PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episode 3 soundtrack

Gravedigger
05-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Just bought it today cause I'm a fan of classical music and I have the past two. This one is the best of them all just musically it's very dark. There's tracks titled "Anakin's Betrayal" and "Obi-Wan vs. Anakin" that make me want to envision what those scenes will play out to look like. I can't flippin wait. And also it came bundled with a DVD that has music videos from every movie like "Duel Of The Fates" from episode 1 and "Love Theme" from episode 2 while videos of the saga are playing in the background. In that DVD also includes that music video "A Hero Lost" that was posted not too long ago on the boards only now you can watch it on a bigger screen then just 480x340. I know I'm a hardcore nerd...

Hammock Parties
05-03-2005, 02:18 PM
It's good but none of John William's prequel soundtracks come close to his original trilogy work.

In the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel track Williams uses a cue from the Luke/Vader duel in ESB...twice. I don't have a problem with that, but it just goes to show...his best work was in the OT.

munkey
05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
I know I'm a hardcore nerd...

Glad no one had to inform you of that....

teedubya
05-03-2005, 03:04 PM
The Soundtrack to Star Wars EP 4 made that movie. Without Williams, then SW EP4 is just a good sci-fi movie. The music put it over the edge into legend status.

If Lucas had opted for cheesy 70's era music of the time, the movie could have been a fiasco.

Hammock Parties
05-03-2005, 03:09 PM
The Soundtrack to Star Wars EP 4 made that movie. Without Williams, then SW EP4 is just a good sci-fi movie. The music put it over the edge into legend status.

If Lucas had opted for cheesy 70's era music of the time, the movie could have been a fiasco.

Yup. Williams blended the visuals with music perfectly. I absolutely love his understated moments in ESB, too...

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2005, 03:57 PM
The best soundtrack, from a composition standpoint, is by far, the Phantom Menace. It's almost as long as the movie, and there are various symphonies around the world that perform works from that in pieces and in whole. It's absolutely mind-blowing.

AOTC, on the other hand, was John Williams (and his many ghostwriters) at his worst. Of course, Ben Burtt's choppy editing of the film didn't help. But it was pretty un-creative, throughout.

Hopefully, the ROTS soundtrack will be at least as good as Empire's.

Dane

Hammock Parties
05-03-2005, 04:08 PM
The best soundtrack, from a composition standpoint, is by far, the Phantom Menace. It's almost as long as the movie, and there are various symphonies around the world that perform works from that in pieces and in whole. It's absolutely mind-blowing.

AOTC, on the other hand, was John Williams (and his many ghostwriters) at his worst. Of course, Ben Burtt's choppy editing of the film didn't help. But it was pretty un-creative, throughout.

Hopefully, the ROTS soundtrack will be at least as good as Empire's.

Dane

Eh, I haven't liked any of the PT stuff as much as the OT. I'll admit that TPM is by far the best of the PT though. AOTC was mutilated by Ben Burrt.

LocoChiefsFan
05-03-2005, 07:23 PM
anywhere I can preview online?

Hammock Parties
05-03-2005, 07:26 PM
anywhere I can preview online?

Just download it from a torrent site.

Sure-Oz
05-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Time has Darth Vader on its cover on their new issue, says on the cover "we've seen it! darker, scarier, better!" i cant wait....

jspchief
05-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Just download it from a torrent site.Like which one? I have bit torrent, but rarely use it, so don't know good sources.

I'd also like to get a copy of photoshop that doesn't require an activation code, but have given up after repeated failures.

Hammock Parties
05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Like which one? I have bit torrent, but rarely use it, so don't know good sources.

I'd also like to get a copy of photoshop that doesn't require an activation code, but have given up after repeated failures.

http://trackerwww.prq.to/frame.html

www.torrentspy.com

jspchief
05-03-2005, 10:02 PM
http://trackerwww.prq.to/frame.html

www.torrentspy.com (http://www.torrentspy.com ) :thumb:

jspchief
05-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Any tips or advice on using these torrent files?

Hammock Parties
05-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Any tips or advice on using these torrent files?

You don't know how to use bittorrent?

jspchief
05-03-2005, 10:21 PM
You don't know how to use bittorrent?Sort of. I use torrent storm, but have only used it to get the stuff Dru has put up in the past.

I have the soundtrack downloading right now. I'm just waiting to open the file and get a key-logger and a trojan that violates my dog.

I was just wondering about any precautions or tips.

Hammock Parties
05-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Sort of. I use torrent storm, but have only used it to get the stuff Dru has put up in the past.

I have the soundtrack downloading right now. I'm just waiting to open the file and get a key-logger and a trojan that violates my dog.

I was just wondering about any precautions or tips.

I've never received anything malicious from any torrents I've downloaded.

BitComet is a better client than torrentstorm in my experience.