PDA

View Full Version : DAMMIT ROYALS!!

eazyb81
05-05-2005, 01:56 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

This team gives me ulcers, I don't even know why I watch anymore.

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 02:02 PM
... I don't even know why I watch anymore.

Hundreds of us on here wonder the same thing.

Coogs
05-05-2005, 02:03 PM
That is too funny today.

1-0 lead in bottom of 8th.

4 walks and a hit batter.

Down 2-1.

petegz28
05-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Why pull Grienke after only 84 pitches?

eazyb81
05-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Because he walked and hit the first two batters he faced. It was a toss-up either way, but i'm not mad about the decision, just the outcome.

Coogs
05-05-2005, 02:07 PM

:shrug:

Maybe Pena had a c-note bet on the Sox.

siberian khatru
05-05-2005, 02:07 PM
8 straight balls to batters with the bases loaded. Incredible.

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 02:09 PM
The Drive to 120 marches on!!!

eazyb81
05-05-2005, 02:10 PM
The White Sux are going to get the win with a total of 2 hits...

:cuss:

KChiefs1
05-05-2005, 02:13 PM
maybe Royals fans should demand more? :cuss:

petegz28
05-05-2005, 02:14 PM
The White Sux are going to get the win with a total of 2 hits...

:cuss:

2 hits and 2 unearned runs.

shakesthecat
05-05-2005, 02:16 PM

How about because he walked the leadoff hitter, then after a sac bunt, hit the next guy.

In a 1 run game, any manager is gonna make a change.

Spicy McHaggis
05-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Dammit Janet. Sorry Greinke you should have had the W.

tk13
05-05-2005, 02:18 PM
If Zack Greinke is going to be our ace, he needs to be allowed to pitch out of that situation in the 8th. If his pitch count was 100+ I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it wasn't. He's a smart kid, he's good enough to get himself out of the situation. Not very happy with that decision, that's two games in this series we should've won against the best team in baseball. We weren't that far off from taking a series against a very good team... just a couple-three pitches, frustrating. I hate the White Sox.

Coogs
05-05-2005, 02:19 PM
How about because he walked the leadoff hitter, then after a sac bunt, hit the next guy.

I like the bet on the Sox by Pena theory better. Nine one run losses in twelve games. This reaks of a point shaving scandal don't you think?;)

petegz28
05-05-2005, 02:19 PM

Yeah well a lot of good it did us. Better of taking our chances with leaving him in and letting him pitch out of a jam at this point.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2005, 02:21 PM
It'd be nice if this pen could help out our starters when we have a rare lead. I think greinke's run support is just below 2 runs per game in his career now!

petegz28
05-05-2005, 02:22 PM
True, I would hate for us to put up more than 1 run when he pitches.

gblowfish
05-05-2005, 02:27 PM
I completely and sincerely loved it. It was pungently fetid. Incredibly bad....skull splitting headache pain and numbness in following this cluster f*ck of a garbage scow team. A loss so utterly depressing and maddening, one can only stare mouth agape, then offer up a sincere bow and appreciative ovation for the completeness and grandeur of the group ineptness. Truly dismal and awful, reaching a new depth of worthlessness.

Sincerely,
Leonard Pinth Garnell
Fan of Incredibly Bad Baseball

ChiTown

Yeah, it's certainly hard to fault the Manager there, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't leave the kid in for one more batter seeing how you have a force out at 3 bags........ Oh well, this type of thing is really par for the Royals this year. No need in getting upset about it, really

teedubya
No shit. We are gonna ruin this kids will. They rarely EVER put up runs when he is on the mound. Unreal.

Calcountry
05-05-2005, 02:31 PM
maybe Royals fans should demand more? :cuss:I hear Sacramento has been looking for a team. ;)

Sure-Oz
05-05-2005, 02:32 PM
I agree let Zach win it or lose it, anotehr 1 run loss, thtas like 12 now.

ChiTown
05-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Just a fyi

The Royals have played 28 games and they are already 14 games outta 1st place. Oh, and it's only May 5th.................

:deevee:

vckcchiefs04
05-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I don't really care if he walked the first three guys in the inning He's pitching his a$$ off every time out and the team is giving him less than a run per start of support, if he's going to get the Loss let it be because of him and not the bullpen not being able to throw strikes. Pena can skip his happy go lucky a$$ out of town as far as I'm concerned. :mad:

shakesthecat
05-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Yeah, it's certainly hard to fault the Manager there, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't leave the kid in for one more batter seeing how you have a force out at 3 bags........ Oh well, this type of thing is really par for the Royals this year. No need in getting upset about it, really

Exactly.

2nd guessing is easy
The other day people complained because Pena left Anderson in 1 batter too long.

Today they get to complain becasue he didn't leave the Zack in long enough.

They're kids. This crap is gonna happen all summer.
And I really doubt it will matter who the manager is.

tk13
05-05-2005, 02:44 PM
I didn't get to see the game, seems like a lot of people over on the kcroyals.com board think Greinke hit Dye on purpose before getting pulled, set up the double play, and I guess the AB before when Greinke struck Dye out, Dye mouthed an "f-you" to Greinke and Greinke just turned around and smiled. I didn't see the game so I don't know, but with Greinke I could believe it. I listened to that part of the game on the radio, and I wondered what was up, Greinke's got control, he usually doesn't hit guys. Who knows...

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 02:46 PM
They're kids. This crap is gonna happen all summer.
And I really doubt it will matter who the manager is.
True enough.

The team really could use Rich Scanlon's leadership.

Calcountry
05-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Just a fyi

The Royals have played 28 games and they are already 14 games outta 1st place. Oh, and it's only May 5th.................

:deevee:Whats the over under on what day they will be mathematically eliminated?

shakesthecat
05-05-2005, 02:47 PM
I didn't get to see the game, seems like a lot of people over on the kcroyals.com board think Greinke hit Dye on purpose before getting pulled, set up the double play, and I guess the AB before when Greinke struck Dye out, Dye mouthed an "f-you" to Greinke and Greinke just turned around and smiled. I didn't see the game so I don't know, but with Greinke I could believe it. I listened to that part of the game on the radio, and I wondered what was up, Greinke's got control, he usually doesn't hit guys. Who knows...

Hmmmm....

If that's true and he hit Dye on purpose, with a man on, in a 1 run game, then he's an idiot.

Eleazar
05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
OMGZ TEH SKY IS TEH FALLING!!

Seriously, if it's that painful, quit watching.

ChiTown
05-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Hmmmm....

If that's true and he hit Dye on purpose, with a man on, in a 1 run game, then he's an idiot.

No doubt. I would have pulled his Opie Taylor looking ass outta the game just for that. Doesn't Greinke know that Pena has no idea how to handle his staff.......................eh, wait a sec........

tk13
05-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Hmmmm....

I don't think so. Anybody else I would, but he thinks at a different level. I didn't get to see the pitch... I don't know if it was a curveball that got away from him or a fastball in the back. It was the first pitch though. Who knows. Prior to all that he'd retired 11 in a row, I think he should've stayed in the game. It's one thing if you have an average performance going on, but he'd been lights out all day, no runs, 2 hits, he's our ace, his pitch count wasn't high. I usually think fans are overly critical of Pena's handling of the pitchers but I didn't like this one.

Eleazar
05-05-2005, 02:59 PM
I usually think fans are overly critical of Pena's handling of the pitchers but I didn't like this one.

Been busy at work so I didn't get to listen to the game today, but I have qualms a lot of the time about the way he takes people out too early. That is my only real objection to him.

eazyb81
05-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't think so. Anybody else I would, but he thinks at a different level. I didn't get to see the pitch... I don't know if it was a curveball that got away from him or a fastball in the back. It was the first pitch though. Who knows. Prior to all that he'd retired 11 in a row, I think he should've stayed in the game. It's one thing if you have an average performance going on, but he'd been lights out all day, no runs, 2 hits, he's our ace, his pitch count wasn't high. I usually think fans are overly critical of Pena's handling of the pitchers but I didn't like this one.

That was a thought somebody brought up on Royalboard, but wouldn't Greinke and Hanson have a sign for something like that between them? I would think Hanson would tell Greinke to hit him to set up the dp, or at least Greinke would signal to Hanson what he was doing.

shakesthecat
05-05-2005, 03:02 PM

I see your point. But the fact that he walked the leadoff hitter prolly scared Pena into making the move.

I agree, if KC is up say, 5-1, I bet Zack stays in. But in this situation, I can't fault Pena for making the switch.

Hopefully both Greinke and Sisco learned something today.

Coogs
05-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Whats the over under on what day they will be mathematically eliminated?

August 12th. Date of 1st Chiefs pre-season game. Also happens to be my B-Day! :)

There will be 46 games left in the season after the 12th. 47 games out with 46 to play. Sounds about right.

Calcountry
05-05-2005, 03:11 PM
August 12th. Date of 1st Chiefs pre-season game. Also happens to be my B-Day! :)Oh I get it, you have nothing better to do until that day? ;)

WilliamTheIrish
05-05-2005, 07:09 PM

I don't think Dye said that to ZG. Dye was pissed cause the pitch was a ball and I think he said "F you" to Laz Diaz. He showed his displeasure to the ump. I thought Dye was gonna get run for arguing balls and strikes.

Skip Towne
05-05-2005, 07:20 PM
True enough.

The team really could use Rich Scanlon's leadership.
Matt Jones would be another Big Unit.