PDA

View Full Version : Slow day - here's some recent project pics.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 05:17 PM
forthcoming.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 05:20 PM
This is a project I just finished last week.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Another.

Deberg_1990
05-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Nice, how much would a project like that set me back? $$$ ??

Phobia
05-06-2005, 05:23 PM
This is a project I completed last fall.

The lady of the house loves me.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Here's a pic of just the overhead.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Nice, how much would a project like that set me back? $$$ ??

About $10k assuming ACQ materials. $11k for Cedar. $13ish for Redwood.

ChiefsFire
05-06-2005, 05:26 PM

do we get to see a pic of the lady of this house??

Phobia
05-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Is this thread to reassure me that I've made the right decision? :D

Nah - I just took the pictures in the past week and pulled them off the camera today. Emailed them to a potential client and saw the Planet was slow so I figured I'd brag a little.

I like this kind of stuff. I think your project is gonna really kick ass.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 05:29 PM
do we get to see a pic of the lady of this house??

No, but if you want to meet her, you'll have to buy some of her baked goods. She operates a bakery out of the kitchen.

ChiefsFire
05-06-2005, 05:31 PM
No, but if you want to meet her, you'll have to buy some of her baked goods. She operates a bakery out of the kitchen.
a nice freshbaked loaf of bread sounds damn tasty

elvomito
05-06-2005, 05:44 PM
do you normally pull permits?
its such a pain.

Demonpenz
05-06-2005, 05:49 PM
wow those houses are really "decked" out

Phobia
05-06-2005, 05:55 PM
do you normally pull permits?
its such a pain.

I didn't pull a permit on the most recent deck. It was only 3 feet off the ground and the customer didn't want to delay.

Jenson71
05-06-2005, 05:56 PM
This is a project I just finished last week.

Okay, look at those stairs. Why did you leave the stair fronts open like that? Why not throw a board over it and close it up?

Phobia
05-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Okay, look at those stairs. Why did you leave the stair fronts open like that? Why not throw a board over it and close it up?

They'll be closed in a few weeks. Customer went over budget and ran out of material. I'll be going back sometime next month to make a couple adjustments such as the open stairs. Nice eye.

The best part about that deck doesn't even show up in any of the pics. It's a redwood bar that is hiding behind the guy's grill. It turned out really pretty.

There will also be large ceiling fan installed in the overhead area.

Jenson71
05-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Ah, I see. Looks real good. I signed up to help with Habitat for Humanity this summer so I'll be helping build stuff like this. I'm actually looking forward to it. I never took a woods class in HS, but I've always wanted to build things.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Ah, I see. Looks real good. I signed up to help with Habitat for Humanity this summer so I'll be helping build stuff like this. I'm actually looking forward to it. I never took a woods class in HS, but I've always wanted to build things.

If you ever want a summer job in KC, holler.

teedubya
05-06-2005, 06:24 PM
nice to see you finally got a digital camera. heh. also nice to see that people listen to me. Im a genious.

I also listened to you... and Zon kinda sucks. Loft is much better.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 06:27 PM
nice to see you finally got a digital camera. heh. also nice to see that people listen to me. Im a genious.

I also listened to you... and Zon kinda sucks. Loft is much better.

I've always had a digital camera. But I do need to get different one for the business. The wife doesn't keep it charged and ready for me to take out to job sites.

Sorry you didn't like Zon. Bring 'em over here tomorrow afternoon. I'll drink them, feed you a burger, and the kiddos can play.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Good looking work,maybe one of these days I'll be able to have something done.As for our serving window discussion,my old man,now retired,wants to take it on to help pass the time,sorry.

Hammock Parties
05-06-2005, 07:19 PM
We just had our tile and countertops replaced. Some Mexicans did it.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Good looking work,maybe one of these days I'll be able to have something done.As for our serving window discussion,my old man,now retired,wants to take it on to help pass the time,sorry.

No big deal. If he wants to come order the countertop through me, I can save you some money.

jcl-kcfan2
05-06-2005, 08:12 PM

Don't you need 6x6's on a deck that high?

Bowser
05-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Another.

Nice job, Phil! I had no idea you could work with wrought iron.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Don't you need 6x6's on a deck that high?

Yeah - on a walking deck. What you're looking at there is a non-weight bearing overhead sun shade. No reason to use a 6x6 there.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Nice job, Phil! I had no idea you could work with wrought iron.

Did you like the pillows I sewed?

jcl-kcfan2
05-06-2005, 08:30 PM
I'll post some pics of our job we did on a house on 26th and ave. P (Bernardo de Galvez). You have to keep in mind I am a technician at JSC and my wife is a massage therapist.
We started the week after Xmas and are now 99% done. Total new plumbing and electrical, redoo hardwood floors (lifting carpet) install 3 new kitchens (surplus warehouse for un-finished oak cabinetry, good deals) and turn the 3200 sq. ft. single residence into 3 apt.s. 1-1300 sq ft 2 bdrm, 1-110 sq ft 2 bedroom, and 1 -800 sq ft 2-story one bedroom.
Next is the garage!!
We should have taken pix of it's orignal state, quite a difference now.
So far, with purchase and our work done (subbed some of it) we are 90k into it. We just got it appraised at 200k.

jspchief
05-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Do you create your deck bids by the square ft? Or do you do have a more detailed way of determining bids that include materials breakdowns for each deck?

The reason I ask is that during a slow spell a few years back, I had a chance to get some deck jobs. I did some research on what guys were getting , and the per square ft rate seemed like it would be impossible to make money. It just didn't seem like a very profitable venture.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Do you create your deck bids by the square ft? Or do you do have a more detailed way of determining bids that include materials breakdowns for each deck?

The reason I ask is that during a slow spell a few years back, I had a chance to get some deck jobs. I did some research on what guys were getting , and the per square ft rate seemed like it would be impossible to make money. It just didn't seem like a very profitable venture.

I spend a LOT of time determining the materials I'll need for a deck. Too much, in fact. I hope to get to a point where I can say I charge X amount per foot for a 2000 sq foot cedar deck, but I just don't do enough of them where I have a feel for that yet. I've done 5 deck projects in the past year and wood prices bounce all over the place week to week. It's really hard to do a sqft price unless my markup is really high - which is where I hope to get someday soon. When my quality and design is in high demand, I'll jack up my prices. I do unique things with decks sometimes. I'm traveling to AZ to do ENDelt's project. I'm not making a whole lot of money all things considered, but I'll do a hell of a number on my portfolio. His project is going to kick ass. I have some wild ideas and I expect I'll be billing at least double the next time I take on a similar project.

jspchief
05-06-2005, 09:39 PM
I spend a LOT of time determining the materials I'll need for a deck. Too much, in fact. I hope to get to a point where I can say I charge X amount per foot for a 2000 sq foot cedar deck, but I just don't do enough of them where I have a feel for that yet. I've done 5 deck projects in the past year and wood prices bounce all over the place week to week. It's really hard to do a sqft price unless my markup is really high - which is where I hope to get someday soon. When my quality and design is in high demand, I'll jack up my prices. I do unique things with decks sometimes. I'm traveling to AZ to do ENDelt's project. I'm not making a whole lot of money all things considered, but I'll do a hell of a number on my portfolio. His project is going to kick ass. I have some wild ideas and I expect I'll be billing at least double the next time I take on a similar project.I've gotten to where I can bid my roofs off straight X per sq prices. I have to keep up on material increases, but it's easy since I'm constantly buying the materials. I also do a lot of new stuff where I let the GC worry about the materials. The thing I like about the new stuff is I have my set customer list that build steady, and they know my prices so I never have to bid anything unless it's something really out of the ordinary.

I'll be interested to hear how Delt's deck goes. Are you planning on having the underside still be weatherproof? How are you going to accomplish it? I'd be glad to offer any suggestions or advice in that department.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 09:48 PM
I'll be interested to hear how Delt's deck goes. Are you planning on having the underside still be weatherproof? How are you going to accomplish it? I'd be glad to offer any suggestions or advice in that department.

I'm gonna go down there, drink a lot of beer for a couple weeks and probably plane his existing decking down so it looks like he has a nice new surface.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 09:51 PM
At least you're not gonna charge me $46,000 to do that like that other guy.

Dude, we can get you some great rates on financing. I'm sure you qualify for a nice home equity loan.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm gonna go down there, drink a lot of beer for a couple weeks

Never would've guessed that.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Never would've guessed that.

Don't tell my wife. I don't think she knows I drink beer.

jspchief
05-06-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm gonna go down there, drink a lot of beer for a couple weeks and probably plane his existing decking down so it looks like he has a nice new surface.Really? Taking the boards off and running them through a planer? Or using one of those hand held ones?

Phobia
05-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Really? Taking the boards off and running them through a planer? Or using one of those hand held ones?

It depends on how much beer there is.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Don't tell my wife. I don't think she knows I drink beer.

You'll have Delt such a beer snob by the time you leave we'll have to charge him $137 Oct 15th ;)

Phobia
05-06-2005, 09:58 PM
You'll have Delt such a beer snob by the time you leave we'll have to charge him $137 Oct 15th ;)

I'm pretty sure he's well on his way. He's turning his nose up at Miller Lite now.

jspchief
05-06-2005, 09:58 PM
It depends on how much beer there is.Are you kidding around, or is that the actual plan? It would probably greatly improve the looks if you ran them through a planer and just reattached them with staggered joints (that one seam down the center is brutal). But I was thinking there was more to it than just the looks (a leak in a closet?).

Phobia
05-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Are you kidding around, or is that the actual plan? It would probably greatly improve the looks if you ran them through a planer and just reattached them with staggered joints (that one seam down the center is brutal). But I was thinking there was more to it than just the looks (a leak in a closet?).

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. If there's enough beer, he'll forget all about the closet.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm pretty sure he's well on his way. He's turning his nose up at Miller Lite now.

That gives me an idea,if everyone is okay with deli trays we can offer better beer.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:07 PM
That gives me an idea,if everyone is okay with deli trays we can offer better beer.

You do whatever you want. NW MO is your baby. I'm not gonna micromanage a damn thing. But, I will put my foot down on one thing....

If I need to bring my own beer, please let me know in advance.

I'm hoping that we'll get some interest in the cookoff and have some grub to bring from Friday. At the moment, it looks like Friday will be catered. Remember when everybody was talking all that shit about how good their ribs and briskett is? Posers.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Hmm... I dunno.

I really liked the ribs. And, if I'm not in a cheap beer mood that day, I can always buy my own and bring it.

We're supposed to have ribs the night before. You're taking Friday off, right?

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Looks good, Phil.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Looks good, Phil.

Thanks, that will be $25,000. Please drive through.

jspchief
05-06-2005, 10:11 PM
The cook off seems like it would be a logistical nightmare, at least for participating out of towners.

I'd like a chance to show off my culinary skills, but was hoping to do it at the tailgate before the game.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Looks good, Phil.

FWIW, when you feel like working for a living, give me a jingle. I'm sure you could make poetry with deck boards.

keg in kc
Thanks, that will be $25,000. Please drive through.Hell, you should pay me 25 grand for saying something nice. I don't know what the f*ck came over me.

Nzoner
You do whatever you want. NW MO is your baby. I'm not gonna micromanage a damn thing. But, I will put my foot down on one thing....

If I need to bring my own beer, please let me know in advance.

I'm hoping that we'll get some interest in the cookoff and have some grub to bring from Friday. At the moment, it looks like Friday will be catered. Remember when everybody was talking all that shit about how good their ribs and briskett is? Posers.

As I recall you brought some of your own beer last year,of course you did put it in the public cooler.

Phobia
The cook off seems like it would be a logistical nightmare, at least for participating out of towners.

I'd like a chance to show off my culinary skills, but was hoping to do it at the tailgate before the game.

Works for me. What did you have in mind?

Hammock Parties
05-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Here's the tiling and countertops we had done:

http://img100.echo.cx/img100/7375/tile13lh.jpg

http://img100.echo.cx/img100/2138/tile22er.jpg

http://img100.echo.cx/img100/5972/tile38cg.jpg

keg in kc
FWIW, when you feel like working for a living, give me a jingle. I'm sure you could make poetry with deck boards.I've already got one more job than I want. Although you might've had me with "sweet sweet love" instead of "poetry".

Phobia
As I recall you brought some of your own beer last year,of course you did put it in the public cooler.

Yeah. I'm not too bright.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:14 PM
I don't suppose I have to have ribs two days in a row.

The biggest challenge I've got having ribs on Saturday is that I'd have to miss Friday,of course if you fockers are okay with that.....

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Here's the tiling and countertops we had done:

Dude - why didn't you call me? Oh - yeah. I moved.

The counters look incredible. The slate looks - eh. When are they coming back to cover up the wall joints with shoe moulding?

What's on the backsplash?

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:16 PM
I've already got one more job than I want. Although you might've had me with "sweet sweet love" instead of "poetry".

I don't think we have any knot-holes going in a XX-small, Kyle.

Hammock Parties
05-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Dude - why didn't you call me? Oh - yeah. I moved.

The counters look incredible. The slate looks - eh. When are they coming back to cover up the wall joints with shoe moulding?

What's on the backsplash?

Wall joints? Shoe moulding? Backsplash? I'm clueless.

keg in kc
I don't think we have any knot-holes going in a XX-small, Kyle.Nothing a 1/4" drill bit can't solve.

Phobia
The biggest challenge I've got having ribs on Saturday is that I'd have to miss Friday,of course if you fockers are okay with that.....

No. Friday is going to be epic.... - to borrow a word from Jim Rome.

jspchief
05-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Works for me. What did you have in mind?well, i don't know much about how it works, but I figured I'd try to get in line with whoever else is part of the tailgate so I can be parked by them or at least in the general vicinity.

I wanted to make my teriyaki chicken and armadillo eggs. I can make pretty large portions of both, and wouldn't have a problem sharing. It's more tailgate fare, than cook-off entry stuff, but I have little doubt both will be a hit.

I'll be a first timer, so the last thing I want to do is cut in on someone else's territory. I don't know if there's a concerted effort to all tailgate in one area or not.

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 10:19 PM
I wanted to make my teriyaki chicken and armadillo eggs.Armadillo eggs? Please tell me that's not a yuppy mountain oyster.

jspchief
05-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Here's the tiling and countertops we had done: Hey, was your home built by David Weekly Homes? That house looks identical to the one my parents live in.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Wall joints? Shoe moulding? Backsplash? I'm clueless.

Wall joints - the shit up against the baseboard - which is the wood trim next too the wall. They filled them with grout which leaves no room for the floor to move. Your grout and slate will crack in less than 5 years. Promise.

If they had left that joint open, you could have covered it with a shoe moulding or quarter round.

The backsplash is the material atop the counter - it looks interesting. What is it?

jspchief
05-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Armadillo eggs? Please tell me that's not a yuppy mountain oyster.Nope. Just an interesting name. The ingredients can all be bought at any grocery store. If you like spicy stuff, you'll love these.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Meh, no one really likes hanging out with you anyway. :D

Fine,I'll go ahead and sell that Christmas Eve ticket to someone who cares.

Hammock Parties
05-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Your grout and slate will crack in less than 5 years.

Good thing it's not my house. ROFL

That's disturbing though. Are you 100 percent positive? They ripped up the carpet and put the slate where it used to be.

The backsplash is the material atop the counter - it looks interesting. What is it?

That's just bare wall right now. They're coming back to cover it tomorrow.

Phobia
well, i don't know much about how it works, but I figured I'd try to get in line with whoever else is part of the tailgate so I can be parked by them or at least in the general vicinity.

I wanted to make my teriyaki chicken and armadillo eggs. I can make pretty large portions of both, and wouldn't have a problem sharing. It's more tailgate fare, than cook-off entry stuff, but I have little doubt both will be a hit.

I'll be a first timer, so the last thing I want to do is cut in on someone else's territory. I don't know if there's a concerted effort to all tailgate in one area or not.

Nah - sounds great. I'm looking forward to both. We don't play any bullshit political games at 37 Forever (or ChiefsPlanet). If you want to do something, let me know and we'll work it in. Remind if you're still in as the date approaches. I'm likely to forget. I'm sure your tailgate stuff will be a major hit.

stevieray

torn up from the old conter/backsplash.... :hmmm:

I painted a giant tree and giraffes and teddybears this week.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:28 PM
well, i don't know much about how it works, but I figured I'd try to get in line with whoever else is part of the tailgate so I can be parked by them or at least in the general vicinity.

Jeff are you going to try and make the Saturday party?

If so,any food ideas are appreciated here as well.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Good thing it's not my house. ROFL

That's disturbing though. Are you 100 percent positive? They ripped up the carpet and put the slate where it used to be.

That's just bare wall right now. They're coming back to cover it tomorrow.

I'm not 100% positive. But you're supposed to allow room for a floor to expand and contract - even if it is natural material. I've never taken grout up against a wall and I'm what you might call a beginner.

It looks like they did good work, but the grout up against the baseboard is not cool. I presume they'll be putting quarter round in tomorrow as well. I like the look of slate. I don't like installing it.

Hammock Parties
05-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm not 100% positive. But you're supposed to allow room for a floor to expand and contract - even if it is natural material. I've never taken grout up against a wall and I'm what you might call a beginner.

It looks like they did good work, but the grout up against the baseboard is not cool. I presume they'll be putting quarter round in tomorrow as well. I like the look of slate. I don't like installing it.

It looked like a chore. One of the dudes was breaking up our old tile piece by piece with a hammer - shattering it.

How much would you have charged for this job?

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Ok, I changed my mind. Please come to the banquet.

I am trying to make up the ribs to everyone with a live band this year though.

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 10:32 PM
How much would you have charged for this job?For you? Why, half as much as five times what he'd charge anyone else!

stevieray
05-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Live music and fancy beer sounds good to me.

like either one of you will remember it... :)

jspchief
05-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Jeff are you going to try and make the Saturday party?

If so,any food ideas are appreciated here as well.All intentions are to do it all. It will depend on if I come alone, with my wife, or with the guy I share tickets with. My tentative plan is at least Saturday if I can't make Friday.

What is the current arrangement for food on Sat? Are we supposed to bring our own, or is it like a catered/admission thing or what? If you want to talk food, you can send me a pm. I'd be happy to help any way I can. I won't give you my teriyake recipe though. It's from scratch and it's a closely guarded secret. It may die with me. :)

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:34 PM
like either one of you will remember it... :)

Oh come now I haven't even come close to the legendary party status of Delt

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:34 PM
It looked like a chore. One of the dudes was breaking up our old tile piece by piece with a hammer - shattering it.

How much would you have charged for this job?

Probably quite a lot.

Do you have any measurements handy? Slate isn't cheap - especially 12" slate (unless it's synthetic) and the counters look to be granite.

I'm guessing your parents have nearly $20k in it.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:35 PM
All intentions are to do it all. It will depend on if I come alone, with my wife, or with the guy I share tickets with. My tentative plan is at least Saturday if I can't make Friday.

What is the current arrangement for food on Sat? Are we supposed to bring our own, or is it like a catered/admission thing or what? If you want to talk food, you can send me a pm. I'd be happy to help any way I can. I won't give you my teriyake recipe though. It's from scratch and it's a closely guarded secret. It may die with me. :)

Saturday is $37 all you can eat and drink and hopefully live music this year.

stevieray
05-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Oh come now I haven't even come close to the legendary party status of Delt

you don't remember saying bye at the last party..it was only 11o'clock... :)

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 10:36 PM
I don't think I've had 18 beers this year.

Hammock Parties
05-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Probably quite a lot.

Do you have any measurements handy? Slate isn't cheap - especially 12" slate (unless it's synthetic) and the counters look to be granite.

I'm guessing your parents have nearly $20k in it.

13K actually. They didn't do the bedrooms.

jspchief
05-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Saturday is $37 all you can eat and drink and hopefully live music this year.Sounds good to me. :thumb:

I might even be able to help with the music. I have a buddy that does the acoustic solo thing and he's pretty damn good. He really knows how to work the party crowd (plays at bars around here). He's a Chiefs fan, so he might be willing to travel.

stevieray
All intentions are to do it all. It will depend on if I come alone, with my wife, or with the guy I share tickets with. My tentative plan is at least Saturday if I can't make Friday.

It's a great time....will be cool meeting you.

Nzoner
you don't remember saying bye at the last party..it was only 11o'clock... :)

That was the scotch's fault.

Phobia
I don't think I've had 18 beers this year.

Holy shit, Kyle.

I'm paying your entrance to the St. Joe event. I hope you'll make up for it there.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:40 PM
You knocked down 18 beers last night. I'd say that's a healthy start. I don't think I had 18 beers last night. Course, like I said, I went to work this morning.

Come to think of it we were the last two to crash the morning before the 37 Forever party.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:41 PM
13K actually. They didn't do the bedrooms.

Your parents need to be thrown in jail. They're robbing somebody (assuming that's actually slate). Wainscoting, floors, and granite counters? All for $13k? Nice. I hope they got a backerboard installed as well.

Call me in 5 years and tell me if it was worth the $13k.

Hammock Parties
05-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Your parents need to be thrown in jail. They're robbing somebody (assuming that's actually slate). Wainscoting, floors, and granite counters? All for $13k? Nice. I hope they got a backerboard installed as well.

Wainscoting?

stevieray
05-06-2005, 10:42 PM

He'll even throw in the backsplash.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Sounds good to me. :thumb:

I might even be able to help with the music. I have a buddy that does the acoustic solo thing and he's pretty damn good. He really knows how to work the party crowd (plays at bars around here). He's a Chiefs fan, so he might be willing to travel.

Cool.

I sent an e-mail tonight to a ZZ Top tribute band called Sharp Dressed Man as well.

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Holy shit, Kyle.

I'm paying your entrance to the St. Joe event. I hope you'll make up for it there.I can't say either way right now. I don't know my work schedule (that's why I wasn't there last year) and it's the week of one of my sister's 40th birthday. I've heard she may be putting together a family thing in LA, but I don't know any details yet. She's also SoL if I have to work. :(

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Wainscoting?

That's the slate they installed ~3' up the wall.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:45 PM
I can't say either way right now. I don't know my work schedule (that's why I wasn't there last year) and it's the week of one of my sister's 40th birthday. I've heard she may be putting together a family thing in LA, but I don't know any details yet. She's also SoL if I have to work. :(

Sounds like it will be a bargain either way, lush.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:47 PM
It's a great time....will be cool meeting you.

Jeff is an alright guy,I met him prior to one of the games but I was drinkin whiskey that night so my memory is a bit fuzzy. ;)

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Course, I kissed her to elicit that comment... Jamie might've commented if I'd kissed him, too... but, we're not that close.

I hope I get a kiss when I roll up into Scottsdale. That's a long drive for no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

BTW, I hope you don't mind spooning.... and snoring.

Bowser
Course, I kissed her to elicit that comment... Jamie might've commented if I'd kissed him, too... but, we're not that close.

You should have just slapped him.

stevieray
Jeff is an alright guy,I met him prior to one of the games but I was drinkin whiskey that night so my memory is a bit fuzzy. ;)

cool....

you sound more like delt with every post.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:49 PM

If he comments on your bald ass head, he sounds like a decent person.

stevieray
05-06-2005, 10:49 PM
I hope I get a kiss when I roll up into Scottsdale. That's a long drive for no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

BTW, I hope you don't mind spooning.... and snoring.

and farting. what was the phrase from the dallas roadtrip?

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah, but I got a late start that day.

Oh yeah?But,but,but......I'm almost old enough to be your dad.

Your turn. :D

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:52 PM

His peanuts were fresh,thought I was gonna drive off the highway.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:52 PM

I don't recall for sure. Wasn't it something Jamie said? When is it my turn?

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Sounds like it will be a bargain either way, lush.Oh, if I'm able to make it I'll pay my way. I ain't no charity. The real problem is work. Although I have more control over my schedule this year. But I probably won't be able to say yea or nay before September. It's out of my hands until the management type assholes decide whether the shows have sold enough advertising to go into production, and I usually don't find out until a couple of weeks before shooting.

jspchief
05-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Jeff is an alright guy,I met him prior to one of the games but I was drinkin whiskey that night so my memory is a bit fuzzy. ;)Yea, we were both a bit sauced. I had some homeless guy hanging around my tailgate that evening, so I didn't have time to stick aorund for long, but you did give me a beer for the walk back to my truck (bless your heart).

I look forward to getting to meet some more of the guys in person.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Your boobs aren't big enough.

I think you'd be surprised. Besides, it ain't like you've never slept with a chick with a hairy chest before.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Oh, if I'm able to make it I'll pay my way. I ain't no charity. The real problem is work. Although I have more control over my schedule this year. But I probably won't be able to say yea or nay before September. It's out of my hands until the management type assholes decide whether the shows have sold enough advertising to go into production, and I usually don't find out until a couple of weeks before shooting.

Heh heh - I didn't mean for that to sound anything but what it was - flipping you shit. I figured that if you drank at your current pace, you wouldn't have more than 1 or 2 at the event and our margin on you would offset the loss on Brian.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:57 PM
I don't recall for sure. Wasn't it something Jamie said? When is it my turn?

Are you referring to the,"my peanuts are fresh" comment you made?

Bowser
Yea, we were both a bit sauced. I had some homeless guy hanging around my tailgate that evening, so I didn't have time to stick aorund for long, but you did give me a beer for the walk back to my truck (bless your heart).

I look forward to getting to meet some more of the guys in person.

It's kind of strange to put faces to names from the board. Raiderhader looks nothing like what I thought he might. And up until the tailgate, I had no idea KS Smitty was a woman!

It was a great time, and I look forward to this years party. It will be a blast.

Phobia
The gal in question has DD's. Hairless, thank you.

If Paris Hilton ate enough she could have DD's, too.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Heh, I meant that as an explanation of why *I* was up so late. I think the next day was a decent example of what happens to me when I get an earlier start. And when I switch to vodka from beer after I'm already wasted.

No shit,you're sitting at my bar eating peanuts and the floor was covered with shells.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Are you referring to the,"my peanuts are fresh" comment you made?

Heh I have no idea. Was I shitting my pants during that trip? My wife will be surprised.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 10:59 PM
It's kind of strange to put faces to names from the board. Raiderhader looks nothing like what I thought he might. And up until the tailgate, I had no idea KS Smitty was a woman!

It was a great time, and I look forward to this years party. It will be a blast.

We just gotta Skip away from from my neighbor's garage,I found out later he made a trip up there. :D

jspchief
05-06-2005, 10:59 PM

It was a great time, and I look forward to this years party. It will be a blast.I've actually thought about that. I've got these mental images of people, and I'm sure some of them will be a mile off. I will say Joe was about right in line with what I expected ( I won't say if that's a good thing or a bad thing though).

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Heh I have no idea. Was I shitting my pants during that trip? My wife will be surprised.

Uh yeah,thank god the truck had a sunroof.

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Heh heh - I didn't mean for that to sound anything but what it was - flipping you shit. I figured that if you drank at your current pace, you wouldn't have more than 1 or 2 at the event and our margin on you would offset the loss on Brian.Well, when I said 18 beers, I conveniently left out several bottles of liquor.

If I'm coming, I'll make sure I'm in training a few weeks before, though. Don't want to embarras myself.

stevieray
05-06-2005, 11:01 PM

you were farting in your sleep...joe and I were rockin out..

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 11:02 PM
I've actually thought about that. I've got these mental images of people, and I'm sure some of them will be a mile off. I will say Joe was about right in line with what I expected ( I won't say if that's a good thing or a bad thing though).

What the hell and I even gave the man a beer for his walk back.

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Why not? I plan to.I mean 'embarras myself' as in 'pass out in a pool of my own drool after 2 zimas', not 'dance naked on the grill after a case of schlitz". Although schlitz would be embarrasing in and of itself.

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey man, I like Schlitz.Hey man, different strokes for different folks. I mean, you like fat chicks, too. It's not wrong, you're still an okay human being, I just don't 'get you'.

stevieray
05-06-2005, 11:06 PM
I mean 'embarras myself' as in 'pass out in a pool of my own drool after 2 zimas', not 'dance naked on the grill after a case of schlitz". Although schlitz would be embarrasing in and of itself.

phil took care of the naked part last year, maybe that's why he offered to pay..

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 11:07 PM
you were farting in your sleep...joe and I were rockin out..

No I was rockin back and forth to keep the smell from settling

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 11:07 PM
phil took care of the naked part last year.Put a shrimp on the barbie, did he?

stevieray
05-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Phil has melodic farts? That's a pretty cool party trick.

sorry, i meant we were rocking the vehickle trying to get fresh air

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't like fat chicks. They like me.Riiiight. Chubbychaser.

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 11:09 PM
sorry, i meant we were rocking the vehickle trying to get fresh airOkay, I don't want to hear about the three of you in a rocking vehicle. TMI!

jspchief
05-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Chubbychaser is a funny term. I mean, how hard is it to catch a fat person?Depends...how high are you dropping her from?

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Chubbychaser is a funny term. I mean, how hard is it to catch a fat person?Well, they may not be good for long distance, but some of them have quicks. A real burst. And they can be oily, too.

But who am I to tell this to the master of mountain mounting.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Well, they may not be good for long distance, but some of them have quicks. A real burst. And they can be oily, too.

But who am I to tell this to the master of mountain mounting.

Damn - sounds like the voice of experience. Oily? Okay, I'm getting aroused.

Phobia
05-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Okay, I don't want to hear about the three of you in a rocking vehicle. TMI!

WeirdWolf was supposed to have been there, too.

Nzoner
05-06-2005, 11:27 PM
WeirdWolf was supposed to have been there, too.

And that other guy but I'll refrain from using his name due to the topic at hand.

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Damn - sounds like the voice of experience. Oily? Experienced? Oh yea. As in being fat.

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 11:30 PM
All praise Phil for deleting that thread that was revolting on a fat chick level.

Ultra Peanut
05-06-2005, 11:33 PM
WE KNEW HOW MANY LICKS IT TOOK TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIE ROLL POP.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ultra Peanut
05-06-2005, 11:34 PM
All praise Phil for deleting that thread that was revolting on a fat chick level.Yeah, because this one's sooooooooooo interesting!

keg in kc
05-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Yeah, because this one's sooooooooooo interesting!You have a point.

Skip Towne
05-07-2005, 07:22 PM
I don't like fat chicks. They like me.
I saw a little S-10 pickup the other day that reminded me of you. It was lowered all the way around to within 6" of the ground. It had a sign in the back window that said "No Fat Chicks".

PastorMikH
05-07-2005, 07:28 PM

Say, you did a good job on your mom's porch.

:thumb:

Nzoner
05-07-2005, 07:40 PM
We just gotta Skip away from from my neighbor's garage,I found out later he made a trip up there. :D

I thought about this today and sure enough....I think I meant to say Kip.

Nzoner
05-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Ah, I was wondering what the f*ck you were talking about. It makes much more sense now.

Don't know if you heard the story but he went up the hill and apparently told my neighbor it wasn't us that called the law.

Manila-Chief
05-08-2005, 04:47 AM

Oh, so you finally got arounf to doing the job Pink has been wanting you to do!!!!