PDA

View Full Version : WalMart Neighborhood Markets

Rukdafaidas
05-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Is anyone familiar with the WM Neighborhood Markets? If so, can you tell me if they usually sell beer and liquor?
Thanks!

Eleazar
05-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Looks like one in Glendale AZ does, since it has a liquor license.

http://www.ci.glendale.az.us/Finance/TaxLicense/Liquor/pendingapps.cfm

I would guess that's a corporate policy so the ones in your area might.

Michael Michigan
05-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Yes.

They sell both.

It's basically a mini-Wal-Mart.

Rukdafaidas
05-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Yes.

They sell both.

Thanks!
How are their prices on beer/liquor compared to other stores in your area?

C-Mac
05-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Yes.

They sell both.

Well actually they are basically the grocery, household and pharmacy half of a Walmart Supercenter. I'm blessed to have one just 3 blocks away, but being in a dry county...no booze.

Phobia
05-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Their prices are okay. Comparable to most.

I'm incredibly fond of them mostly because they sell frozen crawfish. I eat the hell out of frozen crawfish.

C-Mac
05-04-2005, 06:47 PM
The only "Walmart Supercenter" I've been to that sold liquor was in Branson West, Mo., but I'm sure there are others.

C-Mac
05-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Their prices are okay. Comparable to most.

I'm incredibly fond of them mostly because they sell frozen crawfish. I eat the hell out of frozen crawfish.

How do you cook yours?

Phobia
05-04-2005, 06:54 PM
How do you cook yours?

Slowly, in a covered pan, with a bunch of ingredients. Anything else makes it tough.

teedubya
05-04-2005, 06:54 PM
How do you cook yours?

duh... he eats them frozen.

Phobia
05-04-2005, 06:56 PM
duh... he eats them frozen.

Dude - you have to try the new Blvd Zon.

teedubya
05-04-2005, 06:57 PM
I have to, eh? Funny, I was thinking of snagging some more LOFT... perhaps Ill get a sicks pak of each.

C-Mac
05-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Slowly, in a covered pan, with a bunch of ingredients. Anything else makes it tough.

Not quite the answer I was looking for, but no sense of letting out secret recipes.

Phobia
05-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Not quite the answer I was looking for, but no sense of letting out secret recipes.

I don't really make it the same every time.

I thaw the crawfish and drain off the liquid. Melt a stick of butter in a saucepan. Brown the crawfish on medium head for 3-4 minutes. Then I add some cilantro, red onion, tomato, freshly ground pepper, squeeze a lime, and other various ingredients. I stir that for 5 minutes. Cover, reduce heat, and let it roll for 10 minutes. Serve over rice or your favorite grilled fish. Top with a handful of mozzerella and garnish with Cilantro.

It kinda kicks ass.

Skip Towne
05-04-2005, 07:13 PM
I don't really make it the same every time.

I thaw the crawfish and drain off the liquid. Melt a stick of butter in a saucepan. Brown the crawfish on medium head for 3-4 minutes. Then I add some cilantro, red onion, tomato, freshly ground pepper, squeeze a lime, and other various ingredients. I stir that for 5 minutes. Cover, reduce heat, and let it roll for 10 minutes. Serve over rice or your favorite grilled fish. Top with a handful of mozzerella and garnish with Cilantro.

It kinda kicks ass.
You eat crawdads? I've stepped on a few but have never eaten one. They look kinda nasty.

Skip Towne
05-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Well actually they are basically the grocery, household and pharmacy half of a Walmart Supercenter. I'm blessed to have one just 3 blocks away, but being in a dry county...no booze.
Hey, Craig, I heard they built a Supercenter in Jane, Mo. to serve you Bentonvillans. Have you used it yet?

C-Mac
05-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Hey, Craig, I heard they built a Supercenter in Jane, Mo. to serve you Bentonvillans. Have you used it yet?

Yes and its quite the hit with the tax rate 4% less than Bentonville and liquor stores all around. I have yet to see the parking lot empty when
I've been by it.

Michael Michigan
05-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Thanks!
How are their prices on beer/liquor compared to other stores in your area?

Best price here in Phoenix area on Crown Royal for 1.75.

Plus they will ad match anything.

trndobrd
05-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Is anyone familiar with the WM Neighborhood Markets? If so, can you tell me if they usually sell beer and liquor?
Thanks!

The Sams Club in Wichita has a liquor store. It's just the place to go if you need 5 gallons of "Sam's Choice" Scotch.

cookster50
05-05-2005, 04:23 AM
Brown the crawfish on medium head for 3-4 minutes.

You give medium head to crawfish?