Chiles.

Nzoner
05-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Prolly my sick sense of humor but I literally laughed my ass off at this...

Stowers, who did not immediately return calls Monday from The Associated Press, told the station: "I thought it was candy because they put candy in your ice cream ... to make it a treat. So I said, 'OK, well, I'll just put it in my mouth and get the ice cream off of it and see what it is.'"

Stowers said he spit the object out, but still couldn't identify it. So he went to his kitchen, rinsed it off with water — and "just started screaming."

FloridaChief
05-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Wonder if she called Jackie Chiles.

"Who told you to put the balm on?! Did I tell you to put the balm on?!"

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/Seinfeld/jackie.jpg

tommykat
05-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Just on the news here.........it is true this time.

Skip Towne
05-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Just on the news here.........it is true this time.
This sounds like a good scam. I gotta find out where to get some fingers.

Rain Man
05-02-2005, 08:58 PM
This whole thing is putting me off chicken fingers.

C-Mac
05-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Makes you want to eat ice cream with a fork.

Nzoner
05-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Makes you want to eat ice cream with a fork.

Yeah,kind of gives new meaning to Chocolate Almond Crunch as well.

badgirl
05-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Heck, I never get any body parts in my fast food.....

Never. Dang it!
You have to pay extra for the body parts. ROFL

Valiant
05-02-2005, 10:10 PM
sweet.

hey ali i finally found a naked vid of the chick with the best ass in the world... man it was nice...

cant refind it though...

Frazod
05-02-2005, 10:12 PM
When I was in a Navy on of my friends found a mousehead in his green beans. I actually saw that one.

I think I'd prefer the finger. :spock:

Stinger
05-02-2005, 10:13 PM
When I was in a Navy on of my friends found a mousehead in his green beans. I actually saw that one.

I think I'd prefer the finger. :spock:

:shrug: OK????

badgirl
05-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Maybe this person is kin to the woman with the chili finger and she has some dead person laying around and she gave a finger to her relative to pull the same trick, :hmmm:

Good Lord seems like we have a finger epidemic, its not like they grow on trees, seriously where the hell are all these fingers coming from? I'd like to know, I may need to borrow one. ROFL

Frazod
05-02-2005, 10:16 PM
:shrug: OK????

Thanks, smartass. nlm

C-Mac
05-02-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey, I wonder if the cook and Stowers were in this together as part as a big money scam?
Yaa...I could see two guys and a six pack coming up with this great idea.
:hmmm:

Stinger
05-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Thanks, smartass. nlm

ROFL :D

Nzoner
05-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey, I wonder if the cook and Stowers were in this together as part as a big money scam?
Yaa...I could see two guys and a six pack coming up with this great idea.
:hmmm:

So not only would they be none too bright,they're lightweights as well.

Rain Man
05-03-2005, 09:06 AM
The most interesting thing I've ever found in my food was a wing nut. When I was in the defense industry, we had one of those ancient but cool vending machines where you put in your money and then a cup dropped down, ice dropped into the cup, and then soda poured over the ice. At some point, a wing nut then got dropped into the soda.

Hey, it's not a finger, but it's the best I can do.

R&GHomer
05-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Didn’t realize Ice cream was finger food. Bada bump

C-Mac
05-03-2005, 09:47 AM
The most interesting thing I've ever found in my food was a wing nut. When I was in the defense industry, we had one of those ancient but cool vending machines where you put in your money and then a cup dropped down, ice dropped into the cup, and then soda poured over the ice. At some point, a wing nut then got dropped into the soda.

Hey, it's not a finger, but it's the best I can do.

That could have been quite the show if it had been swallowed and then some how got cross-threaded upon exiting.
:eek:

C-Mac
05-03-2005, 09:49 AM
So not only would they be none too bright,they're lightweights as well.

I've seen two guys that were just thinking about drinking come up with dumber ideas.
:shake:

spnrb8
05-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Does anyone know how to change the little picture deal next to your name.

Phobia
05-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know how to change the little picture deal next to your name.

The avatar, sure. What do you want it changed to?

Hog Rider
05-04-2005, 08:33 PM
I didn't know custard had to be cut up before it was made into a dessert. What the heck is a custard anyway? Do they have four legs or two? Are they plants or a fungus or just some made up name? And why do you need sharp objects to make a dessert outta one for christ (little c) sake?