PDA

View Full Version : ???

freebeer
05-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Why do you hate him? Because he is a successful entrepreneur and you still live in your parent’s basement?
Oh, I am so sorry.....Entrepreneur:A person who organizes, operates, and assumes the risk for a business venture.

shakesthecat
05-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I couldn't agree more

Jenson71
05-06-2005, 10:18 AM
The Art of Posting a Thread and Posting a Reply by freebeer

Simplex3
05-06-2005, 10:18 AM
I couldn't be more confused.

Who are we talking about?

Eleazar
05-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Lay off that free beer.

ptlyon
05-06-2005, 10:20 AM
what you said bro!

Skip Towne
05-06-2005, 10:22 AM
My answer would have to be: ???

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:25 AM
I don't get it either. About whom are we talking?

seclark
05-06-2005, 10:26 AM
I don't get it either. About whom are we talking?
???
sec

KCTitus
05-06-2005, 10:30 AM
He didnt get drafted because he said he was going to medical school.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:30 AM
I have a guess. I think freebeer is one of Athan's disciples.

Freebeer, nobody "hates" Athan. A couple of his biggest critics know him and insist he's a great guy. I think most of the Chiefs online community don't believe his "scoops" and find his writing style to be appalling. That's my take on the situation, but what do I know?

morphius
05-06-2005, 10:35 AM
I have a guess. I think freebeer is one of Athan's disciples.

Freebeer, nobody "hates" Athan. A couple of his biggest critics know him and insist he's a great guy. I think most of the Chiefs online community don't believe his "scoops" and find his writing style to be appalling. That's my take on the situation, but what do I know?
I was thinking along the same line, but was going to wait for him to clearify.

My only issue with him are his "scoops", but its not really any worse then TJ.

Bob Dole
05-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Because it's a terrible combover.

KCTitus
05-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Athan's saving grace is the fact that the saying is true...there is a sucker born every minute.

chagrin
05-06-2005, 10:48 AM
help a newbie out...who's athan?

morphius
05-06-2005, 10:49 AM
help a newbie out...who's athan?
He runs warpaintillustrated.com

chagrin
05-06-2005, 10:53 AM
So what's all the hub bub...bub?

Mr. Kotter
05-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Why do you hate him? Because he is a successful entrepreneur and you still live in your parent’s basement?
Oh, I am so sorry.....Entrepreneur:A person who organizes, operates, and assumes the risk for a business venture.

rochambeau

:whackit:

go bo
05-06-2005, 10:59 AM
speaking of beer....

where's beer me been lately?

patteeu
05-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh, I thought he was talking about David Hasselhoff.

Mr. Kotter
05-06-2005, 11:07 AM
speaking of beer....

where's beer me been lately?

He was gonna change his name....to "Ambient Jelly." But, no...I haven't seen him around.

KCTitus
05-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Oh, I thought he was talking about David Hasselhoff.

No, Bill Gates.

Bwana
05-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Lay off the crack pipe.

RaiderH8r
05-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Lay off the crack pipe.
Are you in Billings or are you at the Rainbow? Buck's Bar? Lay it on me Bwana, I miss my home town.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guigui88/donn%E9e/mackey.gif

Drugs are bad...mmmkay.

Otter
05-06-2005, 11:14 AM
I'll take disreputable entrepreneurs for $1000 Alex.

Bwana
05-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Are you in Billings or are you at the Rainbow? Buck's Bar? Lay it on me Bwana, I miss my home town.

Heh, I like what's next to the Rainbow, the Rex, but other than a few cheap cocktails, haven't spent much time in the bow. Last time I was in the place, I got into a little scrap. Bucks, now those guys have some tasty chicken and reasonable lunch specials. :thumb: Did you ever make it into Gusicks for a few rounds?

RaiderH8r
05-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Heh, I like what's next to the Rainbow, the Rex, but other than a few cheap cocktails, haven't spent much time in the bow. Last time I was in the place, I got into a little scrap. Bucks, now those guys have some tasty chicken and reasonable lunch specials. :thumb: Did you ever make it into Gusicks for a few rounds?
Gussick's is a staple. Full steak dinner with all the trimmings for like $10. Love Gussick's.

Buck's has the best chicken anywhere. I literally grew up in that bar, the old man played softball at Stewart Park and then off to the bar. 12 years old I was hustling shuffleboard, darts, and pool in that joint. Chugged my first beer @ Cobb Field that same age. Scrap in the Rainbow you say? NO WAY, not in that fine establishment :) Just wouldn't be a night without a fight at the Rainbow, $3 for a 16 oz rum and coke is nice though. The Rex is great, I hit on Cheryl Crow there once. Long story, didn't recognize her but saw a hot older gal at the bar alone and figured I'd buy her a drink. It was hilarity, she hung out for awhile with us. The Carlin got a little foofy for my taste, but it used to be a target rich environment on a Saturday night. Memories....

Bwana
05-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Gussick's is a staple. Full steak dinner with all the trimmings for like $10. Love Gussick's.

Buck's has the best chicken anywhere. I literally grew up in that bar, the old man played softball at Stewart Park and then off to the bar. 12 years old I was hustling shuffleboard, darts, and pool in that joint. Chugged my first beer @ Cobb Field that same age. Scrap in the Rainbow you say? NO WAY, not in that fine establishment :) Just wouldn't be a night without a fight at the Rainbow, $3 for a 16 oz rum and coke is nice though. The Rex is great, I hit on Cheryl Crow there once. Long story, didn't recognize her but saw a hot older gal at the bar alone and figured I'd buy her a drink. It was hilarity, she hung out for awhile with us. The Carlin got a little foofy for my taste, but it used to be a target rich environment on a Saturday night. Memories....

I'm with you on the Carlin. When I was working for KRKX Angie was on my account list. I sold her a lot of advertising so I felt I should go in there once a month or so. :hmmm:

So when was the last year you were in Billings?

Calcountry
05-06-2005, 11:42 AM
speaking of beer....

where's beer me been lately?Maybe now that he is working for himself, he doesn't have the time for this joint.

Calcountry
05-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Is everyone allowed to coin a word of their own now? I better hurry up and pick mine before all the good ones are taken.As creative as you are, you could just invent a new one out of thin air.

ptlyon
05-06-2005, 11:46 AM
As creative as you are, you could just invent a new one out of thin air.

He's not creative - he's just drunk all the time

Bob Dole
05-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Is everyone allowed to coin a word of their own now? I better hurry up and pick mine before all the good ones are <b>taken</b>.

You blew it.

Dibs on tooken!

RaiderH8r
05-06-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm with you on the Carlin. When I was working for KRKX Angie was on my account list. I sold her a lot of advertising so I felt I should go in there once a month or so. :hmmm:

So when was the last year you were in Billings?
Angie, she's the short (5'2"ish) curly haired brunette right? If so, she's a dish.

I was there last Thanksgiving to see family. This August I'm bringing a bunch of East Coast types to Glacier Park. They have this messed up notion that Wyoming is a thing of beauty. I can't blame them though, they know not of what they speak.

I also miss the X. 94.1...Jesus it's amazing the shit you remember.

ptlyon
05-06-2005, 11:51 AM
I just love these types of threads - 3 different conversations going on at once, and not a one of us give a shit about freebeer's problem.

Bwana
05-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Angie, she's the short (5'2"ish) curly haired brunette right? If so, she's a dish.

I was there last Thanksgiving to see family. This August I'm bringing a bunch of East Coast types to Glacier Park. They have this messed up notion that Wyoming is a thing of beauty. I can't blame them though, they know not of what they speak.

I also miss the X. 94.1...Jesus it's amazing the shit you remember.

Yep, that's Angie. Good luck with the tour guide duties this year. ROFL I hope they are not to green and understand stuff like bears will eat them if they end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Every year at least two people get nailed in Glacier. I have Otter showing up down here to do some fishing and he is an east coaster, but he has been through the drill so he's cool. So did you ever spend any time around Cooke City? I can't get enough of that area in the summer and do a lot of fishing and ATV riding up there.

jspchief
05-06-2005, 11:55 AM

I didn't realize Billings was the country version of San Francisco. The Rainbow and Buck's? What, they closed The Manhole and Blazing Saddles? Maybe it's just me, but those bars sound a little light in the loafers.

ptlyon
05-06-2005, 11:57 AM
They're different up there, jsp.

Bwana
05-06-2005, 12:00 PM
I didn't realize Billings was the country version of San Francisco. The Rainbow and Buck's? What, they closed The Manhole and Blazing Saddles? Maybe it's just me, but those bars sound a little light in the loafers.

Nope, no blue oyster involved in either, in fact the Rainbow is an easy place to catch a knife. Neither bar is a flit boy joint.

patteeu
05-06-2005, 12:03 PM

Other than some pictures of Yellowstone after the massive forest fires, I've never seen a picture of Wyoming that wasn't beautacular (I got my word!). Am I under an illusion?

Bwana
05-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Other than some pictures of Yellowstone after the massive forest fires, I've never seen a picture of Wyoming that wasn't beautacular (I got my word!). Am I under an illusion?

It depends what part of WY you are talking about. About half of WY is made up of sage brush and speed goats.

RaiderH8r
05-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Yep, that's Angie. Good luck with the tour guide duties this year. ROFL I hope they are not to green and understand stuff like bears will eat them if they end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Every year at least two people get nailed in Glacier. I have Otter showing up down here to do some fishing and he is an east coaster, but he has been through the drill so he's cool. So did you ever spend any time around Cooke City? I can't get enough of that area in the summer and do a lot of fishing and ATV riding up there.
Cooke City and Silvergate are two more must see's. ATV all day, get piss drunk all night. I used to spend countless days up there.

I also miss Flathead Lake and Bigfork....and Kalispell. Moose's Saloon is the best pizza joint ever.

I've briefed them on just how much mother nature gives a shit about humans. In the woods, without a gun, you're no longer atop the food chain, but part of it. I will have my .45. I told them that you don't have to outrun the bear, just outrun the slowest in your group. :)

RaiderH8r
05-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Wyoming :harumph: it's crap. Yellowstone is it. The state tree is sage brush and the wind NEVER stops blowing. It sucks. The soil out there is sandy so you get that shit everywhere. Leave your car out for a week and it'll be sand blasted down to primer.

morphius
05-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Is everyone allowed to coin a word of their own now? I better hurry up and pick mine before all the good ones are taken.
Call it a gift...

...or true lack of caring.

whichever you prefer

Bob Dole
05-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Call it a gift...

...or true lack of caring.

whichever you prefer

Hahahaha!

You suffer from apothecary.

morphius
05-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Hahahaha!

You suffer from apothecary.
Or is it that I suffer from a lack of?

Bwana
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Cooke City and Silvergate are two more must see's. ATV all day, get piss drunk all night. I used to spend countless days up there.

I also miss Flathead Lake and Bigfork....and Kalispell. Moose's Saloon is the best pizza joint ever.

I've briefed them on just how much mother nature gives a shit about humans. In the woods, without a gun, you're no longer atop the food chain, but part of it. I will have my .45. I told them that you don't have to outrun the bear, just outrun the slowest in your group. :)
Aww yes Bigfork, Flathead Lake. :thumb: I am spending the 3rd week of July up there off of Finley Point playing with wave runners, jet skis and boats. There will also be many beverages consumed. I agree with Moose's as well tasty pizza and all the peanuts you can eat errrr...........and step on. :D That entire Flathead Lake area is fantastic.

RaiderH8r
05-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Aww yes Bigfork, Flathead Lake. :thumb: I am spending the 3rd week of July up there off of Finley Point playing with wave runners, jet skis and boats. There will also be many beverages consumed. I agree with Moose's as well tasty pizza and all the peanuts you can eat errrr...........and step on. :D That entire Flathead Lake area is fantastic.
Best place ever. Bigfork Inn is a good place to eat but The Garden Bar makes one helluva burger and is a great place to get piss drunk. I miss Moose Drool...damn fine beer.

Bwana
05-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Best place ever. Bigfork Inn is a good place to eat but The Garden Bar makes one helluva burger and is a great place to get piss drunk. I miss Moose Drool...damn fine beer.
Oh that's one hell of a bar. Have you ever been up there on the 4th of July? Target rich environment to say the least! I am looking forward to heading up there in a couple months. So what years did you live in Billings?

RaiderH8r
05-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh that's one hell of a bar. Have you ever been up there on the 4th of July? Target rich environment to say the least! I am looking forward to heading up there in a couple months. So what years did you live in Billings?
Yup, 4th is the best. I know the owner of the Big Fork Inn so I could stay there...it is within stumbling distance and I've got the instincts trained to find it in the most inebriated of scenarios.

I lived in Billings basically my whole life up to about 2 years ago. Lived off and on in other locales but always returned home. It looks like I'll be a Virginian for quite awhile now though, but a Montanan always at heart. You can take the man out of the Big Sky, but can never take the Big Sky out of the man.

Bwana
05-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Yup, 4th is the best. I know the owner of the Big Fork Inn so I could stay there...it is within stumbling distance and I've got the instincts trained to find it in the most inebriated of scenarios.

I lived in Billings basically my whole life up to about 2 years ago. Lived off and on in other locales but always returned home. It looks like I'll be a Virginian for quite awhile now though, but a Montanan always at heart. You can take the man out of the Big Sky, but can never take the Big Sky out of the man.

I know what you mean. I could be making more money in a number of other areas, but I love the hunting, fishing and outdoors way to much.

So did you go to Senior or West and what year did you graduate?

RaiderH8r
05-06-2005, 03:45 PM
I know what you mean. I could be making more money in a number of other areas, but I love the hunting, fishing and outdoors way to much.

So did you go to Senior or West and what year did you graduate?
West High Golden Bear...'95

Virginia definitely has some good things going for it, VERY green. And DC in the spring is beautiful...but...

Bwana
05-06-2005, 03:48 PM
West High Golden Bear...'95

Virginia definitely has some good things going for it, VERY green. And DC in the spring is beautiful...but...

So you are going to play tour guide to a bunch of boys from Virginia then? Oh damn you can have some fun with that. ROFL

RaiderH8r
05-06-2005, 03:50 PM
So you are going to play tour guide to a bunch of boys from Virginia then? Oh damn you can have some fun with that. ROFL
Better.....they're actually from Jersey. ROFL

Bwana
05-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Better.....they're actually from Jersey. ROFL

Oh man you're killing me. Can you say green? ROFL You will have to tell them how bears break into hotels all the time and drag people out in the woods and slowly eat them. :evil:

Phobia
05-06-2005, 03:58 PM
I just want to know where free beer is.

Bwana
05-06-2005, 04:03 PM
I just want to know where free beer is.

It sounds like Dartgod has some that is about done. :D

RaiderH8r
05-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Oh man you're killing me. Can you say green? ROFL You will have to tell them how bears break into hotels all the time and drag people out in the woods and slowly eat them. :evil:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

You local to Billings or are you from elsewhere?

Bwana
05-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

You local to Billings or are you from elsewhere?

Lived here all my life with exception of a year in Alaska. I got a wild hair right out of high school and moved up there for a year.

Skip Towne
05-07-2005, 05:15 PM
It depends what part of WY you are talking about. About half of WY is made up of sage brush and speed goats.
Speed goats? Antelope?

RaiderH8r
05-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Lived here all my life with exception of a year in Alaska. I got a wild hair right out of high school and moved up there for a year.
Senior, West, or Skyview?

The Alaskan Hummingbird (aka mosquito) is a disturbing evolution up there.

Bwana
05-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Senior, West, or Skyview?

The Alaskan Hummingbird (aka mosquito) is a disturbing evolution up there.

Aww yes, the Alaskan "state bird."

Senior

Skip: yes a "speed goat" is a lope.